Search:

SIYE Time:12:50 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Life after Hogwarts
By I_Luv_Hermione

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny are finally graduating from Hogwarts!
Hitcount: Story Total: 15118; Chapter Total: 4355





Author's Notes:
Sorry that I STILL haven't updated, but I'm working on this and another story, plus the normal ninth grade issues. (hopefully) More to come!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The next thing that came into Ginny’s view was the dining area in Number 12 Grimmauld Place. Harry was in the bedroom on the second floor. Trying to hurry and stay quiet at the same time, Ginny crept into the entry hall and up the stairs. As she approached the door, she could hear crying and faint muttering.

When she reached the door, she could understand exactly what Harry was saying.

“If I’d only gone up the stairs when I’d thought about it...why was I so reluctant?” he moaned.

Ginny couldn’t take it anymore. She pushed the door, but before she could get his attention, someone spoke up.

“Finally, someone who can shut up this sorry excuse of a wizard!” Phineas Nigellus said.

Harry looked up, stunned and horrorstruck. His emerald-green eyes were shimmering like two pools of liquid emerald. His face was red and wet from all of the tears.

“Gin,” he said before bursting into tears again. Ginny rushed over to comfort him.

“Shhhhh, it’s okay. Nothing’s your fault, Harry. Percy died because Lucius Malfoy is a slimy, dirty, despicable git. You couldn’t have done anything about that, Harry,” Ginny whispered. As she said this, she cradled him in her arms.

“I-I’m sorry, Gin. I-It’s just that my w-was that s-someone was upstairs, and if I-I’d g-gone up there, then m-maybe Percy would still b-be here,” Harry sobbed.

“Stop thinking like that!” Ginny commanded. “It’s not your fault, Harry. Don’t beat yourself up for something you had no control over. Don’t shun those who want to help you; don’t shun those who love you; don’t shun me from you!” She had started to tear up.

Harry looked up into Ginny’s beautiful hazel eyes as she stared into his shimmering emerald-green eyes. They stared at each other’s eyes for what seemed like hours until finally, Harry leaned forward and closed the gap between their lips.

They laid there and kissed each other with much passion until they heard a faint ‘pop.’ They broke apart and looked up. Someone was outside the bedroom door.

“Harry? Ginny? Are either of you here?” Hermione called out.

“We’re in here, Hermione!” Ginny yelled.

Hermione burst through the door and let out a sigh of relief.

“Oh thank Merlin! I have been looking everywhere for you two! Ginny, your mum’s losing it!” Hermione cried. “She’d scared that you’re never coming back home!”

“Oh yeah,” Ginny said remembering her outburst. “Well, serves her right! She’s always treating me like a baby! I swear she’s…” she started, but Harry cut her off.

“At least you still have a mum to love you too much,” he said coolly.

Ginny froze in horror. Hermione walked over to the bed and sat down next to Harry.

“Harry, I…” Ginny started to say, but before she could continue, a huge BANG sounded off, startling all three of them, and Mr. Weasley’s head popped out of the fireplace.

“EVERYONE GET BACK TO THE BURROW NOW!!! LUCIUS HAS THAWED OUT AND HE CALLED REINFORCEMENTS!!! HURRY!!!” he boomed before disappearing.

All at once, the three of them apparated from the bed to aid in whatever was happening at the Burrow.

As the Burrow whirled into view, hexes, jinxes, and curses were flying in all ways. Harry was the first to recover from the shock and bolt towards the Burrow. As the girls followed, they saw George fly into the air and land some fifty feet away.

When they reached the backyard, a jinx was sent towards them. Harry parried it immediately. Then he grabbed Ginny’s hand, closed his eyes, pointed his wand to the sky, and boomed “Emotamus!”

Their enclosed hands began to glow bright red. The red glow traveled from their hands to Harry’s entire body. Then, without warning, about twenty red blasts erupted from Harry’s wand. They shot like homing missiles straight for every Death Eater in the yard and hit each and every one of them dead-on.

“What was that?” Ginny asked in bewilderment.

“Emotion-Powered Blowback Blast,” Harry stated. “It’s a multi-shot spell that does wicked damage depending on the level of the caster’s emotions. In my case, my emotions were very high because I had you with me. That’s why the light was red; the color red represents love.”

“I’ve never heard of it,” Ginny said.

“That, love, is because I created it!” Harry said. “Now let’s go help the others.”

So the three of them ran over to assist the others. Bill, miraculously, was unscathed, though his bandages were slightly torn. Fleur was flustered, but not hurt. Mr. Weasley was unconscious and his head was slightly bleeding, but Mrs. Weasley was already tending to his needs. Fred was off finding where George had landed. Ron, to everyone’s (mostly Hermione’s) horror, was nowhere to be found.

“RON!” Hermione shrieked. “RON ARE YOU THERE? RON!!”

Hermione fell to knees crying. Ginny bent down to comfort her. Harry, however, didn’t move a muscle. Straining his ears, he could hear a faint moaning coming from the base of an old cedar tree.

“RON!!” he hollered breaking into a sprint toward the tree.

When he reached the tree’s base, he froze. There, against the tree, lay Ron, bloody and bruised, but still alive. By the way his arms and legs were arranged, they were all broken. He ran and knelt at his side.

“Ron, can-you-hear-me?” Harry said slowly.

“H-Harry?” Ron muttered weakly. “I-is that you?”

“Yes, Ron, I’m here. You’re gonna be alright, okay?” Harry tried to reassure him.

“Good, because Hermione would k-kill me if...if...” he stopped. He’d fainted.

Carefully, Harry muttered “Locomotor Ron.” Ron rose a few feet into the air and Harry transported him back towards the house.

Upon catching sight of Ron’s broken body, Hermione let out a blood-chilling scream. Harry tried to ignore it as he continued towards the Burrow. As he approached, Mrs. Weasley looked up and, seeing Ron, looked as though she’d seen an Inferi.

“I-is R-Ron...is h-he...?” Mrs. Weasley stuttered.

“His arms and legs are broken and he’s unconscious, but he still alive, Mrs. Weasley,” Harry reassured her.

Oh thank Merlin! I don’t think my heart could take losing two sons in the same day,” she said putting her hand to Ron’s forehead.

“I’ll leave him in your care then,” he said carefully placing Ron at Mrs. Weasley’s feet. Hermione sped over to help.

Harry and Ginny went around fixing what was damaged. Minutes later, Lupin, Mad-Eye, and a few other Order members arrived to help. Mr. Weasley, George, and Ron were all whisked away to St. Mungo’s. Hermione went with them; her face was chalk-white.

Ginny went to talk with Fred, leaving Harry to wander alone. He found a stump near Stoatshead Hill and sat there to look at the stars.

A few hours later, Ginny found him. She walked over and sat in his lap.

“Are you okay, Harry?” she asked.

“Yeah I guess so. How are the others doing?” he replied.

“Well, Dad got hit in the head with a watering can. George got blasted into an old pick-up truck; he’ll be out for awhile. Lucius broke Ron’s left leg and then one of the other Death Eaters blasted him into the tree. That must have been when his other limbs were broken,” Ginny said followed by a long breath intake.

“Once again, it’s all...” Harry started to say.

“Don’t you dare say it’s your fault, Harry, because it wasn’t,” Ginny snapped at him. “Lucius Malfoy’s little ice prison melted and he sent for back-up; you had no control over any of it!”

Harry just stared. No matter how angry, happy, or sad Ginny was, she was always beautiful. He knew she was right, but his gut still said that he was to blame.

Before he could reply, Mrs. Weasley yelled “DINNER!!”

“Wonderful timing, Mum,” Ginny said sarcastically. “Well, shall we go stuff our faces, then?”

“Why not, I mean there’s nothing else going on around here, is there?” Harry asked also in sarcasm.

Ginny laughed. Harry gave her a kiss and then scooped her up in arms causing her to laugh and shriek as he headed to the Burrow.

About five yards from the house, Harry stepped on something big and bulgy causing him to fall, dropping Ginny in the process.

“Ouch! Are you okay, Gin?” Harry asked.

“Yeah. What did you trip over?” she replied.

Harry searched around for what exactly he had tripped over. Finally, his hands ran over the object. Since it was so dark, he couldn’t tell anything about it except that it was some kind of shoulder bag.

“One of the Death Eaters must have left it,” Harry muttered.

He picked it up and, with Ginny at his heels, made his way to the Burrow.

Once inside Ginny’s room, Harry took one look at the satchel and froze. Engraved on the top of the bag was the insignia: R.A.B.

Ginny saw it too and gasped. Harry emptied the contents onto Ginny’s bed. A book, a sheathed dagger, and a bottle of bright orange liquid labeled REGNAD NOSIOP fell out of the bag.

Ginny reached out and picked up the book. A red serpent in the shape of an “S” was on the cover. She opened it and looked confused.

“I think it’s in like ancient Latin or something,” she said.

Harry ignored this and went to pick up the dagger. The second he picked up the dagger, after two years of dormancy, his scar erupted with searing pain. He staggered backwards, dropped the dagger, and fell to the floor.

“HARRY!! HARRY, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?” Ginny shrieked.

“Ugh, my head. What happened?” he moaned.

You picked up that dagger, and then you fell backwards,” she said helping him up.

“My...my scar...it felt like it was on fire,” he said.

“This is a message from the Death Eaters,” Ginny said.

What kind of message?” Harry asked dazed.

“A warning telling us that if we get in their way again, more blood would be shed,” she said frightened.

“How do you figure that?” he asked.

“It says so on the dagger’s handle,” she said staring at the blade.


Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear