Search:

SIYE Time:23:00 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Life after Hogwarts
By I_Luv_Hermione

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 16
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny are finally graduating from Hogwarts!
Hitcount: Story Total: 15092; Chapter Total: 4302







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


As the train pulled into King’s Cross, everyone couldn’t wait to see Mrs. Weasley again. The minute Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione stepped off of the train, they spotted their welcoming committee. In the lead was Mrs. Weasley, followed closely by Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, Bill, Fleur, and Mad-Eye Moody. Bill had his arm in a splint and the left side of his face was badly bruised.

After Bill was released from St. Mungo’s (which had taken three months), he was called out to aid Mad-Eye and a few others to defeat a large group of Death Eaters. Though the battle ended in their favor, Bill had taken seven Stunning Spells to the chest and an unknown jinx to the face. No one really knows how he broke his arm. He was resubmitted to St. Mungo’s and had been there since.

“Hi Mrs. Weasley,” Harry said.

“Hello Harry dear,” she said giving him a hug.

“Hi Mum. Hi Bill. How are you feeling?” Ginny said.

“I’m fine, I’m fine,” he said; a hint of snarl in his voice.

“How are you, Harry?” said George.

“Not getting into too much trouble, are you?” Fred asked with a wink.

“Boys, you can talk to whoever you want when we get back to the Burrow,” Mr. Weasley said.

So everyone made their way to the Ministry cars, Harry and Ginny hand-in-hand.

As they drove along the path to the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley said “So how does it feel to be Hogwarts Graduates?”

“It’s kind of weird knowing I don’t need to go back,” Harry said.

“Well, I’m sure you’ll be visiting the school at some...” Mrs. Weasley started to say, but she froze and shrieked “ARTHUR!!!” and pointed forward. The Burrow was as tall and rickety as ever. What Mrs. Weasley was pointing at sent terror into everyone’s mind?

An emerald-green skull with a snake for a tongue loomed above the house. The vehicle came to an immediate halt and Mr. Weasley, Bill, and Harry were the first ones to jump out of the car and bolt towards the Burrow.

Once they neared the front door, they crept up to it and peered in. A scene of destruction and dismay met all of their eyes. The dining room table was broken in half; two of it’s legs were missing. The kitchen was strewn with pots, pans, silverware, and various pieces of food. The clock that told where all of the Weasleys were lay splintered on the floor; a few of the hand visible.

Slowly, they opened the door and crept into the living room. Deflated pillows lay strewn, their contents flung everywhere. The couch was overturned and blood was all over the floor.

“That’s not a good sign,” Bill whispered.

“Arthur, is it safe?” Mrs. Weasley hissed.

“I believe so, but stay quiet,” he replied.

As the rest of the family moved into the room, all four women gasped at the sight of the blood.

Ginny tip-toed over to Harry and he comforted her.

Suddenly, a thud and a groan were heard from above. Harry reacted immediately and was the first to the flight of stairs.

“Ginny, stay here, okay?” Harry said.

“Okay, but please be careful!” she said.

Harry gave her a kiss and left her with Ron before climbing up the stairs. The first door that came into view was Ginny’s room. Quietly, he turned the doorknob and cracked the door open. After concluding that no one was in the room, Harry opened the door all of the way.

Once more, devastation met his eyes. Ginny’s bed coverings were thrown around the room, the bed itself was blown to bits. Her chest of drawers was totally destroyed. All of her clothes were scattered all over the floor. A mirror lay cracked and broken at the handle. Harry noticed a section of the room that seemed untouched. Next to the heap of wood that was once Ginny’s bed, there was a box that seemed hidden. Harry picked up the box to examine in better.

It was a red jewelry box with the letters
“HP + GW” engraved in green. Harry opened the box only to be amazed. It was as if the box was a shrine to him. Pictures, small possessions, and a lock of hair were assembled in the in the interior of the little box. Harry made a mental note to thank Ginny for all of the adoration.

Harry left the room and continued his ascent. When he reached the twin’s room, he could hear someone moving around in the room. As quietly as possible, he opened the door a crack and peeped in. As he had feared, someone was covering something with the twin’s bed sheets. That someone was wearing black robes and was wearing a mask in the shape of a skull.

Harry burst the door open and before the Death Eater could reach his wand, Harry bellowed “Glacius!!!”

The Death Eater was frozen in a thick sheet of ice. Harry walked forward and recognized the Death Eater immediately.

“Lucius Malfoy; I should have guessed,” Harry said.

Lucius’ expression was sheer hatred. Harry shoved him aside and pulled away the bed coverings, and then backed away in horror.

Percy Weasley lay bloody and beaten on the floor. Harry didn’t dare come any closer; he knew he was dead.

Suddenly, Mr. Weasley came into the doorway.
“Harry, are you okay? We heard a spell shouted and...and...” Mr. Weasley stopped immediately when he saw Percy.

“No...No not Percy. Is he...is he...?” he stuttered.

Harry nodded. Mr. Weasley fell to his knees; tears streaming down his cheeks. Then he caught sight of Lucius.

“YOU...YOU WICKED, SLIME!!! I’LL KILL YOU!!!” Mr. Weasley roared raising his wand.

“Mr. Weasley, no!” Harry yelled grabbing his arm. “He’s not worth it!”

Mr. Weasley struggled for a moment, and then broke down crying.

“Arthur! Arthur, what’s happened?” Mrs. Weasley shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

“Is Harry alright?” Ginny shouted. By the way she shouted it; Harry could tell she had been crying.

“M-Molly, it’s...it’s...” but Mr. Weasley couldn’t say it.

Someone suddenly bolted up the stairs. In about a second, Ginny appeared from around the corner.

“Oh Harry! I heard a bang and then someone shouted a spell and...I’m so happy that you’re okay!” Ginny sobbed running over to Harry and giving him a big hug.

“Shhhhh; its okay, Gin. I’m right here, and I’m not going anywhere,” he spoke softly stroking her hair.

Then Ginny looked into the twins’ room and saw Percy’s body and Lucius in ice.

W-Who did Mr. Malfoy k-kill?” Ginny stuttered.

“I’m sorry, Gin. H-He got...he got Percy, Gin. Percy’s gone,” Harry said.

Ginny was speechless. She broke down and started crying in Harry’s arms.

“”I’m sorry, Gin. There was nothing I could do. I came up here and I found Lucius covering him up and...and...” Harry couldn’t finish his sentence. The two of them continued to sit there and cry with each other until the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione and Fleur came up and saw the scene.

Two hours, a visit from many Aurors and a massive repairing spell later, the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Fleur, and Lupin (who had arrived with the Aurors) were all seated at the newly-repaired dining room table.

“I found this in Percy’s pocket,” Mr. Weasley said placing a piece of parchment on the table. Since everyone just stared at it, Bill grabbed it and read aloud:



Dear Family,

I am sorry for how I have been behaving for the past three years. I have realized how wrong I have been, despite how much I hate to admit it. I realize now that just because I was wrong, I don’t have to shun the people who care about me out of my life. Please except my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely,

Percy

P. S. In case I can’t make the wedding, congratulations to you, Bill and Fleur!



Nobody said anything. Ginny started crying into Harry again. Mrs. Weasley had already started silently sobbing.

“I...I also f-found this,” Mr. Weasley continued throwing another more worn piece of parchment onto the table. Harry picked this one up, looked at it for a split second and, immediately, all of the color in his face drained away.

“W-What is it, Harry?” Ginny asked worried.

Harry was too stunned to say anything, so he laid it face-up on the table.

It read:

I’LL BE BACK FOR THE REST OF YOU, WEASLEYS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

It was written in blood. Fleur gasped. Ginny went as white as Harry had. Harry put his arms abound Ginny and rocked her back and forth to try and comfort her.

“Well, one thing’s for sure. The Burrow is no longer safe. We must either relocate, or make ourselves scarce,” Mr. Weasley said sternly.

“No,” Harry said. “I’m not gonna let him do this to you. He can blast me around like his little play thing, but I’m not letting him harm any of you. You’re like family to me.”

Everyone in the room was looking at Harry. Mrs. Weasley was crying again, but she was smiling. Ginny smiled and gave Harry another hug.

“...especially you,” he whispered into her ear.

“I love you, Harry,” she whispered.

“And I love you, Gin,” Harry whispered.

So for the rest of the day, everyone cleaned up the Burrow.

Later that evening, everyone sat down at the table for dinner, though no one was really hungry. Mrs. Weasley had pre-made a lovely roast and mashed potato dinner celebrating the graduation, but the most anyone ate was a spoonful or two of mashed potatoes.

“I just can’t believe he’s gone,” Mrs. Weasley said. The instant she had seen Percy’s body, she’d gone white as a sheet and fainted.

“Percy’ll always be with us in spirit, Mum,” Charlie said. He’d Apparated home only minutes after the owl was sent.

“It’s still not the same. He was going to start talking to us again,” she said.

Harry couldn’t stand it anymore; he Apparated right from his seat. He’d learned to Apparate without spinning.

“Harry!” Ginny cried.

“He thinks it’s his fault, Gin. Let him be,” Mr. Weasley said.

“NO!! I’m not gonna just sit here and let Harry beat himself up for something he had no control over!” Ginny screamed.

“Ginny, he needs to calm down,” Mrs. Weasley tried to explain.

“He needs someone to talk to him! If we leave him alone, he’ll coop himself up and never talk to anyone again!” Ginny screamed; tears forming in her eyes.

She remembered how he acted after Sirius’ death; always moping around and never talking to anyone, not even Ron or Hermione!

“Where would he have gone?” she continued whipping her head to face Ron.

“Well, anywhere, really: Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Godric’s Hollow, Grimmauld Place, hell, he might have even gone back to Privet Drive, though I doubt that,” Ron replied a little stunned.

“Well, I’ll go to all of those places if I have to, but I’m not about to let Harry shun everyone whose willing to help!” Ginny said getting up and heading to the door.

“Ginevra Weasley, you will sit down this...” Mrs. Weasley started to command, but before she could go on, Ginny exploded at her.
“I’M NOT A CHILD ANYMORE, MOTHER!!! I’M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU WHEN MY BOYFRIEND IS SO DEPRESSED THAT HE HAS TO APPARATE SOMEWHERE AND NOT TALK TO US, SO DROP IT!!!” she roared.

Mrs. Weasley was stunned. Plopped back into her chair and stared blankly at nothing as Ginny ran out of the house and Apparated on the spot.

The next thing Ginny knew she was at Hogwarts Castle. More specifically, she was in Professor McGonagall’s office.

“Ms. Weasley, to what do I owe this unannounced visit?” McGonagall asked looking up.

“Has Harry been here?” Ginny asked her.

“No. I’ve had no other visitors. Why?” she replied.

“Percy was killed by Lucius Malfoy earlier today and Harry feels that it’s his fault,” she cried.

“Oh my! Percy, dead? I am so sorry!” she said. “Well, I think I have the solution to finding the whereabouts of Mr. Potter.”

“You do?” she said overjoyed. “What?”

“Well, was Mr. Potter wearing that locket you gave him?” she asked getting up.

Ginny remembered the gold locket she’d gotten Harry for his seventeenth birthday around his neck before he’d Apparated.

“Yes, but how does that help us?” Ginny asked confused.
“Well, if I’m not mistaken, your necklace’s charm a key to that locket. Correct?” she continued.

“Correct,” Ginny confirmed.

“Well then I can use a Tracer Spell on the key of the locket to find the locket itself, therefore finding its owner, Mr. Potter,” she said.

“Cool,” Ginny said as she took off her necklace and handed it to McGonagall.

Once she set it on her desk, she pulled out her wand, aimed it at the key, and said “Locata!”

A silver smoke emitted from the necklace and formed a kind of looking glass. As Ginny came closer something appeared in the screen; coming more and more into focus.

Finally, there lay Harry, his face in a pillow. As the view grew, they could see that Harry was in a room with grayish floorboards, peeling wallpaper, and a portrait of Phineas Nigellus.

“He’s at Grimmauld Place!” Ginny cried, and before McGonagall could reply, Ginny grabbed her necklace and was gone with a “pop.”
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear