Search:

SIYE Time:10:53 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Our Little Conquistador
By gryffindor_girl101

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 12
Summary: After Harry and Ginny's wedding, they find some horrible news. They find a way to get around their problem.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5231



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
It may seem odd, but I want to dedicate this story to my friend's little brother. He is only four years old and he has Leukemia. So this story is dedicated to you Mark even though I know you're not reading this.




ChapterPrinter


We had been married for a year when we went to St. Mungos. They gave us horrible news. They said that Ginny could not have children. It was a huge shock, especially for Ginny. She had always wanted to have many children. Now she couldn't. But that didn't stop her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 10, that was the day that the Healers at St. Mungos told me something that would affect me for the rest of my life. I always wanted children, and a lot of them, but the Healers at St, Mungos said I couldn't.

"That can't be true," Harry said, "it just can't be true."

Harry and I had been waiting for the day our first child was born, but I guess that fantasy is over now. I didn’t know what to do now. What would my family think when we told them this. Maybe we didn’t have to. If we adopted a child from Britain or maybe even America, they don’t have to know. But I don’t think we can keep that from them for long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny seemed to be handling the news very well. She had the look she always had when she came up with another brilliant plan. I was excited to hear what her plan was.

-------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- --------------

Later that night I made Ginny dinner since I knew that she would be in no mood to cook.

She sat down at the table without any word. I placed the food on the table and sat down beside her.

“Thank you,” she said.

“Your welcome.”

We ate in silence for about fifteen minutes. Then Ginny started talking. I was hoped she would tell me what she had been thinking about all day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day Harry made me dinner. As we ate, we were silent. I was debating telling him what I had been thinking. I’m going to have to tell him sometime, the question is When? I thought.

“Harry, I’ve been thinking,” I expected him to say something like “Oh, really, what a pleasant surprise,” but he didn’t, he just remained quiet, so I continued. “We’ve always wanted to have children, and just because the Healers said we couldn’t have children of our own, it doesn’t mean that we can’t adopt children.”

“I know,” he said.

------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------

My family took the news better than we expected, and I was glad. Now we’re in Toulouse, France. We decided to adopt a child so we could at least have a child to play with and take care of. Instead of just looking anywhere, we look at orphanages for witches and wizards.

One of the first places that we look was Africa since there were a lot of orphans there. Not many, however were witches or wizards. So we came back to Europe and that is where we are now.

“Let’s see, the Southern France Orphanage for Witches and Wizards should be around here,” Harry said, looking at the map of France that had the SFOWW (Southern France Orphanage for Witches and Wizards) marked. “It should be in a building that looks like a rundown shop.”

“Is that it?” I asked looking at a shop that had clearly been abandoned years ago. It said “Smith’s Super Shoppe.”

“I think so,” he said, “only one way to find out.” We walked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month later we were at the Burrow celebrating the arrival of our son, Alejandro Potter.

“Aaww,” Hermione said when we walked in the door, “he’s so cute!”

In France there was a little boy, who was from Spain, but his parents had moved to Southern France and then they were killed in a car-crash. Harry had immediately sought him out, because he knew what it felt like to think your parents had died in a car-crash, although Alejandro’s parents actually did die in a car-crash while Harry only thought that growing up. Later they found out that Alejandro has Leukemia. After playing with Alejandro for a little while, we decided that he would fit in perfectly in our family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Alejandro’s welcome home party, we went back to the house that Ginny and I bought after we got married. We opened the nursery to find that Ginny’s family had been here. They decorated the room. It was perfect for the new four-year-old Potter. Ginny smiled and looked at the sleeping toddler. She walked in and laid him down in his brand-new bed then closed the door.

“Do you think he’ll be alright?” Harry asked.

“Of course he will, he’s a Potter.”

---------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ------------------

Seven years later we found ourselves at the Burrow for another party for Alejandro. This time, however it was his going away party instead of his coming into the family party. After only seven years of being in the Potter/Weasley family Alejandro had grown up to be a true Potter even though he wasn’t.

“I would like to thank you all for giving me this wonderful party,” Alejandro said. He still had a faint Spanish accent. I looked at my son and tears started running down my face. I saw that Ginny was already crying. I put my arm around her. She looked up at me and smiled, and then she placed her head on my shoulder.

“I don’t remember my birth parents but I’m glad that I ended up in this family. I would like to thank you all, not only for the fun I’ve had in this family, but you all have welcomed me into the family and treated me as if I was born a Potter. Thank you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That was a beautiful speech,” I said holding back tears, “I don’t think there was a dry eye in the room.”

Then I went up to the microphone that my son had just spoken through to my family and our friends. “I hope you all liked Alejandro’s speech, I know he’s been working on it for a while. I know you all have watched Alejandro grow up, and it’s hard for all of us to see him off to Hogwarts. I just want to thank you all for your support.”

--------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -------------------

The next day Harry and I went to King’s Cross to drop Alejandro off at platform nine and three quarters. I was trying hard not to cry. I had never had to see my own child off. Sure I had gone to platform nine and three quarters when my brothers went to Hogwarts, but never had I gone to see someone younger than me off to Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could see my wife’s tears. I knew that she would miss our son, but she was glad that he was going to Hogwarts to learn magic.

“Wait!” she called after Alejandro. She ran up to his window on the train to give Alejandro something that he had dropped.

“Thanks mom,” he said, “Thanks for everything.” If Ginny wasn’t crying before, she was defiantly crying now.

We waved as the train pulled out of the station.

“I’m sure going to miss him,” Ginny whispered. I put my arm around her to comfort her. “Our little conquistador.”
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear