Search:

SIYE Time:22:39 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Bite The Dust
By harryluvsginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All, All
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Songfic
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 14
Summary: Cho is at it again! She wants Harry back-badly. The only problem-he has a girlfriend-Ginny. And Ginny isn't gonna let Cho in on her man!
Hitcount: Story Total: 7533



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Ok, I love The Pussycat Dolls Cd, and one of my favorite songs is this one called Bite the Dust and...well you’ll just have to read to find out, lol. Luv ya, Delaney!


A/N-I know this is a really long story, but please-bear eith me! Trust me, you’ll love it!!! And ok, I know Ginny may seem a little Malfoy-esque, but hey, that’s why this is fan fiction and not the actual books! Harry is very lovey-dovey in this, so expect mucho fluff. And, btw, Cho is a bit OOC, but, as I said before, this is fan fiction, and I can do whatever I want to! ; p


Disclaimer: Chocolate’s yummy, but, just like Harry Potter, I am not it’s creator. *Sniff sniff*

-~-~-~-~-~-~

“Gryffindor Wins!” Padma Patil exclaimed into the megaphone, announcing the outcome of the match. It was a windy day and Gryffindor and Ravenclaw had just finished a Quidditch Game. Gryffindor had won when Harry caught the snitch right above the goal hoops.


Madam Hooch had established a new rule where, after the match, both teams had to congratulate each other, whether they won or not. So this is where they were.


Cho had, unfortunately for Ginny (and Harry), gotten over the death of Cedric and had now decided that Harry was what she wanted. This didn’t settle well with either Ginny or Harry, since she was sticking to Harry like a leech. Ginny was close to pulling out her hair.


“Hello Harry,” Cho purred, sliding up to Harry and placing her arms around his neck. Ginny, who was behind Harry, massaging his back, was quickly becoming angry. Luckily, Cho couldn’t see her. But Harry could feel the tension in her movements and was already uncomfortable enough as it was.


“Erm, hello Cho,” Harry relpied uneasily, not wanting her arms around him or her anywhere near him. She had tried many things to get back together with him, but he was happy with Ginny and that was all that mattered to him.


“Nice job Harry. You’re a very good seeker,” she said with a wink, moving herself closer to him.


“Um, thanks Cho, but-“


“Sorry, Cho. Harry has to go now. But thank you for the compliment. We really must be going now,” Ginny chimed in with a false-sweet voice. With that said, she grabbed Harry’s hand and dragged him away to the locker rooms. They entered the room, but Ginny came back out, leaving Harry to change.


She walked right up to Cho and told her exactly what was on her mind.


“Bite the dust Trust me, anything you can do I can do better than you Bite the dust Some things really impossible You're no exception to rules Bite the dust How many times I gotta tell you? He don't even see you Bite the dust You see, I'm really helping you I'm keeping you from looking the fool!”


She left without saying another word and leaving a dumbstruck Cho behind.


She's got a plan to have my man, Ginny thought then said to herself. “She's going to have to deal with me!”


When she got back to the changing rooms, she was seething. You could practically see the anger emanating from her. Harry, who had just finished showering (meaning he was only wearing his boxers and jeans *wink wink*), noticed this and came over to comfort her.


“Gin? What happened,” Harry questioned his enraged girlfriend. He wrapped his arms around her waist, trying to calm her down somewhat. It worked.


Ginny’s anger evaporated within a second at the feel of Harry’s arms around her and his soothing voice in her ear. She sighed and turned around in his arms, linking her arms around his neck.


“Guess,” She replied, snuggling into his arms and burying her head in his chest.


“Cho,” he said wryly, stroking her hair. She nodded, tears coming forth and leaking out onto Harry’s skin.


“Shh...it’s ok Gin...don’t let her get to you...her chasing after me just makes life more fun,” He joked, getting a watery laugh out of her. She tilted her face up, standing on her toes and kissing him softly.


“Oi, would you stop your snogging already,” A disgusted Ron exclaimed, breaking the happy snoggers apart.


“Why? It’s not like you do,” Ginny retorted angrily, smirking as Ron’s face and ears turned the traditional Weasley red. She turned back to Harry, who had a slightly amused smile upon his face.


“What,” She asked, looking like a little girl asking her dad to read her a story.


“You’re just so adorable Gin,” Harry replied, causing to Ginny to blush slightly and smack him on the arm. “Well you are!”


“Yeah, sure,” She said off-handedly. “I’m gonna go take a shower. I’ll be waiting for you,” She finished coyly, gliding her hand down his arm as she made her way to the girl’s shower. He watched her go with a dreamy smile on his face and was only brought out of his day dream by Ron slapping him on the back.


“You ok mate,” Ron questioned upon seeing the expression on Harry’s face.


“Yeah,” Harry dazedly replied. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He finished getting dressed, waiting for his girlfriend to do the same. When she came back out (fully dressed, of course!) She hugged Harry and they left together, completely forgetting about a certain Ravenclaw. What they didn’t notice was a pair of eyes looking at the two of them, a devilish grin on the figure’s face.

-~-~-~-~-~-~

“So, what do you want to do today Gin,” Harry asked her as they strolled through Hogsmeade. He swung their conjoined hands casually, waiting for her response.


“I dunno...how about we...go to Honeydukes! I’m in the mood for fudge,” She nearly screamed, dragging Harry through the crowds, trying to avoid students and adults. He laughed, trying to catch up with his energetic girlfriend.


They got the chocolate and spent the rest of the day together, just walking around, both content and happy. But all good things must come to an end. A sharp giggle came from over Harry’s shoulder and he tensed trying to look for a quick exit.


“Harry,” An annoyingly sweet voice cried. There was Cho, rushing towards them with a smile that made it seem as if she was their close personal friend, which she wasn’t. Far from it! Ginny bristled, her anger mounting as Cho moved closer.


“How are you,” She asked, acting as if Ginny were not there.


“I’m fine,” Harry replied in a leery manner. “Ginny and I were just going to head over to The Three Broomsticks,” As Harry said this, she seemed to have just noticed he was not alone.


“Oh, who are you,” She said, regarding Ginny with narrowed eyes.


“I’m Ginny-Harry’s girlfriend,” She told her, putting extra emphasis on the last word. She stuck her hand out in a “friendly” manner, but Cho ignored it and turned back to Harry. Ginny dropped her hand, curling it into a fist.


“Yeah, Gin and I have been going out for awhile now. You know that, don’t you,” Harry continued, trying to get away from the girl who was (unsuccessfully) trying to steal his heart.


“Why no, I didn’t,” She gasped in mock surprise. It didn’t fool either of them. “I’m so happy for the two of you!”


“Thanks, but we really must be going now. Nice talking to you Cho,” Ginny told her, and, once more, dragging Harry off.


Cho seethed, another of her plans gone down the drain. She was going to get Harry, no matter what it took. With that thought in mind, she set off back to the castle.


“Merlin, she’s the devil’s spawn,” Ginny yelled after bringing Harry and herself to The Three Broomsticks. They had a table in the back, so no one could hear them.


“Gin, you know she’s not going to win, right? You know you’re the one I want, don’t you,” Harry questioned her, placing his hand on top of hers, fiddling with her fingers.


“Oh Harry, of course I know that. It’s just frustrating,” She said, smiling slightly and an evil spark in her eyes.


“What are you up to Gin?”


“Nothing you need to worry about, love...” She told him, a plan formulating in her mind.


Ooh, sugar I got him I got 20/20 vision I can see that you want my man Ooh, sugar I got him 'Cause it's my job To make you understand Ooh, sugar I got him Try to make a move And I'm on him like 5-0 Ooh, sugar I got him So you can go 'Cause I got him


“Alright, you wanna get something to eat,” Harry hoped she wasn’t gonna do something she would regret, but he decided to let it slide for now.


“Oh, sure! Hmm...let’s get...the Cauldron Chowder,” Ginny said, thinking it looked quite delicious.


“Good choice, you two,” Madam Rosmerta replied, having just come over to the table. “Anything else?”


“Two Butterbeers, please,” Harry told her, smiling at Ginny goofily. She giggled and lightly blushed.


“Coming right up,” Madam Rosmerta said, jotting it down, seemingly oblivious to the couple’s antics.


“What, do I have something on my face,” Ginny questioned at the look on Harry’s face.


“Nope, you’re just too cute for words,” He replied, staring intently into her eyes-those gorgeous brown eyes that he loved.


“Thanks. You’re not so bad yourself,” She replied, smiling coquettishly. He smiled flirtatiously back, his eyes swimming with love and desire.


When the food came, they ate and talked about nothing in particular, just loving the other’s company. They finished their meal, paid, and left in a comfortable mood.


“So, Gin, did you enjoy your Hogsmeade trip with me,” Harry asked after they got inside a carriage.


“Harry, you know any day I spend with you I love,” She replied, staring into his eyes, the eyes that could make her go weak in the knees, the beautiful eyes that had captured her heart.


“I love you,” Harry replied in a defiant matter.


“I love you, too,” Ginny told him, resting her hand on his cheek. Harry leaned in and placed his lips softly on hers. They were only broken apart by the carriage hitting a bump in the road. Harry sighed, realizing the day was over. Ginny noticed.


“What’s the matter,” She asked in a concerned voice.


“The day’s almost done. I don’t want it to be. I like spending time like this with you,” Harry said in a sad voice.


“Oh Harry, we can still spend time together. Trust me,” Ginny told him in a knowing yet loving voice. “Will have plenty of time to spend together. We’re going to get sick of each other we’ll spend so much of our time together.” Harry laughed at this.


“You’re right, Gin. I’m already starting to get sick of you,” He replied grinning, earning a smack on his arm. She snuggled into his arms, happy to have Harry. He stroked her hair, lucky to have Ginny.

-~-~-~-~-~-~
“Hey Harry, I’m gonna go change, I’ll meet you outside the Portrait Hole, ok,” Ginny told her boyfriend, kissing him on the cheek when he nodded before disappearing behind the portrait.


“Hello Harry,” A seductive voice called from behind Harry. He groaned inwardly.


“Cho, just stop trying. I don’t like you, I never really have. So just leave me alone,” Harry told her, sick of her and her completely useless attempts at him.


“Oh, but Harry, don’t you think I’m at least attractive,” She asked in a sad voice, and he could practically see the pout on her lips. She came in front of him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He turned his head away in disgust.


“Leave. Me. Alone,” Harry stated through gritted teeth.


“You know you want me Harry,” She said in a knowing voice.


“No, I don’t, so-so...sod off,” He replied, ripping her hands away.


Luckily, the portrait started opening at that moment.


“Until next time, Harry,” Cho replied, trailing her hand down his arm. He sneered at her.


“Are you ready, Harry,” Ginny asked, emerging from the portrait hole.


“Yeah, let’s go,” Harry replied, grabbing her hand and entwining their fingers.


“Are you ok,” Ginny asked in a soft tone. He looked kinda...sick.


“Yeah, just...Cho tried to seduce me...again,” Harry replied, looking at her with a pleading look. He wanted her to believe that he didn’t like her, that he was sick of her, that he wanted Ginny and no one else.


“Merlin, I’m about to kill that woman,” Ginny replied, anger erupting in her eyes.


“Gods Ginny, I didn’t realize you were so violent and hostile,” He replied with a curious, yet, cautious, stare. She gave him a knowing look.


“Fine, I did. I just didn’t think you would be this way about me,” Harry replied, looking away.


“Harry,” she started, placing her hand on his cheek and making him look at her. “You know I’d do anything for you.” He gave her a “your perfect, yet you scare me” look.


“Come on, love, let’s go. I’m hungry,” She said, dragging him with her.


“You’re definitely Ron’s sister,” He replied, grinning cheekily.


“Don’t forget my streak of insane fun,” she told him. “That’s how you know I’m related to Fred and George.”


“That I won’t forget, love. That I won’t forget,” He told her, kissing her hand. She giggled and they went to the Great Hall.


When they made it there, they found seats across from Ron and Hermione. Cho, who was sitting at the Ravenclaw table, waved to Harry who didn’t even bother to respond.


“Wut look blu fo rong,” Ron asked with his mouth full of food.


“In Ron-speak, he means what took you so long,” Hermione continued, while Ron nodded his agreement.


“We had an intervention with the Devil,” Ginny replied, piling peas and potatoes on her plate. Ron gave her a quizzical look.


“The Devil,” He asked, his eyes bugging out.


“She means Cho, Ron,” Hermione replied, having been told all about Cho’s psychotic flirtation by both Harry and Ginny.


“Oh,” He replied, then looked even more dumbfounded than before. “What has Cho got to do with the Devil?”


“Erm..” Harry started, not really sure how to tell his best friend, his girlfriend’s brother, the situation.


“She’s trying to get Harry back, even though she knows we’re together,” Ginny replied, not looking up from gathering food.


“What,” Ron’s eyes became saucers as he looked between Harry and Ginny. “How come no one ever told me?”


“We didn’t know how to, Ron,” Hermione told him, looking bashful. “How do you tell someone with extremely protective brotherly skills that his sister’s boyfriend has a-a...,” She searched for the right word. “A crazy person chasing after him.”


“Well, you could’ve just told me,” He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.


“Ok, well we didn’t know,” Hermione said sharply.


“Well, now you do,” Ron replied hotly.


“Oh please! It doesn’t matter anyways,” She said then started eating again.


“Yes, it does!”


“No it doesn’t!”


“Yes!”


“No!”


“Yes!”


“No!”


“Here they go again,” Harry muttered to Ginny. She giggled behind her hand.


“No!”


“Yes!”


“N o!”


“Would you two quit it already,” Ginny snapped, making Ron and Hermione shut up immediately. “Thank you!”


“Hi,” A soft voice said before Cho appeared, moving in between Harry and Ginny. Ginny scowled while Harry grimaced.


“What is it Cho,” Harry said as politely as possible.


“I just wanted to say hello to my boyfriend,” She replied, smiling and placing her arms on one of his shoulders.


“Well, than go find him,” Harry replied before getting up and taking Ginny with him. She didn’t object.


“Leave. NOW,” Ron told Cho, who had a baffled expression on her face. When Ron said leave, she snapped out of it and did as was told.


“We’ll she ever get it,” Hermione asked Ron after Cho left.


Will you? Ron’s inner voice said. He shook his head before replying. “Most likely, no, but that’s her fault.” He returned to his food, ignoring the puzzled expression on Hermione’s face.

-~-~-~-~-~

“Harry stop,” Ginny giggled, trying unsuccessfully to swat Harry’s hands away.


“Why? You are my girlfriend, so why can’t I kiss you,” He replied, resuming his attack on her neck. They had just exited the Great Hall after Cho’s escapade, annoyed with her and her unhealthy want of Harry. They had both been angry, but Harry had come up with a different way of getting over it.


“Yes, but, *giggle* it tickles *snort* stop!”


“Oh come on, Gin! You know you like it,” He told her in a sing-song voice.


“Harry!”


“What?”


“Stop!”


“No,” He replied forcefully, moving to kiss her shoulder. She turned around in his arms (he was holding onto her waist from behind), staring intently into his eyes. She could see desire, mirth, and love. She stood on tiptoes, kissing him tenderly. He, of course, kissed her back. They stayed that way, basking in their love, only the two of them. Until...


“Oh Harry,” A shrill voice called and they broke apart. They both glared at the figure.

“What do you want now, Cho,” Harry asked, keeping his arms around Ginny’s waist.


“I just wanted to talk,” She said in a fake-sad voice.


“Well we don’t want to talk to you,” Harry replied, moving to leave, but Ginny held him back.


“You go, I’ll be there in a few minutes,” She said, smiling. He smiled back, nodded, then left. Ginny turned around, facing Cho with an evil look


“Bite the dust Big girl, I really hope You get the message I'm trying to convey,” Ginny started, moving closer with every word.


“Bite the dust 'Cause you're pushing me to the edge And I ain't got time to play Bite the dust How many times I got to tell you? He's where he wants to be Bite the dust Keep on, act like you didn't know My hands going to do the talking today”


When she finished her “speech” she did exactly what she said she would. Her hand flew to Cho’s face and smacked her clear across her cheek. Cho stumbled back, the impact leaving a bright red hand print. Cho looked scared and pained, but Ginny didn’t care. She deserved it! She smirked and turned around and left.


When she made it back to Gryffindor Tower, Harry was nowhere in sight. Sadly, she started towards the staircase when Hermione came out of nowhere. Ginny screamed.


“Merlin’s beard, Hermione! Don’t scare me like that,” Ginny said, her hand over her rapidly beating heart.


“Sorry Gin. Didn’t mean to,” The older girl said, looping her arm through Ginny’s. She took them up to the Girl’s Staircase, plopping them down on her bed.


“Now, tell me what’s wrong,” She started. Upon seeing Ginny’s confused stare, she continued. “I know you well enough to see when you’re upset.” Ginny sighed.


“Well, I was hoping to find Harry in the Common Room, but he wasn’t,” She told her friend.


“Oh, he went flying with Ron. Is that it?”


“No.”


“Well, what else is bothering you?”


Ginny looked up into Hermione’s caring, warm eyes.


“It’s Cho,” She told her. “I-I...slapped her,” She finished quietly. Hermione didn’t say anything.


“Well?”


“Way to go Ginny!”


“Hermione! I would’ve thought you would be lecturing me about how violence isn’t the answer!”


“Well, it isn’t,” Hermione said knowingly. “But you’re my best friend and I know how much Cho has been getting on your nerves. It’s just...it’s ok because she probably deserved it!” Ginny laughed.


“That’s what I thought when I saw her face afterwards!” Hermione laughed with her. “She's got a plan to have my man! She's going to have to deal with me! That’s my motto!”


“Ooh, sugar I got him I got 20/20 vision I can see that you want my manOoh, sugar I got him 'Cause it's my job To make you understand Ooh, sugar I got him Try to make a move And I'm on him like 5-0 Ooh, sugar I got him So you can go 'Cause I got him.”


“Good for you, Gin,” Hermione smiled at her friend and the conversation was then switched to Ron and his hopeless idiocy. They spent the rest of the afternoon giggling and talking about anything and everything.

-~-~-~-~-~

“So, mate, how’s Ginny taking this whole thing with Cho,” Ron asked Harry as they started walking towards the locker rooms.


“Eh,” Harry replied. He wasn’t really sure, but he could tell she wasn’t happy with it. “She’s not joyed with it, I mean, she’s not openly saying she hates her...well, actually she is. It’s just, I don’t think she’s ready to kill Cho, or at least I don’t think she will.” Ron laughed.


“Yeah, I don’t think she’ll kill Cho either, maybe hit her and call her names, but not kill her.” Harry laughed at this.


“Yeah, you’re probably right.” tThey continued walking to the locker rooms in silence, both thinking of their loves (or at least thinking about their girlfriend and wanna-have-as-a-girlfriend.)

-~-~-~-~-~

“Harry,” Ginny cried when Harry and Ron entered the Common Room, sweaty and hot (temperature and sexy hot!).


“Oh, hey Gin,” He replied uncomfortably, realizing he had practically stood her up for her brother.


“Erm...” She said eloquently upon seeing his t-shirt sticking to his chest and his hair even messier than before. Boy did he look good!


“Yes,” Harry said slowly, a quizzical look in his emerald eyes.


“I...umm...” < br>

“You what Gin?” Harry asked again, not getting where she was coming from. Ron and Hermione (who had been studying, but looked up when Ginny had shouted) watched with equally amused faces the interaction between the two.


“I need you to come with me,” She murmured, grabbing Harry’s hand and exiting through the Portrait Hole. When it slammed shut, Ron and Hermione burst out laughing, as Ron came to sit next to her on the couch, surprising them both.

-~-~-~-~-~

“Gin,” Harry half-laughed, half-spoke. “Where are we going?”


“Somewhere,” Ginny replied shortly, dragging him around a corner. They stopped at...


“A broom closet,” Harry asked, turning to his (possibly crazy) girlfriend.


“Yes, so we can do this,” She said, placing her arms around his neck and putting her lips into his. They stumbled into the closet awkwardly, shutting the door behind them blindly. He pushed her against the wall, causing her to moan.


“Gods, I love you,” Ginny mumbled against his lips, raking her fingers through his hair.


“Mmm, I love you, too,” Harry replied distractedly, moving his hands down to her waist, pulling her closer. He moaned into her mouth as her tongue begged for entrance into his mouth. Finally, after nearly fainting with desire, he let her in.


Who knew how long they stayed that way, snogging each other into oblivion in a broom closet. They didn’t care, they only paid attention to each other.


“That was...,” Ginny panted, after they pulled away. “Good.” Harry grinned.


“It was way better than good Gin. That was bloody brilliant!”


“That it was, love, that it was,” She agreed, grabbing his tie and dragging him out of the closet. She dropped her hand from his tie, grabbing his hand instead and lacing their fingers together. They strolled through the hallways, no need to rush, just happy to have someone to love.


Everything would have been fine except-


“May I interrupt,” Ginny’s new worst enemy’s voice vibrated in the nearly empty hall.


“No, you may not,” Harry snapped, turning around and leaving before Cho could utter another a word.


“Give it up, Cho! You won’t win,” Ginny sneered, before following after Harry’s retreating form.


I know what she wants She's got a plan to have my man She's going to have to deal with me


Ooh, sugar I got him I got 20/20 visionI can see that you want my man Ooh, sugar I got him 'Cause it's my job To make you understand Ooh, sugar I got him Try to make a move And I'm on him like 5-0 Ooh, sugar I got him So you can go 'Cause I got him


-~-~-~-~-~

“Hey Ginny, Harry! Over here,” Ron called as the two entered the hall for dinner looking rather disgruntled.


“What happened to you two,” Ron asked, obviously ignoring their angry faces and evil glare.


“We’d rather not talk about it Ron,” Harry said through gritted teeth.


“Ok, whatever you say,” Ron said, putting his hands up in defense.


Just then Cho sauntered in, smiling, looking like God’s little angel. Harry and Ginny pretended to gag, trying to ignore her. Harry grabbed Ginny’s thigh underneath the table, causing her to squeal in surprise, but she bit her lip to muffle the sound. Harry smiled nonchalantly at her while she glared playfully at him.


“What’s going on with you two,” Ron asked, not comprehending their couple behavior.


“Nothing,” They said in unison, smiling to themselves. Ron was so clueless sometimes!


“Ok,” Ron said suspiciously, then shrugged his shoulders returning to his food.


“Say, where’s Hermione,” Harry asked the red head opposite him. Ron blushed bright red.


“Erm, I-I dunno...uh, maybe she’s...studying...,” Ron stuttered uneasily.


“Ok...sure, ” Ginny told him slowly, eyeing him curiously.


“Why are you asking me,” Ron asked, his flustered mind not working right.


“Because we weren’t here Ron,” Ginny told him as if he were a two year old.


“So, do you have a lot of homework Gin,” Ron asked, trying to steer the conversation in a different direction. Harry and Ginny decided to surpass his awkwardness and dinner was (as usual) filled with food and polite conversations rather than no food (they’d be too busy arguing and being flustered) and bad topics.

-~-~-~-~-~

“Hermione! Where were you at dinner,” A curious Ginny asked as she entered the 7th Year Girl’s Dormitory. Hermione was sitting on her bed, reading a muggle book. She looked up when Ginny entered and blushed a bright red that could match a Weasley’s hair at Ginny’s question.


“Hermione,” Ginny asked suspiciously. “Is there something going on between you and my thick as skin brother?”


“No,” Hermione squeaked, still red.


“Spill,” Ginny exclaimed, pouncing on Hermione’s bed and closing her book.


“Well,” Hermione started slowly. “Erm...we umm...I...”


“Come on Hermione! Just tell me,” Ginny shouted impatiently.


“Ok, ok,” Hermione said, putting her hands up defensively. “He took me to the Room of Requirements and he walked past it three times,” She paused, but continued upon seeing Ginny’s eager face.


“He opened the door for me and guided me in. And, I gasped because the room was very romantic.” Ginny’s eyes lit up at this, thinking that maybe her brother wasn’t as thick as she thought he was.


“It was really pretty. There were flowers everywhere-hanging from the ceiling, on the walls. The petals were even on the floor. And, guess what? They were my favorite-hibiscus (I couldn’t think of a better flower-sue me!)! And Ron remembered! I only told him once and he remembered!”


“Well, anyways, there was a couch in the mist of all of the flowers, rather similar to the one in the Gryffindor common room. But, there was also a loveseat! A loveseat Ginny,” She squealed, something Hermione didn’t do very often.


“And, he grabbed my hand and brought us over to the loveseat and said ‘sit’ gently. I, of course, did as was told and sat.” Ginny giggled at this. Hermione smiled.


“After I sat down, he sat down next to me,” Hermione’s smile broadened, as did Ginny’s. they both squealed in happiness before Hermione continued yet again.


“He started telling me how he broke up with Lavender and how he had always liked me and how stupid he felt for not asking me to the Yule Ball before Viktor did, of course he called him Krum. He started saying how he loved me,” Ginny gasped before embracing Hermione in a sisterly hug.


“Oh Hermione! I’m so happy for you! But why didn’t you come to dinner?”


“Ron fed my appetite,” She replied, smiling wistfully.


“Eww! Gross Hermione! I definitely don’t need to hear this. He’s my brother for Merlin’s sake!” Ginny pretended to gag, although Hermione didn’t notice. She was too busy off in dream land.


“Hermione...! Yoo Hoo! Over Here,” Ginny sang, waving her arms in front of Hermione’s face. She snapped out of it.


“Oh, right, sorry,” She told her, giving her friend an uncomfortable, guilty look. Ginny smiled as if to say “it’s alright” and patted her friend’s arm. Hermione laughed.


“What,” Ginny asked as Hermione cracked up.


“I just *gasp* find it funny *snort* that I’m ‘gushing’ about *giggle* Ron to you. It used to *snort* be you talking about Harry and...and now here we are,” Hermione finished, catching her breath.


“Right,” Ginny said slowly, not getting anything Hermione was talking about. “Let’s just stick to talking about our guys and how Parvati keeps getting thinner every day.” Hermione and Ginny laughed together, glad that things hadn’t changed between them now that they both had boyfriends.

-~-~-~-~-~

“So, Ron, are you gonna tell me why Hermione wasn’t at dinner or am I gonna have to force it out of you,” Harry asked as they casually made their way of the Gryffindor Tower.


“Erm...,” Ron started. “Fine! I’ll tell you.” Harry smiled smugly while Ron gathered his thoughts together.


“Ok, see the thing is...Hermione and me...we...well see the thing is....I...uh...ItodherIlovdherantwekista ntnowweresortagoinout,” Ron told him all in one breath. Harry stared dumbfounded.


“Pardon? ”


“Ok,” Ron took another deep breath and repeated (slower this time) what he said. “I told her I loved her and we kissed and now we’re kinda...going out,” He finished lamely. Harry didn’t say anything of r a few moments.


“Way to go, mate,” Harry said, slapping Ron lightly on the back. Ron grinned back, placing his arm around his friends shoulders. They walked through the Portrait Hole together, spotting Hermione and Ginny in a corner, giggling and chatting away and they made their way over to their respective girlfriends.

-~-~-~-~-~

Harry was awoken to a tapping on his dorm window. He blearily wiped his eyes, opening the window. A tawny owl flew in, landing on Harry’s beside table. Harry extracted the letter carefully from the bird’s beak, waiting for it to leave. The owl just sat there, looking at Harry expectantly. Harry sighed, opening the drawer and giving the bird one of Hedwig’s treats. It nibbled it then flew out the window. Harry closed the window, looking at the letter in his hands curiously. He opened it up. It read:



Har ry- Please meet me in the hallway near the Great Hall at 8:00. We need to talk. -Cho


< br> Should he? After all that Cho had out him and Ginny through? I mean, she had been trying to get Harry back for a while now and neither him nor Ginny appreciated it. And then there was Ginny-she would need to know! But, he should probably give Cho a chance, so he would do as she asked and meet her, but not without Ginny knowing first.


He got out of bed, knowing going back to sleep was useless. He headed down the staircase, deciding he could change later. He plopped down on the couch, waiting for Ginny to come down. He looked towards the dwindling fire and sighed, realizing it was going to be a very long wait.

-~-~-~-~-~

“Yeah, it was so funny watching you two around each other,” A familiar voice laughed from the Girl’s staircase as Harry sat up from his comfortable laying position.


“Shut up Ginny,” Another voice retorted as Hermione and Ginny came into view, still in their pajamas. They looked away from each other and smiled when they saw Harry.


“Finally,” Harry exclaimed. They gave him a questioning look. “I’ve been waiting since the crack of dawn for you!”


“Why,” Ginny asked, moving to the couch and sitting next to him.


“This,” He said, pulling out the letter and handing it to Ginny. She opened it and read it a few times, before looking back up at Harry and folding the letter again, handing it to him.


“I think you should go,” Ginny said firmly. “I think you should get this over with once and for all!”


“Yeah, that’s what I think, too,” He replied, kissing her softly. When they broke apart, she looked at him quizzically.


“What was that for? Not that I didn’t like it,” She asked him, smiling wickedly.


“That,” Harry replied, running his hands through her hair. “Was for you being such a great girlfriend. And for being so understanding.”


“What can I say? I’m a natural,” She told him, causing them both to laugh.


Hermione, who had gone up the boys staircase in order to find her boyfriend and wake him, came back down with a grumbling Ron. She smiled at the couple on the couch, moving to sit in a chair while Ron sat on the floor in a huff.


“Well it looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” Ginny said playfully as Ron growled at her.


“Well aren’t you grumpy,” Harry continued, biting back a laugh.


“Shut up, both of you,” Ron retorted, trying to look angry but failing miserably. Hermione snorted but kept quiet besides that.


“Ok, I’m hungry. Let’s go down for breakfast,” Ron said, moving to get up.


“Ron, it’s barely 7:00! Breakfast is barely ready,” Hermione told him, pulling him back down. He landed with a ‘thump’ and scowled at Hermione, who looked guilty.


“Sorry,” She said softly, looking very uneasy. He smiled at her reassuringly and she breathed a sigh of relief.


“Alright, let’s do something to pass the time,” Ginny said, resting her head on Harry’s shoulder.


“Ok, let’s...,” Ron started, thinking (he could think?!) of something to do. “Let’s play chess!” Everyone groaned.


“Come on, Ron,” Hermione said shaking her head. “You’re the only one who likes chess. Let’s just talk.”


“Alright, fine. As long as Harry and Ginny don’t mind-do you,” He asked swiveling his head in their direction. They shook their heads, telling Ron they didn’t mind. He smiled, beginning a conversation on how Seamus and Lavender were completely clueless for not getting back together after their break up.


“Not as clueless as you two were,” Harry replied, smiling as Ron and Hermione blushed bright red while Ginny laughed loudly.


“Well, we eventually figured it out,” Ron mumbled, his cheeks and ears still red.


“Ok, ok,” Ginny giggled. “Did you hear what Pansy Parkinson said to Malfoy after he told her she needed to get a life?”


“No,” Harry replied, looking at Ginny curiously amused. “What did she say?”


“She told him ‘Why don’t you go hang out with your true love, Gregory! You and Vincent seem to think he is such a god-like he’s Merlin!’ and then she burst into tears, running towards the Slytherin Tower,” At this, everyone burst out laughing.


“Hey Hermione, what time is it,” Harry asked as they continued talking about nothing.


“Erm,” She said, looking at the watch her parents bought her for Christmas. “It’s about...hmm...7:45,” She said, wondering how the time past by fast.


“Well, let’s go get dressed,” Ron said, hopping up and dragging Harry with him. Harry groaned inwardly, realizing it was closer to meeting with Cho. Ginny gave him a sympathetic look as he disappeared up the stairs.


The four got dressed and ready, meeting back up in the Common Room. Ron and Hermione headed out first, ignoring everything but each other, while Harry and Ginny walked at a slower pace behind them.


“Ok, here’s the plan,” Ginny said, turning towards Harry. “You’re going to talk to Cho for about 10 minutes and if your not back in the Great Hall in ten minutes,” she said, emphasizing ‘ten minutes.’ “I will be out here. In ten minutes,” And with a smile and a wave, she hurried up to Ron and Hermione, who had just entered the hall. Harry watched her form, smiling to himself. He shook his head-it wasn’t time for that! Then thought to himself We’re already at the Hall?


Ok Potter. No more messing with Cho! You are going to stop her once and for all! Harry told himself, then laughed at the seriousness of his thoughts. He gathered himself together, looking around for any sign of Cho. When he didn’t see her, he leaned against a wall comfortably and waited.


“Oh Harry,” A familiar voice greeted. Harry’s head turned towards the sound and he nearly choked when he saw what Cho was wearing. It was a....Well he wasn’t really sure how to describe it. It was short, and kind of like a nightgown, but it wasn’t. It had spaghetti straps just barely reached her knees. Covered in red flowers and having a pink fabric, Harry decided it was very unappealing on Cho. Although if he saw Ginny in that...well, let’s just say he wouldn’t be able to control himself.


“Erm, Cho,” Harry started, grimacing as she looked at him intently, paying no attention to his obvious discmofort. “Aren’t you worried someone is going to see you in...that?”


“O h, don’t worry Harry,” Cho replied, moving closer to him. “No one besides you can see this. Although thank you for caring,” She continued with a saucy wink.


“Cho, will you stop trying to be with me. I love Ginny and she is all I need. Why can’t you get it through your thick head that I don’t like you! So just leave me alone!”


“Well Harry,” She told him, pushing him against the wall. He gulped, knowing this could not be good. “Why don’t I let you see what your missing.”


As Cho’s face came closer, Harry began to panic.Come on Ginny! Harry’s inner voice screamed. Let the ten minutes be over!


And, as if she could read his mind, Ginny appeared, wand in hand, her face glowing red with anger.


“Cho! Get away from Harry,” She spoke through gritted teeth. “I will give you three seconds to get your hands off of him! One...” Cho seemed unfazed.


“Two...” Ginny gave a loud growl and Cho’s eyes widened before her hands dropped to her side and she took a step back from Harry.


“Good thing I didn’t get to three or you would’ve been in bad shape,” Ginny glared at the terrified witch before she marched up to her defiantly.


“Bite the dust I got 20/20 vision I can see that you want my man Bite the dust 'Cause it's my job To make you understand Bite the dust Try to make a move And I'm on him like 5-0 Bite the dustSo you can go 'Cause I got him!


“Do you understand now, Cho? Because if you don’t, you don’t want to know what I’ll do to you,” Ginny sneered at her. Harry, who was still against the wall, stared at his girlfriend, half nervous of what she might do, half pleased of her protectiveness.


Cho didn’t say a word. She just stood there, her jaw nearly on the floor, her face full of fear. Without replying, she turned around and ran all the way towards the Ravenclaw, her “outfit” billowing with the wind she was causing.


“Wow Gin,” Harry said after Cho disappeared from site. Ginny’s eyes moved to Harry, whose face was lit up in a mischievous grin. Her eyes softened as her hand dropped down to her side limply. She smiled back at him, her eyes glinting with devilry.


“Your other girl bites the dust,” She told him as his grin widened, taking her hand and pulling her into the closest broom closet. And not another word was uttered about Cho or her no longer existent escapades.


REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW (Review so many times it doesn’t even sound like a word anymore!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear