Search:

SIYE Time:10:25 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Letter to Ginny
By hgseeker

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger, Other, Ron Weasley, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 34
Summary: A seventeen-year-old Harry writes a poignant letter to Ginny after sharing a tenderly passionate night with her, declaring his love and intention to return upon vanquishing Voldemort. And he DOES return...it just takes him ten years to do so.
Hitcount: Story Total: 31410; Chapter Total: 4923







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


FIVE — WEDDING/HONEYMOON

Sooner than anyone expected, the day had arrived. The last several months had been a veritable whirlwind of activity. Looking back, all concerned could scarcely remember specific incidents; mainly it was large blurs here and there. Through it all, Harry and Ginny were thankful to have had each other, Lily, and their friends to fall back on in order to keep everything in perspective and not lose sight of just what getting married meant to them all … which was pretty much the same thing.

Being able to love and be loved by the one person you loved the most in all the world, to have children and grow old with them. And because of the fact that wizards and witches tended to live a long time, it wouldn’t surprise any of them if they ended up each being married at least a century, if not more, especially considering how young they each were now. And considering the depth of their love, not to mention its eternal nature, even that wouldn’t seem very long.

Over the last week, all six of Ginny’s brothers had arrived with their wives and/or families, fortunately staying in town at the Leaky Cauldron, Diagon Alley’s equivalent of a hotel, complete with its own restaurant. The six brothers all helped to decorate the living room of the Burrow within an inch of its life with a mixture of blue satin ribbon, roses and honeysuckle, the scent of both flowers so strong that Molly had to tone it down with a Scent-Nullifying spell. You could still smell the flowers, of course; the scent just wasn’t overpowering any more.

Even the makeshift altar was decorated with same; the head of the Ministry of Magic’s Division of Marriage and Children would be coming to marry Harry and Ginny. He hadn’t arrived yet, but was expected at any moment, since the wedding was in less than an hour. Harry and Ron were dressing in one spot, Ron’s old room, and the women and children who were members of the wedding party were in Arthur and Molly’s bedroom.

Arthur had dressed beforehand and was entertaining the children in his charge, which now included Bill and Fleur’s two, as best he could, but being children, they were impatient and their attention couldn’t be kept on any one thing for more than a few moments. He was unsure how much longer he could keep them under control without magic; if worse came to worse, of course, he would temporarily “freeze” them and reverse the spell once everyone else was ready.

It was over the next half hour that everybody began to arrive, usually by twos, sometimes more, which was the case with the women, since Fleur, Hermione, Rosabelle and Penelope were all assisting the ladies in the wedding party. Ginny found she was able to endure Fleur’s presence as long as she concentrated on her mother, Rosabelle and Hermione, who were the ones she got along best with in her retinue of sisters-in-law.

Harry and Ron arrived about twenty minutes before the wedding was due to start and took their places at the altar, helping Arthur to control the children; a moment later they heard the pop of Apparition and looked up to find that the middle-aged (for a wizard, anyway) wizard with the power to marry couples had arrived in his most formal navy blue robes covered with stars. Now all that was necessary was for the Wedding March to start and Arthur to walk Ginny down the aisle. He designated Bill and Charlie to look after the children, with Fred, George and their ladies assisting them, while he went to join Ginny.

Harry’s heart began to pound as he heard the Wedding March begin. This was a moment he had never imagined would ever come, particularly during the worst possible times of his life during the last ten years. Even now it seemed scarcely imaginable that Ginny could ever have forgiven him, particularly after he had confessed to his totally physical relationships with women over the ten years they had been apart–much less consented to marry him and have another child with him … but she had and she was.

Truly, he didn’t deserve her and never had, which made him all the more determined to do all he possibly could to make sure that she never knew another day of sadness because of him. After they had parted, he had vowed never to love again and he hadn’t … and she was the main reason. No matter how many temporary lovers he had had, however many women had known his body, Harry knew that only one had ever possessed his heart–the one he was now marrying.

He could just imagine how the others would react once they learned of his marriage, likely asking themselves just what it was Ginny had that they didn’t: a question which would most probably never be answered. At least not by Harry himself, at any rate. But enough of the past; he had to get back to the present–and the girl who was his future.

Upon catching sight of his bride coming toward him, her long red-gold hair wreathed in flowers and the hem of her lacy blue Empire-waisted wedding dress brushing the floor as she slowly approached, a large mixed bouquet of roses and honeysuckle held together with blue satin ribbons carried in her delicately formed hands, only partially concealing her large belly, her lovely face holding a blush on her cheeks, her soft brown eyes filled with love and passion for him and her luscious lips painted a delicate pink, Harry felt his pulse literally go into the stratosphere. Gods, she looked incredible! How could any girl be so beautiful and still be real? Much less belong to him?

Harry recalled when they had awakened the morning of the wedding; he had been most reluctant for them to part, knowing that in keeping with tradition, he would not be allowed to see her again until the wedding itself. It was for this reason he had made their customary morning love last as long as he possibly could, but even at that, the time for them to part came all too soon.

The wedding couldn’t be over soon enough for him so they could be alone and he would able to love her once again. [He had already informed Molly that he and Ginny would not be in attendance at the reception. At least not after the first hour or so, at any rate.] Best of all, once they were finally alone again, they would be husband and wife. That was the only thing that kept him going, the only thing which enabled him to endure the interminable wait between now and then.

Harry also couldn’t help smiling at his beautiful little daughter in her lacy blue dress scattering rose petals before her mother, and small Billy, the image of his mother Hermione, blue-eyed and brown-haired, in his miniature tuxedo-like robes carrying the blue satin pillow which held the wedding rings which had belonged to his parents, secured to them with blue satin ribbons. How long would it be before he would be father of the bride, escorting Lily (or another daughter, even) down the aisle to be married?

Of course, considering Lily’s lingering affection for Theodorus, it was just as likely that she would want both of them to walk her down the aisle. He was working today, as Harry suspected he had done on purpose, even though he had been invited to the wedding, so he didn’t have to think about what was happening at this moment. Harry couldn’t blame him; he would likely have felt the same way in Theodorus’s position. He could only hope the man could find someone special who would truly love him, as everyone deserved … and have his own children.

The next thing he knew, Ginny and Arthur had reached him and with a trusting smile, the latter had handed his daughter over to her husband-to-be. A husband she truly loved this time! The couple then turned to face the Ministry wizard, arms linked and holding hands. Ron took charge of the children, placing Billy near him and Lily near Hermione, who had followed Ginny out and who now stood behind her and slightly to one side.

He scarcely heard the words which officially began the wedding ceremony; if it hadn’t been for Ron nudging him at the proper time, Harry wouldn’t have remembered to either say “I do” or put the wedding ring–his mother’s wedding ring–on Ginny’s finger to accompany her engagement ring at the proper time. Ginny, on the other hand, seemed to have no trouble knowing just how to proceed when it came time to say “I do” and place his father’s wedding ring on his hand. Harry surmised that it was because she had gone through all this before; he winced in spite of himself at the thought. Ginny seemed to pick it up despite the mental shields he had erected, a necessary talent when one was both a Legilimens and Occlumens.

What’s the matter, luv? she asked him mentally.

I just … can’t help thinking of how you went through all this before, he replied.

But unlike before, this is a true marriage, for we have love between us, she pointed out, sending a wealth of love in Harry’s direction which erased all doubts in his mind … at least for the time being.

“By the power vested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I now pronounce Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley husband and wife. Harry, you may kiss your bride.” Again, Ron nudged him and Harry was able to proceed with the traditional wedding kiss. And once he got Ginny in his arms, he had no intention of letting her go without snogging her within an inch of her life -- and never mind how many people were watching. At least fifty, if not more … just as many as there had been when their first kiss had occurred, come to think of it. But their next kiss would occur in the privacy of the bedroom, with no prying eyes. He would see to it.

It was over a minute later that they managed to come up for air, and once they did, they were enveloped in hugs and kisses from nearby friends and family, not to mention the children. This time Harry insisted on accompanying Ginny to change into the clothing for the reception and nothing anyone–even Molly–said stopped him. Nothing and no one was going to stop him from being with her now.

Once he got her alone, he zapped the door locked and swiftly divested them both of their wedding finery, lowering her to the nearby bed and passionately possessing her, not caring that anyone was waiting for them. Ginny had scarcely had the chance to catch her breath before Harry almost literally knocked her for a loop with the depth of his passion, but just the same, loved every minute of their interlude, no more caring that the others were waiting than Harry did.

Ginny, my wife … gods, I need you so much …

Harry, my love … being with you like this is Heaven …

It was the better part of an hour before they finally came back to earth, before Harry finally allowed Ginny to dress again and renew her makeup, scooping up her bouquet, intending to throw it to all unmarried ladies from the stairs as was tradition. It frankly wouldn’t surprise her if one of the girlfriends of Fred and George managed to do it and used it as leverage to get him to propose.

Ginny was sure that everyone knew what had happened between her and Harry once she got in view of them again, but told herself that she didn’t care, even though the thought of what they had to all be thinking made her blush. Just the same, they were married and could make love whenever they wanted; to blazes with what anyone else thought.

And as Ginny had surmised, one of Fred and George’s twin girlfriends caught the bouquet, giving her man a sly look, already plotting ways and means of getting him to the altar, up to and including getting pregnant if necessary. But that was her affair; she had her own husband to concern herself with. Most of the wedding guests had already Disapparated to the reception hall and more would show up, since it would be pretty much open to the public due to Harry’s fame, if nothing else. Only Arthur and Molly approached them about their earlier actions; even Ron, Hermione and the children had gone on ahead to the reception hall.

“Why don’t you and Arthur go on to the reception hall? We’ll meet you there,” Harry suggested.

“Not without having a word with you first, Harry,” Molly declared, her tone brooking no argument. “Just what did you mean, taking off with Ginny like that and not coming back for an hour?”

“What do you think it means, Molly?” Harry threw back. “I’m a grown man; Ginny is my wife. I wanted to be alone with her. Haven’t been all day. Something wrong with that?”

His tone made even Molly back off after her initial declaration. “No, dear, nothing’s wrong with that. It’s just a little … unorthodox, that’s all.”

“Over the last ten years, I’ve become … unorthodox, Molly, so you all will just have to learn to live with it. Meanwhile, let’s get to the reception hall, shall we? I understand there are a lot of presents to sift through, not to mention a wedding cake and refreshments, most of them the result of your incomparable cooking.”

With that, the four Disapparated out of the Burrow, on their way to the reception hall.

* * * * *

True to his word, Harry allowed himself and Ginny the token hour at the reception, long enough to be congratulated by all and sundry, not to mention sample the refreshments made by Molly, as well as share a piece of wedding cake with Ginny and a nuptial toast of the firewhiskey punch. Non-alcoholic drinks were provided for the teetotalers and children. He shot a look at the gift table and knew there were far too many to go through, even in one day, which he had no intention of hanging around for, so he relegated the recording and acknowledgment duties to Hermione.

He and Ginny would unwrap and ooh and ahh over the presents once they got back from their honeymoon … and just where that was to be, not even Ginny knew, much less their friends or family. They put Lily with Arthur and Molly for the week, knowing how she would enjoy being around her maternal grandparents, not to mention her friends and cousins. He also told her to leave any luggage behind, for they wouldn’t be needing it. All they would need were their brooms, and even on the way Harry wouldn’t tell her where they were going, simply told her to follow his lead.

By her estimation they flew for about an hour, then he directed her to follow him down; they landed in a beautiful wooded area with various flowers and shade trees abundantly growing, seemingly unspoiled by any touch of civilisation. After a short walk, they came to a beautiful waterfall approximately twenty feet high which fell into a reflecting pool; grass grew up to five feet away from the water and a small beach occupied the rest of the space … just enough to lie on if one chose to do so.

“Well? What do you think?” he asked her with a smile, still holding her hand.

“It’s beautiful,” Ginny smiled. “But may I ask just where this place is?”

“I don’t know the name,” Harry confessed. “All I had was the coordinates in some of my parents’ belongings in my vault. I surmised that it was probably at least one of the places they themselves went on their honeymoon, so I thought it might be nice if we came here, too.”

“Lovely idea,” Ginny opined. “So what do we do now?”

“You’ve been married and you have to ask? What does one usually do on a honeymoon?” He gave her a sly smile. “I wouldn’t know; I can only guess.”

“You guessed quite well, luv,” she assured him. “How about a dip in the pool?”

* * * * *

Physical love was basically what happened during at least the majority of the honeymoon. The rest of the time, they either just held each other and talked, or ate and drank the food and drink Harry conjured up to sustain themselves. Not as good as what Molly made, but then not very much was–at least not in their memory. It was the day before they were due to return that he suggested they go back to civilisation … at least to a degree.

They were going to be talked about enough without giving the others more ammunition by showing up in the same clothes they had left in. As it was, they decided to wash them in the pond and laid them out in the sun to dry them after rinsing, using some soap Harry conjured up reminiscent of the stuff out of some of the taps in the Prefects’ bathroom at Hogwarts.

They went to Hogsmeade and did some clothes-shopping, each getting a new outfit which they changed into before leaving the store. They also decided to go to Madam Puddifoot’s to get a decent meal; conjured-up food rarely had the flavour or texture real food did. The best you could say for conjured-up food was that it kept you alive.

Shortly after leaving the tea shop, Harry suggested they return home. As enjoyable (not to mention passionate) as their time alone had been, Ginny missed her friends and family, especially Lily, and could hardly wait to see them again. It didn’t take long to get home, the pair deciding to go to the Burrow first to check in with Molly and Arthur.

They naturally asked what had gone on during the honeymoon; the newlyweds exchanged knowing smiles and simply gave the highlights, concentrating mostly on the last day, when they had stayed in Hogsmeade … only mentioning the beautiful wooded area of the beginning of the honeymoon briefly and in passing.

They stayed there until the afternoon, then checked in with Ron and Hermione and picked up Lily in the process, since she had been transferred there. As they had surmised, they were grilled on what they’d done during the honeymoon and Harry was the one who came out with the statement, “We’ll tell you what we did if you’ll tell us what you did.” As predicted, Ron went scarlet, provoking laughter from his wife, sister and closest friend. “Seriously, you don’t have to. We were just teasing you.”

It was around six that evening before the young family returned home; it didn’t take Lily long to settle in, but it was a different story with her parents, although they did their best not to show it. The honeymoon had provoked beautiful memories which would not be quickly or easily forgotten by either one of them, and it would take both time and concerted effort on both their parts to get back to a normal daily routine. Once they did, however, all that would be necessary would be to prepare as best they could for the birth of the new baby, due in the latter part of June, just after the official start of summer.


Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear