Search:

SIYE Time:9:42 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Trump of the Trunk
By Tim Hortons Donuts

- Text Size +

Category: Harry's Magical Trunk Challenge (2007-3)
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

This is a response to the "Harry's Magical Trunk" challenge. While Harry mourns the death of Dumbledore, an unexpected visit from Remus Lupin, bearing an unexpected idea, shakes Harry from his sulking, and, well what else? Adventure ensues! Just in case (since this is chapter one) I am going to put the rating at PG-13. This rating may lower, or raise, it all depends on what goes on in my noggin.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3207



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hello all, I am new to S.I.Y.E I was referred to this site from my aunt, also known as the use Carolquin, I hope to gain friends, critique, and have an overall good time here, this is my first ever attempt at fan fiction, so while I am not asking for you to have mercy on me, I am asking for you to merely understand if this ends up turning into a piece of garbage. Thank you.




ChapterPrinter


Harry, for the first time in his six long years of enrollment at Hogwarts, could not wait to get back to the bitter life that he leads at Number Four Privet Drive. He couldn’t take it anymore. The amount of eyes that usually had followed him wherever he went within the magical community, had seemed to triple since word of the events that had occurred in the Astronomy tower circumvented. He had not had a single moment to himself that was not dedicated to feigning sleep or skipping meals, that didn’t include someone asking him if he was okay, or telling him to cheer up, or doing a horrible job of putting on a fake smile and repeating to him that everything would be alright. What did they know? The one person at Hogwarts that he could truly confide in without a second thought was gone, and with him, all of the enchantment that had once shook Harry‘s very soul.

As usual, the ride back to the Dursleys’ was filled with snide remarks, criticism, and overall hatred towards Harry. Though he felt this was better than people treating him like he was a poor defenseless child, Harry would have liked nothing better than to flat out tell his walrus proportioned Uncle to shut up, but he held his tongue, giving his uncle nothing but a low ‘uh huh’.

When they finally arrived, Harry grabbed all of his belongings that had temporarily resided in the trunk of the Dursleys’ car, ignored whatever it was that Vernon was complaining about, and ran. He ran as fast as his legs would allow, nearly flying up the stairs, made a sharp left down the hall and immediately entered his room. With a soft click, he locked the door, falling to the floor as if he had just been struck with an incredibly powerful stunning jinx.

Harry screamed as loudly as he could, tears trickling down his cheeks. He took in a large inhale of oxygen and screamed once more, he pounded the floor beneath him with his fist, his body shaking with more emotions than he knew he even had. He repeated this sequence multiple times before he decided to give in to how tired and weal his body actually was. He slowly curled into a ball, hugging his legs tightly to himself, and cried to sleep.

Two weeks had passed since the start of Harry’s summer vacation. Every single one of those days were spent on his bed, doing nothing but sulking, sobbing quietly, and thinking. He had began to blame himself for all that had happened near the end of the school year, and was soon at the point where he stayed confined in his room for outrageous periods of time, only leaving when he could no longer avoid using the bathroom, and needed to get something (usually of an extraordinarily very small portion) to eat when he began to feel faint from starvation.

He had received many letters for such a short amount of time, mainly from Hermione and Ron, but, to his (and his Uncle’s) annoyance, came to the realization that he had to respond, when he had received a howler from almost everyone close to him in the wizarding community.

Harry sighed as he sat at the small table in the corner of his room, ignoring Hedwig’s plea for release from his confinement of the small metal cage in which he resided in, and reached for a spare piece of parchment that was lying on the table. He then reached in his trunk for a bottle of ink, placed it on the table, and with slight hesitation, dipped the tip of his quill into the small bottle of liquid.

Dear Lupin,

I’m fine, everything’s fine, I’m just not feeling up to the task of writing every single bloody person I know within the Wizarding Community, I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else, but I just need some time alone. Please forward this to everyone, and let them know what’s been said in this letter.

Harry


He rolled the small bit of parchment, and after finding a piece of string, tied the letter to Hedwig’s leg, who excitedly clicked it’s beak, finally being freed from it’s prison. He carried Hedwig to the window, lazily stroking her feathers, and with the slightest nudge, Hedwig flew out of the window.

Harry sighed and turned around, heading towards his bed to sulk some more, accidentally knocking over his trunk, which, to Harry's annoyance, was ajar, thus spilling it’s contents. Agitated, he began to pick up all the items that were now covering the small amount of floor space that Harry barely had available, when he heard the familiar sound of Hedwig’s high pitched screech. He turned around swiftly to see Hedwig was perched on the windowsill. His face bearing a confused expression, he walked up to Hedwig, ignoring Vernon’s shouts to ‘shut that bloody bird up’, and saw that there was no letter attached to Hedwig’s leg. He stared at Hedwig for a few moments, thinking over the extremely small amount of different scenarios that would explain her return so suddenly. He was about to scold her for (what he presumed had happened) dropping the letter only moments after he had given it to her, when he hard a faint hissing noise.


“sss” He looked around for his wand, ready to jinx whatever it was that was hiding from him, until the hissing noise turned into barely audible words.

“Harry...Harry it’s me!” The voice sounded oddly familiar, and he heard it coming from the direction of the window in which Hedwig was now perched on. Carefully, yet swiftly, he carried Hedwig and moved her away from the window, looked down onto the neatly trimmed lawn of the Dursley’s, and, to his surprise, saw the graying head of Remus Lupin, former Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts, publicly known werewolf, and member of the Order of the Phoenix, carrying what seemed to be an extraordinarily large trunk.


Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear