Search:

SIYE Time:13:06 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Perfect Valentine's Day
By Pink Lizard

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 15
Summary: Harry loves Ginny. Ginny loves Harry. They both think the other doesn't feel the same. Maybe Valentine's day is what they need to reveal their true feelings. (a/n) I'm sorry if it's not that good, but it is my first fanfic, so it would mean alot if you would read and review!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4161







ChapterPrinter


The common room was louder than any other day thought harry and most people crowed round the noticeboard.
Harry retreated from the boys staircase and over to the noticeboared. And Harry realised why, not only is it valentines
day but also another Hogsmead weekend. Harry now in his sixth year had certainly growned up during the hoildays.
he was no longer skinny but well built and tall. Had he not had alot on his mind, (Voldemort, Sirius, School, Sirius
and the only girl he thought he would ever love.) he may have noticed that alot of girls had been looking his way.
He missed Sirius so much and now Ron and Hermione had realised their feelings they spent more time together
and though Harry was pleased for them, he couldn't help feeling lonely sometimes and without Sirius he didn't
have any to tell about how he felt.
"Hey Harry!".
Damn, here she is, the girl who got over me, the girl who's hair shone like the sun, with eyes the colour of the richest choclate.
"Hi Ginny."
"Did you see the noticeboard?"
"Yeah, the Hogsmead trip. Are you going with someone?", Harry wanted to kick himself, I just had to ask didn't I! Potter you fool!
"Yes, with Dean, we're dating" Like it would matter to harry anyway, Ginny thought furious at herself for still not getting over him.
"Good" Harry felt like he wanted to punch something, or in fact someone!
"What about you?"
"What about me?" said Harry confused
"Well aren't you going with someone? I mean your so good looking, I'm sure you'd have no trouble" said Ginny
" You think so do you?"
"Um-, well yeah!" Crap! Did I say that outloud!
Harry noticed that she blushed!
"I love it when you do that!"
" Do what?"
"n-nothing" Harry stammered. God I am a twat! "- and no I'm going alone!"
"What about Ron and Hermione?"
"Well it is Valentine's day, so I figured they might want to be alone!"
Awwwww, he's so thoughtful thought Ginny!
"That's very sweet of you Harry"
"Thanks, maybe we could have a quick drink or something?" Harry asked hopefully
"That would be great, well the date won't last the whole trip so I'll meet you there around... five?"
"Yeah, in The Three Broomsticks?"
"Excellent, five o'clock in The Three Broomsticks!"
"Hi Harry!"
"Hullo Dean" Harry had the urge to breaks his arms as they wound around Ginny!
"Hey Gorgeous!" Dean said to Ginny
"Hey, Yourself!" Ginny replied, If only Harry were Dean right now, NO stop it, you have got to get over him!
"Dinner's about to start, d'you want to go?" Dean asked
"Yeah, why not? Coming Harry? Ginny replied
"No, I'm not really hungry" said Harry, the truth was he didn't want to see Dean fawn over Ginny, and for Dean's own safety it is probably
best he didn't join them.
* * * * * *
So, here it is, Valentine's day. My first valentine with Dean. Okay so he's not Harry, but he treats me with respect and is kind and caring,
quite good looking. He is such a sweet boy and cares about me so much, but the only fault with him is the fact, he is NOT Harry.
God girl, get a grip and face the truth! Harry does not like you in that way, get over it and move on! Yes that is what I've got to do!
Okay, almost time to meet Dean downstairs. Ginny looked at herself in the mirrior, not bad she thought too herself. She had decieded to where muggle clothing today.
She wore a plain blue tank top which was a tad tight but not so tight it looked tarty, dark blue jeans which hugged her curves perfectly and her
long straight red hair, glossy in a high ponytail. It's time, slowly she walked down the staircase to the common room. Dean was standing there
his back too her pacing somewhat nervously.
"Hey!" said Ginny
"Hi Ginny!" Dean said as he turned, when he saw her his mouth dropped open."Wow! You look great!"
"Thanks, Shall we go?"
"Yes, lets!"
She took his arm and they walked out of the portrait hole, unaware they were being watched by a certain black haired boy.
Whenever Ginny comes Hogsmead village, she is always fascinated by it, as if it were her first time every time!
"What do you want to do first?" Dean said, breaking Ginny's thoughts
"Why don't we just walk around?"Ginny suggested, to be honest she wanted to run into someone.
"Okay" Dean agreed.
So they walked around, and Dean did most of the talking, Ginny just nodding and saying 'yes' here and there.
"Ginny?"
"Mmm?"
"Were you even listening?"
"Yes!"
"Oh, come on Ginny!"
"I'm sorry, today my mind is elsewhere!"
"Look, I know your not as keen on me as I on you and I know you like someone else-"
"Dean I,-!" Ginny stutterd, but it was no use, she knew he was right. "Look, I'm really sorry Dean, I don't know what to say."
"It's okay, make sure he treats you right."
With that he hugged her briefly and walked away. Ginny was left alone and the tears which had been threatening to fall, fell. Soon she was crying buckets and she knew she
wouldn't stop any time soon.
"Ginny?"
"Harry! I don't know what to do! Dean broke up with me because he thinks I like someone else! Ginny sobbed
"Oh come here!" Harry said with his arms open
Slowly Ginny walked over into his arms, she couldn't help think how good he smelt!
Damn, did her hair smell good Harry thought.
"But the truth is, he's right I do like someone else and the reason I'm crying is I don't know what to do!"
"Well, I think you should let him know how you feel, because whether or not he feels the same
at least you know." Harry said, You deserve to be happy with someone, even if it's not me, Harry thought.
"But, I'm scared that he'll like me but also scared he won't!"
"Look there is only one way to know for sure, take the risk! Harry said "I'm almost positive he will feel the same way!"
"You really think?"
"Would I lie to you?"
"Well, its you!" Ginny stepped back and waited for the response
"What's me?" Harry said confused and feeling he'd just lost something in him when Ginny stepped away.
"You are so thick sometimes!" Ginny said " I - Like - You.
"Y-you d-d-do?" Harry stammered, thinking he wasn't hearing clearly.
"Yes I do" Ginny said, God, I knew he didn't feel the same way. "- and you don't have to say anything because I know you don't feel the same way an-"
"But I do!" Harry cut in "I think, I love you Gin"
"Harry, to be honest I didn't want to say 'love' beacuse you'd probably think I was crazy or something, but I think I love you too!
"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear those words!" said Harry
"I think I do." Ginny replied
They stood there not saying anything, just enjoying eachother's company for a while.
She shivered, darkness had strarted to fall and it was geeting colder by the minute.
"Here, take my jacket!" Harry said as he draped her shoulders with his coat.
"Thanks!" Ginny said, and she smiled as Harry's arms wrapped around her and she felt everthing was right.
She looked up just as Harry looked down, and slowly their lips met and she swore firecrackers had gone off for that was how she felt. Her lips tingled when the kiss broke.
"This was the perfect valentine's day!" Ginny said
"Yeah it was" Harry replied
And together they walked back to the castle hand in hand.
THE END!



Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear