Search:

SIYE Time:11:09 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fruit Punch
By mely_maniac

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Harry is in his final year at Hogwarts. Everything was going great until Dumbledore announces there is a ball. Harry wants to invite Ginny, but she agrees to go with someone else. What will happen in the ball? PG gor slight swearing, one-shot. Please r/r!!!!
Hitcount: Story Total: 5181







ChapterPrinter


In the sixth-year Gryffindor girls’ dorm, Ginny Weasley was lazily doing her hair for the Yule Ball that was to take place in a couple of hours. She wasn’t all that excited on going, un-like her roommates, because of her past experiences. True she wasn’t going with Neville, who was going with Luna Lovegood, or Dean, her ex-boyfriend; but with Justin Finch-Fletchley, the seventh year Hufflepuff that was the first to ask her.

*Flashback*
A few seconds after Dumbledore sat down from announcing the up-coming ball, Justin came up to Ginny who was sitting with Harry, Hermione and Ron at the Gryffindor table.

“Ginny?” he said, “Could it talk to you for a second…privately?” he added, eyeing the Golden Trio. Before she answered she looked at Harry briefly, and she thought she saw anger and hope flicker in his face. Thinking she was probably going delusional she turned back to Justin, nodded slightly and followed him out the Great Hall.

“Um, Ginny, I was wondering…if…if you would like to go to…to the ball with me,” he asked nervously. Ginny bit her bottom lip; she was secretly wishing the Head Boy would ask her.

“But he probably only thinks of me as Ron’s little sister, or even his sister, and nothing else,” she thought. Pushing Harry at the back of her head, she said

“Sure, I’d love to go to the ball with you.”

“Great,” he said, relief washing over his face, “meet me here at seven then?”

“Yes, here at seven,” she repeated. Then she re-entered the Great Hall and made her way back to her seat.

“What he want?” Ron asked with a hint of anger in his voice. Surprisingly he wasn’t ‘shoving food up his mouth’ as Hermione once put it.

“Oh, nothing just asked me to the ball,” she said as casually as she could.

“And what did you say?” But it wasn’t Ron who asked but Harry. His voice sounded eager. She looked him in the eye and said “Yes”. Disappointment flashed in his shocking green eyes. She was confused, very confused. Ron and Hermione were again arguing about something insignificant, but she was paying no attention to them because her gaze was still locked with Harry’s.
*End of Flashback*

“GINNY!” Hermione shouted, snapping her out of the memory that took place a couple of weeks ago, “Ginny, what’s wrong?”

“No, no…err…no nothing's wrong, Hermione, what makes you think that?” she answered nervously.

“Well maybe the fact that I called your name three times in a row and that you’ve been combing the same part of your hair for the last five minutes and you looked like you were in trance.”

“Sorry, just thinking about…something,”

“Or someone?” Her youngest brother’s girlfriend asked with a smirk in her face and a mischievous glint in her eye, “specifically someone with messy black hair and olive green eyes?”

“Err…n-no,” she lied. Hermione just raised her eyes brow in a way that said you’re-not-fooling-me. Realizing it was hopeless to argue with Hermione, she gave in.

“Oh, fine, yes the Head Boy with gorgeous green eyes and long, messy, black hair was invading my mind,” she admitted. Hermione just squealed in delight chanting “I knew it” over and over. The suddenly she stopped and turned to Ginny wide-eyed.

“Oh my god, we need to get you ready for the Ball,” she said in the process of grabbing all she needed and dragging a protesting Ginny with her to the Head’s tower.

Mean while Ron and Harry were flying around aimlessly in the Quidditch pitch. Ron was still ranting about how Ginny could do much better than ‘the git’, as he know called Justin. Harry on the other hand was trying to push Ginny to the farthest corner in his head.

“Oh, how ironic, she had a crush on me and I paid no attention to her whatsoever. Now the tables turned; I have a crush on Ginny and she doesn’t think of me that way anymore. How did this happen?” he thought. He was still trying to zone Ron out of his head. He almost succeeded.

“Right mate?” he heard Ron asked somewhere in his left.

“Um, err…sorry, what happened?” he said.

“Never mind, forget it,” he said totally aware of Harry lack of attention. Harry checked his watch. 6:07.

“Hey, we better go get ready for the ball it’s less than on hour away!” he called over his shoulder as he started to descend.

Forty-five minutes later, Ron and Harry were waiting by the fireplace in the Heads’ tower for Hermione. Harry was wearing some midnight blue dress robes and his head had the same messy blob of black hair. Ron had some emerald green dress robes that matched perfectly with his flaming red hair.

“We’re ready,” Hermione’s voice was heard from the bottom of the staircase that led to her room. They turned and Harry heard Ron murmur a soft ‘wow’ behind him. Hermione was wearing a baby blue, long sleeved, simple, silky dress. Its neckline was a little low, therefore she was showing cleavage. It also hugged her curves flawlessly. The bottom of the dress had layers, each layer darker then the other. Her hair was straightened and had two clips preventing it from covering her face. Her make-up consisted on a light blue eye shadow matching her dress and blue mascara. Her cheeks hinted a touch of blush. ‘But that’s probably Ron, not the make-up,’ he thought.

“So, how do I look?” she asked while rotating in a circle. Ron was not saying anything, he was just staring at her, and so Harry cut in.

“You look absolutely stunning Hermione, Ron agrees with me because, if I’m not mistaken, that’s drool coming out of his mouth,” he said playfully, making Hermione blush and Ron glare at him, “but did I hear just you say ‘we’?”

Hermione, who was still blushing, just nodded and shouted up the stairs “Ginny will you come down know?” Harry gulped. ‘Why did I have to ask?’ Hermione walked over to her boyfriend, who still hadn’t said anything, and kissed him sweetly in the lips. But Harry paid no more attention to them as Ginny was walking down the stairs. Her Weasley red hair was curled up; the soft curls were loosely held back by a pin in a half a pony-tail sort-of way, but she let some curly, red strands frame her face. She wore some light purple eye-shadow and purple mascara. Her cheeks had a faint touch of blush. And she had some lip-gloss on making her lips look kissable to Harry. He licked his own lips that had suddenly gone dry. And the dress…

“Sweet Merlin, that dress should be illegal,” he thought. He felt the temperature had risen drastically and found it harder to breathe. The dress was simple yet elegant. It was a light shade of purple and it exposed her creamy neck; the sleeves stopped at around her elbows. The velvet fabric hugged her in the right places, showing her curves. She rotated like Hermione did and Harry saw that the back of the dress was low, revealing half of her creamy bare back.

“What do you think?” she asked him. He opened and closed his mouth several times trying to speak, but he couldn’t find his voice.

“Look whose drooling know,” he jumped nearly 2 feet in the air, he totally forgot that Ron and Hermione were still present. Ginny’s face burned crimson matching the color of her hair.

“I think you look…wonderful, amazing really,” Harry said hoarsely. He didn’t think it was possible for her to get redder than she already was, but boy did she prove him wrong. He felt that his stomach just performed a 380 degree flip and his heart started to beat a little faster. He just made Ginny blush and he liked the feeling.

“Um, we better go…you know if we don’t want to be late,” Ginny said shyly, still bright red because of Harry’s compliment. The three seventh years agreed and started walking to the Great Hall, joking and laughing on the way. The Entrance Hall was packed when they got there; the Great Hall was obviously not opened yet.

“Hi Harry,” a timid and sweet voice said behind him, he whirled around and found that the voice belonged to Susan Bones, his date. She had a Chinese style dress; it was baby pink and had red flowers all over. Her hair was in an elegant bun held up by pink and white Chinese sticks.

“Hullo Su-”

“Ginny!”

It was Justin who interrupted him, he walking down the Grand Staircase over to Ginny. He had on some dark red dress robes, almost maroon. He kissed her on the cheek and put a hand on her bare back. Harry felt a pang of jealousy and anger, then he shot a glance at Ron; immediately he knew he noticed because his face was red with rage. He looked back at Ginny, she was smiling but he observed that it didn’t reach her eyes.

“Um Harry, I think we should go in,” Susan said pointing towards the know open doors. He simply nodded and took her hand and led her in. Once inside he got to admire his, Hermione’s and the Prefects’ handiwork. The teacher’s table was in its usual place, but it was covered in a white table cloth with fancy table settings. Table cloth similar to that one was used on the various round tables’ that replaced the four house tables. Each had a boutique as a center piece. The buffet table had the same table cloth and all sorts of foods, desserts, and drinks. In the center of the Hall was a dancing floor and on the left side, facing the doors, was a little raised platform where the Weird Sisters were settled to play. Every single door that led to the gardens were open, letting a fresh breeze enter. The enchanted selling was still enchanted and tonight it had the moon and the stars were shining brightly, without a cloud in sight.

Dumbledore stepped up to the platform and caught everyone’s attention. “I would like to congratulate the Heads’ and the Prefects who did a wonderful job in planning and decorating for tonight,” the everybody in the Hall cheered and applauded after it died down he continued, “and I would like to thank the Weird Sisters for attending,” another round of applause, “now I won’t bother you anymore with my boring speeches. Have fun and enjoy,” he finished and motioned the band to start playing. He then walked to Professor McGonagall and led her to the dancing floor.

As the ball wore on, Harry had managed to dance with Susan a couple of times and steel some glances at Ginny and her date. He was surprised he had spent a couple of hours in the same room as Justin and not pounce him.

After the fourth dance in a row, he declared himself tired to Susan. Harry asked her if she was thirsty; she nodded and he went to fetch some punch for both of them. At the buffet table he was to busy serving the drinks and steeling glances at his least favorite couple that he didn’t notice when Hermione walked up on him.

“You know, staring at her all night won’t help you get her,” he jumped at least a foot or two in the air and spilled the whole cup down his robes.

“Bloody hell Hermione, give the man a warning the next time you decide to sneak up, will you?” he said, before taking out his wand and cleaning himself up.

“I’m sorry Harry,” she said but her face told him otherwise, “but really, if you weren’t so focused on staring at Ginny, then you would have heard me.” Those words made Harry’s face turn bright red.

“W-what are you-?”

“Oh Harry, you know very well what I’m taking about, so stop acting like you don’t,” her bossy tone taking over. Knowing perfectly well that it was useless to fight a battle he was going to lose, he lowered his head in defeat.

“Like I said Harry, staring at her isn’t going to help.”

“But what can I do? She got over me ages ago, you said so. Besides, it looks like she’s having a grand time with the idiot of Finch-Fletchley,” he said venomously while looking at Ginny yet again.

“Harry, there’s a difference between getting over and giving up. Ginny just gave up on you; she never really got over you, that’s why she accepted his invitation because she thought you only saw her as Ron’s little sister; or your little sister. She thought you’d never have feelings for her,” her voice became soft and she placed a hand on his shoulder, “but you do and she doesn’t know it, so if you don’t tell her how you feel now, then when Harry? You may never have another chance.” She walked away leaving him alone with his thoughts. Slowly he made his way to the table Susan sat down at. He couldn’t help thinking Hermione was right. Like always. He made up his mind: he was going to tell her. He was going to tonight.

He franticly looked around the Hall for any signs of a mane of red hair. He found her by the entrance doors…lip-locked with the Hufflepuff Quidditch captain. At that sight he forgot how to breathe and several emotions rushed inside of him, like anger-more like rage-sadness and disappointment. He said something about needing fresh air to Susan and almost ran to the nearest door the led to the gardens. He ran until he found a bench by the lilies. He buried his head in his hand and just tried to get he image that he just saw take place out of his head. He jumped when somebody touched his shoulder, but relaxed when he saw it was only Susan.

“I’m sorry, so sorry…I had to get out-I had to…I-I lost…her,” he said it more to himself than to her.

“Oh, Harry, you didn’t lose her; I don’t think you ever will, you two are meant for each other. I saw the way she looked at you; her eyes were filled with longing, like yours,” she said running her hands up and down his back.

“Then why did she kiss him?”

“Maybe he kissed her or she wanted to make you jealous; I don’t know I really don’t. But I know that she wants you, just as bad as you want her,” she sighed and stood up, “but promise me something Harry.”

“What?” he asked curiously.

“Promise me you’ll tell her tonight.” He thought about it.

“I’ll try.”, “Fair enough,” she started to walk back, but he stopped her by grabbing her arm. She turned around bewildered with his move.

“Thanks for everything, and I’m sorry for being such a lousy date,” he said as she grinned.

“Don’t worry Harry, it wasn’t so bad after all, I got as good laugh when you spilled the fruit punch,” she said. His face turned bright red as she giggled. Then she got on her tip-toes and kissed him on the cheek.

“Good luck,” were her last words before she left. He just stood there gaping at her retreating back. Then bringing himself back to reality, he decided to walk around the gardens to clear his mind a bit. He was too caught up in his thoughts he didn’t realize were he was going until he found himself in front of the lake. He looked around and spotted a red-head sitting against a tree. He got closer and realized it was Ginny…and she looked breath taking under the moon light. He studied her face more and realized that there was a tear in her cheek and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. He still thought she was beautiful but he didn’t want to see her suffer. He vowed that whoever made her cry was going to pay.

“Why are you crying Gin?” her head flew up at the sound of his voice. She looked at him and she visibly stiffened, but didn’t answer and looked away. He tried again and again until she finally answered.

“You really want to know Harry?” her voice was cold and she still didn’t look his way. “Yes.”

“I’ll say it loud and clear then,” she then turned to him, “you.”

“Me? I made you cry?” He looked at her chocolate brown eyes and found that the usual twinkle in them was gone, “What did I do Gin?” His voice sounded hoarse and his mouth went dry.

“No nothing bad Harry. It’s not like you did something bad anyway. I’m not your girlfriend or anything, and you possibly couldn’t have feelings for me. I’m just Ron’s little sister after all…” she was rambling.

“Gin…”

“Besides Harry, I’m sure she’ll be great for you, she’s nice, sweet, caring, beautiful…

“Ginny…”

“And I’m sure you’ll be happy with her to, you’ll get to be Harry, not the bloody Boy-Who-Lived…” By now tears were running down her cheeks freely.

“Ginerva…” she still ignored him when he expected the bat-bogey hex for calling her that. She hated it. So he did the only thing he could to shut her up. With all the courage he could muster he kissed her. And it definitely worked. When he pressed his lips against his he swore he felt a shot of electricity go through him. At first she didn’t respond but after the shock wore off she kissed him back. He reluctantly back away.

“You were rambling…” he trailed off. She blushed and looked away.

“What about Susan and your- your kiss?”

“What kiss?” he asked genuinely confused. Then it hit him: she saw the kiss on the cheek Susan gave him from behind, making it look like she kissed him on the lips. “Oh, the kiss on the cheek she gave me just right now?” She blushed even more.

“Really?” he nodded and grinned. He caressed her cheek, whipping away her tears.

“I’m sorry I made you cry,” he said softly by her ear. Then he kissed her again, but sweeter and more gently, but she deepened it. When the need for air finally came up, they broke the kiss.

“Harry…”

“Hmm…?” he murmured while kissing her neck softly.

“You smell like fruit punch.”
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear