Search:

SIYE Time:12:14 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A New Way to Live
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 240
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS! PESKY UPDATES! Sequel to "Harry Potter and the Legend of Infinity." Please read and review ;) before reading this one! Harry and Ron are becoming Aurors, and a new threat is rising. Will Draco return a changed man? How will Harry learn the new ways to love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 66612; Chapter Total: 4270





Author's Notes:
Please Review! I live for them!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Seven
Wonderful Women

The day after the tournament, a very unhappy Reggie Craven sat in the Three Broomsticks. She grumbled under her breath, ignoring the glare Tonks shot her. After a stiff fifteen minutes, Remus joined them with Charlie Weasley.

“Craven? What are you doing here?” Charlie asked with a surprised grin.

Reggie rolled her eyes and pouted childishly. “I lost a bet.”

Tonks and Remus chuckled into their mugs and excused themselves. Reggie watched helplessly as they left and stared into the table.

“You lost a bet?” Charlie repeated confusedly.

“I bet Tonks that one of my recruits would win the tournament. She wagered on Ginny. If she had lost, Remus would’ve thanked me for years to come, but no…your baby sister has to be the one person that can bring the bloody Boy-Who-Lived to his knees. Thus, I am here at the same time and the same place as you,” she explained exhaustedly.

Charlie suddenly realized that Tonks had bet Reggie to go on a date with him and wasn’t entirely pleased. “I’m sorry Craven; I guess I have been a little obnoxious lately. If you want, I’ll buy you another drink and we’ll call the bet square.”

Reggie eyed him carefully, and smiled. “That’s sweet Charlie, but Tonks decided I had to eat dinner with you. She figured I’d try to get out of it early.”

Charlie grinned awkwardly. “Well then let’s try and make the best of it. How’s life been since we graduated?”

Reggie laughed and started talking. “Mum died a year after we graduated and since Dad was already gone, it was hard. After two years of training, I became an Auror and then three years later I got injured and decided to become a trainer instead.”

Charlie listened intently and nodded. “Sorry to hear about you Mum, she was a hell of a great lady. I remember that time Eddie and I snuck over to your house to spy on you and Tonks. Eddie couldn’t walk straight for month after that and your Mum got me with that nasty sticking charm. That was a very unfortunate conversation I had to have with my parents.”

Reggie laughed out loud. “I remember that, Mum laughed for days afterwards. Gosh, it’s been years since I thought about Eddie. Whatever happened to that guy?”

Charlie grimaced as he remembered his former best friend. “He was in a battle a few months ago. He died instantly; it was the same day Argus Filch died. Mum knew about it, but I asked her not to mention it to the guys. Ron and Harry had more than enough to deal with back then.”

Reggie nodded in understanding. “Well then, here’s to Eddie the first guy I ever had to hex and the only guy I had to hex everyday.”

They raised their glasses in a toast and smiled at each other. After a moment or two, Madam Rosmerta swept by collecting their orders and away again. In the far corner, Reggie could see Tonks and Remus watching them carefully and smiling. She scowled at them, but Tonks stuck out a neon green tongue at her. In spite of herself, Reggie smiled and returned her attention to Charlie.

“This is awkward,” she said simply.

Charlie sipped on his drink and nodded. “I was just trying to tease Craven. I didn’t think that they would pull this. I take it you never told Tonks or Roni?”

Reggie shook her head. “That we nearly dated? No I didn’t. Roni was a year younger than us, but she was smitten with you, and Tonks never would have let me live it down. You had quite a reputation back then, Mr. Weasley. Tried to tame dragons and women in equal measure? However did you not get burned?”

Charlie grinned at her cheek and pulled a face. “I wasn’t that bad, I had it bad for this one witch, but she wasn’t likely to give me the time of day. I chased her up and down Hogwarts. Eventually, she flirted back, but then I heard that one of her best friends had a crush on me. I pulled back because the girl I liked would never hurt her friend. A few weeks later I fell into bed with some girl, whose name I don’t even remember, and I was forever branded.”

Reggie laughed at him. “Mavis Chism was her name and it wasn’t a few weeks it was eleven days. Forgive me but I’m a little bitter. I liked you, Charlie, but when Tonks told you about Roni’s crush…I know I pushed you away, but eleven days after we decided not to see each other you slept with the Hogwarts broomstick. Everyone had a ride on her.”

“I never meant to hurt you, Craven. I liked you so much and just when you finally stopped hexing me for a simple compliment you, I find out you won’t give me the time of day because of Roni. I was hurt, lonely, and randy as hell!” Charlie explained, with more frustration than he intended.

Reggie just shook her head and stared at him. “Well it’s in the past. Let it stay there. I’m headed back to the Auror Facilities after the New Year, then onto Hogwarts to help Tonks. What about you? Are you enjoying the dragons at Gringott’s or have you given thought to returning to Romania?”

Charlie swallowed heavily and smiled at her change of subject. “I miss the variety of Romania’s dragons, but I love being home more. The twins have their shop and with Bill and Fred about to have a family, Ron and Harry away with you, and Ginny and Percy at Hogwarts, Mum needs someone she can call on.”

They let their conversations shift towards the holidays and their plans. After a short meal, Charlie kissed Reggie’s hand and excused himself. As he Disapparated, he couldn’t help but think that this was the second time Reggie Craven slipped through his fingers.

~*~*~*~*~

The following afternoon, Harry and Ron scowled as they were summoned to the Ministry for a meeting with the Minister. Ron was a little nervous, but knew enough of the political under workings to know that whatever Scrimgeour had up his sleeve was not good. Remus and Tonks joined them quickly and the group made their way to his office.

Ron and Harry smirked at the grandeur of the Minister’s office. It was very official looking, though they both wondered how much was actually achieved. As they sat waiting, Harry noticed a few portraits whispering back and forth. He idly wondered how information managed to stay within the government, but let the thought pass. The Minister finally made his way into the small room.

“Harry, my boy!” Scrimgeour exploded with false affection. “So glad you could make it! There are only a few people we’re waiting on and we’ll be together shortly.”

Harry and Ron shivered under his glare. The man was obviously up to something neither of them would like. In an awkward silence, Harry and Ron watched as Tonks made small talk with the Minister.

“…Oh yes, we had a wonderful holiday. Adopted our second child, papers finally went through,” Tonks gushed as a proud mother.

At last there was a loud rapping on his outer door and three more people emerged. Harry smiled as Reggie, Ginny, and unfortunately Rita Skeeter made their way into the room. Ron and Harry smiled at Reggie and Ginny and each offered their seats to the ladies. Rita was left to stand, as Remus hadn’t budged.

“Well, my friends, I have brought you all together because we have a lot to discuss. First, the bad news, though we at the Ministry of Magic recognize that you lot were pivotal in the downfall of…well you know what I mean…I must inform you that all of you are being charged with joining and actively participating in a vigilante group,” he paused to with a sickly smile.

Everyone was stone silent. Tonks bit her lip nervously and Ginny looked ready to kill the man. Harry silently took a step forward and rested his right hand on her shoulder. Rita, however, was so shocked that she actually dropped her quill. Ron was about to protest when the Minister raised his hand.

“Let me continue, though the Ministry appreciates your help, we can not let the formation of this group exist. Vigilante groups lead to the downfall of organized government. That said you will appear before the Wizengamot to explain in detail the inner workings of your group and carefully describe your past and current activities. Any opposition will result in detainment in Azkaban until the trial is complete.

“Secondly, we believe that there are still rogue Death Eaters operating throughout England. Many people have reported receiving death threats. Though we currently see no strategy or connection between the targets, we can determine that they are all coming from the same source.

“Lastly, a bit of good news, seeing as our world is safe again, there are people that need to be recognized. All of you are officially invited to the Merlin’s Ball, New Years’ Day. I know I can count on all of you to be there. With that, you are all free to enjoy the rest of your holidays. I really am happy for you Mrs. Lupin. You have such a beautiful family, I’m glad to see you were able to house the children despite your husband’s status as a werewolf.”

Everyone sneered at the Minister, though his little speech was bizarre, it clearly made its point. Conform to the Ministry or the Ministry will break you. Rita, despite her cutthroat journalistic nature, was livid. They all sat stiff and quiet until Remus started to chuckle.

The werewolf stood and moved to shake the Minister’s hand. Harry knew something wasn’t right instantly. Remus’ eyes were darker and more dangerous than he had ever seen them before. As Remus gripped the man’s thick hand, he wrenched the politician against him.

“You think you can take them away from me, Rufus?” Remus growled dangerously.

The Minister had the good sense to look properly terrified and gulped. “We don’t…”

Remus laughed darkly. “You think we didn’t see through that thinly veiled threat? You want to know how the Order got to be where it was; all you had to do was ask. We aren’t for this pathetic political maneuvering and we won’t stand for you fucking around in our lives.”

Harry and Ron inched forward to flank Remus in case they had to pull the man off the Minister.

“Really Rufus, did you think these tactics would work?” Remus continued. “If you want help with the rogue Death Eaters, look to your Aurors. Tonks, Harry, Ron, Reggie and eventually Ginny will be more than willing to hunt them down for you. And as for the Ball…if you wanted the damned Boy-Who-Lived in attendance you should have sent him an invitation like you do the rest of us. The war may be over, Minister, but I assure you that if you come near my family and attack us like you did today, you will be the last casualty,” Remus promised darkly.

Tonks gasped, never hearing her husband speak so dangerously. “Harry, Ron, take Remus into the hall. Let us girls finish up with the Minister.”

Remus’ eyes flashed as they took him by the arms and led him into the hall. Remus heavily sat in a chair and waited for the girls to come out. He dug his thumbs into the corners of his eyes, trying to parlay the impending migraine. After what felt like hours, Rita slipped out of the office.

“They definitely don’t need that to be reported,” she mumbled to herself.

After a moment, she looked up and gazed at the men in the hall. “I may have questionable ethics when it comes reporting on the tawdry love lives of the magical socialites, but I would never compromise what you lot did for us. He asked me here because he thought I would want to report the reaction that you all were invited to the ball. I suspect he wanted me here for the rest so that you wouldn’t go after him.”

Harry stared at Rita, an inkling of respect beginning. “We would appreciate it if you kept it to yourself Rita. I know you need a story…but honestly I think you should report about how he wanted to arrest anybody associated with the Order. It may not be popular knowledge, but by now everyone must realize that people outside of the Ministry were working for the downfall of Voldemort. Report that and tell the world how he threatened to take away a man’s family simply for being a werewolf.”

Rita smiled grimly, “And just what is your reaction to being invited to the Merlin’s Ball? It is a great honour after all, just to get an invite of course.”

Harry grinned at her. “We think it will be a wonderful party and look forward to spending the event with our friends and family.”

“Who will you be taking, Harry? You know my readers would love to know all about the special woman in your life? Perhaps Hermione Granger?” Rita gushed girlishly.

Harry shook his head. “As I have told you many times, Rita, Hermione and I are very good friends. In fact, I have no doubt that Ron will likely rush home and ask her to join him that night. They have been together for sometime now.”

“But Harry, what about you? Who is the girl that stole your heart? Who is your date to the Ball going to be? Surely you have an idea of whom you will ask?” Rita pushed.

Behind her, Ginny and Reggie were standing in the doorway. Reggie looked to be holding back laughter, but Ginny was staring deeply into his eyes. She shook her head, firmly telling him not to say her name.

“I’ll probably ask Molly Weasley to join me. She has been a mother-type figure to me over the years and as she may not have a date I think I would love to escort her for the evening,” Harry explained quickly, not entirely sure where his answer came from.

“Oh, how darling!” Rita exclaimed and rushed off without a goodbye to anyone else.

As the watched her stride down the hall, the ladies came out from the Minister’s office.

“Well?” Ron asked.

“The Minister feels that a trial would be overzealous and has decided to simply ask you to share what you know about Voldemort and his minions at a later date,” Reggie explained with a malicious smirk.

“He also apologizes for any slight or implication that werewolves are not excellent parents and explicitly states he has no intentions to remove any children,” Ginny said with a dark smile.

“Let’s go home,” Tonks said quietly from behind them, urging everyone down the hall.

“Dora,” Remus began, using his pet name for her, “what happened?”

Tonks sniffed and smiled into his cloak as he drew her near. “Well first, Reggie punched him square in the face and called him a mockery of a man. Then she went on to say that he should trust the system and the only reason why groups like the Order formed were because people like Fudge didn’t know how to cope with war. Then Ginny lit his hair on fire and threatened to let the flames get a little warmer if he ever tried to put Harry under that much pressure again. After that, I explained that if he threatened our family again I would find him and lock him in a room with you on the full moon.”

Remus stared down at her and began to laugh. “Moody was right when he said ‘women, gentler sex my ass.’”

Everyone began to laugh in earnest and moved to the lift to take them home. As they departed, Ron invited Reggie over for dinner though she politely declined. Remus was whispering huskily to Tonks, together they sped up, pulling away from the group as they moved toward the Apparation points. Ron decided to drop by St. Mungo’s and surprise Hermione for lunch and Ginny and Harry were left all alone.

They walked out of the Ministry hand in hand lost in their thoughts. Though it was still winter, it wasn’t as bitter as it had been. They enjoyed the brisk air; it was helping them cool off from their encounter with the Minister. Quietly they made their way to the winery where Dudley worked.

Harry’s thick cousin stood behind a mahogany bar, cleaning wine glasses. “Hi Harry, Ginny, what can I get you?” Dudley asked.

“Something to soothe are minds and comfort our tired hearts. It’s been a long day, I’m afraid,” Ginny said with a sigh.

Dudley frowned a bit but brought a large bottle of brandy to the table with a basket full of warm bread. “Well then let me cheer you up,” he offered pouring them a drink and taking their lunch orders. “The owner of this shop wants to retire within the next few years, but he fears that when he retires, the investors will back out. He named me manager last week and said that if I can prove to him I can keep the business afloat, he’ll let me buy him out in five years.”

Harry smiled at his cousin. “That’s great Dudley, I’m sure Aunt Petunia is very proud.”

Ginny nodded in agreement. “I bet Hagar was pleased too.”

Dudley’s face darkened slightly at the mention of Hagar, but tried to ignore his thoughts. Ginny however noticed it plainly.

“Is everything alright between you and Hagar?” Ginny asked softly.

Dudley nodded, but looked worried all the same. “She has been getting a lot of letters. The first was from a guy who she helped get into her apprentice program, pour guy has a bad arm. Hagar says he’s brilliant though with the medicines and will be an excellent nurse. Then a couple of weeks ago, she got a letter from someone called the ‘Devoted Mother.’ The letter said that ‘they’ knew she was helping ‘him’ and that if it continued she would regret it. I’m worried. We were going to ask you all about it, but with the holidays…” he trailed off.

Ginny listened raptly and Harry became instantly pensive. Hagar was being threatened? Did this have anything to do with the death threats Scrimgeour had mentioned? How could a Muggle nursing student be involved? Harry let his thoughts fade when Ginny spoke.

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, Dudley, but to be on the safe side, we’ll keep an eye out for anything unusual,” Ginny said reassuringly.

After a light lunch, Harry and Ginny finally made their way back to Grimmauld Place. Fleur and Roni were moaning about how miserable they were much to the amusement of Molly. Bill and Fred ran laps around their wives trying to make them comfortable, but failing miserably.

Everyone else sat in the middle of the living room playing with the children. Nadia and Thadeus laughed madly as their toys entertained them. Maggie watched them run about and giggled every time Thadeus would return to her and tickle her cheeks. Mallory and Amina giggled and smiled as many people cooed at them, placing soft kisses on their podgy faces.

And so the next few days passed, marked by snowball fights, fantastic food, and loved ones all around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was late. The hands on the old grandfather clock were nearing midnight, and everyone was positively silly. Thadeus and Nadia rolled on the ground shrieking in delight as Fred and George tickled them mercilessly. Harry and Ginny sat on the couch stealing kisses and chatting with Ron and Hermione.

Percy and Penny conversed with Charlie and Susan as Viktor and Natasha danced to a tune that only they could hear. They swayed slowly; hands clutched tightly on his chest. Every once in a while he would pull her hand to his lips and place a tender kiss on her knuckles. Once or twice the ardent observer would see him run a protective hand over her side and stomach, but as everyone was quite distracted no one noticed.

In a far corner, Hannah had finally managed to lock Chi into a conversation. Granted, it was entirely about Mallory, but she didn’t care. Ever since they met, Hannah couldn’t avoid the overwhelming attraction she felt to the blond man. Morgana was pleased to see her brother flirting with Hannah, who was graciously reciprocating everything the attention. She bounced her sleeping niece in her arms when she felt someone bump into her.

Seamus mumbled an apology, before moving again towards the sound of his mother’s laughter. Mrs. Finnegan giggled playfully while deep in conversation with Greg Granger.

“I’m sorry,” Seamus stuttered before trying to move away.

Morgana noticed that his cane was caught in her cloak and stopped him. “Hold on Seamus, you’re caught.”

Once she pulled the walking stick loose, she let it rest again in his hands. “Thanks,” he murmured shyly.

“Aren’t you having a good time?” Morgana asked quietly, so as not to disturb Mallory.

“Nah,” Seamus shook his head. “Me Dad and I had a New Year’s tradition, but he died a last year. Natural causes, but all the same…Forgive me, I met quite a few new people this week. You’re Morgana right?”

Morgana smiled slightly, “I am. It’s nice to meet you. Would you like some help? It’s getting quite crowded in here.”

“Thanks,” Seamus smiled; privately wishing he could see the kind girl’s face. He ran his hand down her shoulder and clutched her elbow. He was puzzled when he felt a tiny foot.

“Either my memory of the female anatomy is off or you are holding a very small someone,” he said cheekily.

Morgana laughed and held his hand over Mallory’s sleeping form. “Mallory is my niece. Her father, my brother Chi, is flirting with Hannah. I might add that she has been after him for weeks and this is the first time he has noticed, but then what kind of sister would I be?”

Seamus blindly and gently caressed Mallory’s soft skin and warm cotton blanket. “She’s radiant.”

Morgana smiled at the compliment. “Thank you. Do you have any kids?”

Seamus laughed at her blunt nature. “Not that I’m aware of!”

“I should put her down before the clock strikes, she’ll wake for certain and then it will be no sleep for Auntie Morgie!” Morgana said with a giggle.

“Need a blind hand?” Seamus asked with a roguish smile. “I was trying to find me Mum so she could get me out of all this noise for a bit, but you’ll do.”

Quietly, they made their way to the steps. More than one pair of eyes noticed the brief exchange between them, and a few smiles emerged as they disappeared up the steps.

In Chi’s room, Morgana easily laid Mallory in her crib and hushed her as she fussed for a moment. Seamus listened to the private exchange and smiled.

“You’re great with her. Pardon my asking, but where’s her Mum?” Seamus whispered, careful not to wake the babe.

“She ran off about two months after Mallory was born. Now Mallory is about eight-months old. She’s going to wake up in about a minute, only to make sure that someone is still here. Then we can go back down if you like,” Morgana explained.

“I just needed to get away from the noise. They say that when you lose one of your senses, like eyesight, another one will compensate. I can hear very well, and that ruckus made me feel like I was drowning a bit. So, you’re an Auror with Harry and Ron, right?” Seamus inquired.

Morgana smiled at his kind nature. “I am, though I focus on potions and negotiations. I love the work, because it’s so challenging, but I want to have plenty of time for family. I can’t wait for training to be over. Our grandmother watches after her, but swears she can’t for much longer. We want to get a nice flat in London after training.”

He nodded quietly in understanding. “That will be nice for you lot. I live in a great flat a few doors down from Harry’s aunt, on Bayberry Street. Mum likes it because it’s so roomy and I don’t constantly slam into things. I like it because the price isn’t bad and I can Apparate to work. In fact, I heard my neighbours tell the owner that they are moving to a house in Kent in three months. I could get you the name of the owner. The flat should have three bedrooms, a large kitchen, and a nice living space.”

“That sounds amazing…” Morgana answered excitedly but hushed herself when Mallory began to whine.

They both stood up instantly and moved toward her wails. Seamus ran a finger down the baby’s belly and smiled when the girl fisted her hand around his finger. Morgana giggled and hummed to her niece, smiling broadly when the baby had the audacity to suck on Seamus’ finger in wont of a pacifier.

She quieted quickly and they moved from the bedroom silently to let the baby sleep. Seamus held onto her arm tightly as they descended the stairs and Morgana tried to ignore the small butterflies that buzzed in her stomach.

Once down in the main rooms, Morgana had to laugh at the sight. She described how a very drunk George and a very drunk Charlie wore large pots on their heads. All the men chanted as they circled each other, finally running at one another. Their heads collided and a resounding gong made everyone cheer and laugh.

In the chaos, Seamus slipped his arm from Morgana’s elbow and loosely held her hand. Morgana blushed slightly and was glad he couldn’t see her colour. He let her lead him around the room. They stopped briefly to chat with Hannah and Chi who were deep in conversation about Muggle literature.

“She’s sound asleep,” Morgana said, knowing her brother’s question.

Chi looked between his sister and Seamus and smirked. “Seamus, right?”

Seamus smiled and reluctantly took his hand from Morgana’s to shake her brother’s. Hannah smiled a bit when Morgana’s face fell. When Hannah smirked, Morgana decided to retaliate.

“Brother dear, why don’t you take Hannah to the ball? You don’t want to be seen with your boring sister on your arm. I’ll stay and take care of Mallory,” Morgana offered, with a disgustingly sweet voice.

“Oh, I couldn’t impose like that,” Hannah mumbled, glaring at her friend.

“Nonsense!” Morgana exclaimed. “Chi will be glad to take you.”

Malachi stared between his sister and Hannah, mirth hiding in his eyes. “She won’t let me say no, Hannah. Come on, we’ll have a grand time.”

Hannah now looked shocked but agreed. “Oh, all right, but you’re sure Morgana? I know you were looking forward to this. Besides Mr. Granger agreed to stay home with the kids tomorrow night.”

Morgana laughed. “Mr. Granger is a wonderful man, but Hermione’s father and five children all to himself, surely he’ll need help.”

A thick laugh from behind them pulled their attention. “He’ll have it, dear. Mairead Finnegan, pleasure to meet you.”

Mrs. Finnegan and Mr. Granger joined the group. “Greg told me how he volunteered to look after the wee ones and I offered to help. Sorry son, but it looks like you’ll need a new date for tomorrow.”

Her eyes twinkled merrily as she saw her son smirk. “Well Miss Morgana, it seems we are both in need of a partner tomorrow night,” sensing that his mother and Mr. Granger pulled away from his side.

Morgana shook her head, a little embarrassed. “Oh all right, I’ll go with you. I need a drink; do you want anything, Seamus?” When he shook his head she pulled Hannah away from Chi. “We’ll be right back!” they hollered.

Seamus and Chi laughed. “What was that about?” Seamus wondered.

“Morgana wants to pretend she’s mad and Hannah for setting her up with you and Hannah wants to know all the gossip about what happened between the two of you and if she’s getting anywhere with me,” Malachi answered simply.

“How did you know that?” Seamus asked impressed.

“Morgana and I are twins. It’s hard for me to not know what she’s thinking. As for Hannah, Morgana and I can usually tell what a person is thinking or feels by the expression on their faces,” he explained casually.

“Telepathic Insight? That’s quite unique,” Seamus said.

Now Malachi was impressed. “It’s second nature to us. How did you know about it?”

“I work in the Department of Mysteries. I had to learn about loads of unique gifts and talents wizards and witches can have for my specific job. My branch is one of the few that is opening up to public knowledge. I can’t give you the specifics, but basically I have to be on the look out for all things unique,” Seamus responded carefully.

Malachi nodded in understanding, and then felt foolish for nodding to a blind man. Shortly, the girls returned and they fell into an easy conversation about their jobs.

Roni, Tonks, and Reggie watched the young group and smiled at the two couples. Tonks leaned over and patted Roni on her bump.

“How’s old Fred holding up?” Tonks asked affectionately.

“Doting and driving me mad!” Roni exclaimed. “I don’t know what ridiculous baby toy he and George will come up with next. First, they brought home a Muggle baby monitor that they charmed to sound like a different barnyard animal every time the baby cries. Then they got a stuffed dragon that says, ‘Here kitty kitty,” when you pull on its tail. Last week, he got a bunch of bottles that turn the milk to rum so that the baby will sleep and yesterday, I saw that charmed the baby blanket my sister made. If I wrap the baby in it, the baby disappears…like one of their Headless Hats. I swear that man is so frustrating!”

Fred heard his wife’s rant and ran to her placing a sloppy kiss on her cheek. “You love me!” he said before running after Thadeus again.

Reggie and Tonks laughed hysterically. “Well you always wanted to be a Weasley!” Tonks exclaimed.

Reggie stiffened slightly but neither of them took notice. Charlie was deep in conversation with Remus about Hagrid’s birthday present. For a moment, he looked up at her and smiled. Reggie grinned back, but still felt a little sad that they never really made a go of it.

“Oh come off it Reggie!” Roni hissed watching the exchange. “You and Charlie have been dancing around each other for years. I know when we were all at Hogwarts you didn’t go after him because of that barmy crush I had, but things have changed now. I’m married and pregnant to his brother of all people. Why not go for it?”

Reggie just shrugged and patted Roni on the tummy. Across the room, Percy and Penny were cuddling in a chair. Percy had blushed slightly when Penelope slid into his lap in front of his family, but when no one took any notice; he shrugged off his embarrassment.

“Penny, love,” Percy whispered into her ear, “You know I really am sorry for everything.”

Penny nodded and smiled sweetly as he kissed her cheek.

“Do you think we can start over?” he asked barely above a whisper.

She inwardly noted how he held his breath waiting for a response. “I suppose I could ask McGonagall to expand your quarters at Hogwarts…” was the non-committal reply.

“You’ll come back to me? Please?” Percy begged quietly.

Penny looked around before kissing him soundly. “Only if you tell your family, right here and right now.”

“Buggar,” he swore, knowing his mother’s reaction. “Fine, have you got my ring?”

She nodded with a bright smile and brought out a gold ring from a chain on her neck along with more feminine rings for herself. He slipped the gold band on the fourth finger of his left hand then did the same with her rings for her.

Silencio!” Percy exclaimed, smirking when the whole room quieted instantly.

Everyone stared at the couple, waiting for an explanation. Molly noticed the rings on their hands and started hopping up and down uncontrollably.

“Everyone, while I was being an imbecile and wasn’t speaking to the family, I asked Penny to marry me. Two summers ago, we got married in a small wedding in Ireland. A few months into the estrangement between the family any myself, Penny found out about the whole thing and ordered me out of the house. Though we have been working on it since August, we have only just decided to get back together. That said, may I introduce everyone to Mrs. Percy Weasley,” he finished with flourish, enjoying the pink in his wife’s cheeks.

Penny whipped her wand around the room taking the silencing spell off everyone. There was another moment of silence before Molly could no longer contain her joy and rushed to her daughter in law. She kissed Penny on the cheek and slapped Percy on the arm for reasons only known to her. Soon the rest of the room exploded with cheerful cries and celebration.

The twins were giddy planning to prank Mr. and Mrs. Percy Weasley. They may have been married but that didn’t mean they got out of the honeymoon pranks. It was tradition after all.

“Everyone, it’s almost time!” Bill exclaimed as he helped Fleur to her feet.

Neville moved to hold Luna close, “Ten!”

Charlie began to chase Hermione, “Nine!”

Morgana pushed Malachi into Hannah, “Eight!”

George began to snog Verity with force, “Seven!”

Roni elbowed Reggie who was watching Charlie, “Six!”

Seamus let his hand wander down Morgan’s arm so he could hold her hand again, “Five!”

“Hagar, will you marry me?” “Four!”

Petunia shrieked with joy as Hagar leapt into her son’s arms, “Three!”

Reggie stunned Charlie, “Two!”

Charlie fell to the ground with a soft ‘thump’ and his eyes showed his surprise when Reggie kissed him passionately, “One!”

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” Everyone exclaimed and kissed their partners.

Morgana blushed fiercely when Seamus leaned in to give her a light kiss on the side of her mouth. Thadeus kissed Maggie, much to the amusement of everyone. George and Verity disappeared sometime around, ‘five.’ Roni and Fleur giggled as their husbands kissed them softly and Hannah smiled as Chi gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. Ron savoured the kiss he shared with Hermione. Harry was so lost in Ginny’s embrace that he wasn’t sure how he could be so blessed, and so it continued through out the group that no one noticed Susan Bones quite alone without a kiss at midnight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“FREDERICK WEASLEY, SO HELP ME, IF YOU DO THAT ONE MORE TIME I’LL CAST THE WIFE’S REVENGE!” Roni bellowed from an upstairs room.

Charlie and Percy chuckled as Fred ran down the steps and tried to walk into the room with his dignity intact.

“You’d think she would like being waited on hand and foot?” he mumbled, causing Bill and Ron to laugh from their corner.

“What is the wife’s revenge?” Greg asked Ron.

“Allow me,” Bill supplied noticing his brother’s ears pink. “Years ago a witch gave birth to triplets. She became rather upset that her husband put her through it and mid-childbirth, screamed out ‘share my pain’ in Italian. Somehow, the cast worked and now it is the threat of every pregnant woman to cast half the pain of childbirth to the father. Witches often go through more pain than Muggle women in childbirth, though we aren’t exactly sure why. Fleur is a part Veela, part magical creature, because of that, the Healers expect her pain could be even worse and they have already told me that they may cast the spell so that she can consciously make it through the birth.”

Fred whistled low. “Sorry to hear that big brother. It will help take the edge off though, when Roni was being rational…about six months ago, we decided we’d do it to if it were necessary.”

Ron shook his head and ducked under the table. Roni stood on the stairs watching Fred with malice in her eyes. “You think the last time I was rational was six months ago? TOEINTEETH!” she exclaimed.

Fred’s left foot flew to his face. His mouth opened wide and there he stood, with his foot in his mouth. Molly came down behind and put a soft arm around Roni.

“Ah, the ‘Shut You Up Hex,’ Arthur knew it well. Don’t worry boys; his foot will remove itself in about an hour. Come along dear we need to finish getting ready,” Molly guided her daughter-in-law back up the stairs, without bothering to help her son.

Greg Granger watched as Fred hopped to the couch and sat down, a scowl playing in his eyes. After a moment, he barked out laughing and pointing at Fred. Remus joined him and knew that if Tonks could get pregnant naturally, he would have suffered a similar fate.

They were all lost in their chuckles when they heard a shriek and glass shatter in the kitchen. Harry and Ron dashed forward, knowing the kids had been having a snack with Fleur. Nadia came running out with tears in her eyes.

“It’s Fleur!” she choked before pushing past them to get to Hermione.

The ladies heard the scream as well and hurried into the kitchen behind the men. Fleur was on the floor pale and crying, clutching her stomach. Thadeus sat next to her worried and upset.

“It’ll be okay,” he whispered to her as Remus pulled his son away from the witch.

Bill carefully lifted her into his arms and smiled when he saw Hermione and Roni directly behind him, ready to diagnose. While they ran a few tests, Harry and Ron cleaned up the glass shards from the pitcher Fleur had been holding and repaired it.

“Well Bill, we need to get her to St. Mungo’s. I’ll take them in, Roni,” Hermione offered.

With a quick kiss to Ron’s cheek, Hermione pulled out a Muggle thermometer and said, “portus medicalus

For a moment, everyone stood watching the space where the three had just been.

“Well,” Molly supplied. “We best finish getting ready for this Ball!”

The ladies returned to the upstairs and the men returned to the drawing room. While they waited for Hermione to return, Harry let his thoughts wander to the previous day. Since he was taking Molly, Ginny had agreed to go with Charlie. Unfortunately, when Reggie finally gave in to Charlie last night, Ginny became in wont of a partner. Thankfully though, Remus suggested that she take Thadeus.

The little boy was thrilled to be Ginny’s date. “Now Harry will be jealous of me!” he exclaimed making a face at his godfather. “I’ll have the second most pretty date!” Thadeus explained.

“You mean ‘prettiest,’ Thadeus. Who will be the prettiest, if it’s not Ginny?” Remus asked his son.

“Mum!” Thadeus said simplistically, wondering why is father hadn’t known the answer.

Remus rolled his eyes at his charming son and worried for his future girlfriends. While he was lost in his reverie, Hermione appeared before them, pocketing her Portkey.

“Fleur is doing well. Bill is already pacing, and Susan promises to find us after the birth to let us know how they did,” she offered, hugging Ron.

The group mumbled words of thanks and smiled at her.

“Well gentlemen, I have hair to curl and a face to be made!” she sighed dramatically, “Excuse me.”

The men laughed as she walked out of the room and bounded up the steps.

“I say we make a wager!” Charlie announced. “The man that can make his date blush the most gets a galleon from all the rest.”

“But only as they come down the stairs to be taken to the Ball, only one compliment, one chance!” George added.

“Since he’s not attending, Greg here can be our judge!” Remus called, the men tossed in their galleons and waited for the girls to finish primping.

Hours later, Reggie was the first to come down the stairs. Her hair was pulled into a loose bun and she wore a strapless golden gown. She didn’t say anything as she descended the stairs, but smiled to Charlie.

They all waited to hear what he had to say, but Charlie had forgotten how to speak. Reggie smiled happily again and took his arm.

Roni came next with Tonks by her side. Remus stepped out to Tonks and smirked when Fred inched warily towards his wife.

“You were never more lovely, Dora,” Remus whispered and grinned when she turned a lovely hue.

Fred on the other hand was smitten with his wife. Roni wore deep chocolate brown robes and radiated. “I am so lucky,” he whispered so she could hear.

For the first time in weeks, Fred redeemed himself and Roni kissed him lightly. She blushed only slightly but it didn’t matter to him anymore.

Natasha came next. Her gown was strapless, like Reggie’s but a soft indigo. It made her violet eyes shine. Viktor said something in Bulgarian and whatever it was made her lay a soft hand over her stomach and laugh. A tear slipped from one of her eyes and he kissed it away as he embraced her.

Verity followed her, her blonde hair swept into playful curls about her head. George simply dashed to her, threw her into a dip, kissing her with relish. When he righted her, she was very nearly red, but laughingly slapped him away.

Morgana and Hannah followed both blushing only slightly as Seamus and Malachi collected them. They wrapped a possessive arm around each lady and complimented them respectively.

Ginny came next and smiled as her brothers whistled and catcalled. Thadeus waited for her with a tulip in his hand. She tucked the petite flower into her hair and took his hand. Harry’s breath was lost upon her. Ginny wore a simple white gown that shimmered in the light. Her vibrant hair pulled behind her and he was mesmerized.

Molly was next and she shushed her sons as they catcalled for her too. Her gown was white too, but it had a thick jacket with a high stiff collar. Harry threaded her arm through the crook of his elbow and grinned.

“Thadeus was wrong, I have the loveliest date,” Harry announced, to many protests, but he didn’t care.

Molly positively beamed at him and blushed redder that the trademark Weasley hair. Everyone watched her face as she turned crimson. At length they all waited on Hermione who was running behind for having to take Fleur to the hospital.

She gracefully glided down the staircase in a soft blue gown. It wasn’t extravagant or fancy, it was simple and elegant. Ron smirked as she swept down the steps and stuffed his hands in his pockets. As she reached the bottom, he walked up to her.

Without removing his hands, he leaned into her and whispered something so only she could hear. Her eyes fluttered closed for a moment and he kissed the nape of her neck tenderly before circling behind her and draping a strong arm about her shoulders. With very little effort, Hermione turned several shades of red, bypassing Molly with ease.

“What did you say, little brother!” Charlie exclaimed.

“We have a winner,” Remus and Greg announced together as they handed Ron the sack of galleons.

“What was the bet?” Ginny inquired.

After a quick explanation, they all waited to hear what Ron had said that made Hermione fluster so.

“Fine!” Hermione huffed, “He said it wasn’t fair to outshine every other woman attending, if you must know.”

Hermione blushed again prettily as everyone teased them. Before long, everyone was underway and they were off to the Merlin’s Ball.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scrimgeour was sour at best when he saw their party arrive. Ginny winked at him and smirked at his scowl. Dancing erupted in every direction and they were having a wonderful time. After a quick waltz with Molly, Harry stole Ginny away from Thadeus and they held each other close. The ballroom was magnificent and huge. It was romantically lit and Harry knew that this would be a wonderful evening despite the Minister’s influence.

After dinner was served, the awards were announced. Mr. Lovegood took to the stage and cleared his throat.

“This year, we have much to celebrate. Our world is free from the menace that was Voldemort and now we have a bright future to look forward to. They that are awarded with Order of Merlin, Third Class are as follows: Madame Poppy Pomfrey, which is accepted by her grandson Mason, Argus Filch, which is accepted by Minerva McGonagall, Alastor ‘Mad-Eye’ Moody, which is accepted by Regina Craven,” all eyes were on Reggie as she accepted her mentor’s final honour. “And lastly,” Mr. Lovegood continued, “Mr. Arthur Weasley, which is accepted by his son Percival.”

Percy’s face emulated his sorrow as he fingered the heavy medal. He hoped that his father was proud of him now. Once Percy found his seat, Tonks took her place at the podium.

“We have all been affected by this war. Some of us have lost parents, siblings, best friends and even children. Unfortunately, tonight we honour too many that have fallen already. The Order of Merlin, Second Class is as follows: Susan Bones, who is currently delivering a baby and I will accept it on her behalf. Bill and Fleur Weasley, who are currently having the baby Susan is delivering, so will one of the Weasleys collect these?” The hall chuckled as Fred and George ran forward and grinned at Tonks.

“If I may continue, Verity Matthews, Molly Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Seamus Finnegan, Hannah Abbot, Kingsley Shacklebolt, which is accepted by his nephew Tatum, and Dean Thomas, which is accepted on his behalf by Seamus Finnegan.”

The crowd politely clapped as everyone moved to their seats and the Weasleys gasped when Molly moved toward the stage, as the last speaker.

“When my daughter was six years old, a young man from our village came over to our home to see if she could come out and play. This boy was not more than seven years old himself. When her brothers found out, they tried to lock her in her room. They swore that no boy would ever come near her. She was so upset; they didn’t understand that everyone has to grow up. I told her about the time their father and I woke up stuck to our bed. Now our sons never knew that I had given Ginny her first bit of blackmail, but they learned that valuable lesson. All children grow up, and tonight we have to recognize those children among us that had to grow up too fast. The Order of Merlin, First Class is awarded tonight to: Neville Longbottom, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, and lastly Severus Snape, which is accepted on his behalf by Remus Lupin.”

Roars and cheers erupted throughout the hall as Harry took the stage. He smiled at his best friends and Ginny as they stood by him on that stage like they had so many times before. Harry placed a soft kiss on Molly’s cheek as she adorned the medal around his neck.

Out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw Rita scribbling furiously into her notepad and smirked. After a few photos were taken, the dancing began again.

Thadeus was already fast asleep on Remus’ shoulder as he spun slowly with Tonks in his other arm. Molly danced with Harry and giggled when Harry spun her out and dipped her. Across the way, Fred danced wildly with Ginny while Roni rested at a nearby table.

Lost in her thoughts, Molly didn’t notice someone sneak up behind her. Harry smiled and dipped her again, he held her there for a moment and Susan dangled a picture just a few inches above her face.

“Oh my!” Molly exclaimed as she snatched the pictures out of Susan’s hands.

She flipped through them quickly. Bill and Fleur were gazing at each other lovingly while the baby silently wailed between them. He would be handsome for certain, though she could see that the baby had Fleur’s eyes, it was plain that the boy was Bill’s son.

“They named him Maxim Henri Weasley and he is very anxious to meet his grandmother,” Susan said with a tired smile.

Molly thanked her and abandoned Harry to show her family. Harry pulled Susan into his arms and twirled her slowly earning a giggle.

“Thanks for the offer, Harry, but I’m tired. Tell them I said ‘congratulations’ and I’ll see you tomorrow,” Susan kissed his cheek and moved out of the hall.

Presently, Harry was left in the middle of the dance floor, alone. As if they smelled blood, the sharks attacked. Women of all shapes and sizes were upon him asking for a dance, his favourite colour and if he would autograph various body parts. Harry felt as if he was drowning.

Quite suddenly he felt a hand force its way in his right and he felt a familiar ‘click’ as a ring met his. Ginny pulled him into her and kissed him feverishly. Vaguely, Harry heard Fred and George howling at them and knew that a photo had been snapped, but he hardly cared.

Ginny managed to clearly state that Harry was a taken man and the harlots marched off in a collective huff. Somehow, Ginny managed to guide him away from the crowd and onto the bewitched balcony. Though it was early January, the enchanted scene kept the stargazers and lovers warm. It was also blissfully dark for their privacy.

Harry fell into Ginny’s kisses with delight. He ran his lips gently over her warm mouth and moaned when her tongue invaded his. She was pulled tightly to him and Harry felt every curve over her glorious body. Ginny was also perfectly aware of the effect she was having on him and smiled as she moved to caress his neck with her lips and teeth.

“Take me home, Harry,” Ginny ordered huskily.

“Yes dear,” Harry snickered and he pulled her from the hall.

Much to their chagrin, many of the Weasley party had arrived home early that night and they had a hard time finding a private corner in Grimmauld Place. Finally, they gave up and fell asleep in each others’ arms by the fire in the drawing room.

Harry’s dreams were never so sweet, or so erotic, as they were when he held her in his arms that night. Just as sleep claimed him, he couldn’t help but think that the next few months needed to fly by so he could be with her again.
Reviews 240
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear