At Night She Spreads Her Wings (or, Amazon Warrior Dreams) by AoiKazeToMidoriAme



Summary: Ginny has been watching and wanting Harry for as long as she can remember. So has Harry's mother. And she's now tired of watching them both doing nothing fast. Its time to watch them Spread Their Wings. Its time for Amazon Warrior Dreams.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Girl Talk Challenge (2010-3), Girl Talk Challenge (2010-3)
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2010.06.20
Updated: 2010.07.16


Index

Chapter 1: Of What Dreams Are Made Of
Chapter 2: 2: Of Love and War, Where Naught Is Fair: Part 1, Love
Chapter 3: Of Love and War, Where Naught is Fair (War)


Chapter 1: Of What Dreams Are Made Of

Author's Notes: Update, REpeat: Sooooo, apparently the story resisted my attempts at editing, but now the text has been duplicated. I'll try and fix this, as well as get the edited version up on the site. My Apologies for confusion the formatting or duplicated text caused. Update! So, as has been mentioned several times, the paragraphs did get a bit lengthy in places. As was surprisinly not mentioned there were also some punctuation and other errors in it. I cleaned up some wording as well, so hopefully it'll get better. I just took chapter two in a different direction than originally planned though, so we'll see how the rest goes. Chapter two should be up in a few hours, as it is half written now, Chapters 3, and 4 should be up soon. I aim to write at least half of chapter 3 tonight, and finish the story by Tuesday evening Japan time, so I guess really early Tuesday morning in the states. The challange ends I believe at midnight on Thursday morning UK time, so I ought to have all four planned chapters online by Wednesday night. Cheers. Hey you guys, this is my first fic here, and my first fic in many years. I haven't really written since high school, unless you count essays and papers for Uni. But not Uni's over except for an internship, and I'm in Japan having a bit of fun while studying. So time to write. Please leave helpful reviews if you would, we all appreciate them. It's all rowlings,


Chapter one:

At Night She Spreads Her Wings:



“Why do you let her get away with it Harry, why do you let Umbridge just trample all over you. You could have had her thrown out you know. Or nearly so. Why keep going back?” Ginny was sick and tired of seeing the marks of his facing off with Umbridge. Sick and tired of seeing her mark on all of them. How was it that Harry, whom all this was directed towards, never had a complaint, rarely even had a word to say against her.

Not to doubt, of course, he certainly thought them, but Ginny had to daily fight the urge to suppress a feral growl every time her name was mentioned, while lessons were spent gripping the bottom of her seat to keep from hexing her, or scratching marks in her desk where she’d drawn an invisible likeness of Umbridge’s face. In fact the lesson after Ginny first realized she’s used a blood quill on Harry, Hermione had not even allowed her her wand all day. This was quite possibly because the second she’d heard of Harry’s detentions she’d foolishly listed all the hexes that Umbridge would soon face.

Of course, Harry always did have that nobility thing. She thought perhaps that was what he saw in Cho, a chance to rescue the pretty yet crushed girl from the ashes. Well, that and a flawless yet guileless complexion. Really, to be honest, knowing how he’d fancied her the year before, the face but likely had more to do with it.

As Harry’s expression turned from weary to “thinking teacher,“ Ginny tore her mind away from her tired thoughts. She’d learned that that particular expression meant there was something valuable that he had to say. Although, truly, with the way his voice made things so shyly melodious under normal circumstances, everything he had to say was worthwhile, even if it was, “Ron, you really are a prat sometimes,” or, “I knooow, Hermione.” She supposed maybe she needed therapy for that.

“I suppose, at first, it was like Hermione said, I was just being proud. It’s just, I can’t let her succeed, you know, can’t let her think she’s won anything on me. Even though, I guess now, as Headmistress, she’s won something over on all of us.” Harry got quiet for a moment, and the firelight cast strange glowing patterns across his silent, soft, yet somehow fierce expression.

His countenance in that moment, it stuttered Ginny’s heart, pulled out all those desires and hopes she always held close and dear deep in her heart. Her breath stopped for a moment, then shortened and steepened. Harry opened his mouth again, the words slow to emerge in his current mood; then looked straight at her, his eyes plowing into hers, seeming to pull at the secret a small quiet part of her wanted laid bare.

“But, now you know, now that she’s won a bit here, I just can’t stand the fact she could run roughshod over anyone I have here. Anyone of you that I care about.” He paused, gaze intent for a moment before dropping down, then abruptly rising back to her eyes, a new feral challenge lighting in them. Ginny almost thought they invoked the sound of a lone predator screaming its defiance into the air, as if some beast in his chest wanted something known. “I can’t Ginny, I can’t let her, or Voldemort, or anyone get at you. I won’t, and I’ll be standing at every turn trying to get in their way, to stop them. I guess a big part of that is why I think the D.A. is so important. I can’t abide the thought of you, any of you, being helpless in front of a dementor or Death Eater or Voldemort himself. Even if our efforts here are such a small start. You’re important to me,” he paused, “and well, I reckon that’s all a lot more important than either my silly pride or what Umbridge will do to me when she catches me out or bounds after hours.”

Ginny thought her heart might have stopped, stopped dead then and there when he’s said, “you’re important to me” like that. In fact, it seemed to her to take an inordinate amount of effort on her part to be able to feel it start again. The fire in his eyes, the light from the logs burning playing on that face, and the honest, soft, yet steely way he’d said all that, it played havoc on her heart. Suddenly she knew she’d never really be able to keep that off her mind as she stared up at other boys. Nor would she be getting any amount of homework done in front of the common room fire again. Not with the memory of his face looking like that at her as he said he cared for her emblazoned on her mind. Her heart stuttering, she hoped her lips wouldn’t do the same. She knew she had to say something to that, to reassure him that she felt the same, the same about him.

“I, er, we, we feel the same about you Harry, we, we care.” A sudden hesitancy and shyness had crept in, and she had momentarily lost her nerve. She knew that wouldn’t do, not for Harry. She had to let him know, somehow, in that moment that “we” meant she, and “care for you” meant love. “I can’t stand the thought of anyone hurting you either. I…, you’re important Harry. Not just because you’re the “Boy Who Lived” or because you know how to sell a mean Daily Prophet,” she smirked at him here, having gained a bit of momentum, she felt bold enough to tease him into a lighter form of this deadly serious mood.

“But because you’re important to me. Hell, Harry, I guess you’re important to all of us. Mum would go sparse if you got hurt. Ron would wander around looking lost for days. Hermione, she’d drive us all nutters with nattering on about how we should have done this or that, or how if she’d only read a bit more it could have all been prevented. The D.A. wouldn’t have a leader, and I reckon even the twins wouldn’t have a joke to tell about it till you were back and well.” She paused, looking intently, deeply into his eyes. They had seemed to darken as she spoke, she felt compelled to go on, seeing the depth of emotion her words had elicited in him. But she wasn’t sure how to say anything more, not about him, out loud, to him. Not when her feelings were hidden so deep inside. They were her deepest darkest secret, and she couldn’t let them out, not yet, even now. His next words though, they pried at them, working open the lid of her emotions.

“And what about you Ginny, what would you be doing? Going spare with all their antics and ridiculousness until you’d hexed Ron, Fred, and George while doing impossible loads of laundry for your mother?” He smiled wryly, but there was still something there in his gaze, a sort of hungry look. It tore the rest of her secret box open, and she let a bit more spill out.

“No, I don’t reckon I’d be doing that at all. I reckon I’d be going as spare as mum of course, but, but I don’t think I’d be able to do anything, even hex Ron.” She paused a bit, as if thinking on that, when really she had to fight down the desire to tell him that she’d be a puddle on the floor beside his bed if he were really hurt so seriously, that she’d have her face buried in his neck as she confessed all these things she was too frightened to say out loud to him now.

“Well,” she started, “maybe I’d still be up for hexing Ron. It is always a bit of a fun game, you know.” She almost choked on those words as she fought to make him smile. Suddenly she felt her efforts against asphyxiation were well worth the cost. Harry’s face brightened into a smile, and he gave a half chuckle. She suddenly wondered though, what he would have said if she hadn’t lightened the mood, had spilled her secrets out to him. His face, though grinning, was dark with emotions she couldn’t name. For a moment, she thought he might have the similar words on the tip of his tongue, but then her attempt at humour brought out his own.

“Yeah, I reckon it must be, as often as Fred and George do it. I have always wanted to give it a try,” His face took on a more mischievous caste, “You want to give it a go tonight?”

Suddenly Ginny wanted to scream and yell, to pull at her own hair, and she couldn’t quite name why. It wasn’t as if she had given him a declaration of love, but she could have. Could have let it all out there if only she hadn’t resorted to humour. Always to humour with Harry, a desperate bid to protect her feelings, her secrets. Instead she said “Hmm, now, well, it is a bit late, and, I reckon poor Ronniekins is already in bed asleep,” She paused dramatically here, turning once more to her trusty yet painfully constricting armour, “sounds perfect.”


….. …..

It was later, as they snuck back down the stairs under cover of the invisibility cloak after having successfully delivered a pair of hexes, (one to make Ron’s shoes untie themselves repeatedly in the morning and another to cause it to look as if there was a giant pimple that covered the entire end of his long Weasley nose which no one else would be able to see) when Harry suddenly paused.

“Ginny,” he started. Her first thought, well ok, her third if she was honest; her foremost thought throughout their trip under the invisibility cloak was how she could use their being invisible as an excuse to accidentally slide her hands up under his shirt and across his back and chest. Her secondary thought was how this could lead to her accidentally pinning them to the wall and frantically kissing his delectable lips till they were so swollen he could barely moan her name anymore. For some reason, both of these took precedence over where her feet were going, and she bumped into him rather roughly. The impact along with his breathy and whispered rendition of her name caused her day dreaming to suddenly cease.

“Yes, Harry?”

“I care about you too.” He paused again. “That’s why. Why I can’t let them win, why I can’t afford to be proud anymore. Cause I care about you, all of you. I can’t let Voldemort, Umbridge, or anyone take away any more people or lives. Watching Cedric die, that was horrible. I could never watch as he did that to you. So, we’ll have to stop them Ginny. We’ll stop them together. You, me, all of us. That’s what we’ve been training for, why the D.A. exists. Why the Order exists. Because I won’t lose any more. Because I couldn’t lose you like that, it would be too terrible.”

His serious tone had managed to drive the last of her randy thoughts away long enough to make her forget about them. His soulful eyes and deep voice would be sure to bring them back later, along with a warm glow. But for now she was momentarily star-struck by the light of his words. There was a devotion there she hadn‘t expected, hadn‘t thought he would ever let out to her, and she didn’t know what to make of it. Instead, she just nodded, possibly with a very quiet squeak somewhat rather too familiar to her ears. She thought somehow though, the heaviness of the silence and their conversation dampened the sound enough for it to be masked by their breathing, as Harry didn’t react.

She suddenly simultaneously felt tall, proud, and brave yet small, young, and shy in the wake of their midnight talk. She looked up boldly and made a pledge, then and there, to herself and to him, “I’ll always be there Harry, be there right beside you, fighting. I’ll be fighting for you, for us. I’ll be fighting to keep that from happening.” She looked down as her brain processed the other meanings to that, and she swallowed, wondering if he thought about those. “Well, anyway, I guess its late, and well, we ought to be up early, you know? Gotta watch Ron fall flat on his face four times before breakfast.” She gave a tremulous attempt at a laugh.

Harry responded in kind “Don’t forget watching him check himself self consciously in his spoon 18 times once Hermione shows up. How long do you reckon we ought to let that one last? “ He smiled at her, and her mind was not on her answer as she stepped from the invisibility cloak.

“Eh, what do you think? Lunch? Forever? Depends on how big a git he is tomorrow?” Harry’s tinkling laugh, as well as his words, followed her up the stairs and into her dreams.

Back to index


Chapter 2: 2: Of Love and War, Where Naught Is Fair: Part 1, Love

Author's Notes: This is chapter two. Hopefully it is much more polished that the first chapter was when it his validation. Chapter's 3-5 should be coming fast and furious, hopefully very shortly. This one took much longer than I planned, but it is also much longer than I planned. Hope you enjoy it.


Chapter Two: Of Love and War: Where Naught is Fair (prt. 1 Love)



It was only hours later, as she lay in her quiet four poster, her room mates having long ago drifted off into dreaming, that Ginny began to be less impressed with their late night talk. Doubtless, it did of course mean something wonderful the way he’d spoken to her frankly and seriously. The way he’d pledged that he’d keep her safe because he couldn’t stand to lose her belonged to that knight in shining armour he’d never known he was. She doubted he’d ever come to understand that. He’d always been her knight though. At first it was in her childhood daydreams and then, later, he slew a pair of very real dragons over her lifeless form.

No, the problem was the very beauty of those words, the magnetic and magical quality of his eyes earlier that night made her imagination, once again, go into overdrive. She couldn’t stop thinking about it. Did he mean those things as she did? Could he? Would he ever turn a conversation they’d had over and over hours later when he ought to be in bed; searching for any hidden meanings, any signs that it could mean she felt for him as he felt for her? She doubted it. But she wanted it, and the want outweighed the doubt so significantly that it seemed to balance with reason.

After all, it wasn’t long ago that the two of them were holding hands in Hogsmeade, even if Hermione’s take on that date was true, and Harry had been left bewildered, confused, and alone by the end. But they had kissed, apparently, in the room of requirement after the D.A. met one night. Was that kiss so clumsy as to be dismissed so easily? Ginny hoped so. She knew she’d be dismissing Michael shortly. After all, she doubted she could look him in the eyes after the route her mind would be taking anytime they were in a dark or quiet place together.

She was quite suddenly utterly fed up. Fed up with Harry’s rare but confusing attentions and fed up with her own interpretations. Mostly, she was fed up with herself and her inability to get him off her mind. The way the fire lit up his eyes, or the feel of her body against his in the dark. She knew his the feel of his lean but firm form would dominate her dreams for weeks to come. She wanted those abdominals under her finger tips once more and she was sure she’d wake aching for them more than a few times before term was out. She was suddenly far too frustrated as she realized even in her anger at him he drove her thoughts, heart, and hormones wild.

“Dammit!“ She cursed her randy nature, her frustration, and herself. Finally, she cursed him and his confusion, loudly. “Dammit Potter!” Her frustration spent, and her room mates possibly now awake, she let the tension sap from her as she fell asleep whispering, “Bloody hell, just what am I going to do with you Potter.”


……………………………….......
Darkness closed it seemed with only the briefest surcease. Soon morning seem to come with blinding clarity. Morning, and a beautiful, tinkling, melodious chuckle. Ginny cursed whoever that was. It was always that way with other girls, them and their stupid bloody beautiful giggles. She bet Harry would like the sound of that laugh, it sounded just like his rare bursts of mirth. Maybe they would get together and make beautiful laughing baby Harry’s.

The laugh came again, bright and melodious. Ginny cursed it silently in her mind, and tried to roll over, deeper into the blessed covers. Suddenly, a voice echoed out from behind her turned back.

“You’re right, in a way you know. That is part of the reason Potter and I finally got together. That and I spent one too many nights falling asleep just as you did, with a curse against him on my lips. We even named our child Harry.” Ginny’s eyes snapped open. She did not know what was going on, but she did not like it. And that, that possibly meant it was probably time to solve it with a well placed curse. You did not wake Ginny Weasley up with a silly stupid laugh, read her mind, then talk about having had babies with Harry Potter. Oh, they would regret their loudness in the morning, Gryffindor was about to have one less girl. She sat up and rolled over, but as she did, the laugh echoed out again as she reached for her wand. The brightness really was blinding.

“Well, I’m afraid you’re wrong there. You see, it wasn’t Harry I had babies with.” The laugh burst forth in another melodious giggle. It sounded far, far too happy for this early in the morning. The rest Ginny would work out once her wand was in her hand. She groped for it again.

“It was his father. And you are asleep dear. This is a dream.” The voice paused as Ginny’s eyes began to clear out the blurs. Everything seemed to be so foggy. She blinked sleepily. She wasn’t sure she could deal with something this complex right now. It was far to early. She kept groping about her desk where she thought her wand must be.

“Its in the covers dear, where you dropped it last night worrying about him.” She seemed to kindly want to refrain from using his name. Ginny turned her head towards the sound from where it had been seeking a wand like shape in the covers. Her fingers closed on the smooth wooden shaft. She thought it must be time for some answers. She’d get them one way or another. She could out curse anyone, and who ever this delusional girl was… Her thoughts trailed off as she found the source of the voice.

There stood a slim, beautiful figure. Fiery tendrils escaped from her pale and friendly yet elegant face. Her skin, unlike Ginny’s, was like living white satin, though some how also sanguine and healthy looking. It held a bright liveliness to it. Her form too was slim in an elegant way. It carried a maturity to it Ginny suddenly decided. A youthful kindness that only enhanced its attractiveness. And it was certainly attractive. Her hips were rounded in a gentle curve over her legs. Her waist dipped in over her slim hips. Her breasts rounded out her silhouette with their own perfect pert roundness. They sat tall and proud on her chest, noticeable yet somehow perfectly proportional to her long lines in a way Ginny’s had never been. She’d only just begun to be comfortable with her own young breasts recently. Ginny felt her initial surge of resentment turn a bit towards jealousy. Her foggy mind still trying to make sense of her claims. Her claim on Harry. Was a perky full rack and a nice laugh really what would win Harry over?”

“Oh, no certainly not dear. Though yours are certainly nicer than mine were at that age. Mine just never quiet had that perfect round perky shape yours do. I was always more of an awkward lanky girl. But, I suppose there are certainly at least two additional benefits to carrying around a second small person in your uterus for nine months. James certainly appreciated them. Of course,” and a smile lit her face suddenly, “James always appreciated everything about me. Was one of the things that made him so deeply difficult to resist all those years. At least, once I realized he was even more earnest than even he knew.” She smirked mischievously here, “I thought it was darling, and he hated the word. So I used it whenever I could get away with it. Especially after we’d recently made up. You an get away with things then by the way dear.” She smirked some more, and something suddenly hit Ginny all at once like a railroad car.

“You, you’re,…Harry’s mum? Lily, I mean umm, uh, Mrs. Potter?” Ginny suddenly felt rather panicked for a variety of reasons. She wasn’t sure if the most important was the fact that she was meeting Harry’s mum, whom she’d already tried to hex, the fact that Harry’s mother was apparently a master legilimens and she had a long history of thinking very dirty thoughts about her son, or the fact that she was supposed to be dead.

“We’ll have to train you up a bit in that department I think, when the time comes. Being naughty I mean. Don’t want you not getting what you want out of Harry when you get the chance.” Here she winked and Ginny was suddenly very, very self conscious.

She wasn’t quite sure what that mean, but she was sure that it was quite dirty. She thought of another, brand new reason to be alarmed. Apparently Harry’s dead mother was intent on having rather risqué girl talk time. Ginny despised “Girl Talk“, especially the kind that you just knew came in capitalized letters. In fact, this seemed rather more like The Talk, which Ginny was even less okay with. She hadn’t liked it when she got it from her own mother. Of course, her own mother made it more awkward with all kinds of strange euphemisms, which Ginny didn’t think Lily Potter seemed the type to use but…Ginny’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted with a startled confirmation.

“Oh no worries dear, we won’t be using any of those silly Molly Weasley style idioms. I prefer much more direct entendre. It is better when it is direct and up front don’t you think?” Suddenly Ginny felt herself blush as she worked on what exactly was supposed to be better “up front.” She was definitely not comfortable however, no matter what the circumstances or words used, discussing what she may or may not want to do direct and up front with Harry. Especially not with Harry’s mum.

Thankfully, Lily Potter seemed to grasp that, as she went back to Ginny’s earlier statement instead of continuing on. To answer what I think was supposed to be a question; "yes, I am Lily Potter, Harry’s dead mum. “

Ginny thought she might have gotten light-headed at this news, especially since she was apparently privy to Ginny’s thoughts, and she had earlier been having some really rather pervy ones about her son. Although strangely, she seemed remarkably okay with that actually. That didn’t quite seem to sit right, and Ginny rather thought…

“You’d be surprised what you’re okay with once you’re dead actually.” Lily Potter cut her off again. “It really rather gives you a marvelous perspective. Besides, I’ve grown rather fond of you, and I’m really rather fond of poor Harry, so I think I ought to make sure you are both as happy as is utterly possible. That means you get The Talk since James and I can’t get into his head to give it to him. Something about that stupid curse scar and old Moldy-short’s chewed up soul being around at night. James and I never were able to figure it out, but it puts off a whole lot of negative energy we can’t get through. So you, deary, get our full attentions, as poor Harry has been sadly poorly educated on the manners of pleasing women.”

Ginny decided at that moment that this must be her dream, as only she would have a dream where her long time oblivious crush’s dead mother wanted to teach her how best to have her wicked way with said boy. She also figured this seemed like an opportune time to change the subject, before she started thinking on just what her wicked way entailed and got extremely awkward pointers from this strange motherly apparition.

She settled on more questions. “Umm, where exactly are we?” There was grass all around her Gryffindor four poster, and a clear blue sky above.

“Where does it look like?” Lily’s smile was now a bit more mothering and a bit less suggestive sisterhood, though her eyes remained playful.

Ginny looked around more closely, drawing her curtains farther back on all sides. It seemed very familiar. And then her eyes found one particular tree, where she always used to lay her brother’s broom when she was tired of riding and wanted a look up at the sky. “The Burrow?” she asked.

“Very good, though you ought to know it, as it is your dream and this is where you ought to feel most comfortable. I myself have only been here a few times, though we visited the Burrow too often in the old days of the war to discuss strategy. And that, my dear, is the second reason I’m here. While you may have long longed for my son, that is not ample enough reason to bring me into your mind. I’m here because I think you two are indeed perfectly matched. Only you have shown the kind of strength Harry will need beside him in this war. While Neither James nor I can see where this battle will take him, he is destined for great hardship and strife. You, my dear Ginevra, are strong in spirit, will, love, and magic. Only someone like you can hope to love Harry like he needs yet stand shoulder to shoulder with him when the fires of war ignite. Those are coming I’m sorry to say, far too hastily. It will be every bit as bad for families like yours this time as it was the last, even if Voldemort still hides in the shadows of his own supposed death. That is a warning that would leave most scared or running, but you stand tall. That is why I am here, in this meadow of yours, ready to teach you. To teach you the twin deadly arts of love and war, for here the two are twain, and you are at the crux.”

Ginny had been concerned at her declaration of the violence of the war, yet ready to deny her fear or flight as soon as that point was breeched. Yet Lily had plowed on, leaving her feeling a bit unworthy of her praise, but proud, for she knew it was true, just as she pledged, she would be there for him, no matter what.

“That why I’m here tonight Ginny.” Lily said. “Because your pledge rang true, and because you called out my name.” Her face was gentler, her voice less force of nature and more mother nature. “Well, I suspect you were calling out at Harry, but I too am a Potter now, and I’m not picky.” She grinned again, “I used to curse Harry’s father just the same at night. It became a bit of a problem in the dorms. No one was getting any sleep. I was spitting mad at James, and the other girls were spitting mad at me.”

“In any case Ginny, if you really aim to deal with a Potter man, you’ve got to have a bit of training up. I’ll teach you just what you need to get through to Harry, and just what you need to keep each other safe. There are after all, many secrets arts only we women can comprehend.” Again her smile made Ginny think of a very sexualized spider, one about to lure it’s prey in before sinking its fangs in deep.

“An apt comparison, and I’ll teach you the same my fiery lass. I am to have grandchildren you know, Molly and I are alike in that.” Ginny was not entire sure just who the intended prey was at this point, but she rather thought she might be on the menu. Also, she was wondering when she was going to get a chance to speak. This mind reading thing had serious disadvantages, although Lily’s open expression often left little doubt as to what was going through her mind. She figured she ought to say something at this point though.

“Errr, well, thank you for what you’ve said Mrs. Potter. I won’t ever abandon him. But, I don’t understand why you think I’m worth it. I mean, I do care for him, but that doesn’t mean he sees anything in me. And, well, I don’t really want to prey on him, I want him to like me for me. I don’t think I can be anyone else, even if that’s what Harry might like.” Ginny was nervous, because she was in essence rejecting this apparition, or at least part of what it had to say. She figured she’d better hurry on before she botched this up any more. “But, err, the part about learning to fight, to keep each other safe, I’d like that. That’s important to me. I’d, um, really like it if you could teach me some of that.”

Lily Potter smiled down at her, then replied. “That, Ginny-my-girl, is exactly why I chose you. It is also precisely why Harry will too. That or I’ll have to blame his father’s genetics for the penchant to stupidity and send poor James to the spiritual doghouse with Sirius for another lifetime or so.” At Ginny’s confused and nervous look, Lilly granted her a smile and went on. “However, who you are is exactly why you are just what Harry needs, and I wouldn’t change a thing even if it wasn’t. You’re a wonderful, vibrant young fighter who will surely steal his heart. I’m going to teach you other things. Things about being a woman and getting what you want.” Her smile turned positively wicked here, and Ginny felt again she was being drawn into a much more sexual world than her mother would ever willingly allow her exposure to.

Again Lily read her thoughts though, and Ginny began to grow almost frustrated with this situation and her silent lips.

“I think however, that Molly Weasley is certainly all the mother you’ll ever need. I don’t aim to do any of her job for her. What you do need is an elder sister, and a guardian. I’ll be the elder sister, and you can become your own guardian. You’ve certainly got the power. For tonight though, I think we’ll stick mostly to confidant. You could also use someone to explain Harry a bit to you, as he’s as confusing as a boy can possibly be at times.” This last bit was spoken with a bit of an understanding grin, and Ginny felt her earlier frustrations let out in a burst of emotion.

“Yeah, I suppose I could use that too. He’s just so…” Ginny searched for the right word, “confounding. I don’t know what to do. I wish I could attract him the way Cho does. Only, sometimes, he opens up to me, and I feel like he…” she paused again, searching, “…really sees me, you know? Like its me he sees, and me that he knows he’s talking to. Like its me he wants to talk to. And then, then I think, ‘maybe he is interested, maybe he does care,’ though I suppose tonight he took care of that, he let me know he really does. Just not what that means.” It all seemed to come out in a rush for Ginny, and she wasn’t sure if any of that had been logical or intelligible, but Lily Potter once again seemed to understand.

“Boys can often be confounding, but if you want my opinion, him talking to you like that is more than poor Cho is ever likely to get. She’s too stuck in the past to ever really stay in the present with Harry. And he was never interested enough in her to share with her like that.” Lily seemed to think here, and an imaginary breeze seemed to ruffle her long white sundress. She looked so elegant.

She began again, “Ginny, did those pledges tonight mean something to you?” She waited for Ginny’s resounding mental affirmative, then continued on as Ginny shook her head, Ginny’s eyes betraying the depth to that statement’s truth. “Then as noble, honest, and good as Harry is, do you think he meant it any less?” She paused again, letting Ginny digest this.

“Don’t worry Ginny, not about things like that. I might not have been there to teach my boy honesty and virtue, but he sure learned it well from somewhere. You should never have reason to doubt him on that front. I’ve watched him many a year, and if he tells you something, it will be so. He cares too much for you to tell you lies about things such as that.” She waited for Ginny to conjure words this time, instead of just a nod.

“But,” Ginny started slowly, hesitant to let her foolish crush out to anyone and half afraid of the answer, for it would change things somehow, “but how does he mean it?” Her eyes betrayed her emotions, and Lily’s patient look gave her the courage to continue.

“When he said, ‘I couldn’t lose you like that,’ and ‘you’re important to me’ do, do you think he meant us in general, his friends and acquaintances, or, or did he mean me specifically. I just, they way he said it, it sounded like, like I was important to him, like I was especially important to him.” Ginny paused shyly again, “I, I want that, to be important to him.” She paused again, then said, with an uncharacteristic quietude that came out as something just above a whisper, “like he is to me.”

This seemed to cause Lily too to become more serious, more still. She looked out over the grounds of the clearing beside the burrow, and Ginny followed her gaze, the Burrow’s peace and familiarity of it calming her, bolstering her. Lily sat down beside her silently, almost as if she were weightless, while Ginny gazed. Ginny supposed she might be weightless, but didn’t feel brave enough to ask. After a moment of this, with them both staring into the distance, both seemingly taken aback, Lily spoke again.

“Just how is he ‘important’ to you? You care for him, yes, as more than a friend.” Ginny shook her head in the affirmative. “How much more?” Ginny stared down at her hands again, unsure how to proceed. Lily waited for her, as Ginny contemplated her hands. She’d always liked them. The fingers were sort of long, as if she were a graceful musician, except, instead of the slim elegant feminine hands, her palms were both long and wide, giving her a perfect grip on the quaffle. That was what she loved most about her hands. They never failed her, never dropped what she latched onto.

Lily interrupted her musings as she tried to reflect on the relationship between her hands and her association with Harry. “Do you love him?”

Ginny thought on that, still staring at her hands, twisting gently around each other, pulling on one another, executing a sort of slow motion dance, a courtship of one another. She imagined Harry as her left idly, and herself as the right.

Lily interrupted her again, as she avoided answering the question, avoided thinking on it too hard, wondering how much Lily Potter really could glean from her open mind. Did she love him, what was love? “Do you care for him as deeply as you do your family. If you had to give up flying forever to be with him, could you?” Ginny thought on this for a moment. She loved her family, loved them deeply. Could she distinguish between them and Harry? If they were all in trouble, would she go to Percy or Charlie over Harry, could she make a decision? She didn’t think so, that would be like cutting off her left hand. Her hand that was Harry. What about flying, if someone said she would be happy with Harry, maybe forever, if she only gave up nicking her brothers brooms for the rest of the life, could she do it? Maybe. What if Harry couldn’t fly, or they were muggles? Would it be so hard then? Somehow, thinking of Harry unable to fly took some of the thrill of it away. What would it be like not to fly, to get around as muggles did. She supposed she could always take an aero-plane. That’s what they did to fly, wasn’t it? That would be fun.

“I think that’s a yes to the first one.” Lily’s word broke her concentration.

‘Dammit!’ Ginny thought, she’d forgotten about the mind reading. Oh well, no sense hiding her thoughts.

“You care for him as you do your own family, I’d say that means you love him.” Was that love, having a brother, she didn’t feel brotherly towards Harry. Again, Lily’s words broke into her mind.

“No dear, that’s not what that means. It just means you love him, like you do your brothers, or mother, or father, or dearest friends. It doesn’t mean you are in love with him, only that you care about him. I’ve always thought there to be a subtle difference. I may love Sirius like a brother, but I’ll never be in love with him. Only time will bear out your feelings on that front with Harry. I can’t tell you what its like, I suppose its different for different people. Poets have written about it for centuries, though I’ve never found any of them to be particularly accurate. The second question though, that’s a start. What it means, is are you prepared to make sacrifices to be with Harry. Is your togetherness important enough to sacrifice some of the things that you enjoy.”

She continued on. “If the answer is yes, than maybe you’re starting to feel part of what having a loving relationship might entail sometimes. It means you’re mature enough to face hardship for the one you love. As much as some say love is about selfishness, real love never is. It is, as they say, patient and kind. Like Harry. Not that he would ever ask you to give up flying, it means enough for both of you he couldn’t do that. And he’s not like that, not selfish.”

Ginny sat and thought on that, thought for a long time. Lily Potter sat softening her dress, playing with the fabric a bit, and looking out onto the meadow. Ginny did the same, staring out across it. Her hands played with each other some more, and she even got up the nerve to study Lily Potter some more. Her face seemed real, not like a ghosts at all. She wanted to touch it, but supposed that belonged to a later time. Still, she looked so elegant. After a while, she spoke.

“Mrs. Potter, I think I understand. I guess, I guess really, I don’t know the answer to that question myself. Not yet, not completely. I don’t guess I can expect any different from Harry. We never really know ourselves, but I guess loving someone is accepting that, and accepting them the same way. I can do that. I will do that, and Harry, he’ll do the same, just like he always has. And one day, if you’re right, we’ll know exactly how we feel about each other, and suddenly that question won’t be so hard anymore, and we’ll have an answer to one another.”

Lily smiled down at her. “For the most part, yes. I think that is exactly how it happens. But, when it does, or maybe even before, you feel its effect, the wonderful marvelous effect of being in love. And its extraordinary. It makes you feel as if anything is possible together. Except, in your case, with Harry, as extraordinary as you are, I think it just might be. And that, perhaps, will be important. You have a long road before you, and for that road to start, so must we.”

She sat up abruptly with this, and strode into the meadow. “Now its time for all this mushy stuff to be over with, and the spells to start a-flyin.’ Tell me Ginny, what’s the worst hex you’ve got, because I think you need a signature. A very definitive signature.” Ginny struggled out of bed as she named off a few curses.

“No, I don’t think those will quite do. A girl’s got to get noticed, after all. Now, have you ever heard of the Bat-Bogey hex? I’ve always found it very effective, for lads and enemies alike. And I think you just might have the skill to pull it off marvelously.” A flick of her wand and an ominously colored spell accompanied her words.

Ginny grinned, now this was advice she could use. She leapt out of bed and took a stance next to the outside post. “Could you show me that one again please?”


----------------


Hours later, when Ginny awoke, she had the sense of it all having been very, very real. That felt wonderful. So did hitting Malfoy from behind as he mocked Harry at breakfast. After all, in love and war, naught was ever fair.

Oh yes, this Lily Potter was going to be mighty useful, whether or not she was just a hallucination of Ginny‘s overheated imagination toying with her tormented psyche.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Of Love and War, Where Naught is Fair (War)

Author's Notes: Sooooo, I got sick this week, and def. didn't have time to finish this story, mostly because it turned into a 5 chapter minimum story before I knew it. I think actually it'll end up being a short story (not exatcly a novella.) I don't know if it'll still cout for the challenge, but I'm putting up this third chapter now. I finally got to the the meat of the challange here. Its also right at 10k words. A lot of writing for a week. Hopefully it looks allright. With being sick adn all I didn't get to edit it like the last chapter before putting it up.


Chapter 3

Of Love and War, Where Naught is Fair (War)



Hogwarts castle was not quite sure what had hit it by the end of that week, but the Slytherins were very, very careful about which Gryffindors they mocked in public by the time weekend meals rolled around. Draco Malfoy alone had already been hit by the Bat Bogey hex 4 times before Saturday at dinner, and by the time the weekend rolled around, Ginny had learned several new ones, amoung them the hand shrinking hex, (useful as if not removed right away one became unable to hold one‘s wand,) the elephant ear mask curse, (the victim’s ears became the size of a bull African Elephant then tied themselves together) and the knicker shrinking hex, (self-explanatory.)

So far no one had noticed Ginny Weasley administer a one of these, as Weasleys were all educated at a young age the best ways to avoid unwanted attention from adversaries or authority figures. After all, what good was a prank if Molly Weasley caught you out at it and left you up in your room with only onion stew, (Molly Weasley would never send a child to bed without supper, they were all “much too skinny” for that.)

All the same, Ginny Weasley was enjoying herself rather immensely. Watching Crabbe squirm as his piggy little eyes sought out Goyle’s frog like one for advice/explaination/apology for his latter inability to perform in the bedroom while Draco spent another afternoon getting rabid boogies removed his face brought the kind of satisfaction only someone who has long suffered can experience. It was also rather wonderful to defend Harry’s honor that way. It made her feel connected to him somehow, even if voicing her longstanding feelings, (ones she still couldn’t quite grasp) was far in the future.

Ginny had been experiencing visits from Mrs. Potter for nearly a week now, and they had become positively enjoyable. Talking with her, and learning from her, was like having a much older sister and best friend. It was a little like talking with Tonks, except with Tonks there was always a bit of that barrier of (semi) responsible adult and child.

Lily Potter was in no way there out of a heavy burden of attending meetings centered around fighting a secret war, but entirely out of love. Sure, they certainly talked about curses and protections, but it was more as if a peer was teaching, (and teasing) her all night. If Harry wasn’t so serious all the time, it would be a bit like DA lessons. Except perhaps in that she had very little desire to jump Lily Potter and shag her senseless. She sometimes felt that urge towards Lily Potter’s son during DA meetings. Lily Potter thankfully did not comment on this. Too often.

It was two days later when Lily appeared to her again. Ginny had laid down, having successfully cursed Nott, Goyle, and Crabbe without them noticing just after dinner, and went gleefully to bed instead of staying up for her potions revisions. She could do those in the morning, after all.

Before Ginny knew what was happening, she was back in the meadow, laying eyes open in bed. The sky was beautifully blue. She sat up, feeling alive and energetic. It was just as it always was in the Burrow’s meadow in the early morning. The east still held a bit of pink to it. It must be early indeed then.

“It isn’t actually. It’s nearer to midnight I believe. But the mind rarely cares about reality.” Mrs. Potter’s voice echoed out from somewhere to her right, towards the Western sky. Ginny’s head snapped around and she searched for her. There appeared to be no one to her right at all. Ginny looked quickly around to her left, then turned behind her.

“Apparently,” she said dryly. “As my mind thinks some one was there talking to me.” Lily’s tinkling laughter answered her, pixie like and suddenly Ginny felt someone seat themselves next to her.

“Good morning.” Lily Potter said, appearing as if out of nowhere as Ginny turned back around.

Ginny did a double take. “How did you do that? Or, wait, is that because this is dream land? Or…” Lily smiled at her.

“Nope, its not because I’m dead, or because I’m in dream land. It’s a very valuable spell, at least, when you don’t have an invisibility cloak handy. It’s quite tricky, so we’ll have to work on it for quite a while, but it’s one of the things I want to teach you.” She grinned rather wickedly, “besides how best to get your man to do what you want. You should hear James by the way, moaning about me corrupting a young innocent, and how his poor boy will never get to wear the pants. He forgets, or pretends to, that he prefers it that way. James never could refuse me anything though, whether I was wearing pants or nothing at all beneath these robes.” She gestured extravagantly at the stylish wizarding attire she’d chosen that evening. The robes were chartreuse.

Lily leaned in conspiratorially as Ginny blushed thinking about saying something like that to Harry. “Between you and me though, I think you like it when Harry‘s got the pants on. So long as he knows you’re only letting him wear them for the moment.” Ginny felt her face heat past Weasley red and go on to match the brilliant tone of Lily’s flowing mane. Lily acknowledged this with a slightly deepened smirk. Ginny wondered if her true mission was to render Ginny immune to death by mortification.

“And of course, you’re always ready to give him a much needed thump in the head when he’s being ridiculous or overly mulish. Which is why you’re always secretly the one with the pants, even if you let him play dress-up from time to time.” Ginny’s face heated up even more at the thought of Harry playing dress-up, with or deliciously without pants. She allowed herself a few moments to contemplate this thought, until Lily began making faces. It was Ginny’s turn to smirk.

“If you’re quite finished ravaging my son as imagined by Freddie Mercury in your mind, I’d like to continue.” Lily said, further interrupting Ginny’s rather bizarre fantasies.

“I thought you encouraged the idea of me corrupting your baby boy as I have my wicked Weasley way with him.” Ginny said, her grin intensifying into something rather resembling a Gred and Forge expression.

“Yes, well, I’d rather not be subjected to watching those absurdly kinky depths. I prefer to imagine my son not wearing leather sequined jumpsuits half torn from his panting body, if you please.” Lily Potter looked rather flustered at this, and Ginny had cause to wonder what exactly had her so flustered. She would be sure to summon a similar mental image again some time soon. When Lily least expected it.

“In any case,” Lily went on as if they hadn’t just had a discussion about her son being dressed like a gay classic rock superstar, “I think this particular spell should prove useful once you master it. Learning it here may prove more difficult than in the real world, but I think you can manage it with some practice. It is the disillusionment charm, and, while it does not actually render you invisible, it makes you so difficult to notice so as to make little difference when you need to make a quite escape or set an ambush.” Lily smiled again, “Or want to make a late night run to spy on the object of your desires as he washes up at the end of the day.”

Ginny blushed again, she would definitely have to use this sex mused rock star look again against Lily when she least expected it. If Lily sensed the trend of her thoughts, she ignored it admirably, although Ginny thought that the faint blush still in her cheeks seemed to darken a tint or two.

“I think that would make an admirable test run once you’ve got it down in here, but regardless of how or when you choose it to spy on my son, I think it has other valuable applications. We’ll be working on it I think on and off as we over other things. For now, we’ll practice the incantation and wand movements.” Lily stood up and Ginny followed, they had work to do after all. She had a pledge to keep.

…… …….. …….

Much later, Ginny was frustrated with the spell, and Lily was frustrated with being made constantly made to blush in the middle of trying to explain a particular point. The make-Lily-blush-till-she-reveals-her-secrets game was progressing nicely to Ginny’s great amusement, keeping her diverted from the frustration of trying to turn your self mostly invisible inside your own mind. It was all well to imagine yourself invisible, but the disillusionment charm did not actually affect your appearance, and its rather tricky to cast one so well you don’t even notice yourself. She would have to try and remember it well enough to practice outside of Lily’s dreamland.

In the meantime, Lily was very red. There was almost certainly a secret involving rock stars in leather jumpsuits. Lily turned back from facing the sun now high in the sky, and faced her.

“Right, well, I don’t think we’ll get anything else done on that tonight, so how about some work on your actual appearance, and then maybe next time we can do your Patronus.”

Ginny looked up in shock, not sure whether she should be insulted or confused. “I’m sorry, what?”

“Oh, no, didn’t mean it like that dear. We’re certainly not going to do any appearance altering charms. Just meant we need to work on your “you’d better take note, Potter” look. You know, when you want him to be stuck staring dumbfounded in your eyes. Or at your chest. Really, the location of his stare isn’t so important.”

Ginny blinked. She wasn’t sure she was ever going to get used to Lily’s frank statements about Ginny’s sexuality. Or sexuality in general.

“In any case, we need to work on your wardrobe. Nothing fancy, Harry appreciates how real you are. But we need to work on some things to get him to really notice you, apart from how brilliant you are at hexes, or how well you handle those quaffles.” Here a wink accompanied Lily’s words that Ginny was not sure was entirely necessary. “So, we’ve got to come up with offensive tactics so he’ll start thinking less, ‘what a nice landscape we have here,’ and more ‘storm the castle gates and climb the ramparts.’” Ginny was not entirely sure what the gates and ramparts were supposed to be in this analogy, but she rather thought she might have a guess and it definitely wasn’t her eyes they were talking about. She felt her pulse quicken at the thought of the Harry wanting to do anything that could be described as climbing the ramparts with her. She was probably blushing again too, but she couldn’t seem to mind much.

“Ah, there we go, we’ll turn her into a child of the seventies yet!” Lily’s extravagant and enthusiastic words broke into Ginny’s hormone fogged mind after a few moments. Apparently fantasies were something she was allowed a bit of time off from training for. Till Lily got impatient. That happened a lot. “It’s good to see you finally starting to embrace your sexual desires a bit. After all, its nice to see the sexual revolution has not died out after all.”

Ginny was now rather confused, but decided she’d be better to go with it. “Errr, um, yeah, viva la revelucion.” Ginny attempted in rather butchered Spanish. She might not know what they were talking about, but it meant free time to fantasize about Harry in her sleep, which she had rather missed as of late.

“That’s right!” Lily cried. “Errr, yeah, anyway, that’s off topic, what is on topic is what is on you.” Ginny looked down. She was a fairly typical outfit of beat up Holyhead t-shirt and one of her brother’s old pajamas.

“First things first,” Lily went on, “we need to work on this bedroom attire. The shirt’s all right, but it’s a bit too in between. We either want it much smaller,” Lily waved her wand and the shirt suddenly shrunk about 4 or 5 sizes, revealing Ginny’s flat quidditch toned stomach and stretching across her chest in a rather obvious manner. “or we want it much too big, which I think works better for the bedroom.” With another wave of her wand Ginny’s shirt suddenly grew about a dozen sizes larger, so that it might have been big on Ron or Harry. Abruptly, her breasts, which had been tightly squeezed, found freedom again as the fabric stretched. The collar slipped of her shoulder, revealing creamy milk toned skin that rarely saw the sun, and the tail drooped down over her hips on the left while the right stuck to her pajamas. Lily apparently approved. “Hmmm, much better, but, if we’re going to go that route….”

She flicked her wand again as Ginny stared in stunned silence. She was being dressed and undressed by her long time crushes mother so that she might be more appealing in the bedroom. Suddenly, she felt a draft across her legs.

“Ah, much better. See, if you’re going to go the over sized tee shirt look, you really must lose the trousers. A nice pair of shorts, preferably Harry’s mind you, ought to be the most you wear. They are of course, near invisible underneath the shirt tail, which is what you want if you’re going to seduce him properly. Got to have his imagination going on full…” Ginny felt it was time to cut her off while she was ahead.

“Ummm, Mrs. Potter…”

“Lily please, I wasn’t much older than you when I died.”

“Right, Lily then, ummm, don’t you think we’re rather getting ahead of ourselves here. Putting the carriage in front of the threstal if you will. I rather think bedroom attire is somewhere after first things first. Perhaps after I’ve gotten him to notice I’m a girl?” Ginny waited expectantly.

“Trust me Ginny, if you wear that in front of him, he’ll know you’re a girl.” Her trademark grin appeared.

“Yes, well, I’d rather prefer him to think I’m a respectable girl, and that means getting him to want to kiss me before I start on any grand kids for you and the old man Potter up there. So, if we might just ah, tone it down a bit. Take things slow…” Ginny waited for her consent.

“Oh…, all right. But we’d better get those grandbabies. And before we’re too old to enjoy them too.” Ginny resisted the urge to point out they were dead, and had eternity to wait for them before they got “too old.”

“Right then,” Lily went on. “Non-bedroom attire.” She thought for a moment. “Well, this next bit is certainly critical, but you might want to wait till you’ve been shod of poor Michael for a few more days.”

“Oookay,” said Ginny, “I’ll bite. Why is that?”

Lily smirked, “Because its advertising, and a nice girls don’t advertise on the way out, unless they really hated the bloke. Give him a few days, then start making subtle changes.

Ginny’s eyes narrowed a bit and momentarily her resemblance to Molly Weasley was startling. She knew, she practiced that look. And she’d certainly seen it enough.

“What exactly are we advertising.” Ginny asked.

“You.” was the matter of fact reply. “More specifically, your assets. The ones sitting up top mostly. We need to rework your underwear repertoire.” Ginny held up her hand as Lily raised her wand.

“I’ll do it myself this time if your don’t mind, I am not a Madame Malkin’s mannequin.” With a wave of her wand her outer clothes disappeared, revealing under things in a slightly lighter shade of chartreuse than Lily’s elegant clothing. She blushed a bit to be standing in front of someone while they judged her, but it was better than being stripped. Her blush deepened with Lily’s next words.

“Of course not, Madame Malkin is too straight laced to sell the kind of things we’ll be having you wear.” She felt her face might have on fire when she realized Lily Potter could see just where all exactly Ginny Weasley was capable of blushing.

“Impressive dear,” Lily remarked drolly, “but I rather think chartreuse is not your color.” Ginny felt her face, and elsewhere, heat further. “If I may…?” she inquired. Ginny was a bit too embarrassed at this to object, so she waved her on. Lily’s wand flashed, and the pale chartreuse plain under things she’d been wearing were replaced with first deep blue, and then purple tones. Another flick and suddenly Ginny’s chest felt rather different. She looked down and was suddenly startled to she her breasts sitting impossibly high on her chest.

“Ummm…” she began

“That dear, is a push up bra. They’re a rather marvelous invention obviously created by either a rather ingenious and devious witch who knew how to get her way, or a rather randy man who knew what he liked about a witch. In any case, they are an essential component to any woman’s wardrobe. I rather like the purple on you.” Ginny stared down at herself. She kind of liked it, but was it too much?”

“Of course, its rather startling on you, because your pair was rather pert and perky prior to putting on the purple push-up, but I hardly think that’s a bad thing. It’s what we were going for.” Ginny wasn’t sure if she was staring because of her blatant assessment of her assets or because of the ridiculous random alliteration that just popped out of Lily’s mouth.

At her look strange look, Lily seemed to realize herself. “Oh, sorry dear, we used to play that game back in my dorm days, and I guess dressing you up just took me back. We’d try to find the longest alliteration we could about our outfits. I don’t remember the specifics anymore, but if we couldn’t make a decent one, it was a bad outfit, and if we made too long of one, it was also an outfit on the out. I think the purple one fits just about perfectly though, don’t you?”

Ginny was lost as to whether she was talking about the bra or the alliteration, so she just nodded as she cupped her breasts experimentally through the smooth material. It felt all right. And it was certainly eye catching…

“Glad you like it,” Lily spoke through her thoughts again, “now, if you really feel a bit bold and naughty, you can try making it invisible, or go with just a push up cushioning charm. I think that’s the best. Boys never fail to notice that one, though they sometimes trip over themselves. As long as you don’t mind if Harry’s aren’t the only eyes to bulge a bit. Oh course, his eyes won’t be the only thing bulging I’d guess.

Ginny started at her for a moment. Clearly she was mad. “You do realize it’s Scotland in the springtime, we’re lucky to strike seven Celsius. I can’t go about with nothing on under my top.

Lily grinned wickedly, then wagged her eyebrows almost comically as she sang out, “All the better to get his attention with. And nice job on the alliteration, I’ll turn you into a proper girl yet. Well, maybe not proper, but I’ll certainly put you in touch with your inner seductress. Ginny stared at her some more.

“Were you this barmy when you were alive?”

Instead of being affronted, Lily looked contemplative. “I don’t think so, though I’m sure James would disagree. He rather thought I was the most vexing thing back in out school days.” She grinned wickedly, “I rather was too.”

Ginny grabbed her wand and conjured some clothes on her form as Lily was lost in thought for a moment. She quietly kept the purple push-up and panties, although she knew Lily would know anyway. It was kind of obvious.

Lily turned to her suddenly, “You want to see. I mean, now that we’ve gotten you some battle armour.”

Ginny looked confused for a moment, then realized what was up. “You mean, see you and James flirt like amateurs? Sure, might be amusing.”

Lily looked at her with a miffed and aristocratic expression. “I was anything but amateur.” She smiled fondly, “James though, hmmm. He was rather hopelessly cute once I finally got him to act like something besides a babbling baboon.” Anyway, better hold on, it might be a bit disorienting.” With that everything went white with silvery mist.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=128984