Search:

SIYE Time:2:17 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


No Need To Care
By Mad-Madeye

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 4
Summary: Number 3 in the 'No need to...' Series. Ginny's has an unexpected conversation the day after Bill and Fleur's Wedding. Rated M for language
Hitcount: Story Total: 1342



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Number 3 in the 'No need to...' Series. Ginny's has an unexpected conversation the day after Bill and Fleur's Wedding. Rated M for language




ChapterPrinter


This is the third one-shot in my little no need to series. I think I’m going to go onto the battle story from here, Thanks for reading guys, and as always thanks to Kawaiicicle for reading and editing this😊.
Disclaimer: I own nothing to do with the HP franchise, all rights go to JK Rowling.

------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -----------------

Ginny really should have been spending time with her family. But instead here she was, ridding the garden of gnomes. It’d only been a day since they’d left and she was already going spare. She knew it was a very real possibility that no one would hear from them for a while…if ever again. With that thought, she grabbed one of the gnomes and launched it full pelt over the garden wall.
She lay down in the grass, staring at the always gloomy sky, willing herself not to cry. She’d only cried once since Dumbledore’s funeral.

Fucking Ron.

She knew he meant well. She was aware that she had been moping since she’d got back to the Burrow. It’d been a source of a few arguments between herself and her mother. Of course, these arguments had meant she had to lie about her reasons for moping. She’d told her family it was over Dumbledore. She snorted at the thought.
They probably think me and Dumbledore were having some kind of sordid affair by the way I’ve been moping.
They knew not to push it though. Ron knew why, of course. Deep down she understood why he’d burst into her room to stop whatever was going on between her and Harry not but a day before. She understood, she just wishes he hadn’t. All she wanted was to kiss him one more time… and maybe take that final step…but no. Maybe it was for the better. Maybe she needed Ron to interrupt. Maybe this would have felt much worse had he not.

She was suddenly aware of a body looming over her. Blonde hair and unexplainably pretty.
Must be Phlegm.

‘I zaw you from ze kitchen window’ she said softly. She sat down next to Ginny, looking at her curiously. ‘Iz everyzing ok?’

Ginny wanted to tell her to piss of and leave her alone, but she decided against it–the poor girls wedding had just been ruined.

‘Yeah, just worried about Ron’ Her automatic response. A response that, usually, didn’t result in many questions being asked. Usually, the mere mention of her missing brother would result in her family dropping the conversation entirely. A much too painful, and dangerous topic.

‘Ah. Yes. You muzt be very worried.’ She said unconvinced. Her blue eyes sparkled as they watched her. ‘It has nozing to do with a boyfriend, no?’

‘I don’t have a boyfriend’ Ginny said stoically crossing her arms defensively. This was not a conversation she wanted to have, let alone with phlegm. ‘Haven’t had one for a while. Don’t plan on it either.’

‘Zis is not what Viktor tells me’ Fleur says looking at Ginny with soft eyes. Silently urging Ginny to open up, but this was something she wasn't prepared to do. Especially with Phlegm.

‘And what would Viktor Krum know about my love life?’ Ginny said staring at the sky, once again acting as unbothered as possible.

‘Apparently your couzin warned him off. Viktor took a liking to you, but your couzin says you have big, jealous boyfriend’ Fleur chuckled, her eyes twinkling as she watched Ginny, waiting for a reaction.

‘Cousin? What cousi–’ She looked at Fleur out of the corner of her eye and muttered. Her eyes scanned the garden. They were under surveillance she knew she couldn’t say much, not without a few death eaters popping in for a follow up chat anyway. ‘Cousin Barny was it?’

‘Yes’ Fleur said giving her a soft smile, reaching to put a hand on Ginny’s crossed arms ‘It iz ok to mizz him too Ginny’

‘I have nothing, no one, to miss’ she said defiantly. Subconsciously pulling her arms away from Fleurs reach and crossing them tighter. ‘Except Ron of course…’

Liar; she berated herself

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Fleur spoke again.

‘I have alwayz been very intimidated by you. You are much younger and much stronger zan I will ever be.’ Ginny sat up, looking at her quizzically. ‘Bill alwayz speaks about you. Alwayz saying how much we would get on. All I have ever wanted waz for us to be friendz. I know you do not like me Ginny, but I thought maybe we could change zat?’

Ginny was stunned. Fleur intimidated by HER. The girl was in the Tri-Wizard tournament and part veela to boot, hell, if anything Ginny should be intimidated of her!

‘I-I’d like that’ Ginny replied, staring at the beautiful girl. Maybe this would be good for her. A girl to talk to. A girl that wasn’t best friends with her ex.

‘Good’ Fleur smiled, standing up. She gave Ginny a quick crouching hug and whispered.
‘It iz ok to still care for him. He will come back.’ Ginny sucked in a breath. Did she know it was Harry? Did she think it was some big, burly bloke? Either way, Fleur understood something. That wouldn’t do.

‘No need to care, Fleur. Got nothing to care about,’ she plastered on a false smile and stood up with the older girl. Now was the time to stop moping. She walked towards the Burrow, Fleur by her side. ‘Except for my brother of course.’

Fleur looked at her skeptically, with slight worry in her eyes, but accepted her answer. ‘Of course’
Together they walked into the kitchen of the Burrow. Her family all seated quietly at the table, waiting for them to join, and despite her mother’s best attempts at keeping spirits high there was three very obvious gaping holes. Only confirming to Ginny that her words were true. There was no need to care, it was simply too painful to care.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear