Search:

SIYE Time:0:57 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fallen For
By peskypetunia

- Text Size +

Category: December Engagement Challenge (2006-6)
Characters:All, All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 64
Summary: For the Challenge and For Jaq. Can Harry propose amidst mayhem, Christmas, and goblins? I changed the rating for a few extra innuendos in Chapter 5. Please Review!
Hitcount: Story Total: 15592; Chapter Total: 3100





Author's Notes:
Beware you enter a dangerously fluffy zone.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Part Three
December 21, that night…

That night, Ginny came home to an empty house. She had grown used to the silence ever since Ron and Hermione had gotten engaged and found their own home, but tonight, her parents weren’t even home. She knew that they had likely gone to dinner and smiled at the thought of them on a date.

After a long, hot shower, Ginny put on her favourite pair of pyjamas. With a book and a glass of wine, she curled up in the family room, by the fire and waited for her parents to return home. Sometime later, she could here her parents arguing in the kitchen.

“Don’t be angry with me, Molly!” her father begged.

“Of course not Arthur, you haven’t been bothered at all by the fact that our family is leaving us alone for Christmas. Never you mind, we’ll be alone on Christmas morning!” Molly barked.

Ginny became instantly angry and joined the fray. “Mum! I’ll be home for Christmas, what is all this yelling about?”

“Of course you’ll be here, Ginny darling.” Molly acquiesced. “But none of your brothers will be. I had a large family, my dear, and each and every one of those boys has abandoned us. I thought we raised them better. I understand that the married ones have other families to share their time with, but the twins…a business trip!” Molly was fuming.

Ginny knew not to pick this battle so she turned and headed to her room. Her mother had completely ignored the fact that she could spend some quality time with her daughter. Ginny tried to rub her headache away when she heard her mother begin to rant again. Tired and now irritable, Ginny stared out her window, resting her forehead on the cool pane. Out of the light snowfall, she could see Hedwig returning to her.

Quickly she let the beautiful white owl into her room, carefully latching the window behind her. The wind was not bad, but the air was bitter and she shivered into a blanket as she removed the new package and note from Harry.

My Ginny,

I hope you know how desperately I love you. I will see you soon.

Harry


Carefully she untied the small box and tried to figure out what they meant. She pondered why he had sent her two keys. The first was clearly a key to a Gringott’s vault. The second looked like a key as well but it was larger and had more teeth. Desperate for answer, Ginny turned the seemingly empty box upside down hoping something would fall out. Another tiny slip of paper fell from the box.

8:30 p.m. December 24, Vault 1376

She should have known she would get few answers. Trying to put her questions to rest, Ginny laid back and welcomed sleep. Smiling in her dreams as she wondered the possibilities…

*****

December 22
Ginny rose early the next morning. After her morning routine, she made her way to the fire to Floo-call Luna. The dreamy girl apologized for missing her the previous day and they arranged to meet the following day as Luna had to work.

Ginny spent the day blissfully buried under wrapping paper and bows. She always preferred wrapping her presents by hand, magic just didn’t give it that personal touch. She was lost in her gifts when the wonderful aromas of her mother’s cooking wafted into the upper layers of the Burrow.

The scent of spiced nuts and cinnamon danced on her senses and Ginny couldn’t resist the pull emanating from the kitchen. After sneaking a few goodies from the plethora of treats her mother was making, she was caught and drafted to help bake the rest of the afternoon. Ginny didn’t particularly mind, because her mother was in a much better mood today.

“Mum,” Ginny asked quietly. “Have you any idea what Harry is planning for Christmas? I haven’t seen him in two days!”

Molly smiled knowingly, “I haven’t the foggiest my dear. If I were you though, I wouldn’t try to ruin his surprises. Romance is a precious commodity in life, sweetheart.”

Ginny smirked knowing full well her mother was lying to her. If she guessed correctly her mother would get angry, if she guessed wrong her mother would simply smile it off.

“Is it jewellery?” Ginny posed sweetly.

“Ginerva, please stop. You won’t get the answer from me, Harry put the Fidelius Charm on the answer so unless you’re the Secret Keeper, I can’t talk about it. Besides do you really want to ruin it for Harry? You know how he loves to surprise you.”

Ginny smirked as she remembered her last birthday. Harry sent her on a treasure hunt. She had to find clues all over the Burrow, Hogsmeade, the twins’ shop, and Hogwarts before she could find her gift. Of course the gift had been an exquisite diamond bracelet, but it had been wrapped in a huge crate.

When she finally got the crate open, she was shocked to see Harry bound and gagged. The twins decided to give her Harry for her birthday. It was rather sweet of them, but while Harry laughed it off, she secretly plotted revenge. Harry was just happy to be out of the box and thanked her for rescuing him. She loved her bracelet from him and loved the effort of his surprises.

Later that night, while her parents cleaned up for dinner, she stood in the hallway hoping to hear clues about Harry’s surprise. She smirked when she heard them easily drop into conversation about “it.”

“Arthur, Ginny is suspicious. Do you think she knows what Harry has planned?” Molly whispered heavily.

“I’m not sure, Molly. With all of her siblings gone for the holidays, she may just be desperate for something to occupy her mind. On the other hand, Harry worked really hard for this and we need to be cautious,” her father warned as he collected the plates.

“I know, dear. Harry looked so thrilled when he found it. It truly was perfect; I just hope they send us a note or something nice, so we won’t worry. I’ve always wanted to see that. I can’t help but feel a little nostalgic.”

Ginny gasped realizing their meanings. Harry was taking her on a vacation. She let her mind reel with the implications as she tried to imagine every place she had ever mentioned she wanted to visit. She leapt away from the kitchen and dashed up the stairs, never seeing her parents holding in their laughter at their eavesdropping daughter. She could try and ruin it for herself, but they wouldn’t let her ruin it for Harry.

*****

December 23rd
The following morning, proved to be considerably more eventful. Ginny woke up late and in a foul mood. She grumpily snapped at her mother for pointing out how late she was and hurried off to find Luna in Hogsmeade.

Luna’s odd nature made her laugh and soon her attitude began to improve. They ate at the Three Broomsticks and chuckled as they saw a young couple of sixth year Hogwarts’ students sucking each other’s faces off.

Luna delighted in telling Ginny several stories about how she and Neville were doing. Though they had only been dating three weeks, the blonde was convinced that they would be married in less than a year. Of course she had fancied Neville for ages, but that was beside the point.

After they finished their butterbeers, they decided to briefly stop in the Quidditch shop so Ginny could buy Ron’s present. While on the way, Ginny spied Harry coming out of a clothing store. This particular shop specialized in fine silks and she couldn’t help but wonder what he was up to. Sneaking up carefully behind him, she got about two feet away from him as he casually strolled down the lanes. Amused, Luna followed Ginny carefully, so as not to arouse Harry’s suspicion. When he stopped to tie his shoe, Ginny raised her wand and gently laid it to the back of his head.

“Moody would be so disappointed,” she quipped, loving his face of frustration when she threw his own words back at him.

“Indeed he would, my love. So have you decided to stalk people in Hogsmeade today? Have the twins gotten to you?” He joked back.

They both laughed and embraced, ignoring the small audience they had.

“Harry,” Ginny began in her best ‘pout’ voice. “Why won’t you tell me what all the mystery is about? I realize you want to surprise me, but what could be the harm of give me a little hint?” she sighed hopefully.

“A hint, my dear?” He asked raising a sceptical eyebrow. “Well, I suppose a tiny hint couldn’t hurt…” he trailed off loving the flash of enthusiasm in her face. “You don’t need to worry about a bathing suit.”

“A bathing suit? Harry, are we going someplace?” Ginny begged excitedly, but Harry just slipped out of her arms, kissed her cheek and disappeared.

Decidedly more frustrated, Ginny and Luna finished their shopping and returned to their respective homes. As Ginny unloaded the contents of her purse and pockets, she noticed a small parcel in her pocket.

She tore into the wrapping and smirked as a smaller envelope, a shrunken wooden box, and a small note from Harry fell out of the package.

My Ginny love,
While I grant you these gifts may baffle you, I promise you I love you and will explain everything tomorrow.
Harry


Ginny enlarged the huge box and was clearly perplexed when she read the thick black letters on the side: Eight Hundred Candles.

While she pondered the meaning, she thumbed into the small envelope and was rendered speechless when a magnificent diamond necklace fell out.



Reviews 64
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear