Search:

SIYE Time:21:00 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fallen For
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: December Engagement Challenge (2006-6)
Characters:All, All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 64
Summary: For the Challenge and For Jaq. Can Harry propose amidst mayhem, Christmas, and goblins? I changed the rating for a few extra innuendos in Chapter 5. Please Review!
Hitcount: Story Total: 15594; Chapter Total: 3127





Author's Notes:
Well this is the end, folks. Please let me know what you think. I upped the naughtiness just for Spenser, because it seemed to make him giggle. : )




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Part Five
December 25, Christmas Day

Ginny had dreamt of her life, not so long ago. Harry was just a boy she still had a crush on and they had been evacuated from the Burrow to Grimmauld Place. The Order had received a last minute report that Death Eaters were coming to attack the Burrow. They left with only a few items of clothing and their wands. Ginny couldn’t remember being more frightened.

That was the day Percy returned to the family truly terrified that his family had been lost in the destruction of their home. Only a few days from Christmas, they had no presents to exchange. Trying to brighten the situation, the twins suggested everyone find a random object in the house to give to someone. The object had to come with a fabulous story of why the present made the giver thing of the receiver.

It had been a smashing success when Hermione received a dozen books and a match from Ron. Everyone was curious to see why Ron gave her a match, but he said it was because she lit the room up every time she smiled. The twins immediately began to howl and Tonks teased them mercilessly. They both blushed and Harry took the attention away from them. He had given her an old jersey that he no longer wore; claiming that she always stole it anyhow. The memories faded and soon it was once more Christmas morning.

Ginny blearily opened her eyes. She smiled as she looked out her bedroom window and gazed at the white snow dusting a little of everything. The night’s activities dawned on her as she moved from her room and into the main part of the house. Fleur and Hermione hummed Christmas tunes while putting final touches on various decorations. Tonks stumbled from an upstairs room, clearly hung-over. After demanding coffee, she sat heavily at the table looking very green.

Ginny fuzzily remembered the previous night. Immediately after Harry and the men left, the girls pulled out presents and liquor. After entirely too much Firewhiskey, Ginny remembered a disturbing fashion show of lingerie, helpful “hints” from her mother, and the eruption of laughter when Ginny opened each present. She wasn’t exactly sure why Hermione gave her pineapple rings and whipped cream, but she was too scared to ask.

Shaking her from her memories, Penelope was the first to notice Ginny and ran to her squealing at her to get in the shower. After a quick wash, Ginny dried herself carefully and tied herself into her robe. She laughed as her mother tried to force feed her. Ginny couldn’t manage a bite and let herself be primped and prodded by her friends.

Penelope carefully crafted her hair into brilliant locks, charming them into place perfectly. Hermione and Molly moved around her with the cream silk. Every so often one of them would whisper a quiet spell, magicking the fine fabric to her body in gorgeous waves. The gown was her dream. She never quite knew what she would look like on her wedding day, but when she saw herself in the mirror in that moment, she realized her fantasy had come to life.

Her mother gently placed a thin veil on her head. “Something old, given from mother to daughter for the past eight generations. Happy Christmas.” Ginny tried to push back the tears but they came anyway.

“Ginny,” Tonks stepped forward, sniffing heavily. “You may borrow this handkerchief.” The white handkerchief was soft cotton with a baby blue embroidered butterfly.”

Ginny sniffed fiercely as she took it from Tonks’ hand and tucked it carefully into her breast. Fleur emerged with a simple arrangement of lilies for her bouquet. Taking a deep breath, Ginny never imagined this was her Christmas.

The feelings of joy, excitement, and love were always common on the holiday, but she was elated, overwhelmed, and beside herself. After a few quick photos, Mr. Weasley came home and hurried to his daughter’s side. In a whirlwind of flashes and last minute instructions, Arthur Weasley escorted Ginny to the haddock. Just before they Apparated to the ceremony, he bent his head and gently kissed her on her head. His little girl was leaving him for another man.

When Ginny opened her eyes, her father pulled away, and she bit her lip at the beauty before her. They were in a field, not far from Hogwarts. She looked down the sloping hills and could see the outline of the magnificent castle. The backdrop to her wedding was spectacular and she moved silently down the aisle.

Harry hadn’t blinked since he saw her; afraid she would disappear from his sight. His breath caught in his throat and mouth dried as he extended his hand, clasping hers. Vaguely, he heard Arthur wish them the best and step away. Together, they turned from the crowd to face the man who would marry them.

Harry watched her and saw nothing but her eyes. She smiled as they repeated the words of the aging man as he invoked the exclusive bond between them. Quickly, they murmured their assents and they heard the cheers. Neither looked away and they fell into each other. Embracing the first time as husband and wife, they kissed each other deeply.

The day began to fly by…even more so than before. Ginny hardly remembered the ceremony and was currently dancing with both of the twins in a fiery jig. Once they finally released her, she stole Maxim away from his Papa and slowly rotated with him in her arms. She smiled as she felt Harry’s arms encompass her waist and giggled as he made silly faces to Maxim’s delight.

“Falling for another man, Ginny?” he asked playfully, while pecking her cheek.

“Oh, I thought I’d try out one of these younger models,” she winked roguishly at him.

Maxim gurgled happily as Ginny kissed him and held him close, while Harry ruffled his hair and tickled his feet. Fleur quickly absconded her son from his aunt and new uncle, letting the newly weds dance idly together.

The music played on for hours and it wasn’t until nearly eight that evening, did Harry suggest they leave, with a hearty blush. Sneaking away from the traps the twins set up to snag the newly wedded couple, they quietly moved away from their family and Apparated away.

Far away from the reception and their family, Harry and Ginny landed a few meters away from a white cottage covered in brown ivy and winter bulbs. She let Harry lead her to the porch and stopped just in front of the large oak doors. He pulled out his key; the same jagged Muggle key he had given her as her second gift. A few tears came to her eyes as the door clicked open.

In the main living room she could see a hundred candles burning in every direction. She quietly cooed as Harry lifted her into his arms with ease setting her down just beyond the threshold.

“Harry, it’s breathtaking.” Ginny declared happily, watching as he set wards to bar intruders.

He smiled, relieved, as she moved about the small home and began to explore. She giggled in the kitchen, smiled in the den, and bit her lip nervously, as she started up the stairs. Harry followed her; desperate to see her face when she reached the bedroom, hoping she would like his last surprise.

She turned down the hall and examined each room before moving on to the next. There were three bedrooms besides their own, Harry privately hoped that they would be filled quickly, but wisely kept his mouth shut about that for now. Finally, she turned the knob and stepped into their master suite. She fell in love with the simple elegance of the king size bed. She marvelled at the antique vanity that was tucked carefully in a corner and was awestruck at the magnificent private bathroom.

She carefully sat on the edge of the massive tub. It was filled nearly to the brim, steam sweeping upwards in scented curls. She watched as rose petals and oils floated on the waters’ surface. Her eyes drooped as she breathed in the deep aromas. Harry watched his wife, her arresting beauty. Taking her hand, he led her away from the bath and guided her to sit on the bed.

He pulled her face to him and kissed her with worship, before moving to sit beside her. From his back pocket, he produced a thick envelope and handed it to her. Curious, Ginny tore into her last Christmas present. Harry waited and smirked gleefully when a tear of joy slipped from her eye.

“You told me not to bring a bathing suit,” Ginny choked bemusedly. “How do you propose a honeymoon to the Caribbean, for a month no less, if I can’t have a bathing suit?”

Harry raised his eyebrows devilishly, earning his first (of many) slaps as a husband. He took it in the shoulder manfully and groaned dramatically, making his nervous wife laugh.

“Harry,” Ginny whispered shyly, “I didn’t know you had this planned, I’m not…prepared…for the consequences.”

Harry tried not to laugh at her, but failed. “Well, I wish I could say that I had thought to have your mother spike your morning tea with a contraceptive potion, but I didn’t.”

“Harry, it’s not funny!” Ginny exclaimed but a smile defied her. “Almost every single woman in my family has gotten pregnant on their wedding night! The only person to break that tradition was my Great Aunt Lorraine and that was because her husband died an hour after the ceremony. I don’t know if we’re ready to be parents yet and I certainly don’t want you to die now!”

“Ginny, don’t fret,” Harry whispered running a calming hand down her cheek and across her lips. “If it happens, fantastic, if it doesn’t, maybe next time. I’ve wanted you to be a part of my life for so long; I just can’t make myself care. I want a family with you. You are terrific with Maxim and you tell me I am as well.” She choked a laugh at him in spite of herself.

“So, your saying let’s just see what happens and be happy regardless, right?” She smiled lazily and relaxed into him, beginning to enjoy her first night as a married woman.

Ginny and Harry would never forget the passionate kisses they shared that night. They lost themselves in new sensations and loved each other completely. The next day, they slipped away to their honeymoon.

After a month of splashing in the surf, bathing in the sun, and spending hours in their private bungalow, Harry and Ginny Potter returned home to return to their lives, more madly in love than every before. Molly had been thrilled when they returned home, she was aching to see the pictures and souvenirs the couple brought with them.

After enjoying a long night at the Burrow, Harry and Ginny returned to Ivy Cottage, their home. Harry had missed Molly’s cooking and could not believe the stories about the twins getting caught in their own traps after their wedding reception. Glad to be home, Harry collapsed on the couch, lying down to relax. He tried to close his eyes but was distracted by Ginny’s pacing.

“Ginny,” Harry sighed tiredly, “What’s wrong?”

“What? Oh…um,” Ginny twisted her fingers nervously.

Harry decided that if she was this nervous she should sit down, so he promptly pulled her into his lap.

“What is the matter?” He asked calmly.

“Well, it’s a tradition, I guess. I just didn’t want you to be frustrated or disappointed in me,” Ginny mumbled.

Harry hugged his wife tightly to soothe her stress. “My Ginny, I want a family, someday. You weren’t even sure if you wanted a baby yet. Now, you’re stressing because we don’t have one. That’s not fair to you. It will happen…” he stopped talking as Ginny put a hand over his mouth.

“That’s not what I meant…” she whispered with a very mischievous smile.
Reviews 64
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear