Search:

SIYE Time:2:14 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Love Answered ~
By LadyLatina

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Drama, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 21
Summary: Before the final battle Harry has to say something to Ginny. She also has something to say to him.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7284



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is something that wouldn’t let me go until I wrote it down. I hope it doesn’t disappoint.




ChapterPrinter


Standing in the darkness of the forest he waited. The darkness seemed to grow darker, more sinister. A cold chill ran down his spine. He could feel Tom getting closer…slinking his way towards Hogwarts. Harry took a deep calming breath and kept his eyes closed and his mind blank. He shouldn’t think about her. He couldn’t think about her. He couldn’t stop thinking about her. He couldn’t afford to think about her…yet thoughts of her consumed him.

Ginny. Beautiful. Willful. Powerful. Stubborn. Vibrant. Alive. Love. Ginny. Images of her raced through his mind. His stomach tightened as he momentarily lost himself in the memories of the happiest weeks of his life. The weeks when he was able to call her his. When he felt contentment, peace, joy, happiness and…NO! Don’t think about that. Just think about getting through this. Get through this and you can have her.

~*~

The sudden fierce wind blowing through the castle was their first clue. Ginny stood motionless at the window as the wind rushed in and blew out the fire. The Gryffindor Common Room was thrown into momentary panic. Neville’s voice rang out with such authority that it startled everyone into listening.

Bellowing orders and making sure the younger children knew where to go for safety, he finally turned to her. Walking up behind her, he laid a gentle hand on her shoulder, “Ginny? Ginny it’s time.”

She sighed so softly that he didn’t notice. Without turning she said, “I can feel him Neville. I can feel my Harry out there…” her voice trailed off.

“Ginny?” Neville began.

Shaking her head, she squared her shoulders. “I’m okay Neville. I have to be okay and strong. He needs me to be.” She turned and gave him a sad smile. “I have to go out there. I have to tell him something before he…” her voice broke.

“No Ginny,” he said as he grabbed her shoulder.

She turned and gave him a small smile. “Yes. Don’t try to stop me Neville. I don’t want to hurt you.” She pushed him away and walked out of the portrait hole. I have to tell him. He has to know. Why the bloody hell didn’t I tell him before? She mentally argued with herself as she stealthily made her way out of the castle. When he gets through this…I’m going to tell him everyday…at least twice.

~*~

Get through this. Get through this and you can have her. Get through this and she’ll be waiting. You know she will. This had been his mantra for days now. He ignored the insidious voice in his head that mocked him. Why would she be waiting? She is so beautiful. Vibrant. Alive. Full of spirit and fire. Why would she wait for you? You never promised her anything. You never told her the truth.

He shook his head in furious denial, arguing with himself. She knew…she had too. Yes, he hadn’t said the words, but they were there just beneath the surface. Those glorious weeks when she was mine, she had to have known how I felt. Frustration consumed him. Damn my nobility!

He closed his eyes and prayed…please…just let me get through this. Let me have her…at least once before I…I just need to see her. Just see her…my Ginny…please.

~*~

High above Love bent an ear.

~*~

She kept herself to the shadows, not making a sound. The sound of sick laughter halted her in her tracks. Pushing herself into the wall she closed her eyes and centered herself. Straining to hear which direction the laughter was coming from. Her muscles were beginning to cramp in pain as she held herself still.

The laughter faded. A silent, stillness came over her. Moment by moment she relaxed, letting the tension and breath she had been holding slowly leave her body. Keeping her eyes closed she began to pray.

Please. Please let him be okay. Even if I can never call him mine again…let him live. Please. Please…if…if…an innocent life is required tonight…take mine. She let out a soft breath as her mind and heart made peace with the idea of her sacrifice. A calm, peaceful smile broke out across her face.

She felt rather than heard someone calling for her, reaching out for her. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked. No one was there and yet she felt her heart beating rapidly, yearning, straining for…something…towards someone.

~*~

High above Love looked down.

~*~

A cold shiver ran down Harry’s back. A sense of sacrifice swept over him. His blood ran cold. He began to panic. No. No not her. Not her! By God he was owed something! All his life he was the one that paid. He was the one that had this terrible burden and God owed him something!

He would pay. Whatever the cost she would not be lost! Please, please…not her. Never her. Scowling and throwing caution momentarily to the wind he sprinted towards the castle, keeping to the shadows. His heart was yearning…reaching…screaming out for her…my Ginny.

~*~

High above Love weighed the requests.

~*~

Ginny remained where she was, the pounding of her heart was the only sound she heard. Harry. Harry. Harry. His name echoed through her mind and heart like a lifeline. Harry. Harry. Harry…his name flowed through her blood…giving her the strength to plead for his life. She closed her eyes again and continued praying.

My life for his…I love him with all that is within me. Please, please keep him safe. Keep him whole. If my life is sacrificed for his…please give him the strength to go on…to not feel guilty…to live on…for me…for my sacrifice.

She felt a presence coming towards her. She held her breath and willed her racing heart to calm down. Strangely she was not afraid. Suddenly the presence was beside her…she felt a whisper soft touch on her hand and jerked from the surge of magic she felt flow into her.

She took a deep breath and smelled him. Her eyes popped open and she turned to face him. “H-Harry?”

~*~

Crouched low beside the castle, hidden by the shadows Harry carefully removed the worn piece of precious parchment from his cloak. Tapping it lightly he cast a quick look and immediately memorized where she was.

Turning he made his way around into the castle and with quick purposeful steps made his way to her. He smiled to himself when her smell made it’s way to his nose. Yes. She was there. He leaned against the wall and slowly made his way towards her.

His heart began beating widely as each step brought him closer and closer to his goal. Before he knew it he was right next to her. He heard her stop breathing and slowly extended his hand towards her.

The tips of his fingers brushed the back of her hand lightly…then he heard her ask, “H-Harry?”

~*~

“Shh Gin. Yes it’s me.”

Before he could finish his sentence, she had turned and crushed her mouth to his. He gasped in surprise, which allowed her to deepen the kiss. He clutched at her, his anchor in the storm. His touchstone. His home. His heart. Heedlessly he pulled her tight to his body, unconcerned that she would feel the effects of her kiss on his body.

His heart, his mind, his body…his soul had one common goal. He plunged one hand into her hair and pulled her head back as his lips trailed hot kisses over her face, down her neck and back to her mouth.

“Yes.”

Turning her he pushed her against the wall and pulled her slightly up so that he could wedge his leg in-between her thighs, pushing her open so that he could nestle against her.

“More.”

Thrusting his tongue into her mouth as his body mimicked the thrusting against her body he allowed himself to become drunk on the taste and feel of her. She arched against him as her hands buried themselves in his hair, pulling and pushing his mouth to the areas of her body that were on fire for him.

“Taste me.”

His hands made their way under her shirt to softly caress her back. Panting, desperate to make her understand he tried to pull away from her mouth. She would not release him. Her legs locked around his waist and she ground herself against him.

“Mine.”

She pulled his head back up and plundered his mouth again. He tasted tears, unsure if they were hers or his. It welled up within him and he couldn’t contain it.

“I love you.”

In the space of a heartbeat they froze. She slowly lowered her shaky legs to the ground and unclenched her hands in his hair. The sound of their combined heavy breathing echoed around them.

“I wanted to say it first,” she said softly as she slowly traced his lips.

“I needed to say it first,” he replied with a shy smile. “I’ve never said that to anyone before. You’re the first.”

She gave him a soft chaste kiss. “I love you with all my heart Harry,” she smiled and pulled him closer to her. Her nose brushed his as she said, “today, tomorrow, forever. However long I live…I will love you.” A tear slipped out of the corner of her eye.

Reaching up to capture it on the tip of his finger, he slowly brought it up to his lips and licked it off. “When I get through this…” he took a deep breath and lowered his eyes.

“When you get through this?”

“I want you. I want you to…” his voice trailed off.

She smiled, understanding him completely. “When we get through this…I will be here.”

He pulled her close and buried his nose into her hair. They stood silently holding one another, gently rocking. “I love you so much.”

After a moment she pulled away. “I want to be with you…” she sighed. “I want to share myself with you…” she bit her lip and fought down a furious blush. “I want to feel you move inside me.”

His body reacted to her words before he could control himself. Seeing her expression he jerked his head, bit his lip and blushed, “sorry. Can’t help it.”

She laughed softly, “that’s okay…I like it.”

With a soft groan he kissed her again. Mouths met in passionate hunger, arms pulled their bodies impossibly closer. Breaths mingled as tongues mated. Questions were asked wordlessly and quickly answered.

Panting he pulled away and lowered his forehead to hers. “I…we…now is not the time…” he nuzzled her nose tenderly, his deep love shining out of his eyes.

With an impish grin she nudged him back and cheekily whispered, “then hurry up and take care of our ‘Tom’ problem eh?”

He smiled and hugged her close. “Find me. When this is over…find me…and never let me go.”

“Never my love.”

“My love?” He kissed her softly. “My love. I love the sound of that coming from your lips.”

“One last kiss before we part?”

Nodding he bent and their mouths met again in hushed longing, yearning, soft and tender passion.

Without another word spoken he broke off the kiss and stared deep into her eyes. Backing away from her, not breaking eye contact he made his way back down the corridor towards outside.

She stood there for a moment and closed her eyes once again in prayer. Please, she prayed. Give us each other…forever.

~*~

High above Love watched and listened. Love nodded in approval. Love smiled…and Love answered.

~*~

There was no pain. He simply stood in the hazy light and blinked. Where am I? He wondered. He looked down at himself and frowned. His clothes were clean and pressed. He looked around but couldn’t locate his wand.

“You do not need that here.”

Harry jerked around looking for the source of the voice. “Who’s there?”

The haze lifted and he was surround by bright sunlight. “Who’s there?!”

A peace settled over him as he heard, “she waits.”

He turned and saw Ginny. Wait. What? She was holding him? His mind raced…what was going on?

Suddenly he was pulled into a sea of hazy, unfocussed pain. He took a breath and coughed. He couldn’t keep his eyes open.

“HARRY!”

His head jerked…it was his Ginny. Blinking he struggled to see her face. Slowly he lifted his hand and tried to wipe away her tears. His hand fell limply to the side before he could reach her. “D-don’t…c-c-cry,” he tried to give her a smile.

“I’m here love. I’ve got you. Don’t leave me. C’mon Harry…open your eyes more,” she rained kisses all over his face, using her tears and her hair to wipe off the dirt and soot on his face. “Please. Please. Please,” she whispered over and over.

He sighed and forced his eyes open. “G-gin?”

“Yes Harry, it’s me.”

“Y-you found m-me,” he coughed and nestled closer to her chest. He smiled to himself as he allowed himself to softly nuzzle her breasts. Looking up at her bemused face he gave her a heart-breaking smile. “Don’t let me go.”

“Never,” she vowed as he closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

~*~

The room was a blinding white and hurt her eyes. She pulled out her wand and cast it around the room. It immediately dimmed to a soft light and allowed her to still see him clearly. He looked so tired, so worn, so…small.

Looking around she locked gazes with her loved ones that were gathered in the room with her. Sixteen people smiled back at her. They had enlarged the room to accommodate them all, which was so against the rules of the hospital. Yet, no one dared asked any of them to leave…the nursing staff had learned that lesson the hard way.

Ginny closed her eyes and smiled as she remembered that she’d have to apologize to one particular nurse. The poor woman had been so scared when Ginny had turned her wand on her when she tried to pull Harry away from her embrace.

Thankfully Remus had been able to explain the situation to her…and remove the horns and tail that Ginny had hexed her with.

“I’m tired,” she said softly.

Molly rushed forward and hugged her. “Let’s get you home.”

“I am home.” Ginny pulled away and gently cupped her Mum’s face. “My home is Harry.” She kissed her cheek and stood up and pulled the blanket away from Harry’s sleeping body. Climbing into bed with him she carefully laid her head on his shoulder and placed her arm protectively across his stomach.

She sighed as he turned in his sleep and pulled her closer. Heads touching they both slept on.

Molly felt the tears burning in her eyes. She turned to her family and bit her lip. Nodding silently to Arthur and then to Remus, she turned back and tucked the covers over them. Placing a soft kiss on each of their heads she cast a charm about the bed and then turned and shooed the rest of the family into the waiting area.

~*~

He was being poked awake. Frowning in his sleep he muttered, “no!” He then smiled as he heard a familiar giggle. He smiled slowly and blinked open his eyes. His unfocussed gaze took in a red halo of hair and brown eyes. He closed his eyes and stretched reaching for her and pulling her closer.

His nose nuzzled into the crook of her neck and he thrust his leg in-between hers and rubbed himself slowly against her.

“Ahem.”

He started and his eyes sprang open. Molly Weasley came into sharp focus as she placed his glasses on him. He bit his lip and fought down the blush that was quickly overtaking his face. He glanced at a smiling Ginny and frowned, “you could have said-“

She kissed him quiet. He lost himself in her and it took him a while to remember that they weren’t alone. “G-gin,” he tried to say as she continued to kiss him.

“What?”

Helplessly he accepted another deep, wet kiss. Pulling slightly away he bashfully whispered, “y-your Mum,”

“So?” She whispered as she continued to kiss him. She was about to climb on top of him when Molly said, “Ginevra! Give him a moment to collect himself!”

With a huge theatrical sigh Ginny pulled back and saucily winked at him. “Later then,” she kissed him one last time and then rolled onto her side to face her Mum.

“Quite!” Molly said tartly, but she hid a smile in her heart. Ginny had told her that Harry was the one. Not that she didn’t already know that…but it warmed her heart to see her baby so happy.

~*~

High above Love laughed out with Joy.

~*~

“I still can’t believe that she didn’t hex me into next week!” Harry chuckled as he played with a stand of Ginny’s hair. Molly had left them alone for the rest of the morning, but warned them that she’d return sometime that afternoon. And with a gleam in her eye to rival the twins she gave them no specific time to expect her.

“Please! You’re Harry Potter! Plus she…well, she knows how…that we…” Ginny blushed and buried her face into his chest.

“What?” He asked as he tugged her head up.

“She knows we’re going to get married.” Ginny waited for his response.

He simply looked at her. “Yeah? So have you set the date yet?”

“I…I w-was k-kidding!” She looked at him with wide eyes.

He smiled and kissed her forehead. “I don’t think your Mum is too keen on the idea of us…you know…without getting married first.” He rolled over on top of her and gave her a taste of her own medicine.

Breathless minutes later she said, “You really want to wait until we’re married?”

He smiled and said, “Not particularly…but since I plan to marry you as soon as possible…”

“I still have to finish school.”

“So do I.”

“I don’t think they have married dorms at Hogwarts.”

“We’ll just have to make do with Hagrid’s hut then.”

~*~

Remus sat across from Molly and Arthur and wished that Tonks were with him. He squared his shoulders and opened his mouth.

“Before you say a word,” Molly interrupted quickly. “I want you to know that I agree with you completely.” She smiled at Remus’ wide-eyed look.

“Y-you do?” He asked completely gob-smacked.

“Yes,” Molly continued. “I agree that they are too young to get married.”

“W-ell…yes. But,” Remus began.

“But, we cannot stop them. Harry is of age and Ginny will be in a few weeks.” She sighed.

“Sure. However,” Arthur interjected.

“They have agreed to finish school,” Molly continued on ignoring them both. “So I think that we can rest easy that they won’t present us with grandchildren for awhile.”

Remus and Arthur both lost all color in their faces.

“If we hurry, we can have them married right after Ginny’s birthday and happily settled in Hagrid’s old hut before the start of term.” She beamed at them as she stood. “Now…how about some tea?”

She left them both sitting staring after her with mouths wide open and eyes goggled.

~*~

High above Love listened, looked and approved. With a nod to Joy and Happiness, Love bestowed their Blessings.
Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear