Search:

SIYE Time:10:28 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Signed, Your Future
By Luna_Lovegood831

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 15
Summary: A Sequel to Broken Pieces of a Shattered Life. She had dropped a glass in the kitchen. She had watched it shatter, and watched it be repaired. She wondered how something so utterly broken could just be fixed like that. No one who looked at it would know it had been broken, but she would know, she would remember.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3649







ChapterPrinter





*****



Ginny was in tears again. Nowadays the littlest things made her cry. She had dropped a glass in the kitchen. She had watched it shatter, and watched it be repaired. She wondered how something so utterly broken could just be fixed like that. Viola, the pieces replaced, looking as good as new, no one who looked at it would know it had been broken, but she would know, she would remember.



She slowly trudged up the stairs, and no one followed her. It had become so routine for her that no one could bear to watch her anymore. They would just turn away, hiding their looks of pity and disappointment. She had always been a quick rebounder, but being manipulated for a year had simply taken it out of her. Opening the door to her room and looking at the dark blue of the walls, she thought of how much it reflected her mood, cool, striking, full of despair. Flopping down on her bed she began to bawl hysterically into her pillow, muffling her sobs, strangling her tears.



Ginny heard a tap at the window, and as she continued to lay there, the rapping got louder and curiosity got the best of her. Owls never came to her, she had no one to write to, she was alone in a house full of people. She opened the window and to her surprise several owls flew in; a large eagle-owl, a few dark barn owls, and a snowy white one. She released the eagle-owl of its burden, a large, rectangular package, curiously lighter toward the center. She put it down on her bed and went to the next owls, which only had letters. After the letters were taken off, all flew away except for the snowy one.



She started with one of the three letters:



SNAKE CHARMER:

ARE YOU SO SURE YOU BELONG IN GRYFFINDOR??? IMAGINE THAT, A WEASLEY, THE TRUE SLYTHERIN HEIR… WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT YOU ARE TO YOUR FAMILY. YOU’RE A FAKE. YOU’RE A FRAUD. YOU SHOULD BE DISSOWNED YOU LITTLE DARK WITCH. YOU ARE JUST LIKE ANY SLYTHERIN, MUDBLOOD HATER.

SIGNED,

YOUR FUTURE



She let the letter slip from her hands and silently fall to the floor. Her whole body was shaking. They were right. She was the worst kind of Slytherin. She had attacked muggle-borns in Hogwarts. Her breathing was coming in short raspy breaths. Almost automatically, she reached for one of the other letters.



SNAKE CHARMER:

IMAGINE THAT. A BLOOD TRAITOR LIKE YOURSELF, COMING FROM A LONG LINE OF BLOOD TRAITORS, PURGING YOURSELF OF YOUR DISPICABLE BACKGROUND AND JOINING FORCES WITH YOUR BETTERS, ALL IN YOUR FIRST YEAR. A WEASLEY, THE ONLY WEASLEY GIRL IN MANY GENERATIONS, THE GREATEST AID THE DARK LORD EVER HAD, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BRIGHT PROSPECTS IN THE DARK ARTS.

SIGNED,

YOUR FUTURE




Once again they were right. It was all she could think, she had let Vol-Tom Riddle possess her. She had aided him in the pursuit of riding Hogwarts of muggle-borns. She should be in Slytherin. She shouldn’t be a Weasley. No Gryffindor would allow that to happen to themselves, and more importantly, no Weasley would either. She should be in Slytherin.



She reached for the package, hoping against hope that maybe it would be better, maybe it was support in some form. Something black fell from the wrapping as she tore at the paper. Something black and inky, with a hole in the center. Lying at her feet was the diary of Tom Riddle, with a letter poking out at the top. She reached for the letter, transfixed. She had to know what it said.



SNAKE CHARMER:

HOW CAN YOU BEAR TO LIVE WITHOUT THIS PART OF YOU, THIS PART THAT COMPLETES YOU? BIG PLANS ARE IN STORE FOR YOU. BIGGER THAN YOU OR THAT MUGGLE-LOVING FATHER OF YOURS COULD KNOW. AN INTREGAL PARTS OF THE MIX, YOU ARE. JUST WAIT, THE DARK LORD WILL RETURN, DARKER AND MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER BEFORE, AND YOU SHALL BE HIS QUEEN. KEEP THIS AS A TOKEN OF OUR ESTEEM, WE THANK YOU FOR BEING OF SERVICE, AND LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE.

SIGNED,

YOUR FUTURE



She picked up the diary and flipped through its pages. There were no traces left of the friend she had known, instead, all the pages contained was malice. A weapon of the greatest sort, ready to instill fear in her heart, ready to make her bend to any command. She walked over to her wardrobe, slowly opened the door, picked up a pile of sweaters, and yanked out the loose board. She dropped the diary in and replaced the board, the sweaters, and the door. She would keep it there until she thought of a proper way to dispose of it. Burning and tearing seamed too good. Ginny grabbed at the letters and began to tear furiously. She picked up the pile, and tossed it into her bin. She unceremoniously clapped her hands together. She couldn’t figure out if she was more angry or depressed. Depression came with anger she reasoned, and violent mood swings. She walked purposefully over to the bed and grabbed at the letter by the snowy owl, as if daring the letter to start out ‘snake charmer.’ When she opened it, she breathed a sigh of relief, for it contained not the frightening appearing script, but a friendly looking scrawl. It started out:



Ginny-

Hi, it’s Harry, I know I haven’t written you before, but I wanted to check and see how you were. I know it’s been a terrible year for you and I am really sorry that none of us noticed anything wrong. I guess I was too caught up with my own problems, everyone thinking I was the heir of Slytherin. I just wanted you to know that I know how it feels to be ridiculed like I am betting you will be, and if I can help at all, please let me know. Alright, take care Ginny. I’m not supposed to be using Hedwig at all for sending letters, but my ‘aunt’ is coming and I have to have Hedwig stay with you guys as my ‘aunt’ knows nothing of my ‘abnormality.’ I’ve attached a note to Ron about Hedwig so you don’t have to explain it. Whatever people say Ginny, it wasn’t your fault, do not feel guilty, you can’t change the past, only learn from it. You fought back and kept a death from occurring. You are a true Weasley and a true Gryffindor. I really hope your summer improves, and I’ll see you at Hogwarts.

The Best,

Harry


When did Harry start channeling Dumbledore? Who cares, Ginny’s leaden heart had been given wings, and was valiantly trying to soar. Harry Potter had written to her, all because of what happened the past year. Every cloud had a silver lining; though this silver lining was bittersweet, it was silver none the less. He had written her a heart-felt letter, which, from hearing about it from Ron and Hermione, was not something he ever did. She needed his letter after those horrible ones. He had called her a true Gryffindor and a true Weasley. He thought she was strong, well he hadn’t exactly said it, but he said she fought back, that was something. She smiled through the tears that were still falling. Whenever she was feeling terrible, she knew she could go back to this letter, and lift her spirits. She absentmindly stroked Hedwig, as an unfamiliar feeling welled up in her heart: hope.



*****



The next morning when she went downstairs, she learned great news. They had won the Galleon draw and were going to see Bill in Egypt!! It was such a great surprise, she did what she was getting to be brilliant at, she cried. This cry was different than all the other ones that had come previously, she was happy as she could be after the times she had been through.



*****



IN EGYPT-




Bill was sitting down next to Ginny, he had his arm around her and they were just starting a talk, while the rest of the family was out exploring. He was smiling down at her.



“I’m proud of you, Gin,” he said in his big brotherly way.



She sighed, she knew this topic would come up, it was just a matter of time. The first minute they had been alone, it had started.



”No, I’m serious Gin. You’re doing much better than anyone else could have done under this strain. After the year you had, anyone else who would have been in your place would have cracked. You’re picking up and moving on. I’m sorry that you had to learn this lesson so early, but with life come trials and tragedy. You’ve got to do the best you can, and if need be, start over. I wish I could say something more profound and helpful than that, but that’s what’s true. You’re a good kid Gin, much better than any one of us could have hoped for. Strong, brave, and independent. Caring and wonderful. I know it may not seem like that now, but before long, you will understand.” He finished, still smiling knowingly down at her.



She placed her hand in her pocket and felt Harry’s letter, which she had already made a treasure of, which had already become more precious to her than anything in those pyramids. That letter kept her from breaking down just then.



Ginny looked up and smiled back at Bill. She said something about being thirsty. He laughed, saying that the desert had that effect on people. He showed her where the cups were for future reference, filled one, and handed it to her. Her palms were sweaty and the glass dropped. In slow motion she watched it shatter, and within an instant it was repaired. She would always know it would be broken, but now she would also know it could be fixed.


*****



a/n- I just wrote the first part of this yesterday, and I may have another one in the works, so look for it soon! Please review, because it is the only way to improve.


Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear