Search:

SIYE Time:13:25 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Look Who's Coming to Dinner
By DragonHeartstring

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, Crossover, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: Set in the Seeing Double universe. It's time for dinner with the family in which Hermione learns to cook, Ginny isn't ready to get married, and Harry has big balloons.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4141



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hi again! As it says above, this is set in the same world as Seeing Double, so it is AU, and if you did not read that you probably will be confused by this. But go ahead and try if you would like. This time there is no murder or crimes of any sort; this is just a silly one-shot that I came up with to distract myself from GRE prep. Trust me, it isn't anything good, but I'll share anyway. Again, anything you recognize comes from someone else's mind, no infringement intended. Rating and warning is for mild innuendo - watch yourselves kids. Let me know what you think!




ChapterPrinter


There was a low hum of activity in the Auror Office close to the end of business hours on a particularly blustery late autumn day. With no major active cases being investigated at the moment and the rapidly approaching holiday season, many of the Aurors were preparing themselves to leave early, gathering their possessions and discussing their weekend plans.

In one corner of the office, three teammates sat in relative silence. Seamus Finnegan smothered a chuckle as he watched Ginny Weasley stare at her watch. He looked across the cubicle station and locked eyes with his partner, Aaron Matthews, and grinned. Both quickly turned away from each other in order to avoid laughing out loud and getting Ginny’s attention.

“I’m out!” Ginny exclaimed just as the minute changed to their end time, jumping up from her seat and looking at her colleagues. Simultaneously, Aaron and Seamus began laughing, and Ginny swiveled her head between the two. “What?”

“I’ve never seen you so eager for the day to end, Weasley,” Seamus said with a smile. “So, what are your plans for tonight that you are so eager to get to?”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “I already told you, I am going home for dinner,” she said, pushing the last piece of parchment left on her desk into her in-tray and shrugging on her heavy cloak.

“Ah, that’s right, the ‘meet the parents’ dinner,” said Aaron, swiveling around in his seat to face Ginny, who stood before her teammates with her arms folded across her chest. “Potter has to guarantee he makes a good impression tonight; these events can make or break a relationship, you know. Where is he anyway? He hasn’t been here all day.”

“He knew I was just doing paperwork, so he decided to do his own work for once.” Ginny said.

“What work?” Aaron asked. “Last I checked all Potter did was lounge about here and bug you.”

“He doesn’t ‘bug’ me,” Ginny said. “He assists in his own way. Besides, he is busy planning a Christmas party for his charity, which you will both be going to, by the way.”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Seamus said. “That’s where we get to see if he succeeds in his mission tonight of impressing your parents.”

Ginny harrumphed. “He has already met my parents, and all of my brothers. This is just a nice leisurely dinner with everyone. But no pressure.” Despite her best efforts, Ginny was unable to hide the grimace that emerged at the thought of all of her brothers together with Harry, who was bringing Remus and Teddy along with him.

“Sure, no pressure,” Seamus said with a chuckle. “But what if you and Potter aren’t looking at this the same way?” he asked, leaning back in his chair and propping his feet up on his desk.

Ginny eyed him suspiciously. “And what exactly is that supposed to mean?”

“Well,” he began, lifting a container of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans off his desk and rooting around inside, “you may not be thinking about this as a life-changing event, but what if he is?” He pulled out a deep green colored bean, sniffed it, shrugged, and popped it in his mouth. “Wedding bells could be ringing before we know it,” he said.

Ginny pulled a face as she watched him chew the bean. “I highly doubt it. We have only been dating a few months.” She paused for a moment and then frowned. “Besides, this is Harry Potter we are talking about. Don’t you remember what he was like when he first came in here? I can’t imagine he is thinking about getting married any time soon.”

Seamus opened his mouth to answer but instead started choking on the bean. Smirking, Ginny turned to Aaron. “Am I right?”

“Perhaps,” he began while Seamus gagged behind Ginny, “but he doesn’t really act like that anymore, does he? And don’t try telling me that it isn’t serious with you two, you are in the papers at least once a week spotted out and about.” He looked thoughtful. “Actually, Finnigan might be right. I wish I could be there tonight, it’s sure to be entertaining.”

Ginny grimaced. “And I am very glad that neither of you will be there. It is just going to be a nice family dinner, I don’t know what the fuss is about.” She turned back to Seamus, who was struggling to return his breathing to normal. “And what is wrong with you? Chew your food before you swallow.” She pointed her wand at him and his windpipe instantly cleared.

“Thanks,” Seamus gasped out, his face bright red with the effort to breathe. “Besides, I didn’t know that the Weasley’s do ‘nice family dinners.’ There is going to be mayhem.” Ginny raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything to that. Seamus laughed. He reached into his bag and pulled out his communication mirror and waved it around in the air. “Don’t forget to call me when you need an emergency exit. You know the code word.”

“I don’t know a code word. Why don’t I get to know the code word?” Aaron asked, feigning shock.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Maybe because there isn’t a code word. See you Monday!” She spun on her heel and started walking toward the exit.

Seamus called after her. “Fine, we can use my safe word — apples!”

~~~

Ginny walked slowly down the hallway toward the door to Harry’s flat. Seamus and Aaron’s ribbing about dinner had increased her nerves despite what she had told them. Harry had met her parents before, and all of her brothers, but never had they attempted a meal with the entire family all together, under one roof.

A sudden thought struck her when she reached his door. What if Seamus was right, and Harry was thinking that this was a big step in their relationship? They had never discussed marriage or their future, so Ginny had no idea if Harry thought that they were ready to be wed — even though she thought it was much too early for that. Prepared to ask Harry about it upfront, Ginny readied herself to go in.

Ginny realized that she was about to knock on the door seconds before her raised fist did so. Harry would definitely be able to tell that something was wrong if she knocked on the door. Instead, she lowered her hand and took out her wand, casting a quick “Alohomora,” and the lock clicked open. She pulled open the door and all thoughts of marriage flew from her mind.

“Aaaaaaaah!” Ginny screamed as the doorway was filled with a massive representation of Harry’s head.

“Do you have a problem?” the actual Harry Potter appeared behind what Ginny now saw was a balloon five times the normal size. She reached out and poked it in the cheek; it winked.

Ginny carefully stepped around the balloon and into the flat to stand next to Harry, who pulled her into a quick hug and pecked her on the cheek. She turned slowly in a circle, observing the entirety of the flat only to discover that the same balloons were tied to every possible surface in the living room. A large banner hung across the doorway leading to the kitchen that read ‘Have a Very Harry Christmas’. Behind that, Ginny could see more massive Harry balloons bobbing around in the kitchen, making faces at each other.

"Redecorating?" Ginny asked, breaking eye contact with one of the balloons and turning to look at Harry. "Because I must say I don't like the new look."

"Really? I think it's perfect. But it's not for the flat, it's for the Christmas party." Harry reached out and grabbed the string of one of the balloons and pulled it toward him. "It was Dobby's idea, actually." Ginny stared at the two Harrys that were grinning at her — side by side, one head physically five times the size of the other.

"This is creepy," she said at last. "Exactly why are you the theme of a Christmas party?"

"Because I embody the spirit of giving and love?" Harry suggested. The balloon winked. "I don't know. But I think it's cute." He turned to look at the balloon. "Or actually, ruggedly handsome."

Ginny shook her head. "Aren't children coming to this event? Shouldn't we be preventing nightmares?" She followed Harry as he brought the balloon over to some of its mates and tied them together. "And why are there so many?"

"And why do you have so many questions?" he shot back jokingly. "Don’t worry, no children will be harmed in the making of his party. But seriously I wanted to ask you, do you think there are enough?"

"Enough?" Ginny asked, incredulous. "There must be fifty of them. And, trust me Potter, one of you is enough." Harry smiled and moved to hug her again, but then stopped. "What?" she asked.

"Do you think I should get rid of some, but make the rest bigger?"

"No!" Ginny shouted. The balloon next to her looked shocked. "Your head is big enough already, it doesn't need any more inflating."

"Very funny," Harry deadpanned. The balloon next to Ginny blew her a kiss. She pulled a face.

"I think this one likes me," she said, shuddering and taking a step closer to Harry. He slid his arm around her waist and pulled her even closer.

"We all like you," he said, kissing her temple.

Ginny hummed happily. "Well, this has been a surreal visit, but we should get going. Mum won't be happy if we are late." Her nerves suddenly returned and she stepped back and gave his appearance a quick appraisal. He was wearing a set of causal navy blue robes and looked very presentable, but his glasses were crooked. She reached up and straightened them, and Harry grabbed her hand before she could withdraw it.

"Don't be nervous, everything will be fine," he said, suddenly serious. Ginny bit her lip to hide the smile at how well he could read her emotions. Harry bent to kiss her. "Besides," he said when he broke away, "your entire family knows and loves me. What could go wrong?"

~~~

“Would you like to tell me exactly what is wrong with your fiancée?” Ginny whispered quickly into Ron’s ear as the rest of her family bustled around them in the living room of the Burrow.

Ron looked at her helplessly. “You know I gave up trying to figure that one out ages ago. Now I only focus on the positives.”

Ginny groaned loudly. “I really wanted tonight to work out nicely. Why did Hermione have to try out her cooking on my dinner?” They both turned to look toward the kitchen, where the sound of crashing pans drowned out Hermione’s complaints about how long the food was taking to cook. “There are many things that Hermione is very good at, but cooking is not one of those things.”

“You think I don’t know that?” Ron asked, goggling at her. “Who do you think sampled all of the foods as she was learning?”

“You will eat anything. You probably told her she was good because you are too afraid to tell her otherwise,” Ginny accused, staring at her brother.

“Aren’t you?” he asked. Ginny didn’t answer. She turned to survey the room full of her relatives standing and talking in clusters. Percy and his new wife Audrey were standing in one corner talking to George and Fleur while Victoire danced around them, twirling while watching her skirt puff out around her. Fleur looked worried, probably thinking about her younger daughter Dominique, who was visiting her grandparents in France, while she rubbed her newly pregnant stomach. Ginny shifted her focus to Harry, who smiled and starting making his way over to her.

“Here’s a question: is Hermione cooking or killing something in there?” Harry came up behind Ginny, having left her father and oldest brother to continue whatever conversation they were having. He slid his arms around her waist and rested his chin on the top of her head.

“Most likely both,” Ron provided the answer. “She was taking advice from Fleur for weeks, so I can’t guarantee we will recognize anything she makes.”

Harry groaned. “I hope Teddy won’t complain too much, he can be picky,” he said, and the three of them turned in sync to look at Teddy. His bright blue hair could be seen peeking out behind his father’s back. He and Remus were listening to Charlie talk, probably about dragons judging by the rapt attention Teddy was paying to the conversation. Remus turned and smiled at them when he noticed them looking.

“Hopefully Mum will manage to sneak in something edible,” Ron said. Suddenly an arm slung itself across Ron and Ginny’s shoulders and George appeared behind them.

“Complaining about your betrothed’s lack of culinary abilities?” he questioned, grinning at Ron. He shrugged.

“I just wish she would stop trying to be domestic. She isn’t made for that,” Ron said.

George patted him on the back. “She’s trained you well,” he said. “Although I am planning on getting some real food after this, if anyone wants to join me.”

“Check later to see if I haven’t been poisoned,” Ginny said. “I’ll let you know then.”

“Dinner is ready!” Hermione exclaimed from the doorway of the kitchen, untying the apron she had been wearing and adjusting her robes. Ginny exchanged glances with her two brothers and Harry before they followed the rest of the family into the kitchen. The table had been magically enlarged to accommodate the fifteen people currently clamoring for seats. Ginny and Harry chose seats near Remus and Teddy, and Ron and Hermione sat down across from them.

“I hope you all like the food,” Hermione said, beaming. “I’ve been working really hard on it.” Ginny tried to smile at her in a reassuring way, but it came out more of a grimace.

“You’ll eat everything she gives you, won’t you, Potter?” Ginny asked, nudging Harry in the side. He nodded quickly.

“I can’t understand why you two insist on calling each other by your surnames,” Molly said from where she was placing pots of food further down the table.

“Me neither,” George said, grinning. “It’s not very romantic.” He waggled his eyebrows and Ginny rolled her eyes.

“Maybe they are right, Ginevra,” Harry said with a grin.

The table full of Weasleys laughed while Ginny leaned in to whisper in Harry’s ear. “Call me that again and I’ll break both your legs.”

“Looking forward to it,” he responded with a wink. Ginny shook her head and began filling her plate with food, some recognizable and some not. She listened with one ear to Teddy telling her father about a book that he was reading on one side of her and Percy talking about new legislation he was drafting on the other side. Suddenly, something Hermione said grabbed her attention.

“Maybe I should take the job,” she was saying to Ron as she ladled stew into her bowl.

“What?” Ginny asked, shocked. “You aren’t leaving your job, are you?”

Hermione looked up at her with an apologetic expression. “Sorry I didn’t mention anything, but I just don’t know yet. I got an offer from the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. You remember my work with S.P.E.W. when we were at Hogwarts?” she asked. Ginny nodded. “Well, someone there heard about it and wants me to come and work on changing the legislation about house elves. You know how much that meant to me.”

Harry looked at her in confusion. “What do you want to do to house elves?” he asked.

Hermione looked personally offended by the accusation. “I don’t want to do anything to them,” she stated indignantly. “I am fighting for their freedom. They need wages and proper benefits just like we do.”

“Have you ever met a house elf?” Harry asked. “Because Dobby is as barmy as the best of them and even he wouldn’t go for all of those things.”

“Who is Dobby?” Hermione asked, eyeing him suspiciously. “You don’t have a house elf, do you?”

“Er… something tells me yes is the wrong answer even though it is true,” Harry said, cringing.

“But Dobby is a free elf,” Ginny interjected, hoping to stop Hermione’s tirade. “He just works for Harry because he wants to. He takes a galleon of pay every week too.”

Harry nodded vigorously and Hermione narrowed her eyes. “That may be better than most people, Harry, but I still can’t believe that you actually own a house elf. That’s slave labor — or servant labor in this case.”

“What’s wrong with a servant?” Harry asked, taking a bite of his steak. “That is what house elves want to do, Hermione. They like doing the work.”

“Remember Kreature?” Remus interrupted, looking at Harry. “He was the most miserable elf in existence and couldn’t stand doing anyone’s bidding, but even he wouldn’t have stood by freedom and wages.”

Hermione looked shocked. “You have had more than one house elf?” she asked.

Harry laughed. “No, Kreature was Sirius’s family elf,” he chuckled. “Those two hated each other more than anything. Both tried to make the other’s life miserable.” He stopped at the scandalized look on Hermione’s face. “Ginny, should I stop talking?” he asked. Ginny nodded.

“Ignore Hermione’s obsession with house-elves,” Ron said around a mouth full of food. “No one else agrees with her.”

“I happen to think that she has a very interesting point worthy of more discussion,” Percy began, to which George started laughing.

“And that proves Ron’s point,” he said.

Hermione frowned and put down her silverware. “Despite the fact that you all can’t seem to open your eyes and see the truth and would rather own house elves,” she said, glowering at Harry, “someone at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures appears to agrees with me.”

“Now, now, Hermione,” Molly began, “you don’t worry yourself with what they all think. You make the decision that you think is best.” She paused thoughtfully. “Actually, since you and Ron are going to be married soon, you don’t have to worry too much about a job. Pick whichever one would have you working less.”

Harry frowned and turned to look at Ginny in confusion. She leaned closer to him and spoke in a low tone. “Mum is a little old fashioned when it comes to working. She thinks that a wife should be home most of the time, and not have to go to work.” She rolled her eyes. “Most of us just ignore her.”

“Speaking of work,” Molly said, looking at Ginny sternly. Ginny worried that she might have heard what she said to Harry. “I think you work far to many hours, Ginny.”

Ginny sighed. “I’ve told you, Mum, I can’t control my hours. If they need me to go in, I have to go in.”

Molly pursed her lips. “Yes, and I think it is a wonderful job that you do, Ginny, but wouldn’t you like to cut down on that soon, and think about settling down?”

Ginny froze in fear. This was exactly what Seamus was talking about: her mother was trying to push her into getting married. Why didn’t everyone realize that she was not ready to get married yet? She tried not to turn and look at Harry to see his reaction. Ginny could not decide what would be worse; him agreeing with her mother or wanting to run for the hills in fear. Maybe she could run with him.

“Don’t pressure the kids, Molly,” Remus said, loading some vegetables onto a disgusted Teddy’s plate. “They’re young, let them do what they want.”

Molly bristled and gave Remus a dark look. “I’m not pressuring anyone, Remus,” she said slowly. “I just like knowing that my children have plans for their lives. I’m sure you will understand that one day,” she continued with a glance toward Teddy.

Remus opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Harry sent him a silencing look. An awkward lull in conversation settled over the table as everyone finished their dinner until George jumped to the rescue.

“So Teddy,” he asked, “what’s your Quidditch team?”

Teddy grinned, “Tornados!” he exclaimed, bits of food flying out of his mouth.

Victoire wrinkled her nose. “That’s disgusting,” she said, lifting her chin up. “You need to chew your food before speaking. And everyone knows the Harpies are the best team.”

“I guess that is your influence?” Harry asked, leaning over to Ginny. She winked at him.

“No they aren’t, they’re a bunch of girls,” Teddy said, reaching across the table and yanking one of Victoire’s long blond pigtails. She threw a dinner roll at him.

“Oh Teddy, you have much to learn,” Ginny said, leaning around Harry to get a better look at him. “Girls can play Quidditch just as good as boys can.” She looked at her brothers thoughtfully. “Better, actually,” she added, “if you are judging by this lot.”

“They may be able to play, but Quidditch is not a very feminine activity, non?” Fleur asked, adjusting her daughter’s hair. “I cannot comprend why you like it, ma cherie.”

Molly nodded in agreement. “I know how much you all love Quidditch, but I for one am very glad that Ginny decided against playing. It isn’t the most feminine job.” Ginny snarled at yet another mention of the conversation that she had had with her mother many times before, when she was still seriously considering playing professionally.

“Because its very practical to style your hair and put on high heels when taking down criminals instead,” George interjected.

The entire table laughed as Hermione waved her wand and sent the plates flying toward the sink, and then summoned the deserts.

“So, what did everyone think of dinner?” Hermione asked.

“It was actually really good, Hermione,” Ginny said, and the rest of the table murmured their agreement.

“I didn’t know you could cook,” Harry said, and Hermione turned to glare at him.

“I may not be a house elf but I do have some abilities,” she scoffed. Harry raised his eyebrows but didn’t say anything.

Everyone began helping themselves to dessert. “Yes, Hermione, the food was wonderful. It is sometimes difficult for me to find food that is rare enough,” Remus said.

“You know, I almost forgot that you are a werewolf,” Arthur said, and then gasped and covered his mouth. “Not that there is anything wrong with being a werewolf… you know Bill has… well he isn’t really a werewolf, thank Merlin… not that we would have had a problem with it if he was one…” He stopped and took a deep breath. “I’m going to stop talking now.” Billy grinned at Remus, who smiled slightly in return.

A moment of silence followed his speech before Molly cleared her throat. “Eat up everyone. The Celestina Warbeck special is on the wireless later and I thought we could all listen.”

“And what better way to end a fun evening,” Remus muttered.

~~~

"Excu se me," Ginny ducked out of the kitchen into the thankfully empty hall before rushing to the loo. Once inside, she cast a silencing and locking spell on the door and pulled her communication mirror out of her pocket. "Seamus Finnigan," she stated clearly, fighting the urge to bash her head against the sink.

"You rang?" Seamus's smiling face appeared in the mirror.

"Apples," Ginny practically shouted. "A crate of apples, an apple tree, an apple orchard."

Seamus laughed. "I haven't had a woman beg for mercy so much since I went out with -"

"Finnigan," Ginny cut him off. "I don't have time for one of your stories. I need you to get me out of here."

"That bad, huh?" he asked with a smirk.

"Yes, and I know, you told me so. You can gloat later. I need you to call in ten minutes and get me out of here." Ginny rushed through her statement, not wanting to take too long and arouse suspicions.

"Deal, but you owe me one."

"Ten minutes," Ginny responded, cutting the connection. She put the mirror away and canceled the charms on the door. Taking a deep breath and smoothing her hair, Ginny returned to the rest of her family.

Ten excruciating minutes of listening to Celestina Warbeck later, Ginny heard Seamus's voice coming from her pocket. She quickly answered the call as Molly mercifully lowered the volume of the music and Seamus's now grim face came into view.

"Sorry to intrude on your evening, Weasley, but we need you in the office. There was a major breakthrough in the case you were working on before you left earlier and you need to see to it." Ginny forced a frown at Seamus and thanked him before quickly disconnecting before he gave it away.

She stood quickly, pulling Harry up with her. "I hate to run out like this, but duty calls," she said, trying her best to sound sincere. Molly frowned.

"I hate that they make you go in to work so late at night, Ginny, and all alone too."

"I'll make sure Ginny gets there safely, Mrs. Weasley," Harry added quickly, and Molly smiled.

"Thank you, dear," she beamed, shooting Ginny a significant look. Ginny and Harry quickly said their goodbyes before bundling up and walking out the back door.

"Hurry up," Ginny said, tightening her grasp on Harry's hand and pulling him toward the apparition point. "We need to get out of here before they stop us."

"Hold it," Harry said, stopping short and yanking Ginny back toward him. "Did you plan that call to get out of there?" When Ginny didn't answer and simply widened her eyes, Harry gasped dramatically. "Auror Weasley, I am shocked!" he exclaimed. "And exactly what case were you working on earlier today?" he asked, attempting to look stern.

Ginny grinned. "Filing old paperwork," she stated proudly. "Got a problem with that, Potter?" Harry smiled at the way she accentuated his surname.

"Absolutely not. Just thinking that I definitely picked the right one," he answered, nudging her in the side. "So, my place?" he asked, leading the way to the apparition point.

Ginny grimaced. "Land of the million Harry heads? I really don't fancy being watched by them while alone with you."

"Kinky."

"That's not funny."

"I didn't say ‘funny’, I said ‘kinky’," Harry clarified.

“It’s neither of those things. It’s creepy,” Ginny insisted.

Harry smiled. "If it makes you feel better, I will have you know that my bedroom is a ‘no-head’ zone."

Harry stopped short when he realized what he said, and Ginny smirked. "Well, there goes that plan for tonight," she shrugged, tightening her hold on Harry and turning into darkness.

Harry stumbled his way through an explanation of what he meant and Ginny laughed all the way to the front door of his flat. It was the most fun she had had since they arrived at the Burrow earlier that evening.

“So dinner was an unmitigated disaster,” Ginny grumbled as she stomped into Harry’s flat and promptly walked straight into a balloon-Harry. She let out a growl as she stumbled and the ribbon tangled around her legs. Harry laughed as he reached forward and unwound the ribbon.

“I don’t know that I would go straight to ‘disaster’,” he stated, tying the end of the ribbon the cloak stand. Ginny shifted her glare from his balloon face to his real one. “What?” he chuckled, “aren’t in-laws supposed to hate each other?”

“Well I hope they don’t hate each other just because of a couple of silly disagreements…” Ginny trailed off and her jaw dropped open. “Did you just say in-laws?” she asked, incredulous.

Harry smiled and reached out a hand to slowly close her mouth. “Don’t have a panic attack, I’m not proposing.” He cocked his head slightly to the side. “Yet,” he added as an afterthought. Ginny raised her eyebrows at him, and he laughed again. “I just think that disagreements or not, they are going to have to get used to having each other around for a nice long time.”

Ginny stared at him for a moment, trying to gauge his sincerity. Harry smiled. “I promise I am not proposing tonight. See?” He reached into his pockets and pulled out the empty lining. “No ring.” Ginny smiled back at him, and Harry smirked. “Although, Auror Weasley, if you want a thorough investigation, you should probably perform a strip search, make sure I have nothing to hide.”

Ginny burst out laughing and reached up to drape her arms around his neck. “Cheesy, Potter, but I guess I will keep you. Inflatable heads and all.” She pushed up onto her toes and kissed him softly.

Harry sighed as he broke away and pulled Ginny into a hug. “You love me, Weasley. Inflatable heads and all.”

“I suppose,” Ginny murmured as Harry rested his chin against the top of her head. They stood like that for a while before Ginny started laughing. “You want to know something funny? Finnigan and Matthews were making me nervous earlier thinking this dinner would be life-changing.”

Harry hummed quietly while he thought about it. “Well, I did learn that Hermione thinks I am a slave owner. I suppose that has changed my life.”

Ginny snorted and lifted her head to look at him. “Don’t remind me. Maybe attempting a family dinner wasn’t a good idea.”

“It needed to happen,” Harry said firmly. “Like I said, they are going to have to learn to deal with each other, and sooner is better than later.” Ginny grinned and moved to kiss him again when he sharply stood up straight. “I know what we should have done!”

“What?” Ginny asked wearily, frightened to hear his idea.

“We never played Quidditch!”

Ginny looked at him quizzically and Harry sighed. “Remember when we went to Malfoy’s party and you told me you wanted to play Quidditch?” He waited for Ginny to nod before continuing. “Well, you said that we should play and we never did!”

Ginny laughed. “From what I remember, it was something a little different that you wanted to play.”

Harry shrugged. “That’s just your dirty mind, Weasley. I was talking about Quidditch.”

“Fine,” Ginny conceded. “So the next family gathering will be a Quidditch match instead of a dinner. I think there is actually less chance of injury that way.” Harry chucked. “So,” Ginny asked, cocking her head to the side, “are you up for a little one-on-one action now?”

Harry swallowed thickly and grinned down at Ginny. “What kind of game are we playing here?”

Ginny smiled and pulled Harry down toward her. “Why don’t you tell me?” Harry pulled her close and Ginny tilted her head back when…

“Harry,” she whispered.

“Hmm?”

“They’re looking at me.”

Harry groaned and grabbed her hand and they both laughed as they navigated the minefield of balloons and headed to his bedroom.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear