Search:

SIYE Time:12:49 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ordinary Day
By Quidditchgrl

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: A one-shot song fic from Ginny's PoV to Vanessa Carlton's song Ordinary Day
Hitcount: Story Total: 3038







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I don't own any characters, they're JKR's and the song is Vanessa Carlton's


Just a day,
Just an ordinary day.
Just tryin to get by.
Just a boy,
Just an ordinary boy.
But he was looking towards the sky.
And as he asked if I would come along
I started to realize-
That everyday you find
Just what he's looking for,
Like a shooting star he shines.


Really, what’s so great about Harry Potter? He’s just like any other guy, besides the fact that the darkest wizard of all time is out to get him, besides the fact that the scar on his forehead is cursed, and, most importantly, besides the fact that I love him. Okay, so he’s not normal. No, he’s far from it. He’s caring, brave, and handsome. If only he knew, knew how much I cared. Perhaps if he did, he wouldn’t be watching the sun set. He’d be sitting with me in his arms. Our lips would be together. We would be in love. But that’s not how it is. I’m such a coward.

He said take my hand,
Live while you can
Don't you see your dreams are right in the palm of your hand


God, he noticed me staring. Dammit, He’s walking over. What do I do? He put out his hand. “You want to go for a walk?” he asked.

I shrugged. Why the hell am I shrugging? “I have a twelve-inch potions essay I have to finish right now,” I heard myself say.

Harry didn’t look perturbed in the least. “C’mon it’s Friday evening! It’s not due till Monday.” He grabbed my hand. Off we went out onto the grounds into the warm evening.

And as he spoke, he spoke ordinary words
Although they did not feel
For I felt what I had not felt before
You'd swear those words could heal.
And I as looked up into those eyes
His vision borrows mine.
And to know he's no stranger,
For I feel I've held him for all of time.


As we walked, we talked about many things. Actually, I should say he talked and I stared into his dreamy green eyes. He stared back. We were so close, just inches apart. He was pulling me closer. I felt as though I had died and gone to heaven as our lips met.

And he said take my hand,
Live while you can
And if we walk now we will divide and conquer this land.
Don't you see your dreams are right in the palm of your hand
Right in the palm of your hand


When we pulled apart, he smiled. I couldn’t stop beaming. He led me nonchalantly back to the castle. I barely realized where we were going. I gasped as I stepped through a threshold to see paradise. A hammock was strung between two palm trees under a star spangled sky.

Please come with me,
See what I see.
Touch the stars for time will not flee.
Time will not flee.
Can you be


We sat in the hammock together staring at the stars. We would occasionally kiss. I yawned. It was late. I hadn’t realized how much time had gone by. I glanced at Harry. He was asleep. I gently set my head down on the other side of the hammock and fell asleep.

Just a dream, just an ordinary dream.
As I wake in bed
And the boy, that boy, that ordinary boy.
Or was it all in my head?
Did he ask if I would come along
It all seemed so real.
But as I looked to the door,
I saw that boy standing there with a deal.
And he said he my take my hand,
Live while you can,
Don't you see your dreams are right in the palm of your hand
Right in the palm of your hand
Right in the palm of your hand


I opened my eyes and blinked. Had it all been a dream? I sat in up in bed. I wasn’t in my dormitory. I was still in the hammock after all! Had I kissed him? I felt tears well in my eyes, in fear of the worst, but as I looked toward the door, I saw Harry.

“Please say it wasn’t a dream,” he pleaded. He strode over and held me in his arms. “Ginny, I love you! Please tell me it wasn’t a dream.” I pinched him. He winced, saying “Yeah, I’m awake.”

I sighed in relief. “That means I’m awake, too. Just to make sure, though,” my voice trailed away as our lips met.

Just a day, just an ordinary day
Just tryin to get by.


"I love you, too, Harry. I love you too."

Just a boy,
Just an ordinary boy.
But he was looking to the sky.


A/N: Here's another songfic by yours truly. I wrote this one a long time ago and It is posted on Mugglenet so If you read it there I DID NOT COPY IT. please R&R
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear