Search:

SIYE Time:2:08 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Mother's Love
By rummz

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Rating: R
Reviews: 12
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Did it have to be Harry's mother's love to save him. What if James Potter gave his life for his wife and child. What if Lily had to watch it and remember that day her son became a hero and she became a widow? Will Harry still be the hero we know him with his Mother with him instead of Her Love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3579



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my new story. A bunny that has been in my mind for awhile and i decided to write it.... everybody likes to have James live.. but what about Lily... and would it change Harry in anyway? I would like to explore that myself.... anyway i hope everybody likes it... and i have to say thank you to Carolyn for helping me with editing for this.. your top notch kid!




ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1: A Wrinkle in Time

“Lily go! I’ll hold him off but GO!” urged James to his wife. Blocking the stairway from the incoming disaster called Voldemort.

“I can’t leave you James!” shouted Lily hoping everything will be okay.

James went up to her and held her close. He looked into those emerald depths and kissed her with all his being. “Go get Harry to safety. I don’t know how much time I can buy you but please just go. Be safe, take care of Harry and remember I will always love you,” he whispered finally and Lily had no choice but to go to the nursery and get Harry out of the house.

James stood there with his wand out. ‘No matter what he will not get to them, I will keep them safe, even if I have to give everything, my love and my heart to them they will be safe’, James declared in his mind and set himself up for his final battle.

He felt the wards he placed obliterated by a powerful force and the door exploded into splinters. The Dark Lord stepped into the house lazily holding his wand at James Potter.

“Avada Kedavra,” he said. James moved fast and fired a cutting curse at Voldemort. The cutting curse clipped Voldemort’s cheek; sneering in disgust when he felt the blood trickling down his face.

“Impressive, not many can get a curse on me. For that I will let you live a little longer. “Incarcerus!” was shouted but again James moved away from the spell.

Spells continued to bounce back and forth. James used every bit of skill he acquired from his Quidditch days to keep dodging the spells that were thrown at him. Being the younger of the two he kept moving with incredible speed, while Voldemort just threw his power around like a child throwing his peas at dinner. James sent spells back periodically, but nothing seemed to get through the shield that was around the dark man.

James Potter was used to taunting his opponent when he duelled, causing them to lose control of their concentration and make a mistake. This was not the case today. He kept his concentration on the figure before him and kept all thoughts out of his mind. His luck at dodging would eventually run out. No one can keep dodging in a small space. And in five minutes, it was over.

“Do not test me boy. I will have what I want. Reducto!” came from the wand of the Dark Lord, which obliterated the floor where James was about to land on. James’ body was repelled back with the force of the explosion. His back hit a corner wall and he screamed in agony from the pain. “Incarcerous!” shouted the evil man and bound James where he sat.

“Now let’s see to that pretty little wife and your wonderful son. I believe your son needs to die, and your wife needs to be mine. Did you like my little rhyme? I am somewhat of a wordsmith don’t you think?” he musically intoned with a malicious smirk in front of James’ face. “You should have never stood up to me. Now you will see the light of life fade away from your barely year old son’s eyes.”

He levitated James and brought him up the stairs to the room where Lily and Harry would be. James could hear Harry’s cries of worry, while Lily was trying to hush their son. He was praying silently to anybody that would hear him to save his son and wife.

Lily just kept trying to apparate as fast as possible. She even tried to blow a hole in the wall so she could levitate her and her son down, but Voldemort seemed to think of everything, putting up anti explosion wards on the wall and anti-apparition jinxes. She was getting desperate and Harry knew there was tension. She just hoped that James was okay.

The door to the room blew off its hinges and in walked in the Dark Lord, his robes swirling in the non-existent wind. Lily held onto Harry for dear life. Voldemort floated James through the door and said, “Here come watch the destruction of the Potter family. I plan to keep your wife though. I have heard she is an exceptionally powerful witch, even for a Mudblood. To be truthful, since none of you will ever see another soul again, I am a half blood myself. So, a few more muggle genes in my bloodline won’t hurt. Yes she will be a fine edition to my family, won’t you pretty. First, you should hand over the boy. Stand aside woman!”

“Not Harry, not Harry… please not Harry…” begged Lily holding onto Harry for dear life.

“Stand aside you silly girl…stand aside now!” Voldemort sneered as Lily still stood against him.

He threw her out of the way and she banged her head against a wall dazing her. James kept struggling against his bindings. All he thought of was I need to get there, I need to save them, I need to save Harry NOW! His encasing was broken and he dove towards the fallen Lily where Harry was exposed in plain view.

Avada Kedavra,” said the vile monster. Bright green light matched bright green eyes shining wide. A scream happened and there laid James Arnold Potter, dead to the world. “Well that was unexpected. I was hoping he could see the little boy here die, but this is okay as well. Him knowing that even in his valiant effort, it was futile in the end. Avada Kedavra,” he said and pointed at Harry. Something happened though that no one saw coming. A red shield erupted from Harry’s forehead and blood burst from a lighting bolt shaped wound. The green light was reflected back at the hated enemy and a scream so deafening erupted from the man in black.

Lily took hold of Harry and James and prayed that she could get out of there in time. She apparated about 70 meters from the main house just in time before an explosion overtook the nursery. Lily cried hugging Harry to her body and keeping James’s head on her lap while stroking his hair. Her love, her heart was gone. She did not even notice a man come and grab her shoulder in a comforting way; all she did was cry for what she lost and how close she was to losing it all.

“Lily we have to go, please we have to go now!” urged Sirius. He shook her shoulder urgently as he saw the little cottage go up in flames and with a slight nod from Lily’s head, Sirius transformed a galleon into a portkey. In an instant they were gone, leaving behind the quaint home that held their love and memories; destroyed in an end to a war.

Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear