Search:

SIYE Time:7:50 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Happy Endings
By bibliophile19

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 32
Summary: An Ending to this great story that we can all hope for; one where the Boy-Who-Lived can live his life and love those in it. Set after Book 7, but only including information from HBP (and, Ok, I'll admit it, a nice dollop of wishful thinking)
Hitcount: Story Total: 5248







ChapterPrinter


Happy Endings

Disclaimer: I hold a great deal of respect for J.K. Rowling, and am not trying to profit off of her work.

The next morning Harry woke slowly, with a smile on his face, which might seem rather odd, considering that his right arm was completely numb.

Then again, considering the reason that his arm was numb was the reason that he was happy might explain it, as Harry carefully shifted in bed, trying not to move his arm too much, and kissed Ginny Potter, nee’ Weasley, full on the lips, as she used his bicep for a pillow.

Her eyes popped open, and then closed again as she leaned into the kiss. After several minutes, or several days, or so it seemed, they had to break for air.

Harry spoke first. “Good morning, sleepyhead”, he said. Ginny smiled and rolled on top of him, kissing him back, lovingly and passionately.

After breaking for air again, she smiled again, saying in a low whisper, “And good morning to you, too”, and leaned in for another kiss.

********************************* **************************************** ********************

A short while later, Harry and Ginny were laying next to each other, luxuriating in the shared warmth and love of the other, Harry playing with Ginny’s long red hair, and Ginny toying with the simple gold band on Harry’s left hand, a band whose mate was on her own hand.

“So, when do you want to go visit Ron and Hermione?” he asked languidly, running his fingers through her hair.

Smiling, she replied, “In a few days, probably, although I imagine that they’re up to their necks preparing for their own wedding. And anyway, I think that we need to finish digesting the rest of Mum's food from the dinner last night before we even go near the Burrow. I don’t even want to think about how much leftovers she has.”

Harry laughed, remembering the mountains of food from yesterday’s reception and dinner, particularly after all he and Ginny had gone through to try and have a small wedding. Speaking of which…

“What did Hermione do to Rita Skeeter to keep her from sneaking into the reception? She said she did something, but wouldn’t give me any details” he asked.

Ginny smiled and snuggled closer. “Apparently, she told me that she did this spell combination that keeps her from transforming for a week, and while it’s slightly illegal, apparently the only reason someone would use it would be to keep an Animagus from transforming for a while, so Rita can’t protest to the Ministry without some rather awkward questions being asked…” she said with a grin.

Harry smiled, bemused, happy that the woman who had caused him such grief four years ago had missed an opportunity to cause some more.

Harry also thought back to yesterday, one of the happiest days of his life, his wedding. He and Ginny had worked very hard to keep it small, just the Weasleys, Hermione, the Order of the Phoenix, some people from Hogwarts; Neville, Luna, a few others. Rufus Scrimgeour and Cornelius Fudge both tried their best to get in, but Harry and Ginny would have none of it.

That isn’t to say that both of them weren’t persistent; first they tried to use Percy to obtain invitations for them, which backfired rather spectacularly, as Fred and George had been at the Burrow, discussing fireworks and party favors with Harry and Ginny; from what they heard afterward, it had taken Percy almost a month to grow back his hair and eyebrows.

After that incident, Fudge and Scrimgeour had leaned on Mr. Weasley, Tonks and Kingsley Shacklebolt in turn, trying to get an invitation through them.

But despite all of the headaches and general chaos, the wedding had been spectacular. All the Weasleys had come, with the exception of Percy; Bill and Fleur came, their own wedding only slightly more than a year-and-a-half past, Ron and Hermione sitting next to each other, fiddling with each other’s engagement rings.

Mrs. Weasley had outdone herself with the food, to the point where just the reception could have qualified for a several course meal, and as for the dinner itself? Ginny had been right; it would take a while just to finish digesting it all, with more where that had come from.

Fred and George had apparently spent a not insignificant percentage of the yearly income of Weasley Wizard Wheezes on the fireworks and other displays and had refused any and all payment, despite Harry and Ginny’s protests.

And as for the wedding ceremony itself… Harry thought that he had looked fairly handsome in his dress robes but Ginny had looked beautiful in her gown and veil, Harry thought, and he was being completely unbiased in thinking so, smiling to himself. Anyone could have seen it, and with that thought, rolled over for another kiss.

************************************** **************************************** ***************

After Harry and Ginny had spent some more time luxuriating and celebrating their status as a newlywed couple on their honeymoon, Harry got out of bed to stretch tired and achy muscles and joints, while Ginny remained under the covers, watching him with a bemused look on her face.

Harry, when he saw her expression, laughed and asked, “What so funny?” “Oh, nothing, nothing, just admiring the view”, she replied with a raised eyebrow and a devilish grin.

Harry laughed in response, and leaned over the bed, wrapping his arms around her and delivering a passionate kiss that was eagerly reciprocated. Harry straightened back up, carrying Ginny with him, up out of bed.

When they broke for air several minutes, hours, days later, Ginny gave him a bit of a silly pout look and said, “Well, since you got me out of bed, I guess I might as well go take a shower”.

She started walking towards the suite’s bathroom, and look back over her shoulder at Harry with an impish smile on her face. “You coming, or are you just going to stand there and ‘admire the view’?” Harry chortled and chased after her.

********************************** **************************************** *******************

As they were toweling, mostly each other, off, Harry caught a glimpse of themselves in the mirror, and stopped.

While it wasn’t quite the Mirror of Erised, or indeed, anything more or less than an ordinary bathroom mirror, he remembered what Dumbledore had said to him at the tender age of eleven, that the happiest man in the world could use that magical mirror as a perfectly ordinary one. Harry felt that now, with Ginny at his side, he could use that enchanted mirror and see this scene exactly as it was; two young people in love with each other and happy with their place in the world.

Ginny caught a glimpse of his expression in the mirror, and smiled. “I know what you’re think-ing!” she said in a sing-songy sort of voice. Harry turned to her with a mock gruff expression, “Oh? Have you been taking Legilimency classes from someone?” She laughed and responded, “You think I need magic to read your thoughts, Harry Potter? They’re written all over your face.”

“Oh? So what do you see written there?” Harry asked, amused, tickling her around her waist. Ginny giggled and responded, “Love, happiness, satisfaction, warmth and kindness, and the question that you’re always asking yourself, ‘why me? What did I do to deserve this?’” She kissed his dumbfound expression on the cheek, “, and I have an answer for that. You sacrificed so much, your family, the life you could have had, the parents you should have known, your godfather, your mentor, and almost your life on more than one occasion. You suffered so much and never lost your love, for me, for your parents, for Ron and Hermione, to name a few. You destroyed the Darkest Wizard known for centuries and you doubt whether you deserve a little happiness? Really the question here is what did I do to deserve a man like you?!” throwing her arms around his chest and kissing him slowly, passionately.

While they kissed, Harry had no thought but the woman in front of him, his love, his wife. When they broke for air, he held her face in his hands, lightly caressing her cheekbones with his thumbs, “because you fell in love with me, with Harry James Potter, not ‘The-Boy-That-Lived’ or ‘The Chosen One’ or whatever else they’re calling me these days. It’s because you love me, Harry-the-man, not Harry-the-legend. It’s because that while vengeance on Voldemort not just for myself but for myself and for all of his other victims gave me a reason worth dying for, you gave me a reason worth living for,”

He wrapped his arms under her shoulders, swinging and twirling her around, Ginny shrieking and laughing as they spun around. Stopping, Harry leaned in close and whispered, “And it’s because I am also so deeply, desperately in love with you”, and kissed her.

********************************** **************************************** *******************

Later, back in bed with Ginny beside him, Harry thought over the last few years, of the people and friends lost, of the lives cut short by Lord Voldemort, of the maturing he had done, maturing that had been helped along by this amazing woman who slept soundly next to and partially on top of him. He was no longer the angry and confused boy he had been before and he had her to thank for much of that. She had brought joy into his life ever since that day they had first kissed in the Gryffindor common room, and she was as much a part of him as his scar was, and no less deeply connected. He leaned over, whispered, “I love you Ginny” and kissed her, ever so lightly, on her lips, making her smile in her sleep. Harry smiled at that, too, and went back to sleep, next to Ginevra Potter, his wife and one true love.


A/N: This is my first ever fanfic submission, so please be gentle... no seriously, tell me what you think, but personally, I wanted there to be one place in writing, where, after all that Harry had been through, he found happiness.
Reviews 32
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear