Search:

SIYE Time:18:52 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


How Many Wishes Will It Take...Before You're Mine
By harryluvsginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: Every year, Ginny's wished for one thing-Harry Potter. But will her wish ever come true? Or will she a have a hopeless love life for the rest of her life?
Hitcount: Story Total: 15576







ChapterPrinter


I luv you, ppls! Review me!

Disclaimer: Inside Joke- “I just hatched an idea.” “Lay it on me.” “Let’s make these things called fan fics, where we take other ppls universes and make our own versions of them. And we have to make sure we say it belongs to the actual author (a.k.a.-J.K. Rowling).” “That’s a great idea! Let’s do it!”
-~-~-~-~-~-~

“Come on, Gin, play with us. You’re the ‘Birthday Girl’ after all, so you should be having the most fun out of all of us.” Fred Weasley tried to coax his sister. It was August 11th-Ginny’s Birthday and Fred and George had made a new product-Truth or Dare: Extreme!.

Ginny, who had been busy reading a muggle book called The Secret Garden (Hermione gave it to her as a present-“You need to read more often!”), looked up with a scowl on her face. “Yes, I am the ‘Birthday Girl’ and that means I can do whatever I want, and right now, I want to read!”

“Please Ginny, it’s fun,” her gaze switched from her brother to Harry, who was looking at her with pleading eyes. She sighed, knowing she wouldn’t be able to refuse those gorgeous green eyes. Especially when they were looking at her like that.

“Fine, fine, I’m coming,” she grumbled, putting her book down and moving to sit next to George.

“Hermione, it’s your turn,” Ron said, smiling.

“Ok, Ginny, truth or dare?”

“Hmm...DARE!”

“Ok, I dare you...” she giggled before continuing “I dare you to give Harry a lap dance!”

“Hermione,” Fred and George exclaimed.

Please tell me she’s NOT kidding! Harry silently pleaded.

“Hermione,” Ginny asked, plotting her revenge in her head.

“I’m kidding, you two,” she replied, half laughing.

“Oh, good,” Ginny breathed a sigh of relief.

Damn Harry thought, then leaned over to Hermione and whispered in her ear “Thanks a lot, Hermione! You had to go and ruin it for me, didn’t you? And just to get back at you...”

He raised his voice so the room could hear him.

“I dare you to go over and kiss Ron...on the lips...for a minimum of five seconds!”

Both of them turned beet red.

Hermione “casually” walked over to Ron.

Oh Merlin, she’s really going to do it! Ron thought while Hermione sat down. She placed her hands on both sides of his face and placed her lips onto his. Ron froze for a fraction of a second before eagerly kissing her back. They forgot that their friends and family were in the room, only concentrating on each other.

Fred and George’s laughter brought the two out of their private world. They broke away from each other quickly and turned remarkable shades of red.

“Aww...look at ickle Ronnikins and his Hermy,” George proclaimed.

“It’s touching, isn’t it,” Fred replied, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

“Everyone, dinner,” A new voice exclaimed from the kitchen.

“Oi, we’re playin’ a game here, Mum,” Ron replied.

“Don’t you talk to me that way, Ronald Billius Weasley!”

“Yes, mum.”

They all exited the living room and took their places at the table. Dinner was filled with joyous conversations and delicious food (as always). When dinner was over, Molly brought out Ginny’s birthday cake. Molly had placed 16 candles on the cake. She waved her hand over them and they lit up instantly.

“Make a wish, dear,” Molly told her baby girl.

Ginny closed her eyes, thinking of what to wish for. She reopened her eyes and saw a pair of shining green ones staring back at her. She closed them once more .

I wish he was mine she wished for what must have been the thousandth time. She had always wished that he could be hers. From the day she had met him, she had wished for that fairytale to come true. But that seemed to be the way it would stay-a fairytale. Yet she wouldn’t give up, because that was one thing Weasley’s didn’t do, no matter how long it took for the something to happen.

She blew out the candles while everyone clapped and Molly snapped her fingers and the candles disappeared. She charmed a knife to cut small even pieces (even though Fred and George complained they were too small.). After everyone had had their fair share, the six teenagers retreated back to the living room to continue playing their game.

“Alright Ginny-you’re turn,” Ron told his sister, still eating the remains of his cake.

“Ok, Fred, I dare you...” She started. “I dare you...hmm...”

“Hey, you didn’t even ask me truth or dare,” Fred exclaimed. Ginny gave him a knowing look “Point taken.”

“I dare you,” She continued. “To paint your toes bright pink!”

Hermione, who had just gotten over her blush, giggled and ran upstairs. She came back down with hot pink nail polish and handed it to Fred.

“You have make-up,” George accused.

“Well, girls don’t have to use make-up all the time and besides, nail polish isn’t make-up and it’s Ginny’s,” she concluded.

“You have make-up,” Fred repeated, directing the question to his sister.

“It’s not make-up,” Hermione interrupted Ginny’s answer.

“Yes, I have make-up! Is it against the law to have make-up,” Ginny angrily replied.

“It’s not make-up,” Hermione repeated.

“I didn’t think you had it in you sis,” George said.

“Yeah, never thought I’d see the day,” Fred agreed.

“Tis a sad day, Forge.”

“Quite sad, Gred!”

“Enough you two,” Ginny yelled.

“Woah, sorry Gin, we were just joking,” Fred explained, putting his hands in front of his face in defence.

“Yeah Ginny, we didn’t mean anything by it. Sorry sister dearest,” George inputted.

“Oh shut up! You know I’m not really mad at you! You’re my favorite brothers,” Ginny half-laughed, grabbing the twins in a hug.

“Oi, I thought I was your favorite brother,” Ron argued grumpily.

“Well, you thought wrong,” Ginny told him.

“Can we get back to the game already,” Harry asked, who up until now had been a silent listener.

“Oh, right,” Ginny complied.

“Ok, give me the nail polish,” Fred told Hermione, stretching out his hand towards her.

“No magic,” Ginny added.

Fred took the nail polish from Hermione, unscrewed the cap, and started painting, while everyone else laughed. It was quite a sight-seeing one of the Weasley twins painting his toenails.

“Ok, ok,” Hermione said, still laughing. “Ginny, truth or dare?”

“My turn already,” She questioned, confused.

“Well, you’re the ‘Birthday Girl’ so you get to have the most turns,” George replied.

“I’m not so sure I want the most turns!”

“Well too bad,” Came the reply from Fred.

“Fine, umm...truth, I guess,” She said uncomfortably.

“Ok, tell us what you wished for.”

Oh Merlin! What am I supposed to say? I can’t tell them that! Especially with Harry here! Merlin, I hate my life! Ginny thought to herself.

“Well,” Ron asked impatiently.

“Erm...I-I...wished...um m...” She bit her lip, a habit she had developed showing she was nervous. They were all looking at her expectantly, including Harry, who, she saw, had an interesting emotion in his eyes. It was almost as if...no, it couldn’t be...could it? She shook her head, knowing it wasn’t the time for that.

“Come on Gin, tell us what you wished for,” George said in a sing-song voice, earning him a glare.

“I wished...Can I just take it back and choose Dare instead,” She pleaded. “I’ll do whatever you want! I’ll even run around the house naked!” Yet upon seeing the look on Harry’s face, she reconsidered. “Never mind, I take that back! I’ll do anything but strip naked.” And Harry’s grin slipped from his face.

“Nope, sorry Ginny, that’s the rules. You have to tell us what you wished for,” Hermione disagreed.

“Can I at least have one person leave the room?” Everyone raised their eyebrows.

“That depends. Who’s the person,” Harry persisted. She blushed bright red.

“Umm, Harry, could you, you know, leave for a second,” She asked with pleading eyes.

“Nope, sorry Gin. If it’s got anything to do with me, I’m staying...right where I am,” He added, smirking. She groaned.

In her last plea for him to not hear her wish, she begged. “Can you at least cover your ears?”

“What’s the big fuss, Gin,” Fred questioned.

“It can’t be that bad, could it,” George continued.

“Oi, if you’re gonna be that annoying, I’ll just tell you,” she gave in. “I wished for...” And then it hit her-she could lie about it! “I wished for Harry to win the Quidditch Cup for Gryffindor this year!”

Hermione and Ron fell back laughing. “You’re not serious, are you Ginny,” Hermione gasped, still laughing.

“Oh, come on, Gin. I know you better than that! You’re lying,” Ron accused.

“Liar, liar, pants on fire,” Fred and George sang. Soon enough, Ron, then Hermione, joined in. All but Harry were tormenting Ginny.

Come on, I need to know what that wish was! Harry’s mind screamed. Why won’t she tell?!

“Fine, since you all want to know what I wished for so badly, I’ll tell you,” Ginny exclaimed to everyone. They stopped chanting immediately and Harry’s eyes flew to her.

“Alright, I wished...” She lowered her eyes to the floor, taking her sweet time. She brought them back up. She nodded her towards Harry. “I wished for you, alright?” The room fell silent, while Ginny waited for a response.

“There, are you all happy now,” She cried. “Now, if you’ll excuse me...” And with that, she ran upstairs. Harry’s smile dropped immediately as he heard her muffled sobs in the distance. The room was still silent.

“I should go check on her,” Hermione finally said, breaking the quiet. She ran up the stairs, all eyes following her retreating form. That seemed to knock Harry back to reality. He dashed up the stairs after Hermione.

“Hermione,” He called. She turned at her name. “Let me talk to her.”

“Harry, I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” Hermione told her friend.

“Please Hermione,” Harry pleaded. “Let me?”

“Don’t mess with her Harry. She’s already upset enough as it is.”

Harry laughed nervously. “I wasn’t planning on it.”

Hermione patted him on the shoulder before disappearing down the stairs.

Harry took a deep breath before opening the door to the crying teenager. She didn’t hear him come in, too wrapped up in her own sadness to care. She was sprawled out on the bed when she noticed Harry was standing in front of her.

“What do you want,” She spat at him.

“Ginny, we need to talk,” Harry replied.

“What do we need to talk about? How we’re never gonna be together? How I’m a hopeless idiot for thinking you would ever like me?” There was an awkward silence following her words.

“Well, Ginny, umm, I was just curious...” Harry started. “Umm, about the wish. Were you serious?” She stared at him for a few moments.

“When you said you wished for me, what did you actually mean by that,” He concluded.

“Honestly Harry, what did you think I meant by that? Decode it yourself!”

“Well, the only thing I could figure from that is that you, well you like me.”

“Ladies and Gentlemen, give the boy a prize. We have a winner,” She said sarcastically. “Yes Harry, if you haven’t figured it out already I like you. I like you a lot,” She paused, then said “But that doesn’t really matter now. You’ll never like me that way. So you can just go back downstairs and forget this whole thing ever happened.” She expected Harry to oblige, but was angrily surprized when he threw his head back, laughing.

“What is so damn funny, Potter?!”

“You-you, think I don’t like you. That’s what’s so funny! It’s ironic, that’s all.” He could see the wheels in her head turning.


“Wait, so, you do like me,” She asked slowly.

“Ginny, are you serious? Ginny, you are the most beautiful, amazing, adorable, annoying, stubborn, most perfect person I’ve ever met! How could I not like you?” Ginny went into a state of momentary shock and managed to make a muffled squeak of surprise as Harry’s lips claimed hers.

Holy shite, I’m snogging Harry Potter...on my bed...on my birthday...on my bed! But all other thoughts were thrown out the window as Harry’s tongue tentatively touched her bottom lip.

Meanwhile...

“Gods, they’ve been up there for Merlin knows how long,” Cried an annoyed George. While Harry and Ginny had been “talking,” the rest of the Weasley clan and Hermione had been waiting downstairs. Hermione snorted.

“Apparently Harry didn’t botch it up,” she said, half giggling.

“Come on Ron. Let’s go check on them,” George said, beginning to walk upstairs with Ron trailing behind. They went upstairs and opened the door to Ginny’s room and stopped and gasped at the site of Harry...and Ginny...groping each other...while snogging each other into oblivion.

“Gross,” George proclaimed, while Ron threw up into his mouth and ran out of the room. George soon followed, trying to erase that particular image from his brain. Harry and Ginny paid them no mind, they were too caught up in each other.

“What, what happened,” Fred asked upon seeing the looks on Ron’s and George’s face when they came back down. Ron swallowed before answering.

“Harry...and Ginny...upstairs...snogging...” he said between gasps. “In her bed,” At this Fred and Hermione gasped. No shocker there! Hermione silently thought in her head, smirking.

And all the while, Harry and Ginny were still snogging, Ginny’s brain repeating over and over again. My wish finally came true!
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear