Search:

SIYE Time:23:09 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Airport
By cloud9

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: Making sure that you always speak from your heart is the lesson that Harry may have learned too late. Please R/R!!!!!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4941







ChapterPrinter


A/N: I own nothing.

Harry glanced at his watch. The ominous florescent lights read 5:50. He knew that if he didn’t take this chance he might never see her again. He fidgeted nervously as the cab grinded to a halt in the traffic of the airport.

“Why didn’t she just take an international portkey, why an airplane.”

She was Ginny Weasley and Harry had just found out that she was leaving for America to be with her boyfriend, Dean Thomas, who was studying art in New York City. Ginny had been contemplating the move for months. But in knew that Harry was never going to see her other than a sister. So she quietly packed up, said good bye to her family and departed for the airport.

It was the summer after Ginny’s 7th and final year and Harry had spent that year fighting Voldemort, (or to appease Ron, you-know-who) and finally defeating him in the final and bloodiest fight ever. Many people died, more bad then good, but there were still some heroes to mourn over. Ginny had been right there in the fighting and saw the emotional toll it had on Harry and was his support throughout all the turmoil. What she didn’t know is that Harry had started to love her, but held it in, in case that feeling was not returned. But of course Ginny had love for Harry, but felt that he could never love her, and because she was with Dean even though she hadn’t seen Dean for a year.

Harry grew more and more restless as the cab sat there in the traffic. He looked at his watch again and started to panic. He knew that her flight took off at 7:30 and it was close to 6:15, and he had to locate what flight she was on and where it was in the terminal. Harry suddenly threw more than enough money for the cab and jumped out of the cab and started to run.

Harry had found out about Ginny when he decided to apperate to the Burrow about an hour ago. He was bored around the flat that he and Ron shared because Ron was out with Hermione and so decided that he could would go and see if Ginny would like to hang out with him. When he landed in front of the Burrow, he could feel that something was different. When he walked in he saw Mrs. Weasley sitting at the table crying. Ron and Hermione were sitting next to her looking morose.

“What’s the matter, why is mom crying?”

Harry who decided that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had helped him so much while growing up, decided to call them mom and dad, and they were more that pleases on his decision, saying that he is there adopted son and he was always welcome in their home.

Ron looked up and saw that he was close to tears, but wasn’t going to do so. It was Hermione that finally spoke.

“Ginny has finally decided to move to America.”

Harry felt all the blood drain from his face. He felt weak and sank to his chair. Hermione continued to talk.

“She decided this morning. She left about an hour ago. Mr. Weasley just left with her to take her to the airport.”

Harry put his head in his hands. He knew this was decided upon what happened last night. He, Ron, Hermione and Ginny all went out to celebrate Harry’s 19th birthday. They went to a fancy restaurant that had a dance floor and a jazz band. Ron and Hermione just got up to dance and left Harry and Ginny at the table. They were having a nice conversation when suddenly the cell phone that Dean had given Ginny started to jingle. They both knew who it was. Ginny picked it up and almost instantly got into an argument about where she was and who she was accompanied by. Ginny finally got so mad that she hung up on him. Harry didn’t know what to say that he said the last thing that came to him mind.

“C’mon, let’s dance.”

Ginny got up slowly and Harry saw for the first time what she was wearing. It was a form fitting muggle dress. It was a deep purple and looked great with her hair and skin. Harry drew in his breath sharply and quickly looked away. When he looked back at Ginny she had a small smile on her face. Harry took her hand and gently led her to the floor. They slowly swayed to the music. Ginny felt comfortable in this arms and it almost felt that they were meant to be. Harry finally broke the silence.

“So is everything all right with Dean?”

Ginny made a small grimace, and looked like she was picking her words carefully.

“He doesn’t like me to be with you. He feels like that you are trying to steal me away from him. But that is just silly, I mean, we are just friends. I guess he just believes the gossip.”

“What gossip?”

“You know the tabloids, I guess our dear friend Mr. Finnegan sent him the latest issue and he called me in a fit.”

Harry snorted. The “gossip” was the new tabloid paper for witches that liked to follow Harry around and link him to every female he was friends with. Lately it has been Ginny because Ron and Hermione have been together more and more, and Harry and Ginny were left to do stuff on there own. Of course, Harry has been linked to Hermione, Tonks, Angelina, Alicia, Penelope, Fleur and supposedly having a steaming adulterous affair with Mrs. Weasley. It is funny because all of them are dating the Weasley men, so the whole thing is funny.

“So he thinks you and I are in love, and he is jealous. Well I think I can see where he can be jealous; if you were mine I wouldn’t let you out of my sight.”

Ginny suddenly got a questioning look in her eye, and Harry saw where he made his mistake.

“Ahem, I mean all this in a brother type way.”

This didn’t seat well with Ginny and it could be seen in her eyes.

“I think I am done dancing Harry. I am tired and I need to go and patch things up with Dean.”

She started to leave the dance floor when Harry grabbed her. When she turned to him, she could tell that he had a sorry look in his eye.

“Ginny, if I said anything to offend you, I am sorry. I hope everything works out. I am going to tell Ron and Hermione that you needed to leave and I am going to go too. I will see you later.”

With that he gave her a friendly kiss on her cheek and moved through the dancing crowd to speak with Ron. Ginny felt a tear creep out of her eyes, knowing that Harry was only going to love her as a sister, and that kiss was the most love she ever going to get.

Harry lifted his head out of his hands and looked at the group. They knew that he loved her, and knew what he was going to do. Mrs. Weasley sighed and gave a small smile.

“Her flight is at 7:30, and before she left she gave me this to give to you.”

She handed Harry a small present. Gave him a kiss on his head and left the room. Harry opened the card and could not believe what he read.

Dearest Harry,
As you read this, I am gone. I forgot to give you your gift last night and I really want you to have it. I need to let you know that I love you. More than life itself. You have had my heart since before than I knew you. But that is when you were The-Boy-Who-Lived. Then I met you, and I gained your trust and friendship and then you had my heart as Harry. I love you for being just you. But last night made me realize that you would never feel the same way. You love me, but not as much as I love you. I am learning to accept this, and as much as I wish for you to love me, I need to move on. But to move on, I need you to know: that even though I am leaving you for Dean, who loves me, the only one in my heart is you. Always and forever I will be yours. I hope that you can find someone who loves you as much as I do. I know I will see you over the years, because we will always be friends. I will write when I settle in America and you better write and also visit me. If you don’t you will receive a nice curse when I get home to England. Oh, and I hope you like your present. Have a very Happy Birthday.
Love Always,
Ginny

Harry felt his eyes began to prick with tears. He felt like his heart had exploded. He never knew how she felt. He knew that years ago, Ginny had gotten over her childhood crush, but he never knew that was extremely far from the truth. Harry looked up at Ron and Hermione. They both had knowing looks on their face. Harry felt like yelling at them for not telling him, but he knew that he was also at fault for not telling her his feelings.

“You have to tell her.”

Ron said that with an air of certainty. With that said he and Hermione got up and let Harry open his present in peace. Harry looked down and gently ripped the paper. When he got it all of he felt the tears come back to his eyes, but this time it was from laughter. It was a picture of him and Ginny on the night that they got all dressed up to celebrate the freedom of the wizarding world. Ginny looked gorgeous and so Harry stayed by her side the whole time. When they were dancing, Ginny’s heel off her shoe broke and she fell to the floor with a twisted ankle. Harry didn’t question and just bent down and picked her up. When they straightened up Ginny started to protest and started to kick. It made Harry lose his balance and they both ended in a tangle of limbs. Someone grabbed a camera and snapped a picture of the laughing Harry and Ginny.

Suddenly Harry put the frame on the table and apperated out of the burrow. He apperated over to his flat where he ran to the street and called for the taxi.

So that led him to where he was now. Running through the streets, to tell Ginny how much he loved her. Even if she still left, at least she still knew. Harry ran into the airport and glanced at the monitors that stated the departures, Harry was relieved that there was only one flight that left at 7:30 for New York. Harry saw that it left at gate 67 and took off full speed for that gate. Harry soon stopped when he realized that he had to wait in line to get through security. He patiently waited while people put the bags on the conveyer belt and walked thought the metal detector. Soon he started to worry. Time was creeping by and he knew that he might miss her if he took to long.

“I need to hurry, I don’t have any bags, but I need to get through.”

Harry was shocked that this was coming out of his mouth. But thankfully he was let through. He started to run full bore to the gate. He never let up speed, and made it to the gate with time to spare. But then he glanced at the sign above the gate. In red florescent colors it read

New York (JFK)
Final Boarding…..Last Call

Harry felt his heart drop. He looked around for a red haired clue that she was anywhere in the waiting zone. He felt a hand clap on his shoulder. His heart leaped, but too soon.
“I’m sorry son, she left.”

There stood Mr. Weasley. Harry’s eyes filled with tears as he turned and walked over to the waiting lounge and collapsed on the chair. He finally let the tears come. He started to tell Mr. Weasley, who followed, how much he loved Ginny and that she would never know now because she had left, and next time he saw her she would be taken.

Harry just kept on rambling on and on till he realized that Mr. Weasley had grown unusually quiet. He had been inserting comforting words in between Harry’s ramblings. Harry looked around and realized that they weren’t alone, and the guest was not who he had expected.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“As best man, I would like to announce for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Harry Potter”

The couple ran in to the screaming guests. Of course there were many people there. This was Harry Potter, people begged to obtain an invitation to this once in a life time event. The couple walked to the dance floor and drew each other close and started to sway to the music.
For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me
The party guests all had tears in their eyes as the couple finished their dance with a tender kiss. As the party started to get lively, the crowd started to eat and dance. The receiving line was monstrous so the people that haven’t yet to meet Harry Potter got the chance. The band was set to play all night as the caterers were prepared to keep the food and drink flowing. There was a 14-tiered cake next to the large pile of presents. And while the guests started to leave they all signed an enlarged photo that they each signed. Years later this photo of a young couple taking their first kiss in an airport hangs in the house of Harry and Ginny Potter.


A/N: The song is from Celine Dion. I think the title is Because You Loved Me.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear