Search:

SIYE Time:9:39 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Nice to Meet You Anyway
By BriannaH

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Harry/Ginny, Luna Lovegood
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Drama, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: I had heard that Harry Potter and his then girlfriend, Ginny Weasley, had an enormous fight the night before the final battle. I don't know if this is why he hadn't dated in so long, but it is what I always assumed.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4845







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer :: Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling. Lyrics at the very beginning are Gavin DeGraw’s. The only thing that is mine is the plot and my made up, Alexis. This is the first time I’ve used a made up, so please bare with me. Read and review. Constructive criticism is very much appreciated!

Nice to Meet You
by
BriannaH


So before this goes too far
Let me tell you what you are
You’re amazing, I’m attracted
But I’m terribly distracted


I still remember the night I went on a date with Harry Potter. I, Alexis, went on a date with Harry Potter. That really isn’t a big deal, because he really isn’t what you would expect of him. I’d heard that he was humble, but when I talked to him, he was completely different than as I had pictured him. He wasn’t bubble headed to the slightest, and we soon became friends.

I met him two years after the battle. Yes, I had a crush on him, anyone would be crazy not to. He was ever so charming and one of the sweetest men I ever met. He was always polite, and I soon found myself becoming closer and closer to him.

About another two years after we met, he asked me out. I can’t lie and say I wasn’t delighted, because, of course, I was. The boy I had a crush on for the past two years, might just fancy me.

I knew that this was the first date he had been on since... before the last battle. I wasn’t there, though I was sixteen when it went down. My parents had kept me strictly guarded in our home until they knew that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was really gone... forever. I had heard that Harry Potter and his then girlfriend, Ginny Weasley, had an enormous fight the night before the final battle. I don’t know if this is why he hadn’t dated in so long, but it is what I always assumed.

He told me it would be a casual date, and he opened doors for me and everything. He was the perfect gentleman. I knew something was wrong, though. We had polite conversations, but he seemed distracted, and for a few moments I thought I had something on my face. Therefore I asked him, “Do I have something on my face.”

He frowned slightly, “No. I’m sorry that I seem a little out of it, but this just seems slightly awkward to me. It’s been at least four years since I’ve been on a date.”

“It’s okay, Harry. You can go home if you want, I understand.” I completely did, too. I didn’t want him to have a girlfriend if he wasn’t ready to.

“Thank you very much for that offer, Alexis, but I don’t think that’s the wisest decision. I think I should be here. I need to sort out a few things.”

I knew he had avoided his closest friends for a while, probably since the battle. I don’t know exactly why, but I suspect he felt partially guilty for some of the minor injuries they had received. I knew for a fact they were all perfectly healed, but I don’t think Harry knew. I think he shut out all information on his old “family.” They were the ones who were always there for him, but he had shied away from them. I don’t think this was good for him, but I didn’t dare mention it.

When we had just gotten our drinks, a girl with dirty blonde hair walked up.

“Harry is that you?” she asked.

Harry looked up. “Luna?”

The girl grinned and nodded her head.

“You look different.”

“You do as well, Harry. Are you wearing that red shirt to keep the Torkarts at bay?”

Harry looked at Luna quizzically, and then smiled. “Well, not intentionally, but I guess it might as well come in handy. I should wear red more often, then?”

“Yes, of course! And who is this?”

“This is Alexis, one of my friends.”

I remembered the girl, very slightly. I knew she was in my year at Hogwarts. Most people had regarded her as weird, but at that age, who wasn’t? I smiled at her.

“I was in your year at Hogwarts.”

“Oh, yes, I think I remember now.” Luna held our her hand, and I shook it.

The three of us talked for a little while longer about casual things.

“Well, I better be going. Nice to meet you Alexis, and it’s good to see you Harry.”

I gave a small wave as she walked away.

“Were you good friends in school?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“How did you meet?”

It took him a little longer to answer this question than the previous one. “Through...through Ginny.”

“Oh,” I said. I knew that he wanted to drop the subject. He usually never wanted to talk about her. I knew I had to change the subject, even if it was by asking a question that I already knew the answer to. “Have you played Quidditch lately?”

“Alexis, you know I hardly ever get on my broom anymore.”

“I know...” I knew I was saying the wrong thing, but I didn’t know what to really say. I didn’t want Harry to get into a sour mood. Though he was the perfect gentleman, he could get mad very easily, and I preferred to avoid that attitude of Harry’s.

“Then why’d you ask?”

“I was just trying to help,” I said, almost pleading with him. I didn’t want him to get angry, we were having a nice time.

“Help with what?” he asked, as if it wasn’t completely obvious.

“The Ginny thing.”

“What Ginny thing?”

“You normally tense up when Ginny is brought up, I was trying to avoid it.”

Then he stared at the wall. Anger filled his emerald eyes, but slowly the anger disappeared. His eyes were replaced realization and then... regret?

“Have you talked to her lately?”

“No, I haven’t talked to her in years. Have you heard anything of her?”

“Well, one of my sister’s friends, Penelope Clearwater, was at my sister’s house the other day and I talked with her. She said she had spent a week at the place where Ginny’s parents live. She had overheard them say some things about Ginny when they were alone in the kitchen. One day she visited the flat that Ginny shares with this Hermione Granger girl.”

“And?”

“And they say Ginny is...well, she isn’t well. Everyone says she appears like the happiest person alive, but if you have a heart-to-heart with her, you realize she is really upset and... depressed. She would never admit it straight forward, she doesn’t want anyone to worry about her.”

“Do you know why? Why she’s depressed that is?”

“I don’t really know Harry.” I was speaking the truth, I didn’t know. I didn’t even know why Penelope Clearwater was spending time with the Weasleys. I thought Harry knew why, though. Maybe not at that exact moment, but he would be able to figure it out soon.

Suddenly his eyes widened. “Alexis, I’m very sorry. I’m not meaning to hurt you, I never had this planned. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I think you might just have helped me figure out my life. I realized that I need to tell her before it’s too late. I hope we can still remain friends.”

I smiled at his hastiness as he gathered his things and began walking towards the door.

“Harry?”

He turned around.

“Tell Ginny I said hello, would you?”

A smile spread across his face and he nodded. He swiftly turned around and exited his door, to find Ginevra Weasley, his true love.

Author’s Note :: Yes, it’s different than my others, but aren’t each of them different in some way. Most of them are all written from a different perspective. I guess I try to mix it up, eh. Again J.K. Rowling owns the usual, and Gavin DeGraw owns the lyrics. Please review! This hasn't been beta'd.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear