Search:

SIYE Time:23:38 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ginny's Charm
By MyGinevra

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 9
Summary: A short, fluffy slice of marital life. The quartet take a break from their wizarding duties...
Hitcount: Story Total: 10272



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
There is some moderate language and a sexual reference in the story. The R-rating I give it is more in the way of caution than real raunch. It is a very short piece, more like a vignette than a story, although there is an idea in it I might pursue in another story.




ChapterPrinter


It was a warm summer morning at the Burrow, and Harry and Ginny Potter were still lazing in bed. Ginny was reading the Daily Prophet which had just been delivered through the open window by Hedwig, who was now sitting on her perch preening. Harry was browsing through one of the Muggle magazines that Granddad liked to keep around the house; even several years after his retirement from the Ministry he still had what some considered an unnatural interest in Muggles and their strange lifestyles. Harry could hear him down in the garden with some of the grandchildren, hexing gnomes for them. Harry could also hear cooking noises from the kitchen where Grandmum was fixing breakfast with help from some of the other grandkids.

Harry and Ginny liked to come down to the Burrow from Hogwarts as often as possible during the summer. Harry needed a break from the vast duties of Headmaster, which, as the youngest in the history of the school, he still sometimes struggled with even three years after the retirement of Minerva McGonagall. To Ginny, of course, the Burrow would always be home. With the children a little older she was now able to spend more time on her teaching duties as Charms instructor at Hogwarts, and so she also needed a break from her job.

This vacation had been made especially pleasant with the arrival the day before of Ron and Hermione with more grandchildren. They had time these days to come up from London now that Hermione had the Ministry so well organized and running so smoothly. And the peacefulness of the wizarding world had left Ron with not much to do as Head Auror; most violations of the Dark Arts prohibitions resulted from the idle curiosity of young wizards and witches about the Second War.

As Harry lay in bed, he thought about yesterday evening outside by the garden, and the warm time they had, they always had, with Ron and Hermione. Of course, whenever the Potters got together with the Granger-Weasleys the conversation inevitably turned to Quidditch, often to the annoyance of Hermione.

“Honestly, Ginny,” she had complained at one point, “why do you encourage them? They’ll go on forever about blocking maneuvers and pattern passing without your help. You just add to the boredom.”

Ginny laughed. She was sitting next to Harry whose hand was on her knee. It was after dinner, the children were asleep, and the four of them were enjoying the darkness and soft breezes.

“Ron,” Ginny said, “did you know that the Minister of Magic had such in—depth knowledge of Quidditch tactics?”

Ron took a swig from his butterbeer. “Sure. What doesn’t she have in-depth knowledge of? I bet she could write a book about it. Let’s see, what should we call it? How about Brooms and Bludgers: The Quidditch Widow’s Guide, by One of Them?”

Now Hermione laughed. “How do you know I didn’t write it?”

Ron smiled and shrugged, then turned to Harry. “Say, mate, I was busy making paper broomsticks in the office the other day, and I had a great idea. You know how you’re always after me to give a talk to the seventh years on Defense Against?”

Harry nodded. He had wanted to bring Ron in for occasional lectures. Ron, he knew, would make a lousy full—time teacher, but what he really wanted was to find a way to get Ron up to school more often. He missed him; he missed talking to him; he missed flying with him. “‘Course I didn’t forget. Did you change your mind?”

“Nah. The thought of standing up in front of a bunch of smart—ass know—it—alls like we were is not my idea of a day off. Nope. I have a better idea. Hire me as Gryffindor’s Quidditch coach.”

Hermione spit a mouth—full of butterbeer all over herself and started laughing hysterically. “Oh, Ron,” she spluttered between gasps. “That’s a wonderful idea.” She bent over double, laughing. “Instead of standing up in front of the dear smart—asses you can sit on a broomstick and have your day off twenty feet up in the air, in front of the darling smart—asses.” She fell off her chair laughing.

“Ha, ha,” said Ron. He ignored her and turned to Harry, “What do you think? They haven’t done too well lately. They could use some help.”

Harry, who had not even tried to keep a straight face, laughed. “Well, considering the flak I took when I hired Ginny, what do you think the Games Office would say if I hired my best friend to replace a student team captain? Besides, wouldn’t that be up to the House Head?” He turned to his wife and rubbed his hand on her thigh.

Now it was Ginny’s turn to laugh again. “No problem. Ronald Weasley, by the authority vested in me by the Minister of Magic —“ she looked at Hermione who nodded solemnly “— and by the Department of Magical Games and Sports, I hereby appoint you as know—it—all coach of the smart—ass Gryffindor Quidditch team.”

Everyone laughed, even Ron.

And so the evening went on, the four friends talking and laughing long into the night. Finally Ginny yawned and stood up, and the others also got up. They walked back into the house together and said good night on the first floor landing. Ron and Hermione went up to Ron’s attic room; Ron’s arm was around her shoulders and she was nibbling on his ear. Harry and Ginny watched them go and then went into her room. Eventually they fell asleep.

As Harry was thinking about last evening, smiling as he remembered the conversation, he flipped casually through the Muggle magazine.

“I don’t get this,” he said, stopping at an advertisement. “What the heck is this stuff? They don’t tell you, they assume you know what it is already.” He showed the ad to Ginny.

“Ah,” she said. “Viagra. It’s something that wizards don’t need. I’ll show you.” She took her wand from her night stand and pointed it. “But this is something you certainly never needed. Engorgio!

“I see,” said Harry, moving toward her. “By the way, what exactly are you teaching in your Charms classes?” Ginny giggled.

Hedwig looked at them for a moment, and then politely flew out the window.
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear