Search:

SIYE Time:14:26 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


In Each Other's Arms
By harryluvsginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: He was ready for this, he was almost sure of that. He could do this, he...well he wasn’t so sure about that. He was pretty sure he could do this, it was just a matter of confidence. And that was something he was sorely lacking. It was bad enough that he fancied her for nearly a year, but putting it into words and actually telling her was the problem.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6660







ChapterPrinter


Ok, this is my third story, and thanx to all of you who have read, reviewed, and helped me with my other stories. This one is gonna be a major fluffy one and a sad one, because of what happens, well obviously! Lol, so here’s my next story, I hope ya’ll like it!

Disclaimer: Since when does Harry Potter belong to me? If you say a.)it always has- then you must be mistaking me for J.K. Rowling. If your answer is b.) for some time now-then you must be mistaking me for J.K. Rowling. If you answered c.) Just now-then you must be mistaking me for J.K. Rowling. And if you say d.)it never has-CONGRATULATIONS! YOU’VE WON! YOU’RE PRIZE IS TO READ A REALLY GREAT FAN FIC! CONTINUE AND YOU’LL RECEIVE YOUR REWARD!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
He was ready for this, he was almost sure of that. He could do this, he...well he wasn’t so sure about that. He was pretty sure he could do this, it was just a matter of confidence. And that was something he was sorely lacking. It was bad enough that he fancied her for nearly a year, but putting it into words and actually telling her was the problem.

And then there was the brother situation-there were six of them, and they all had tempers that were not meant to be unleashed. And, worst of all, one of them was his best friend, and he didn’t want to compromise that. He knew Ron was extremely protective of Ginny, but he didn’t know how he (Ron) would react to the fact that it was Harry liking her, and not some other bloke. He had thought that Ron had given him and Ginny signs that he thought they should be together, but with Ron, you could never tell.

And, Harry’s least favorite part of a crush, was the other person’s feelings. A girl’s mind was complicated and it was hard to tell if she thought of you as anything more than a friend or companion. It was especially hard to tell with Ginny, considering her old crush, but that had died out long ago, and now they were friends, and that worried Harry. He wanted to be more than friends with her, way more than friends if he really thought about it. But what about Ginny? Did she even feel a small bit attracted to him? Or did she find him hideous and too “problemful”? He hoped that it wasn’t the latter. That would probably kill him!

He decided then and there he couldn’t worry about that, and that he just had to try. If she didn’t like him, well, he would just...oh who was he kidding, if she didn’t feel the same, he would be crushed! And if she loved someone else...he didn’t even want to think about that!

Grabbing the purple flower out of the vase, he stopped for a minute, thinking about her. He loved her glorious red hair. But it wasn’t just red, it was all shades of red, and it had some gold mixed into it. When she sat in the common room, the fire would reflect off it, making it, if possible, even more beautiful than before. Her eyes...oh how he could go on about her eyes! They held so many different emotions, it was so easy to decipher her mood. When she was happy or laughing her eyes would smile, too. When she was sad or upset, her eyes would fog up as if with smoke, or would cloud with tears. If she was angry, her eyes could burn your skin with their intensity. And if she felt longing, lust, or love-well, Harry wasn’t really sure what they would look like, considering he had never seen them in that state before.

He looked at the flower he held in his hands, smiling softly, knowing it was her favorite color-purple. He had gotten it at the last Hogsmeade weekend, trying to find the perfect flower, and then he had spotted it-a magnificent purple tulip, grown nearly perfectly and smelling delicious. He had quickly paid for it, bought a vase (he was a bloke-blokes didn’t need vases!) And made sure to hide it from Ginny at all costs. And now, here he was, flower in hand, ready to tell Ginny everything (or almost everything) he felt for her.

He quickly climbed down the staircase, mumbled an excuse to Ron and Hermione (they didn’t seem to notice-they were too wrapped up in each other.), and exited the portrait hole. He knew just where she’d be-on the grounds near the lake, watching the giant squid, thinking (possibly about him!). He knew this simply because this is where she always went when the common room got to crowded or Ron and Hermione go to be too...mushy (Ech! He even got sick of them!) or just to simply...relax.

Finding the signature (not to mention gorgeous) red hair, he casually walked up to her, seeing her with her eyes closed, a peaceful expression on her face. His breath hitched in his throat as he took in the sight of her-her glorious mane of red was spread out along the ground, her entire body laid across the grass, her hands resting on her stomach with a daisy in-between her fingers. He took a deep, calming breath, and sat down beside her, making sure the flower was on the side she couldn’t see, while his other hand brushed against her arm, causing shivers to go up his hand and throughout his body. This action also caused Ginny’s eyes to flicker open, smile at Harry and-

“What are you doing here Harry?” she asked with questioning eyes. “Ron and ‘Mione get to be too much?” Her eyes went from questioning to laughter in a matter of seconds.

“Yeah, and I had to talk to you about...something,” he forced out, diverting his eyes.

“Oh....What is it Harry?” She questioned again, her eyes trying to meet his. She wondered what this was all about. He had come up on her so fast, she hadn’t even heard him. When he had lain beside her, she felt a jolt of electricity enter her body when his hand had “accidentally” brushed her arm. Except for Hermione, no one had known that she secretly loved Harry, that she had outgrown her silly crush on The Boy-Who-Lived and fallen in love with the real Harry- the caring, sweet, yet sometimes annoyingly and adorably noble-Harry. They had become better friends over the past year or so, and things were great, but she had always hoped he would someday see her for the REAL Ginny Weasley, not the stupid, pathetic Ginny Weasley. But, it seemed that would never happen, even if Hermione said that he had finally ‘seen the light,’ as she had so eloquently put it. Even though Hermione was a smart witch and Ginny’s best friend, sometimes, Hermione just didn’t make sense and couldn’t be trusted on some things, like Harry.

So, here Ginny was, waiting to see what Harry had to say, wondering if it was about a girl he fancied (she hoped not!). It was awfully weird for Harry to be acting like this, and it seemed that he couldn’t look her in the eyes, which was definitely strange.

She patiently let him gather his thoughts, watching the hamster in his brain do its work. He finally sighed, opened his mouth, and the next thing she knew, he was pouring out his heart to her, telling her he had fancied her for nearly the whole year, and soon after that fallen in love with her. How he was worried about Ron and the other five, and then how he was scared she didn’t like him “that way.” She grinned, her eyes dancing devilishly.

“I’m sorry, Harry. I love someone else,” she told him, trying not to burst out laughing.

“Oh, you do?” he asked with a heavy heart and a sinking feeling in his stomach. He quickly got up, not able to sit there any longer.

“What?” Ginny asked, not understanding what was happening. She thought he knew she was joking, thought he could see it in her smile, in her eyes. Apparently not!

“Umm...I’ll just...erm...go, I guess...” he trailed off, tears filling his vision. He couldn’t stand to be near her now, knowing he had just lost the one thing that mattered the most to him and knowing her heart did, and probably always would, belong to someone else.

“Wait, Harry, no...” She tried again, but it was futile. He had already turned around, his back now facing her.

“I-I hope you a-and...umm, whoever you love, erm...have a nice life-together...” he started to walk away while saying this, trying to get away from her as soon as possible, unable to stay with her for any longer then he needed to.

“But, Harry...” she tried again, her attempt failing once more. Tears filled her eyes, too, realizing way too late that Harry had taken her seriously.

And, right before Harry left the area completely, he dropped the purple tulip in the grass, letting it slip from his hand, not caring about it, or the person who was supposed to receive it, any longer.

Ginny collapsed onto the grass in a heap of tears, curling into a ball, and stayed that way, even as the rain came and poured down on her. She didn’t care-she had lost the only thing that mattered to her-Harry. And, the worst part was, it was her fault, and she knew it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Harry trudged through the hallway, not really knowing what to do. His worst fear had come true-she loved someone else. His heart was broken into a million pieces, and there was now an empty void in his stomach. He didn’t think it could ever be filled and he didn’t care what happened to him-now that Ginny was out of his life.

Ginny....He sighed. There was too much pain for him to deal with when it came to her. It hurt to even think about her. He vaguely wondered who her true love was and if he loved her as he (Harry) did.

He sighed again, entering the portrait hole, not seeing Ron and Hermione, looking worried and sad for their friend.


“Hey mate,” Ron started carefully. “What happened? You don’t look too happy.”

“I’m not really in the mood Ron. Please...just leave me alone,” Harry especially didn’t want to talk about this with Ron.

“Harry? Where’s Ginny,” Hermione asked, worried for her friends. Harry didn’t look like he wanted to inform her of Ginny’s location, but she could probably guess where she was. She wondered if Harry had finally told Ginny he loved her, but, if he did, why did he look as if he never wanted to hear about Ginny again?

She quickly exited the portrait hole in search of the familiar red head. She stopped when she reached the lake and saw the sight that met her eyes. It was Ginny, curled up in a ball, crying, soaked to the bone. It looked as if she had been there for a while and Hermione felt deep sorrow for her. They were like sisters and she hated seeing her sister in this position.

She made her way over to her friend, sitting beside her and pulling her out of her ball. Ginny took one look at Hermione then shot herself into her arms (A/N-Not in a homosexual way). Hermione felt so bad for her-whatever happened must have been pretty bad to have caused this.

The two friends sat there-one crying helplessly, the other rocking her like a baby and whispering soothing words into her ear. When Ginny calmed down enough, Hermione decided to get some answers.

“Ginny...can you tell me what happened,” she tentatively asked her.

“Hermione-it’s horri-*hiccup* horrible! Harry-he...well *sob* he...he started telling m-me *hiccup* how he had f-fancied me nearly the enti-*sob* entire year and how he *hiccup* fell in love with m-me. And then he started t-telling me *sob* how he was w-worried that my brothers were gonna be upset with him. *sob* And then he was s-scared of my f-feelings and *hiccup* and afraid that I-I didn’t feel the same way. And...Hermione...I was so *sob* so stupid! I told him I l-lov-*sob* loved someone else, but I *hiccup* I was joking, but h-he...he took me seriously! H-Hermione *sob*...what am I going to d-do?!” Ginny said this then promptly burst into tears...again.

“Ginny, it’ll be okay....Will figure something out....Trust me, Gin, it’ll be okay...” Hermione wasn’t so sure she even believed herself.

“Thanks Hermione, but I th-think it’s a hopeless case!” Ginny stated after she calmed down yet again.

“Shh...it’s okay Gin....We can explain everything to Harry....Shh...He’ll understand...” I hope she added silently.

“Thank you again Hermione....You’re such a great friend...” She sniffed one last time before they hooked arms and headed back to Gryffindor tower. Meanwhile...

“What’s gotten into you? She was just worried about Ginny. Don’t get mad at her,” Ron told Harry after Hermione (a.k.a.-Ron’s Girlfriend) left. He didn’t know what happened outside, but that was no way to treat Hermione, and Ron wouldn’t let anyone, not even his best mate, do that do his girlfriend.

“I don’t bloody care about your sister, Ron,” Harry said through clenched teeth, not caring that this was Ginny’s brother. He didn’t want anything to do with Ginny anymore. He just wanted to forget about her.

“Harry, what is bloody wrong with you? You’re acting like you did when Sirius died!” Ron said this in a noncommital way, but Harry didn’t take it as so. Harry turned a dangerous shade of red, and, Ron realized, it wasn’t a embarrassed red-it was an angry red! And an angry Harry was something you shouldn’t (and wouldn’t want) to have to deal with.

“Don’t you dare say anything to me about Sirius,” Harry started, slowly advancing on Ron, while the latter backed up, trying to get as far away as possible from the former. “This has absolutely nothing to do with him or you. So bugger off!” Harry exclaimed, his eyes blazing with fury, his body emitting anger like condensation from a shower.

“Woah, sorry mate, really, I know, just-just calm down...” Ron trailed off noticing the slightly insane look in his friends eyes.

“Don’t tell me what to bloody do, Ron!” And with that said, Harry ran up the boys staircase in a huff. He slammed open the door to the 6th year boys dormitory and ripped the curtains that surrounded his bed away. He sat on the bed, huffing and puffing (but not blowing his house down), thinking about everything that had gone on in the past few hours. So far, everything was going wrong!

He tried hard to fall asleep, but images of Ginny kept swimming in his mind. Every time he closed his eyes, she would be there. Whether she was playing Quidditch, swimming at the lake near the Burrow, or just being Ginny, he couldn’t seem to get her out if his head. And it frustrated him to no end!

So, instead, he was forced to stare up at the hangings of his bed, which got quite annoying. So, he was left to turn from side to side, wearing him out, and with that, he feel asleep, many many hours later.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Harry was awoken a few hours later (unfortunately) by loud screaming and angry voices. Ugh...he really didn’t want to deal with this right now. Yet, he was awake already, so trying to ignore the annoyances was pointless.

“Would you two shut-up already,” Harry bellowed from behind his four-poster, sitting up and pulling his covers off. “There are people trying to sleep here. What’s it about this time?”

“Ronald here,” Hermione started, pointing a threatening finger at her boyfriend (A/N-I’m not much of a Ron/Hermione fan, but for most of my stories they’re the only ones who will work. Continue...) “thinks I’m a stuck-up, pompous, air-head!”

“I said no such thing,” Ron argued, “I simply said you know too much for your own good!”

“Oh, same difference Ron, you implied it and you know it!” Hermione continued, crossing her arms across her chest in a matter of defiance.

“Oh, Hermione, you know I love you...” Ron started and was rewarded with Hermione’s lips crashing upon his own. Harry didn’t want to see that when his love life was so determinedly empty. He sighed, not wanting to think about that particular subject. And thinking about that also made him think of Ginny-which was a really bad topic for him right now.

As this thought came into his head, he realized he didn’t know how things would be between them after this. Would she run away from him? Would she get down on her knees and beg for forgiveness? Or would she act as if nothing happened? He hoped it was the third choice. Well, not really, but it was the best option right now.

Going as slow as possible, he went down the stairs, these thoughts still revolving in his head. But he stopped when he noticed Ginny’s brilliant red hair in a chair near the fire. He momentarily froze, but decided right then and there he wasn’t going to let this run his life. Taking a deep, steady breath, he calmly walked up to Ginny, but promptly forgot everything that he had just thought.

There was Ginny (his Ginny) curled up in a ball, sobbing as if someone had died. It seemed as if she hadn’t left that position for awhile. His heart broke a little as his love in this position.

“Ginny...,” He spoke softly to her, gently touching her shoulder. She was startled at his touch. When she looked at his face, she threw herself into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her back and carried her over to a couch close to the fire. He sat down gently, resting Ginny in his lap, and stroking her hair softly, secretly loving this. He had pictured this situation at least a million times in his head, and, although this wasn’t exactly how he wanted it, it was better than nothing.

“Ginny,” he whispered into her hair, taking in the flowery smell that was uniquely Ginny. She sniffled a little more, then took a deep breath and finally looked up into Harry’s eyes. Her eyes grew saucer-wide as she noticed she was in his lap...and that he was cradling her...and that he didn’t seem upset with her in the slightest. This was very confusing.

“Harry,” she asked with questioning eyes. She was crying because of what had happened yesterday and worried that they weren’t gonna be friends anymore. But here he was, holding her like a baby. Not that she didn’t like it....

“Yes Gin,” he replied, looking intently into her eyes.

“Oh, Harry, I’m so so sorry. I’m truly, deeply, indescribably sorry,” she cried, flinging her arms around her neck.

“Shh, Gin, it’s ok,” he soothed, stroking her hair again.

“No, it’s not. I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean that. I love you, Harry, and only you. I was so stupid. I should have just told you that in the first place. But then I had to be a git and say that I loved someone else, when I don’t. And I nearly ruined everything-” She was rambling at this point, so Harry cut her off with his lips.

Neither knew how long they stayed there, kissing and confirming they’re love, yet neither really cared. This was where they were meant to be-in each other’s arms.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear