- Do I have to register to use this archive?
- What is found on each page of this site?
- Why do you have Rules? Can we do without them?
- How can I contact the authors?
- What if I do not like a story I have just read?
- Do you accept affiliates?
- Do you need help/Can I join the staff?
- Why is the site called Sink Into Your Eyes?
- Can I suggest a new category?
- Whats up with the rating system, and what are those stars?
- Can I link to a story that is hosted by you?
- Does your site set Cookies?
- How come stories pop up on the Recently Added list but there is no update?
- What if I have a problem with my account?
- What is the staff position of Administrator Emeritus?
1. Do I have to register to use this archive?
In order to add stories, submit reviews, or comment on news articles, you must be registered. To view stories, registration is not necessary. Click here to register.
2. What is found on each page of this site?
Home: This will take you back to the main page.
The Staff list, beta directory and links are found under the Extras link in the menu.
Recently Added : This page shows the last 15 stories updated on the site. This link will show up to 10 pages of recently updated stories.
Random : This link brings you to a random story everytime.
Categories : This will take you to the categories page which breaks down all stories according to category.
Authors : This provides a list of all authors on the site, their biography, favorites, and list of their stories.
Titles : An alphabetical list of all the stories on the site.
Help : Contains links to the various help sections.
Search : Allows a user to search the archive using various filters, such as penname, rating, or story title.
Staff : Lists the people involved in keeping this site going.
Beta Directory : Discusses the beta service available to authors of this site.
Log in : Logs you into your account. Allows you to have signed reviews and to add stories.
3. Why do you have Rules? Can we do without them?
Unfortunately not. Believe it or not, some users will insist on spamming the site with simple 2-sentence stories if I did not. But the few rules that are in place make a better archive and ensure that the enviornment is safe for youger readers.
4. How can I contact the authors?
Find the author using the Authors list. Select their name and it will bring you to their information page. Next to the authorname on this page, you can find the link contact. When you click on that link you will get a contact form with which you can contact the author directly. Please note that if we find you are spamming the authors, your account will be disabled.
5. What if I do not like a story I have just read?
If you do not like a story, please do not contact SIYE to tell us. Also, you can leave a review for the author, but be a grown up and do not flame them! You can give them criticisim, but please be cautious when doing so.
6. Do you accept Affiliates?
Not generally. But we do from time to time take affiliates.
7. Do you need help/Can I join the staff?
We are currently not looking for any new additions to the staff, but if you are truly interested, please email us and we might consider it.
8. Why is the site called Sink Into Your Eyes?
It is named after a song by Sheila Chandra called Ever So Lonely. Sink Into Your Eyes is a line in the song. I thought it was appropriate given the fact that Harry and Ginnys eyes are also pointed out in the story. We all know about Harrys green eyes and Ginny has big brown eyes.
9. Can I suggest a new category?
Yes. Please email us with the name of the category and the reasons why you believe it should be added.
10. Whats up with the rating system, and what are those stars ?
This is our rating system. The rating system allows you to give a story a total rating out of 10 which is then averaged and displayed next to its info on the listing page.
11. Can I link to a story that is hosted by you?
Yes, by all means you can.
12. Does your site set Cookies?
Yes. This site now offers a Remember Me feature during login.
13. What if I have a problem with my account?
Contact an Administrator. See the staff page.
14. What is the staff position of Administrator Emeritus?
Administrator Emeritus status is given to those who have honorably served in the SIYE Administration for a suitable period of time and have reached a point where they no longer have the free time, for whatever reason, to commit to full-time Admin duties and responsibilities, but whom the Administration of SIYE feels would still be able to contribute to the site on an as-needed basis, usually for the purpose of consultation regarding judgement calls on rules violations, philosophical direction of the site, etc.
An Administrator Emeritus will only have rights on the site that would allow him or her to view stories currently under consideration for approval: they would not have the authority to edit or make changes. Their input will be given directly to the Head Archivist or Senior staff. The Admin Emeritus title is honorary, and those holding the title have no authority on the site beyond their advisory capacity.
Still have questions or need help with something else?
Please be sure to review all help pages before contacting the staff. For questions please contact the staff.