Search:

SIYE Time:21:42 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Confessions
By jennymac

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 11
Summary: Harry stumbles upon GInny while out for a walk late one night. The two share conversations...and maybe more?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4968







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I am of course not J K Rowling or I surely would not be posted here! I own nothing of Harry Potter, it all belongs to Jo. I just sit here and come up with weird things and lose myself in her wonderful world. :D

*a/n I’d like to give a shout out and huggles to one of my favorite bands, Oasis. Their song, “Where Did It All Go Wrong” helped set the mood and helped me get this done tremendously fast! This is the song that Ginny sings at the end of the fic, although I changed some of the words to fit the way she felt. Enjoy!

Confessions
< /u>

Upon opening the towering front doors to Hogwarts castle, Harry Potter found himself greeted with an awe filled scene. A moon, full and bright, hung lazily in the sky, shining proud light that was perfect for basking under. Between the clouds, stars were beginning to wink and sing. A light breeze blew, warm and comforting, the trees and grass meandering in its presence. And the lake, with a light mist beginning to make its way across, reflected the scenes upside-down and broken on the waves. Yes, night was falling spectacularly over Hogwarts grounds. Hands in his robe pockets, he took a step and feeling the breeze on his face, he took another. He was walking, unsure of where he was going; only knowing this was a night he must taste.

Seeing the open rolling grounds in front of him, he closed his eyes and walked wherever his feet took him. He nearly reached the edge of the lake before he opened his eyes and noticed a figure sitting under a tree watching him intently. The figure waved as it realized he saw it, and curious Harry waved back and walked toward them.

Coming closer, he realized it was Ginny Weasley, her bright hair bleeding down her back, shining in the moonlight. She offered a smile and patted the ground, “Hi.”

He smiled back and graciously pulled up a patch of grass beside her. “What are you doing out here so late?” he asked.

“It’s beautiful,” she answered. “I knew I had to come out here again when we were at Quidditch practice.”

He nodded, “I felt the same.”

The two sat in companionable silence, content with the moment just as it was. Harry had begun to notice throughout the year that he often felt content and happy in Ginny’s presence. He had been able to confide in her when at a loss to say anything to Ron or Hermione. He hadn’t given it much thought last year, but he was thoroughly grateful she was able to speak with him now.

However he now wondered if perhaps he was the one who had feelings for her. He was very confused. Ginny had become a good friend to him, but what he felt for her, even he wasn’t sure.

“Thanks, Ginny,” he said suddenly.

Perplexed she asked, “For what?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. “I felt a need to thank you. For being a friend to me, I guess.”

She giggled, leaving Harry to feel drunk on her intoxicating laugh. “There’s no need to thank me for that, Harry.”

“I know. I just felt that I needed to. Like you deserved a thank you,” he said chuckling and suddenly feeling a bit awkward.

“I never thanked you,” she said quietly.

It was his turn to be confused, “For what?”

“For saving my life first year.” She looked deep into his grass colored eyes, her chocolate ones full of emotion, “Thank you, Harry,” she said and Harry’s heart galloped as she said his name.

“Ginny, really. If there’s anything that doesn’t need a thank you, that’s it.”

She shook her head, “I was so stupid,” she said, once again staring out onto the glittering lake, the mist rising slowly and drifting lazily.

“Ginny, you weren’t-”

“I was,” she whispered miserably. “Tom- he was so kind. He understood everything I went through. He didn’t tease me. He didn’t judge me. He finished sentences for me.” The next thing she said was so quiet that Harry could hardly hear her. “I should have known. Nobody is that perfect.”

“You couldn’t have known, Ginny,” he said, resisting an urge to wrap his arms around her.

“I should have guessed. And I should have told someone when I did know. I put everyone in danger…I put you in danger.”

“Ginny, stop! You’re being stupid. There’s no way you could have known sooner and you tried to get rid of the diary. You tried to tell someone.”

She shook her head, but said no more. Harry wasn’t entirely sure anything he said had helped at all. He was happy she was talking about it though. In four years, Ginny had never once spoken of her experience in the chamber and with the diary.

“It was horrible, Harry. He was so mean in the chamber. I felt as though…” her voice trailed off and suddenly she finished in an angry manner, “...as though he had raped my mind.” Harry didn’t know what to say to think and so he sat quietly waiting for her to continue or say something else. “Tom told me you wouldn’t come,” she said, now with more heart, “but I knew you would.”

“Voldemort’s a liar. Of course I was coming.” Bitterly he stared at the ground, picking at the grass between his legs, “And he knew it.”

“Harry, I’m so sorry,” she said, “I never wanted to put you in danger.”

His head began to hurt then and out of habit he rubbed his scar. Ginny watched him concerned. “I was already in danger,” said Harry gruffly. “DAMN VOLDEMORT!” he yelled to an innocent dark sky and with his mind on the prophecy, he picked up a stone and threw it roughly in the lake, satisfied for the moment by the ripples tearing through the water. Ginny stared at him questioningly as he calmed down. Harry wasn’t sure why, but he felt that he needed to tell someone about the prophecy. He wanted Ginny to know.

“I’ve been in danger since before I was born.” Ginny waited patiently for him to continue. “The prophecy- the one Voldemort lured us to the Department of Mysteries for- I know what it says,” he finished softly.

“How?” asked Ginny, surprised. “It smashed! Neville dropped it!”

“Dumbledore. He witnessed it. He told me.”

She stared at him in shock, “Harry…what did it say?” Harry could tell from the tone of her voice that she was terrified to know.

It took everything he could to make himself say it and he could hardly stand the look of terror on Ginny’s face when he did, “If I don’t kill Voldemort, he’ll kill me. And I’m the only one who can kill him.” From there he told her everything: the entire prophecy, how Neville was almost the one, how Voldemort transferred some of his power to Harry and what Dumbledore thinks the power “the dark lord knows not” is. He found it amazingly easy to tell her everything and when he was through, he sat silently waiting for her to say something.

“I was afraid of that,” she said finally. He watched her intently, noticing that she was desperately holding back tears, her eyes blinking rapidly and her mouth set in a frown. He had an impulse to lean over and kiss her frown away. Before he could dwell too much on that, Ginny shifted closer to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Startled, he did the only thing he knew to do: he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, her head resting on the crook of his shoulder. She shook a bit, which he took to mean a sob had escaped. Several moments passed and the two sat staring silently at the lake and two fairies flew passed them chasing each other, their lights bright.

“It’s so beautiful, isn’t it,” Ginny piped up, her voice sounding like honey to Harry’s ears.

“Yes, it is,” he replied. “Would you like to dance?” he asked, confusing himself as to why he was so bold.

She tilted her head up to look at him, a smile appearing on her face. “We have no music.”

He shrugged and stood up, “We can sing or something.” He held his hand out to help her up. “I would be honored if you would dance with me, Ginny Weasley.”

She gave a happy sigh, “The pleasure is mine, Harry Potter.” Taking his hand, she stood and put her arms around his neck as he encircled his around her waist.

She began to sing, her voice sending warm chills down his body. “And I hope you know that I won’t let go. I’ll stick around with you until the day you die. And I hope you know that it’s touch and go. I hope the tears don’t stain the world that waits outside. Where did it all go wrong?”

Harry had never been suave with girls. He was very shy and blushing with most. Yet he did not feel that way with Ginny. He knew now what he felt for her and somehow he knew that she felt the same way. He tilted her head to his face and watched her wide eyes in the moonlight, apparently ready for what came next. His heart melted, burning in an enjoyable way as his lips softly caressed hers under the curious sky.

As the kiss ended, Ginny smiled contently and the two resumed their dance. Harry smiled to the sky, thinking that the beauty of the evening must have been put together especially for them.

*a/n Please, I beg you, Review!! Thanks bunches!!
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear