Search:

SIYE Time:10:10 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Alone
By Fire and Ice

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

She is alone. She has no friends, only an overprotective family that watches her every move. Can she break free and help save the wizarding world with powers that only she has, and in the process possibly find romance?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2663







ChapterPrinter


I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER! (This disclaimer should last for the entire story.)



Alone



Chapter 1: In Which We Start Our Story



Petite red head, brown-eyed Ginevra Weasley (know to everyone as Ginny) pounded into the muggle punching bag with a ferocity that would frighten her six older brothers. She had been practicing the muggle sport of kickboxing since last summer at Number 12 Grimmauld Place, the home of the late Sirius Black, (now the house of Harry Potter though he did not yet know it) who had met his untimely death just before Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had let out for the summer. She had only known Sirius for hardly a year when he passed away, yet he quickly became her only friend and confidant. When she first met him, he had tried to bond with her entire family, which included her mother, father, and her older brothers, Bill Weasley, Charlie Weasley, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, and Ronald Weasley. Everyone was eager to be friends with Sirius, except for her mother Molly Weasley; she had always turned a disapproving eye on Sirius for some reason or another.

At first, Ginny was shy of him. She had always been the odd one out no matter where she was. As the last of seven children and the only girl in the family for several generations, her parents and siblings always ignored her. When she started Hogwarts, she was passed over by her peers, only known to teachers and students alike as the “Girl Weasley”, then she was possessed by Tom Riddle (a.k.a. Lord Voldemort) in her first year, endangering anyone that crossed her path and nearly killing several people, every person she knew regarded her with hatred and fear, which didn’t help the fact that she never stopped blaming herself for the damage caused. The incident didn’t do anything to improve her standing in her family except now she was overly protected, her kin or their friends were always watching her; it had gotten to the point where she couldn’t even keep a correspondence with a pen pal without someone reading it because somebody (she suspected her mother) always read it. As a result, she ended the only friendship, however distant, she had ever had. She was literally suffocating. When she met Sirius, she tried to avoid him as much as possible, hoping to discourage him because she assumed it would be the same… except it wasn’t. Sirius understood she needed to breathe and he saw that if something weren’t done soon she would blow her top. Literally. He taught her martial arts, fencing, and kickboxing because she had told him of her secret dream to be an Auror and help wizards and witches in danger. If it hadn’t been for Sirius, Ginny Weasley might have gone insane in her solitude.

Once Ginny had returned home from her most recent year at Hogwarts, she received the world’s longest lecture known to wizarding kind from her mother. Mrs. Weasley criticized Ginny the whole drive back to Grimmauld Place about how she wasn’t strong enough to do things like fighting Death Eaters and it should be left to her brothers who were older and able to defend themselves. She seemed to have forgotten the fact that Ginny herself had held her own against Lucius Malfoy, a rather powerful and evil wizard, during the battle. Meanwhile the whole time she had been talking the entire family was shaking their heads as if disappointed in her, except for her brother, Ron, who stared out the window with a look of shame upon his face. He had been with her when they went on their “little escaped” and finally understood that Ginny needed to live her own life, but he didn’t like it and she could be sure he would stick his nose in it as much as possible. Ginny, of course, had taken the lecture quietly, holding back the words of protest that wanted to escape from her mouth and fly at her family.

As a result, this is where our story begins, with a small but determined girl, beating the death out of a red punching bag, in anger and frustration, because if she lost her temper people could die because of the powers she possessed, powers that she had kept secret all her life. Everyone wanted to mold and shape her and protect her. She wanted to experience life and be free.

She was Ginny Weasley, a pureblood, overprotected witch, with a temper and extraordinary powers, longing to break free and run away. She was alone.





Chapter Two: In Which Ginny Loses Her Temper.





Ginny wiped her head with the side of her arm and closed her eyes in exhaustion. Pulling off of her boxing gloves, she let out a sigh and gathered her bathing things together then stepped out into the hall and made her way to one of the lavatories on the second floor of Number 12 Grimmauld Place. It was July 20, and there were only eleven days until Harry arrived and she was exhausted from cleaning the entire house top to bottom. Hermione had been in the residence since the first of July and she was forever nagging the youngest Weasley to write Harry a letter. Ginny always refused, saying Harry had enough Weasley’s writing him and that he didn’t need another one added to it.

In truth though, Ginny was afraid. It was true, what she had told Hermione last summer, that she had given up on Harry. She had given up but that didn’t mean she stopped liking him. She was afraid that he would think she still had a crush on him. Well, she did, but she didn’t want him to know that. In the past year, she had come to know him well and she didn’t want to ruin the progress she had made, by writing one measly letter that might let him know how she really felt.

Ever since that night at the ministry not long ago, she had been having nightmares about her first year at Hogwarts and as the dreams progressed, they would morph into the battle at the ministry. She had taken to stuffing a sock in her mouth to muffle her screams and so far it had worked quite well. She knew though, that once the raven haired boy arrived, special precautions needed to be taken, as he seemed to have a knack of accidentally sticking his nose in peoples business and she didn’t want to alert anyone of her dreams.

She stepped out of the shower, feeling thoroughly scrubbed and ready to take on the world. After she combed the tangles out of her hair, that is.

She had just set down the brush when her one of the twins, she couldn’t tell which, banged on the door.


“Oy! Gin, are you done yet?” He yelled, quite rudely in her opinion.


“Just a minute, you git!”


“Mum says dinner is ready!”


She opened the door, her face blooming a magnificent shade of crimson. Her temper so close to the surface these days, was about to explode onto the unfortunate twin outside her door, who she had discovered to be George.


“I will be down in a minute.” She had taken on an icy tone that she knew would make her brother think twice before saying anything else and true to tradition it did, though the next thing he did was quite strange. He quickly turned around and nearly ran downstairs. None of her brothers ever reacted like that when she talked back to them.


Upon reentering the lavatory and looking at herself in her mirror, she realized that her eyes had turned ice blue. Hurriedly thinking of normal happy thoughts, such as flying at the Barrow, she watched her eyes return to their normal cinnamon brown coloring. With a satisfied smirk she skipped down the stair, ready for dinner and the curious looks that were sure to accompany it.

True to her thought, when she reached the dinner table, Fred and George were shooting her a mixture of curious and panicked looks. She remained calm throughout the meal, even when her mother began lecturing Ron, Hermione, and herself about the housework that would need to be done before Harry’s arrival.


“Now you three are going to have to sweep the floors and mop them, dust the painting in the foyer, and also the den, all the bedrooms, the kitchen is in need of…”


At this point Ron in Ginny fell into their usual stupor that occurred whenever their mother began to list household chores and only Hermione stayed alert, raptly listening to all of the things that were being listed. Deftly, Ginny put her eating utensils in the sink and left the kitchen with the twins following close behind her, while her mother still rattled on in the backround about clean linens and the like. The twins stopped her in the dreary main hallway decorated with Slytherin House relics and began their interrogation.


“Our dear sister Ginevra-” started Fred.


“it has come to our attention-” said George.


“that there is something rather odd-”


“going on with you.”


“Care to tell us what it is?” George said in a sickly sweet voice.


“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She replied breezily.


“Bloody Hell!” George swore, “Don’t lie to me, Ginny! I saw your eyes turn blue when you were mad at me before dinner. What is wrong with you?”


“All I did was try one of those snacks you two are working on. You know, the green frog shaped ones.”


“Is that it?” Fred asked.


“Yes.” There was more than a hint of exasperation in her voice.


“Well than-” said Fred.


“in that case-” George added.


“STAY OUT OF OUR BLEEDING ROOM!” the twins yelled together.


“And the side effects of the frog should wear off in twenty four hours.” One of them thoughtfully added.


Ginny was seeing red. Yes, she was lying about the frog, she had never had one!, but it gave them no right to assume that she would go in their space! “I wasn’t in your room you blokes! How thick do you think I am?”


Ginny was vaguely aware that the portraits in the hall were beginning to yell and make noise and her family members, Hermione, and various members of the Order who were arriving for the next meeting were beginning to stare, but she didn’t care. This blast had been threatening to come for weeks, and nothing was going to stop her from getting the satisfaction from yelling at someone.


“If you weren’t in our room, than how did you get one of the sweets?” George said in a would-be calm voice.


“It was on the kitchen table! Do you really think I would be stupid enough to actually go in your room after all the explosions that come out of it?”


“I don’t know! You were thick enough to go to the ministry!” Fred and George had now both lost their tempers and their faces were an identical shade of purple.


A blur of Ginny’s hand flew threw the air and connected with Fred’s right cheek, hitting him so hard that it cause his head to snap to the side.


“Don’t ever say that again, Fred. Ever.” Her voice was as cold as ice and barely above a whisper, but the entire room heard it. Eyes blue and small frame shaking with rage, Ginny turned and ran up the stairs to her room as the howls of an unexpected storm began to rock the house.





Hey! Don’t forget to review! I have no idea when I will be done with chapter three, but I’ll try to have it done before I go out of town on vacation! Have a good summer!



Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear