Search:

SIYE Time:20:58 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A New Way to Live
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 240
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS! PESKY UPDATES! Sequel to "Harry Potter and the Legend of Infinity." Please read and review ;) before reading this one! Harry and Ron are becoming Aurors, and a new threat is rising. Will Draco return a changed man? How will Harry learn the new ways to love?
Hitcount: Story Total: 66766; Chapter Total: 3724





Author's Notes:
I'm still alive and hope to get another chap posted by the end of the month. As always please review




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 14~Over the Course of a Few Months

My dear Miss Granger,

I hear I am to congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials to a blood-traitor. Your vile blood can hardly sully the Weasley line any more than it has already done to itself. What is more, you have claimed custody over a child you are hardly qualified to raise. She may be your cousin, but I will have her as my own. Take precious care of my next daughter.

She is a powerful little half-blood, and once I have her, I shall raise her as though her blood were not tainted by your foul lineage. If you make it easy on me, I shall spare your life. This is the only opportunity you will get, my dear. Cooperate, or die. The choice is yours. Either way, I shall take the girl.

The Devoted Mother


Hermione’s hands shook as she read through the short letter again and again. They were coming after Maggie; her blood ran cold at the very thought. How could she protect her daughter against such a threat? Should they go into hiding? How would Ron react?

Feeling her stomach turn, Hermione flew into the bathroom and retched.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ron entered the flat and dropped heavily onto the couch. Hermione would still be a few hours at the hospital and he was exhausted. He and Harry had searched all through Malfoy Manor, Ministry records, and any information they could get their hands on in an attempt to get more information about Narcissa.

He tiredly poured himself a small glass of Greg’s scotch and saw a letter and a large cigar waiting for him by the glass.

Hermione and Ron
Natasha had the baby last week. We are with her family in Moscow. Nadia is excited about her sister but has already complained that she did not get a brother. Natasha named her Tatiana Raisa Krum, Tatiana after my sister, Raisa after her aunt. We shall see you at Christmas. Enjoy the cigar, Ron; don’t let Hermione hide it from you.

Viktor, Natasha, Nadia, and Tatiana Krum.


He smiled sleepily at the parchment and smelled the expensive cigar. He laughed as he thought about what Hermione would say if she saw him smoking it. He shook his head and pocketed it in his robes, before reclining on the soft sofa.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Sweetie, I’m sorry,” Roni soothed as Susan shook her head.

“Oh, it’s alright, probably for the best. I mean, we rushed into the marriage, and now, he’s trying to find a way to get custody of his sister. We don’t need another baby on the way,” Susan sounded as though she was trying to convince herself.

“I know, dear, but still it hurts. If you hadn’t been given that fertility potion, the pregnancy may have taken. As it us, that potion works best for women who need help in getting pregnant. You don’t appear to have any problems in that area. I’m sure when the time is right, you’ll have your own kids. I’m going to put you on a contraceptive potion for three months to regulate your hormone levels, after that come back for a check up, okay?” Roni said in her Healer’s voice.

Susan nodded and stood up from the examination table. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to go home early. Draco started his classes at St. Mungo’s today.”

Roni smiled and squeezed her hand in reply. Susan grabbed her cloak and jumped into the Floo. Fred was organizing several bright orange boxes in the display window. He waved to her.

“How is my wife today?” he yelled, letting the boxes topple to the ground.

“She sends Verity her sympathy,” was her common response.

Verity chuckled nearby while George made faces behind his wife’s back. Susan shook her head at the twins’ antics and hurried up the steps to the small flat. In her tiny kitchen, she made a large pot of tea and listened to the wireless. Draco would be home around four, and it was already half past three. She thought about taking a bath, maybe reading a new book, or even making a large dinner, but she just couldn’t motivate herself to start.

She sighed and grabbed one of the old Healing texts she got from Ron and Harry a few Christmases ago. She had been researching the protective spell. Draco wanted her to know how to cast it so that when he finally got Lucia, they could protect her. The heavy text lay forgotten in her lap as she let herself shed a few tears. Her mind solely on the baby she nearly had. The pregnancy never fully took and she nearly fainted when she felt her body discharge. Roni had been incredibly comforting, but she felt horrid all the same.

Susan cried for a long time, her hand pressed tightly to her eyes. She heard the door open and shut and felt Draco move beside her. She fought forcefully to stem her tears, but only succeeded in sobbing further.

“Not five minutes after you left, Roni pulled me out of classes,” he whispered to her, his own voice croaking in torn emotion.

She tilted her face to see his eyes, awestruck by the glistening tears that matched her own. “She shouldn’t have pulled you from classes! What will your professors think?” she hiccoughed into his chest, calming slightly as his arms came around her.

“Granger is the lab assistant in that particular class, after Roni explained what happened, I asked Hermione to get my course work in the rest of my subjects. Hagar is back from holiday and we share a lot of the same studies. I told both of them so I could be here with you,” he explained while rubbing soft circles into her back.

“I didn’t realize I wanted this so much,” she confessed.

He smiled down at her and kissed her lightly. “I know. I didn’t either, but it will happen. For now, we’ll focus on you and me. We’ll be the happiest couple we can be and work through everything together. We’ll work to find my sister and raise her as our own and when we’re ready for our own baby, you will be the most marvelous mother in the world,” Draco stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“When you’re ready, Roni and Hermione are coming over here tonight. Roni said she wanted to check up on you and Hermione told me she may have information about Lucia,” he said, hoping the women would help ease her pain.

“I’m okay, Draco. I just needed you. I know women lose pregnancies like this and don’t even realize it. I just was expecting to be pregnant because of that damn potion. I suppose that it is for the best. Roni said we shouldn’t have any trouble getting pregnant though, whenever we are ready,” she answered, pulling back and wiping her face.

“Let’s see if George and Verity want to go out to dinner. When we get back, I’ll Floo Granger, okay?” he asked, dipping his head to kiss her.

Susan nodded, feeling slightly better. They washed their faces and stepped out of their flat to face the day. It would be hard at first, Susan imagined, but with time it would get easier.

Later that night, Roni busied herself as she waited for Draco to call. It had been hard for her to tell her young friend that she had miscarried, but more than anyone knew. She paced in the kitchen while Mason played on the floor, banging lightly on a few pots and pans. She smiled at her son as he hammered out a disjointed beat on the overturned cookware with a wooden spoon. He had his father’s smile.

“Hello wife,” Fred called quietly, leaning on the doorframe.

Roni turned and smiled to him. “Hello husband.”

Fred gathered her into his grasp and kissed her with relish. Mason squealed happily from the floor.

Fred chuckled into Roni’s neck. “Hello, my son.”

With a large swing, he lifted the nine-month-old baby onto his hip and blew onto his cheeks. Mason shrieked playfully when his mother tickled him and his father bounced him. He truly was a happy baby.

“Best not get you too riled up, little man,” Fred whispered conspiratorially to his son. “I have plans for your mother, and we can’t have you awake in the dead of night.”

Mason giggled, almost understandingly, and placed a wet, open-mouth kiss on his daddy’s cheek.

“Sweetie,” Roni whispered timidly. “I need to talk to you.”

“Oh, dear,” Fred looked genuinely concerned. “Nothing good has ever come from those six words.”

Together they moved out of the kitchen and put Mason on the carpet. They watched him crawl about playing with his toys. Roni watched him with an odd smile on her face, while Fred anxiously waited for her to speak first.

“Well…” he prompted, wiping his hands on his trousers.

“It’s not bad,” she began automatically. “I was really excited about it when I found out, but now I think it would be best if we wait to tell everyone.”

“Veronica, you aren’t making sense,” Fred whined.

“I’m sorry, love,” she placated. “Listen, it’s rather illegal for me to tell you this, so you must give me an oath that you won’t speak of it again.”

Fred waved his wand and the magic took hold.

“Susan had a miscarriage. About an hour before she came to me, I tested myself. I’m about six weeks pregnant. I suspected before this, but I wanted to wait until I was sure. I want to wait to tell people. Susan needs a lot of help right now and I think this might overwhelm her,” she explained quickly, her eyes never leaving Mason.

Fred released a heavy breath and wrapped her into a tight hug. He wanted you whoop with joy, dance a jig, cry for Susan, and make wild love to his wife all at once.

“Was it Hermione’s prank?” he asked kissing her temple.

“I can’t be sure, but it is a safe bet.”

“Then she’ll be the godmother! I swear I won’t tell a soul so long as I can name it!” Fred joked, truly excited.

“Are you mad!” Roni exclaimed. “I’ll be the laughing stock of the family if you name our child.”

“I named Mason, didn’t I?” he retorted, tweaking her nose.

“You may have, but I suggested we name him after our fathers. Why didn’t you name him Arthur anyhow?” she asked.

“Actually, there is a funny story behind that. When Mum was pregnant with Ginny, we all wanted to name the baby. Of course, we thought it would be a boy. Anyhow, Mum had given us all the initials of someone in her family. For example, George and I have the same initials as our uncles Gideon and Fabian. Well, the only member of the family without a namesake was Grandpa Mordecai Graham Weasley. We all joked about names beginning with the letter ‘M’ for names. Then, Ginny arrived. Instead of Matthew Graham, she became Ginerva Molly. My brothers and I are trying to see how many ‘M’ names we can get into the family before Mum catches on,” he explained.

Roni laughed openly and smiled. “Well, what are you thinking you will name this child?”

He smirked at her arched eyebrow. “If it is a boy, Midas John Weasley. If it a girl, I’ll name her Marley Mae Weasley.”

Roni looked shocked. “Those are lovely names.”

“Then it’s settled. Be it Marley ore Midas, I’ll keep it a secret until you say so, okay, love?” Fred asked, tenderly kissing her lips.

“I love you,” she sighed happily as he pulled away from her.

Together, they watched Mason bounce a ball and crawl after it. Roni laughed with her son, while Fred rubbed her tummy, just below her navel. She smiled as her husband quietly introduced himself to their next child.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Greg, Molly, and Mairead watched the children play in the early afternoon. It was finally Halloween and most everyone was at Hogwarts. Thadeus and Samuel were already complaining that they didn’t feel well. With the full moon only a few hours away, everyone expected them to get a little crabby. Remus and Bill promised the boys that they would be back before the transformations, but that didn’t make them any happier. Molly watched as the brothers became very quiet and moody. The only person they allowed near them was Maggie, even their beloved sister stayed away.

Amina was perfectly happy to let her brothers ignore her. It was as though she had a second sense about their nature. Instead, she opted to play with Maxim and Mason. The two toddlers chased after the girl and giggled cheerfully.

Molly laughed at little Maxim and Mason. They crawled as fast as they could but could hardly catch the quick Amina. The little girl ran behind her brothers who sat quietly by the fire. Samuel rested his head in Maggie’s lap while Thadeus held her hand. The three young friends were so sweet.

While the children played, several people met at Hogwarts. Harry sat with Hermione as they waited for Snape to waft through the wall. The grim ghost was supposed to receive some type of reprieve. All they knew was that it was time to say goodbye to the final reminder of their awful pasts. As if on cue, the sallow-faced ghost appeared directly in front of the Boy-Who-Lived.

“Potter,” Snape drawled. “What are you and your cohorts doing here?”

Harry smiled as his friends collected around the translucent figure of Severus Snape. Remus nodded at his long time rival and winked at Harry.

“We just wanted to say thanks and send you off properly, Severus,” Remus provided

“Then say your peace and leave me to my fate, wolf,” the snarky ghost replied.

Remus shook his head good-naturedly and smiled. “Well, I obviously can’t stay for the main event, but I wish you well. Thank you, Severus, for everything. Send Lily my love.”

“Take care, Remus,” Snape said without malice. “Miss Marks will be more than able to assist you for your potions.”

Remus nodded once to his old nemesis and walked out the door, just before sunset. For the next several hours, everyone gathered whispered their goodbyes and well wishes to the nearly departed. Ron and Harry waited in the back with Hermione. At nearly midnight, the ghost danced before the famous trio.

He floated in front of Ron first. “Weasley.”

“Snape.”

“Imbecile.”


“Greasy Git.”

“Tag-a-long.”

“Overgrown bat.”

Snape’s sneer turned into an actual grin and Ron laughed outright. “Take care of these two.”

“I will, sir,” Ron replied in earnestness.

Harry laughed at their banter and grinned when his former teacher turned his attentions to him. “Well, sir, would you like me to call you an overgrown bat, too?”

“Cheeky brat. Actually, Potter, I hope you know that you I never actually hated you. I just really enjoyed making your life a living hell,” Snape drawled.

In his corner, Draco tried not to laugh and failed miserably. Susan elbowed him tightly in the stomach and winked at Snape.

“I like her, Mr. Malfoy, she’s good for you. And you, Miss Bones, see to it that you keep him in line,” Snape responded before turning back to Harry.

“Mr. Potter, I don’t regret many things in my life and if I have to give you any parting words, it would be just that. Live your life to your best and your fullest, don’t regret your mistakes. Learn from them,” Snape said softly.

“I will, sir,” Harry answered with a surprising lump in his throat.

“Well Miss Granger,” Snape addressed Hermione. “Is there anything you would like to say?”

“Many things, but the only thing that comes to mind is that you are the most frustrating person, alive or dead, I have ever had the pleasure of meeting,” Hermione said, pretending to inspect her nails.

“I suppose that is fair. One thing I truly do despise was that I was never able to encourage you the way I would have liked. You would make a fabulous potions mistress, little know-it-all,” Snape said airily.

“I know I would. Thank you, Severus, for everything,” Hermione whispered.

“Thank you for taking a chance and listening to me,” he replied very quietly.

In a bath of warm bright light, a strikingly beautiful woman appeared in the room.

“Severus,” a cool, melodic voice called out. “It’s time to go home.”

Somewhere in the distance, the people gathered heard the chiming of the midnight hour.

“Verona,” Snape breathed. “How is this possible?”

“Well, you see, your goodness out weighed your misdeeds. However, you were still needed here. But it is time, now,” she replied with a soft wave of her hand.

The light behind her magnified and everyone raised a hand to shield their eyes.

“Where are we going?” Snape asked nervously.

“Home, love, we have much to do. There is a baby you never met and a mutt that is anxious to apologize,” Verona lilted.

“Our baby…mutt? What mutt?”

“Oh, Lily decided that James and Sirius needed to apologize. They have spent the majority of this past year in their Animagus forms. Even in death, she’s still a class act,” the spirited woman laughed.

Harry smiled at the thought and called out, “Give Mum a kiss for me? It should take the piss out of Dad.”

Snape nodded once as he looked back at the people gathered. They were there for him…they were friends. He smiled and bowed before taking his long lost wife in his arms and disappeared.
Reviews 240
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear