Search:

SIYE Time:6:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Best Gift
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Christmas Challenge (2003-6)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 38
Summary: Response to SIYE Christmas Challenge! Ginny receives the best gift from Harry on Christmas day.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8422







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Yes well I thought I would write a little short Christmas fanfic. I'm still working on IHON and trying to get the next chapter done. It hasn't been easy getting on the computer lately. *sigh* Anyway enjoy and please review!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Disclaimer: Not mine, just the plot.



The Best Gift


“Go upstairs and change this instant! Honestly! Coming into this house in those wet clothes! You would think the two of you have outgrown snowball fights, but obviously not!” Molly Weasley yelled at her laughing daughter and her boyfriend, smiling the whole time.

“He asked for it!” Ginny Weasley pointed an accusing finger at her boyfriend of three and half years. Both were shivering from the recent snowball fight they just had and their winter coats and clothes were soaked.

“I did not ask for anything!” Harry Potter held up his hands innocently.

“Yes you did!” Ginny began to head up the stairs.

“No, I didn’t actually say anything Love. I only put snow down the back of your shirt,” he corrected her and followed her up the stairs.

“You were still asking for it,” she waved it off.

“Well you didn’t have to throw any back,” he said as they headed down the second floor landing.

“What was I suppose to do? Be an easy target?” she turned around and looked at him. He nodded. Ginny rolled her eyes and playfully hit his arm. Harry grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him.

“My, my Miss Weasley, you’re shivering. Anything I can do to help?” he whispered in her ear. Ginny smiled and leaned as close to his ear as possible.

“Perhaps,” she whispered back. He pulled away and raised his eyebrows at her. Ginny smiled sweetly at him and pulled her hand away from his, then turned to walk into her bedroom, Harry following. He seized her behind her waist the moment the door shut and planted kisses on the side of her neck and on her shoulders, trying to pull her shirt off.

“Harry, we can’t,” Ginny stepped away and turned to him. He sighed and looked at her pleadingly.

“But Ginny, we haven’t in a while. You’re always at St. Mungo’s and I’m always off at training for the Aurors,” he took a step towards her, wrapping his arms around her waist. He bent down and kissed her deeply. Ginny let it linger but pulled away the moment she felt his hands reaching beneath her shirt.

“Harry we really can’t. My family is downstairs. If my brothers catch us or worse even worse, my parents do then I don’t know what we’re going to do,” Ginny tried to reason with him. He sighed and let her go. He gave her a quick kiss.

“Fine. I ought to go change then. Meet you downstairs?” he headed to the door, turning to look at her as he placed a hand on the knob. She nodded and Harry left.

Ginny sighed. She desperately wanted to be completely alone with Harry, but it was much too difficult right now. She pulled off her wet clothes and picked out some dry ones. Ginny settled on a pale yellow shirt and a pair of comfortable jeans. She pulled on a pair of thick black socks that she had nicked from Harry’s flat the last time she visited him. Quickly she brushed her hair and pulled it up into a messy ponytail, then headed down the stairs.

It was a few days before Christmas and the whole family was together. Ginny was ecstatic that everyone would be at the Burrow for the holidays. Bill and Fleur had come down from up north with their three year old daughter Arella, Charlie came from Romania and brought his new girlfriend, Jasmine with him. Percy and Penelope had arrived as well. Percy had made amends with the family during Ginny’s fifth year and it had been a slow process for everyone to fully accept his apology and welcome him back to the family. Fred and George came as well, without their girlfriends, Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell. There had apparently been a row and both girls were very angry with their boyfriends at the moment. Ron and Hermione were there, having recently celebrated their three year wedding anniversary. Their constant bickering had reached a new level and Ron was losing every argument. Ginny didn’t understand why he fought with his wife who was five and half months pregnant with twins. Didn’t he know not to mess with a pregnant woman, especially one who was a witch and didn't have her wand very far from her?

And now Harry was there. Her wonderful, sweet Harry. Ginny had been very excited to see him. They had not seen each other for nearly a month. Harry was in his last year of Auror training and he was being worked harder than ever. Ginny was in her second year of training as a Healer at St. Mungo’s, often working strange hours and never knowing when she’d actually have time off. She was thrilled when it was announced that all trainees were being given three weeks off for the holiday. She was even more thrilled to find out that Harry had been given the same off as well.

“Aunt ‘inny!” Arella cried and jumped up at her aunt in surprise as Ginny finally reached the bottom level again.

“Hi Arella!” Ginny greeted her niece as she picked her up. Her strawberry blonde hair shined in the light and her crystal blue eyes twinkled at Ginny.

“Gammie is looking for you,” Arella said and pointed to the kitchen.

“Oh, well thank you very much for telling me,” Ginny smiled at her niece and carried her to the kitchen. Hermione was sitting at the table with Jasmine and Fleur, all drinking hot chocolate. Harry was sitting next to Hermione, in deep conversation with her. Hermione looked up and stopped talking upon seeing Ginny. Harry turned and grinned at her. Ginny smiled back and put Arella down and the little girl ran to the counter and stood on her tiptoes, looking at a plate of freshly baked biscuits.

“Only one Arella,” Molly gave her chocolate chip one. Arella smiled at her grandmother and took the cookie and ran off to show off to Fleur. Fleur picked her up and set her in her lap.

“You wanted me Mum?” Ginny asked.

“Yes dear. Could you go find those boxes of decorations for the tree. Your father and your brothers went off to get the tree and should be back later,” Molly began to arrange the biscuits on a holiday theme plate. Ginny sighed and nodded her head.

“Yes Mum,” Ginny said and walked out the back door to the shed in the garden. Ginny turned on a light and began to rummage through the boxes that had been crammed in there.

“Need help?” a voice asked. Ginny turned around and smiled at the sight of Harry.

“Why not,” she shrugged and began to look for the boxes. She felt him run his hands up her side and onto her stomach. He then began to kiss her neck like he had earlier.

“We’re alone Ginny,” he sang in her ear and nipped at her earlobe. Ginny felt a shudder run through her body and wanted to turn around and push him onto an unoccupied table. But yet, she couldn’t. She had to find those boxes and if she returned much longer than needed, her mother would know she had done something with Harry.

“Harry no,” she pushed his arms off. She heard him groan and turned around. “Maybe you can sneak into my room later on tonight. I’m sure we won’t have too many interruptions then.”

He grinned and nodded at her, then helped her in the search for the boxes of decorations.

Later that night the whole family decorated the tree and had some of Molly’s Christmas biscuits. After all the gaiety was over, everyone went to their rooms for bed. Ginny lied awake and stared out the window. A light snow was falling in the black sky and the pale moon hung in the heavens, stars twinkling next to it. Slowly the door creaked open and Ginny made out a figure of a man. He wore no shirt, but had dark red pajama bottoms and was also barefoot. She smiled knowing that it was Harry and he was taking her up on her offer. Silently he closed the door and Ginny watched as he cast a few spells over the room. He turned around and walked over to her bed, slipping beneath the covers.

“Blimey it’s cold,” he said, settling next to her. Ginny giggled and turned on her side, staring down at him.

“I could warm you up you know,” she said, running a hand down his bare chest.

“I was hoping you would,” he said, gliding a hand up her arm and onto her back. Ginny smiled and kissed him. Before long Harry had rolled them over and their kisses become more and more passionate. Harry trailed kisses down her body, whispering her name at times. Ginny was softly moaning his name and begging for more. Harry only did one thing; gave her more.

In the early morning, Harry gave Ginny one last kiss before he left her room. Ginny smiled and fell fast asleep dreaming of Harry.


* * * * *


It was now Christmas morning and Ginny had noticed that everyone was in a secret and she wasn’t. Everyone kept looking at her and smiling or would suddenly drop conversations whenever she came into the room. For a while she thought they had known about her adventure with Harry in her room a few days ago. She quickly dismissed this when she noticed that no one was doing the same to him and especially after she asked Hermione about it. Hermione had laughed at her and assured her that no one knew.

They all sat in the sitting room around the Christmas tree, opening presents and still clad in their pajamas. Arella had gathered all the ribbons and bows and placed them in her hair and on her pajamas as each present was opened. Fred and George had given everyone a sample set of their latest inventions, including Molly. She had given them a disapproving look and set it off to the side. Molly and Arthur had given everyone the ususal jumper and tin of fudge. Molly had even knitted a jumper for Jasmine. Charlie seemed to had gone on another dragon streak and gave everyone something that had to do with the giant beasts. Hermione had given everyone books, depending on their interests, while Ron had given everyone some sort of Chudley Cannons memorabilia. Bill and Fleur had given everyone something from their last trip to France and Harry gave everyone some sort of trinket from one of the countries he last visited in his training. Ginny had decided to give everyone a book of common health aliments and how to treat them. Ron and Hermione had received various baby things for the twins and Arella was very happy with the amount of toys she received.

Ginny had fun laughing and reliving memories with her family and she sat next to Harry on the couch. She was grateful that he wore his pajama top this morning. There was no telling what she would have done if he came down with his bare chest exposed to all.

“Wow! Thanks Gin!” Harry grinned at her and kissed her cheek after he opened her present to him. He held a gold pocket watch in his hand which had his initials engraved on it. Ginny smiled and carefully opened his gift to her. She uncovered a white picture frame and collage of moving pictures, all of her and Harry. Along the sides of the frame, their names were engraved and on the bottom it read: “True Love”. Ginny couldn’t believe he had given her this. There were pictures of them in their Hogwarts robes and in their Quidditch uniforms. Candid photos from their moments in the Gryffindor common room and out on the grounds. Recent pictures of their times together, including their weekend holiday to France and Ron and Hermione’s wedding.

“Oh Harry!” Ginny looked up at him and smiled broadly.

“Do you like it?” he asked. She nodded then carefully placed it next to her, before throwing her arms around him.

“It’s wonderful! Thanks,” she said and kissed him. He smiled at her.

“There’s one other present for you Love,” he said as she pulled away. “Oi! Ron, hand me that bag will you?”

Ron picked up the huge gift bag and handed it to him.

“Happy Christmas,” Harry said and gave it to her. Ginny took it, wondering what this huge gift contained. So she pulled out colored tissue paper, after colored tissue paper, after colored tissue paper.

“Keep looking, it’s in there,” Harry encouraged her to go on.

Ginny frowned as she kept pulling out the tissue paper. Everyone had stopped and watched her with curious looks. Ginny pulled out another tissue paper and there were no more left.

“Harry nothing’s in here,” she showed him the empty bag. Harry peered in and frowned.

“You must had thrown it out with all that paper. I’ll find it,” Harry said and dropped to the floor. Ginny watched as he crawled around on the floor, shifting through paper, causing Arella to giggle and join him.

“Aha!” Harry cried and stopped just in front of Ginny. “I forgot that I still had it with me!”

He stood on his knees and took something out of his pajama pocket and held it in both of his hands. Suddenly he stood on one knee and opened his hands to her. Ginny gasped and stared at the sparking diamond ring that sat in Harry’s hands. A ring! He gave her a ring! Harry had given her a necklace before and even a bracelet but never a ring. He took her hand in his and then it hit her. Harry on one knee, a ring in one hand, and her hand in his other. . .

“Ginny Weasley,” he said, holding on to her hand and holding the ring out to her, “you have given me so much since I’ve known you. You have never given up on me. You have always been there for me, through good times and bad. Never once did you leave me. You fought with me when I was being unbearable and refused to believe others. You made me realize what was reality. You have been everything to me. You were there with me when the Final Battle took place. You refused to let me give up. You refused to let me think I couldn’t do it. You were right next to me when I finally destroyed Voldemort and you stayed with me. How can I ever thank you for that?

“I never thought I could find someone like you. I never thought, not in a million years, that I could feel love like this, that someone could love me like this. You’re the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last before I sleep at night. You are what gets me through my training Ginny. Knowing that I have you and that you love me, makes me feel like I can do anything. Just thinking of you and your smiling face gets me through all those hard times in training. I thank you Ginny for being in my life. Thank you for giving your heart to me and letting me give you mine.”

Ginny was on the verge of tears and she didn’t care what anyone thought. She stared at him, her love radiating out of her to him. This man, this wonderful man meant everything to her.

“I love you Ginny. I’ve loved you since before our first kiss, since before I even told you that I fancied you. It’s always been there and it’s only gotten stronger. I can’t imagine my life without you and I want to share my life with you, forever. Ginny Weasley, will you marry me?” Harry continued.

Her family was watching them, waiting for her to answer. Ginny stared at him, speechless. He began to look nervous and Ginny realized that she hadn’t spoken for what seemed like minutes. Finally she slowly nodded her head.

“Yes,” she breathed as a smile broke onto her face. “Yes Harry, I’ll marry you!”

Harry grinned and slipped the ring on her left hand ring finger and stood up. Ginny jumped up and threw her arms around him. Her family cheered as Harry and Ginny shared their first kiss as an engaged couple.

This was the best gift Ginny had ever received on Christmas. Better than all the books and trinkets. Better than snow and Christmas biscuits. Better than Christmas dinner. Better than snowball fights and making snow angels. Better than the twinkling Christmas tree decorated in ribbons and ornaments and lights. Better than all the years combined.

Harry and his love for her was the best gift of all.
Reviews 38
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear