Love Me, That's All I Ask Of You by Motare



Summary: Harry has returned to the Weasley's for the holiday. But what happens when he has to deal with Ginny Weasley after the breakup? Is she mad or will she try to get him back? A/N I know this summary sucks... :P
Rating: G starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Post-HBP
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2005.08.05
Updated: 2005.08.29


Love Me, That's All I Ask Of You by Motare
Chapter 1: Part One
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing.



Love me, that’s all I ask of You



Part one




Harry was now on his way to the Burrow. He had spent a week and a half at the Dursley’s. He had missed his friends and was happy to see them all again. The one person he had missed the most was Ginny. He never knew that one person could bright up your day just by thinking of her. That was what he felt for Ginny. He was indeed in love with her. He had never felt like that with Cho. He couldn’t wait to see Ginny again though he dreaded it also. He dreaded the fact that he had just broken up with her mere months ago. He wondered how she would react when they would meet for the first time since then.

He was sitting in a ministry car looking at the cars passing by. He felt a knot in his stomach, they were getting close now. He let a hand go through his hair and gave a long sigh. He was getting nervous. ‘What should I say to her when I arrive?’ he thought. The knot in his stomach got even bigger when they rounded the corner. They would be there in less than 5 minutes.

Harry knocked slowly on the door. No responds came. He walked around the house and looked in the windows. Not a person in sight. ‘Well that was strange!’ Harry thought. At least one of the Weasley’s ought to be home. He knocked again though this time the door opened. Harry popped his head in side.

-“Hello?... Anyone?” Harry stepped further in side. I scanned the room. It didn’t seem The family had left at all. It smelled like food cooking in the oven, when he heard the familiar voices of the Weasley family. It came from the backyard. He went through the house to the backyard. And there was the family (except Percy of course.) Remus and Tonks were there too. Mrs. Weasley turned around and shrieked. She greeted him with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. Tonks and Remus approached him and waved. Harry noticed that they were holding hands. He smirked at Remus and went to hug them both. Remus hesitated but then he put his hands around him and hugged him. He and Remus never hugged like that. It used to be just a pat on the shoulder or a one armed hug. Harry had been worried about all of them and he remembered how bad he felt after Sirius died. He never got to tell him that he loved him and he wasn’t going to let the same thing happen with Remus. He was his former teacher and a good friend. Remus was the only link he had to his parents and he wasn’t going to take that for granted. He could just as easily have died two weeks ago as Dumbledore did. When they let go Remus smiled at him. He noticed that his eyes had now become red. He was crying. He saw Harry looking at him and quickly dried his eyes. He was nearly tackled by Tonks as she threw her arms around him.

-“How are you dear?” Said Mrs. Weasley, harry smiled. He missed them even though it had only been a week since he said goodbye to them.

-“I’m fine thank you Mrs. Weasley” She placed a hand around what would have been his shoulders, if he were in 1 year that is. He had now grown so much that her hand rested around his upper torso. Harry waved at Ron and Hermione and went to talk to them.

-“Hi Ron, Hi Hermione — when did you get here?” Hermione hugged him.

-“Well mum and dad decided it was too risky to go on a holiday, so they let me stay here. It is safer here.” Hermione looked a little sad.

-“Is there something wrong? Do you miss your parents?” asked Harry.

-“No, no… It is just because we had planned to go to Spain this year. Granada, it is told to be a beautiful city with a lot of culture and so much history. I could have used all that information for my muggle studies class.” Ron snorted and rolled his eyes.

-“Oh, stop it Ronald!” Ron looked at her as if he was as innocent as a new born baby.

-“What?” Hermione walked away while yelling at Ron and Ron was trotting behind her. ‘Their usual bickering’ Harry thought.

Harry went over to the table that where George and Fred were setting the table.

-“Hello Harry. We heard about you and our sister.” They were both smirking.

-“How did you know?”

-“Oh, Ron told us” Said Fred, they had stopped setting the table but now Mrs. Weasley yelled at them to get finished. Harry left them alone. He now noticed that he hadn’t seen Ginny when he arrived. He went over to Mr. Weasley who were currently absorbed in what Harry recognized as a remote to a television.

-“Excuse me Mr. Weasley but where is Ginny?”

-“Oh, hi Harry here already? I never heard you come.” Harry could see why. He had apparently tried to figure out how the remote worked and had taken out all the buttons to examine it.

-“Ginny is at Luna’s” Mr. Weasley said while trying to repair the remote with his wand.

-“Oh, ok” Harry said in a disappointed voice. He was just about to walk away as Mr. Weasley spoke again.

-“-but she’ll be home in an hour.” Harry lightened up went to sit with Ron and Hermione who had now stopped fighting.

-“Well, you seem happy Harry.” Said Hermione as he took a seat.

-“Do I?” Harry asked as though he didn’t know what she was taking about. Hermione now leaned in so only he could hear her.

-“Found out Ginny is coming tonight?” Harry, who had just taken a huge sip of pumpkin juice, coughed in surprise and nearly spitted the juice all over the table. Hermione had a smug grin on her face as though she had just answered a question in class. She kept glancing over at Harry though out dinner and pointing at her watch ever so often. ‘When did she get so cruel?’ Harry thought.

Ten minutes before Ginny arrived Harry ran to his room. He quickly fixed his hair, of tried to at least then looked in the mirror were he gave a deep sigh.

-“Please let her take me back.” He thought out loud. He then heard the door open and close which was followed with a ‘I’m home.’ Harry took one last look I the mirror before heading down stairs.


Thank you for reading my fic. I hope you enjoyed it. -Motare

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=8105