Search:

SIYE Time:20:17 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fallen For
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: December Engagement Challenge (2006-6)
Characters:All, All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 64
Summary: For the Challenge and For Jaq. Can Harry propose amidst mayhem, Christmas, and goblins? I changed the rating for a few extra innuendos in Chapter 5. Please Review!
Hitcount: Story Total: 15548; Chapter Total: 2904





Author's Notes:
Please review. Be warned fluff exists in many levels here.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Part Four

December 24th Christmas Eve
Ginny finished wrapping her presents in record time the next day, as she waited for the evening to arrive. She stayed in her room most of the day wrapping and trying to guess where Harry would take her on their mystery vacation. Idly she dreamed of Ireland, Alaska, or the Alps. She always wanted to see the mountains of Switzerland. Granted she would have much rather gone someplace warm and exotic, but Harry told her she shouldn’t bother with a bathing suit, so she could assume it wasn’t warm.

By four in that afternoon, she was becoming crazy with excitement. Her mother even insisted she get out of the house because she was driving her insane. Ginny stalked through Diagon Alley in search of something to take her mind off the surprise, desperate for eight-thirty to arrive. Finally, after her third sundae at Fortesque’s she spied that it was eight-twenty-five and ran into Gringotts’.

She felt a little uneasy when the goblins bowed at her expectantly. She produced the keys and followed them to a cart and was whisked away. The cart took only a few seconds to reach its destination, though it felt like days to Ginny. With a wide smile, she climbed out of the cart and nervously stepped into the vault after the goblin opened it for her.

She stood in awe as she saw a wealth of gold, watches, gems, and papers. Directly in front of her, on a stone pedestal rested a simple, tiny box with her a note addressed to her on it. With a shaking hand, she grasped the parchment and opened the note to read it but there was nothing in it. She flipped it over; curious as to why Harry hadn’t written anything in the note.

She groaned with even more frustration at this game of his. Her eyes wandered back to the fuzzy box on the pedestal. Her fingers danced lightly on the soft velvet box hoping for answers, she took it in her hands. Biting her lip, she raised the box to open it, when two masculine hands slid around waist. She yelped out in surprise, but laughed at the same time.

“Harry!” she exclaimed as he whipped her around kissing her forcefully.

He smirked at her in response. “Now who would Moody be mad at?”

She giggled at his playfulness but her attention quickly fell back to the box in her hand. “What is all this, Harry?” she asked in a hushed voice.

He smiled at her blatant nervousness and kissed her hand. “This is all ours. It isn’t as much as it looks, but it is a combination of what my parents and Sirius left me. You know whatever is mine is yours.”

Suddenly, the intensity of his words struck her and she stared at the box. She suddenly knew what was inside and that the whole vacation idea was a masterful ruse. Ginny held up the box and opened it cautiously. Tears danced in her eyes as she saw the ring.

Harry’s eyes misted as he held her tightly against him. Fear overcame him and he could hardly move. “I told you it wouldn’t be the last time I asked you,” he whispered.

Ginny gulped and giggled heavily. As if she was paralyzed, she felt Harry slide down her body as he dropped to his knees.

“Marry me, my Ginny?” Harry croaked.

In a voice that wasn’t entirely her own, she gasped, “Yes!”

He lifted her with ease as he pulled her up in a firm embrace. She could hear him swear words of love and relished in his conviction. After a moment, they collected themselves and wiped tears from each other’s eyes.

“I can’t believe you did all this!” Ginny exclaimed.

“You have no idea, in fact the surprises aren’t quite over,” he responded in an antagonizing voice.

“Harry, what else could be a bigger surprise than asking me to marry you?” She joked.

“Getting married,” he said simply as he slid the ring on her finger.

*****

Harry caught her as she fell forward. She was shocked as she realized he had made the ring a Portkey, which deposited them directly in front of the fire place at the Burrow.

Her parents were smiling at her with devious grins. They laughed at her shock and ran to embrace the newly engaged couple. After congratulations and kisses, Molly sat Ginny down to inspect the ring as it sat on her daughter’s hand. Ginny could barely move or speak for fear of fainting.

After collecting her wits and her breath, she smiled at her mother and father. “I can’t believe you helped him, you traitors!” She laughed good-naturedly.

They embraced her again and she grinned when Arthur whispered something to Harry. “More conspiracy, Mum?” Ginny asked lightly.

“I’m not aware of anything else, Arthur?” Molly replied confusedly.

“Ginny,” Harry responded for him, “Do you remember what I said when you asked what would be a bigger surprise?”

Knitting her brow, she answered, “You said, ‘getting married.’ I don’t see how we can do that without any of the family here.”

At this Arthur and Harry smiled again as the two women were lost. As if by magic, Bill and Fleur appeared with their son, Maxim. The small family was heavily clad in snow wear having only just arrived. Charlie inched his way into the room and winked at Bill. Penelope and Percy stepped through the Floo just after Charlie shook hands with his father and kissed his mother lightly. They brushed and dusted themselves before moving to give Molly a kiss as well.

Ginny began to cry again whereas her mother just began to laugh. The twins emerged from under Harry’s Invisibility Cloak and swept their mother up to dance. After a quick tango with George and a polka with Fred, she was deposited back onto the couch with Ginny.

“But…but…but…” Ginny stuttered. “What about Ron, surely you want him to be your best man and I can’t have anyone besides Hermione be my matron of honour!”

A voice from directly behind her called out, “Do you honestly think I would miss your wedding?”

Ginny spun where she sat to see Hermione walking forward with Ron following closely behind her. The girls embraced and laughed at the strange events of the day.

“I can’t believe this! You’re all here for Christmas and I’m getting married!” Ginny laughed, leaping into Harry’s arms.

“I love you, my Ginny, but its time for me to depart,” Harry said.

“Where are you going? It’s Christmas Eve!” she protested.

“I have to go, love. Its bad luck to see the bride before the wedding…” he trailed off letting her catch his meaning.

Suddenly all the clues fell into place. “You said ‘five days’ it’s only been four. Oh my, I can’t believe I didn’t realize that sooner! We’re getting married tomorrow!?” She smiled as she pulled him into a deep kiss. “How can we do that? I don’t have a dress, we aren’t registered for gifts, and I think Hermione wants payback for the hen party I threw her.” Ginny didn’t want to protest but everything was happening so fast.

“I know you are worried, Ginny, but Harry took care of everything.” Hermione offered. “I registered you for gifts the same time I did mine, while you were helping me I just made note of what you wanted while we worked on my list. I found a spell that will build your dress with the fabric you picked out the day we went shopping for my dress, and you better believe that as soon as these blokes are out of here the hen party will begin! Fleur brought food, Penelope has the alcohol, and if only your brothers knew what exactly I owe you payback for….” Hermione laughed as Ginny paled slightly.

The Weasley men suddenly became very interested in what Hermione had to say, but she just shook her head and whispered something to Ron. His eyes went wide and all colour drained from his face. Ginny covered her face as Ron learned exactly how Hermione came into possession of a can of edible body paint and a black silk teddy. She blushed even deeper when he wished Harry ‘good luck’ and laughed at Harry’s confused expression. Hermione laughed and Molly ordered the men out of the Burrow. Arthur instructed all the men to Grimmauld Place where Remus was waiting for them. With hurried goodbyes and quick kisses, the party was well under way.

Ginny could hardly believe how the day had developed and knew she would never get to sleep this Christmas Eve.
Reviews 64
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear