Search:

SIYE Time:18:59 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Past is Behind Us
By SusieQ

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2003 ***

Ron and Hermione haven't spoken in a year. With a wedding approaching, can they forgive and forget their past?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2551







ChapterPrinter


Chapter One-Regrets

Hermione Granger straightened the papers on her desk and sighed. How could she, someone so meticulous, always seem to have a messy desk? She sighed as she put a cleaning spell on the desk. It didn’t work. Her old temper flaring, she took her wand and started banging it on the desk until-

“Um, Professor?”

Hermione looked up to see Farrah Moore, a 5th year student, looking strangely at her and clutching a book.

“Is this a bad time? ‘Cause you told me to come after Potions but if your busy then-“

Hermione blushed. “No, of course not Farrah, now what as it you needed?”

Twenty minutes later, she was hurrying down to The Three Broomsticks clutching her cloak and cursing herself for being late. She opened it to see,

“Hermione! I was wondering where you were!”

Ginny Weasley, also a Hogwarts teacher and one of Hermione’s closest friends, came up and hugged her.

“Where have you been? I was just wondering where it was you had got to.”

Hermione smiled. “Sorry Gin, I was preoccupied with a student.”

That wasn’t really the truth. In fact it wasn’t the truth at all. She had been thinking about someone. A certain, red-headed someone.

“Stop thinking about that!” she scolded herself. “He’s gone, remember? Gone. Off to fight dragons. So put him out of your head, would you?”
Ginny was talking, apparently not noticing Hermione was lost in her own thoughts.

“So I told Harry, what are you crazy? We can’t have an April wedding outside! I mean, you know, April showers, and he’s like, huh? Bloody men.”

Ginny took a sip of her water and stared at her friend curiously. “Um, Hermione?”

“What? Oh yes, well, that’s a lot like Harry.” Hermione gave a weak smile and raised her finger.

“Check please?
*

“Are you OK ‘Hermione?”

Hermione jumped from where she had been, grading tests. “Gin-don’t scare me like that!”

Ginny laughed. “Sorry. But seriously-“ her brown eyes looked troubled. “Are you Ok?”

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.”

“Good, then come on, we’re leaving.”

“What?”

“Don’t tell me you don’t remember! Wedding, bridesmaid’s dresses, 12:00, any of this ringing a bell?”

“Oh! Yes! Sorry Gin, I forgot.”

“No problem, come on we’re going to be late.”

*

Hermione sat at her table with the other bridesmaids, sipping her pumpkin juice. Ginny, as a treat, had taken all the bridesmaids out for lunch after their fittings. She stirred her drink absentmindedly.

“Why now?” she asked herself. “Why, when you’ve got a great job, great friends, why are you thinking of him now?”

“Ahh,” said a little voice in her head. “You still like him, don’t you?”

“Of course not! Well,”

“Ahhh!”

“This is silly, I should be concentrating on the wedding!” Hermione argued with herself.

“The wedding that he’ll be at?”
*

Ron Weasley turned to his one of his partners, Quinn, in disgust.

“Where is that bloody report? Sam should have been here a half an hour ago!”

“I dunno. Anyway, don’t you have somewhere to go?”

“What do you mean?”

“Isn’t your friend getting married?”

Ron looked at his shoes. “Oh, that’s not for a week.”

Quinn looked at him strangely.

“I don’t really want to talk about it, ok?”
Quinn’s eyes looked worried but she nodded and went back to her office.

Ron raked a hand through his untidy red hair. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to go to the wedding. He knew that he had to, because he was best man and all. And he knew he wanted to, deep down, because Harry was his best mate, and Ginny, well, she was his sister. But he was just nervous. About seeing one particular person.

Hermione.

He hadn’t spoken to her for a year, ever since they had had the fearful row when they both were under stress and tired. They hadn’t meant what they said. At least; Ron hadn’t, he didn’t know about her.

Ron sighed. He was supposed to be there in a week’s time, to help set up. He could think about it then. Right now, he had work to do.


Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear