Search:

SIYE Time:2:05 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Wish You Well
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: Restless future burning bright. The past is holding on so tight.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3535







ChapterPrinter


A/N: I own nothing but my plot, and the song belongs to the wonderfully talented Bernard Fanning.



Hey Harry,
Hopefully, you’ll remember me, remember us. You told me that you love me, and I love you, but as our favorite uber evil dude Voldemort is wreaking havoc on humanity, you decided that we shouldn’t be together, its for some really stupid reason like you wanting to protect me…ok, so that’s not a stupid reason, but you’re being you, your being noble and your being our protector now, when, really, someone should be protecting you.

*-*-*-*-*
Up so early feel so bright
Didn’t get much sleep last night
Freight train rattled through my head
Whistle blowing love is dead
*-*-*-*-*

You should know already that if I want to do something, I’ll do it, I don’t give a shit, I don’t care if its dangerous or life threatening, I’ll do it to help. I don’t need people to save me; I’m just as stubborn as you are. I could never be the “damsel in distress”, and as for the knight in shining armor?! By the time I’ve finished with him he’ll be running back to his mummy with his tail between his legs.

It’s so beautiful here. I love the beach. I love Australia. I can see you, you’ve got Amelia on your shoulders, Hermione is on Ron’s and the girls are trying to push each other off- Hermione just lost and Amelia gave you an upside down high five. You’re happy, you’re laughing, which is good. I can’t remember the last time you were happy, or having this much fun…besides our little late night expeditions around Hogwarts, which were extremely fun in a not so PG way.

*-*-*-*-*
Heart attacked by fear and doubt
Won’t be long until the truth comes out
First impressions never last
Lover’s bonds they hold so fast
*-*-*-*-*

Bulli is such a beautiful place, and Sydney is so vibrant. Remember when mum told us we were going to Australia? Just the four of us? Ron, Hermione, you and I? Mione and me were so excited. Ron — as always — didn’t know what the hell was going on, and you, you should have seen your face, and you looked like you were about to slide off the chair.

Later, when I asked mum why she was doing this, she told me it was because of everything that was going on, we deserved to have a holiday, to leave all the chaos behind us for a little while, to enjoy being teenagers, and to have a sense of normalcy. I love mum, she might be scary and overprotective, but she always does the best for you.

*-*-*-*-*
Restless future burning bright
Past is holding on so tight
Never heard the warning bell
I just want to wish you well
*-*-*-*-*

Remember when we first got to Sydney? It was so cool. There was so much to do and see, it was the craziest day, and we didn’t know what to do. Luna park, Taronga Zoo, climbing the Harbour bridge, shopping, taking photos, we had ice cream about 5 times that day. I have to say, nothing beats Luna Park, that place is crazy, and then we had dinner in Center Point tower, surrounded by the city’s lights, I swear, nothing is more beautiful that Sydney at night, and nothing was more perfect than us two.

We went to Manly the next day, remember? That’s where we met Amelia and Mike, those two are so funny, they remind me a lot of us, how we used to be. I have never met two friends so close and so comfortable with each other, they reminded me a lot of the twins, when they finished each others sentences, knew what the other was thinking, finishing each others food and sharing their ice cream and drinks between on another. I love the people here, they’re so relaxed and funny, in a good way, they don’t really give a shit, and they’re pretty peaceful.

What surprised you the most was how they reacted to you. You expected them to react like everyone else back home, but when they treated you like normal person, like an equal, you instantly and visibly relaxed.

I can remember what Amelia said to you:

“I don’t care if your Harry Potter, you’re still a normal person — except for Voldie wanting to kill you and all - which, still gives me the right - if need be — to tell you off if you’re being a complete bogan”

After Amelia said that, I laugh every time I think of Voldemort. He really is a loser.

“Mike and I attend the national institute o wizardry and witchcraft. I live about 2 hours away from here, down in Bulli. So it’s pretty awesome, I just catch the train home every weekend’ Amelia is so cool, mike was pretty pissed off that he wouldn’t be going home with Amelia that weekend.

*-*-*-*-*
Welcome swallows dip and swing
Take their cue from the slightest thing
Rolling fog into my room
Why’d you give up on me so soon?
*-*-*-*-*

“We haven’t had any death eater activity here for about 3 years, Voldemort hasn’t attacked us coz Australia is sort of isolated and far away, which is a good thing, coz we’ll kick his arse anyway-“

“-Yeah man, we’ll stick up for ya, me and Amelia here will kick his arse-“

“-Yeah, he ain’t seen nothing yet, we’ll be your personal bodyguards, we’ll take him on, and then you get to finish him.”

Amelia and mike then proceeded to have a little boxing match against each other, to which you so eagerly replied.

“Sounds like a plan”

*-*-*-*-*
Restless future burning bright
Past is holding on so tight
Never heard the warning bell
I just want to wish you well
*-*-*-*-*

And now, we’re down in Bulli for the weekend before we go back home on Tuesday, after a glorious month of sun, surf and normalcy. I wrote this for you so you remember and to also let you know, there’s more where this came from. When you defeat Voldemort and remove his sorry arse from the world, actually, make that the universe, you and me will be enjoying more time like this, being normal, having fun and we’ll be together.

Whatever happens Harry, I will always be by our side. I love you with everything that I am. I cannot say that I’m happy with your decision but I respect it. You love me and you want me to be as safe as possible, but maybe you’re a little naïve about my safety, we know that Voldemort uses those you love to get to you, and if he wants to take and use me, he will, but you’ll always be here. I have faith in you Harry. I respect your decision because I believe you know what you’re doing, and one day, when all this is over, we’ll be together like we were before.
I can see you looking at me, and its that special look that you put aside for me, you love me and you cant hide it, your eyes are questioning me, before Amelia pushes you and a wave washes over you, I can hear Amelia’s laughter, like music traveling up to me and enticing me into the water.
We’ll have our dreams one day, but for now, it’s my turn to muck around with you.

Hold fast to your dreams…
Ginny

*-*-*-*-*
Why’d you give up on me so soon?
Why’d you give up on me so soon?
I just want to wish you well
I just want to wish you well
*-*-*-*-*


Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear