Search:

SIYE Time:12:10 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Together We'll Find
By pleurocoelus

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: Widower Harry Potter has decided to stop wallowing in his grief and start living again after an encounter with his old friend Ginny Weasley. Sequel to "Don't Cry, Daddy" that fills in the missing year and a half.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3401



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is a sequel to "Don't Cry, Daddy" as promised. This story fills in the missing year and a half that I skipped in the last chapter of that story. Once again, the title comes from the lyrics to "Don't Cry, Daddy" by Elvis Presley, which was the inspiration for this story.

I thought about inserting the new material into "Don't Cry, Daddy." However, since I wrote it for a challenge, I decided to leave it in its original form and put this as a sequel.

You may notice that Ron acts more mature here than he does in canon. He grew up.




ChapterPrinter




Ron Weasley heard a knock on his door.

"I'll get it," he yelled to his wife.

When he answered it, he saw that it was his sister. She looked suspiciously happy.

"Do I want to know what has you smiling like that, Ginny?" Ron said with a smirk.

She stuck her tongue out at him.

"I love you too, Ron," she said as she entered the flat.

"Come on," Ron said as he closed the door. "Hermione might be a while so you can join me for breakfast."

"It's a good thing you finally learned how to cook," Ginny teased.

"Just for that, I might spit in your eggs," Ron returned the tease.

"Bat bogies," Ginny said, but her eyes said there was no real threat.

"Never mind," Ron replied. "So what has you so happy this early in the morning? One, you're not a morning person. Two, you had that charity dinner party last night. You should be tired or grumpy or hung over or something."

"I didn't have anything to drink, Ron," Ginny sighed. "I was on Valmai Duty."

"Oi," Ron laughed, "What did she do this time?"

"She actually hit on Harry."

"Wait," Ron said, "Harry Potter, my friend, Seeker for Puddlemere United, Harry?"

"The same," Ginny said with a smirk.

"I bet that was a show, then. How bad was the explosion?"

"Well..." drawled Ginny, "fortunately, your lovely and talented sister arrived in time to defuse the situation. Harry helped me get her home, though. I think he just wanted to get out of there."

"I don't blame him," Ron said.

"Don't blame whom for what?" Hermione asked as she came in the room.

"Valmai the Vixen got drunk again and was flirting with Harry at the Quidditch Dinner last night," Ron said. "Ginny rescued him and he helped take Valmai home because he wanted to escape the dinner."

"He returned the favour," Ginny added. "The portkey made Valmai sick and she nearly threw up on me, but Harry put up a shield in time."

Both Ron and Hermione winced at that.

"Harry cleaned the floor. I cleaned Valmai and put her to bed. After that, we went to get a bite to eat.

"Wait," said Hermione, "You and Harry went to go eat something?"

"Sure," Ginny answered. "By the time I got Valmai to bed, it had been a while so we couldn't smell the vomit anymore."

"No," replied Hermione, “that's not what I meant. Harry never goes anywhere unless he has to do so. We only see him when we invite ourselves over or if his in-laws invite us to their place when he'll be there. He doesn't even come over here."

"I didn't know that," Ginny said. "I've only seen him when we play Puddlemere, at least since Parvati's funeral."

"Maybe he's healing," Hermione said hopefully.

Ron and Ginny nodded in agreement.

"So," teased Ron, "Is that why you were smiling Ginny? Is the old Harry crush back?"

Ginny blushed. "No, it isn't back. We just had a good time talking — for a few hours."

Ron and Hermione shared a knowing look.

"Ginny, you remember how moody Harry could get back at Hogwarts. He's even worse these days," Hermione said.

"Well, he didn't show it when we were there. We talked and laughed until he realized that he was three hours late to get his son from his in-laws."

"Yes!" Ron exclaimed, "He is feeling better. He almost never laughs unless James is there."

After the three finished their breakfast, Ron cleared the table while Ginny and Hermione went out to do what Ron called "girl stuff."

After Ron finished with the cleaning, he thought he'd check on Harry.

o0o0o0o0o0oo0o



Harry was entertaining James by levitating him around the room when the door chime rang. When he went to answer the door, he found Ron standing there.

"Hey mate," Harry greeted him. "Good to see you."

"You’re looking happy," Ron said. "Did the dinner go well last night?"

"It was miserable," Harry said mournfully. "The speaker was boring, then Valmai Morgan was drunkenly flirting with me. Fortunately, Ginny showed up and rescued me from Valmai the Vixen."

"Oh?" Ron said. He'd heard the story, but he wanted to hear Harry's version as well.

"She stumbled all over herself trying to prove she wasn’t intoxicated, but she let us take her home. The portkey made her sick and she would have pebbledashed Ginny's robes, but I put up a shield."

"Ugh," Ron replied with a laugh.

The Auror Office often assigned dealing with intoxicated wizards to the Aurors-in-training as a form of initiation. Ron and Harry had learned very quickly that intoxicated people sometimes got sick after a portkey.

"We got it cleaned up and Ginny put her to bed. She didn't have any hangover potion, though. I don't envy her this morning." Harry winced.

"After that, my stomach rumbled so Ginny recommended this little Muggle place near there and we went and got something to eat. We lost track of time and I was late getting James from his grandparents."

"It sounds like you had a good time then," Ron said.

"After I left, I did," Harry replied. "Ron, the way I've been living — it isn't healthy, is it?"

"No," Ron replied, "It isn't. I may have the emotional depth of a teaspoon, but even I know that. I'm glad you realized it."

"I think you're better than a teaspoon now," Harry joked. "Hermione's managed to grow you into at least a saucer."

Ron rolled his eyes. "You’re able to joke now. That's a good sign."

"Yeah, Ginny and I did joke around a bit last night. I forgot what a great sense of humour she has."

"A few hours is more than just a bit, Harry," Ron said slyly.

"And you went on like you didn't know," Harry said with mock annoyance. "How much did she tell you?"

"Not as much as you did, mate," said Ron with a calculating grin. "Look, I'm just glad you're healing. If Ginny helps with that, great. Just don't break her heart. I think that crush on you might be coming back."

Harry sighed. "I don't know if I'm ready for something like that, Ron."

Ron put his hand on Harry's shoulder reassuringly.

"Don’t worry about it, Harry. If it's right, it'll happen. She won't pressure you."

"I know, mate," Harry said with a faint smile. "Either way, I do think it's time for me to start living again."


Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear