Search:

SIYE Time:16:38 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Just Another Teen Love Story
By Amaralicia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Rating: PG
Reviews: 8
Summary: "You know, Harry, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for you," Ginny said, taking a dainty bite of her dinner. "But if you don't shut up, I might be forced to kill you. And, no offense, but you're a horrible singer."
Hitcount: Story Total: 5025



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hiya. This is my newest creation, and isn't all finished yet, though I'm very close. It'll probably be about 4 chapters long and it isn't very serious. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the 1st chapter:)




ChapterPrinter


Chapter One: The Dilemma Of Many Before

Harry Potter stopped uncertainly outside of the sitting room doorway. He was still very much undecided if he should be going through with this...
The last time he had gone to Sirius and Remus for advice, he had been scarred for life and had since developed an irrational sense of fear of pastries and fruit.

But then again, he knew he should. After all, he had opted to stay home during the weekly visit to see Mr Weasley at St Mungo's for this very reason...

With that thought, Harry took a deep breath and then croaked out, "Um, hullo Sirius, Remus?"

"Prongslet!" Sirius crowed happily, and got up from his chair, pulling the boy, who's hair very much resembled the way one's hair might look if a finger was stuck in a muggle electrical socket, into a manly hug, which as you may know, consisted of lots of slaps, coughs, and awkward shaking of hands. "How's my favorite godson today?"

"Er, I'm your only godson," Harry Potter reminded him, looking rather irritated as he squirmed out of the older man's embrace.

"Hello there, Harry," Remus said easily, then frowned as if just noticing the panicked and slightly ill expression plastered on the boy's face. "What's wrong?"

"I just…" Harry looked uneasily at the two Marauders as if trying to figure out whether or not it was safe to ask his question in front of them.

"Speak up there, Prongslet," Sirius grinned, nudging him in the shoulder.

"I - er," Harry started, rubbing his shoulder and grimacing. "I just need some advice."

At that, Remus and Sirius both studied Harry for a moment, before they shared a glance and then promptly burst into laughter.

"Merlin's left buttock, don't you look like James!" Sirius crowed in obvious amusement. "Spitting image right there, just how your father looked when moaning about Lily!"

"Is this about that Miss Chang again, Harry?" Remus asked him, trying his best to be serious and failing very miserably. But then, he wasn't Sirius at all, he was quite understandably, Remus. "I thought we had this talk not that long ago…"

"It's not about Cho!" Harry said quickly, shaking his head before memories of being given 'The Talk,' by the two men sitting in front of him could surface. Harry would never look at a banana and donuts the same way again. "It's a different girl… I mean, yeah, I did like Cho, but..." Harry started out awkwardly. "Not anymore, really... she's too... anyway, lately, I've been, well... Er, feeling things about another girl."

"Not Cho?" Sirius said in surprise, blinking. "Then who?"

"Can I please sit down for this?" Harry asked, sounding a little desperate. Maybe he was trying to buy himself some time. "It's kind of… well, complicated and stuff. And... Um..." He glanced uneasily about the room.

"Take a seat Prongslet. Don't worry, your secret is safe with us!" Sirius said confidently as he pushed his godson to a chair and smiled in a way that perhaps was supposed to calm him down.

Harry, for his part, looked a bit nauseated, not impressed, and definitely not calm.

"Okay Harry, so what's wrong?" Remus asked again.

"Alright, well, normally I'd just talk to Ron about this rather than risk whatever insane bogus Sirius is probably going to give me," Harry said, looking all the more desperate. "But I can't, not this time."

At this Sirius narrowed his eyes in what was probably supposed to be a thoughtful way, but instead managed to make him look a bit constipated.

"Harry this isn't… about Hermione, is it?" Remus said hesitantly, and Sirius raised his eyebrows, leaning forward interestedly, which only succeeded in making Harry look all the more nervous. It was a well known fact that Ron had feelings for the girl, and if Harry was starting to feel romantic affection for her as well…

"Bloody hell, no! It's not about Hermione!" Harry said, looking disgusted as Remus's question seemed to register. "She's brilliant and all, but she's more like an extremely bossy and homework obsessed sister, or maybe a cousin... And plus… Ron, er..."

He trailed off awkwardly, obviously not willing to break what he thought was a well-kept secret.

"So in love with her that he might as well get it tattooed across his forehead in big, pink, sparkly, block letters?" Sirius amiably suggested.

Harry laughed a bit. "I guess it is kind of obvious. Especially after that whole Yule Ball thing."

"So if it's not Hermione, then why can't you talk to Ron about it?" Remus asked curiously, and Harry straightened, squirming a little in his seat as he was reminded of the reason he had actually dared to ask Sirius and Remus for girl advice.

"So… what if I were to tell you, and this is purely hypothetical, here... That there was a girl."

Remus smiled and face palmed a bit. "Harry, we kind of already get that part."

"Right..." Harry continued, biting his nails and looking a wee bit lost. "Well... say that this girl had a crush on a boy... And went beet red whenever in a five foot radius of him, and never talked, more like squeaked, really... And sent him singing get well cards and maybe a valentine or two... Hypothetically, of course." Harry shifted in his seat, looking uncomfortable. "But the bloke never really noticed her, but may have, hypothetically, fought a basilisk to rescue her from an evil, teenage version of Voldemort. And so the girl eventually moved on. And then… say he, the bloke, I mean... Er, anyway, hypothetically speaking, he started to notice her. Like how awesome she is on a broom, or how funny she is, or how her eyes are a really nice brown color - like big, melted pools of Honeydukes' Finest Chocolate... And her hair is a pretty shade of red that kind of shimmers when the light catches it…"

There was a long, empty silence as Harry trailed off turning a very vibrant shade of red that would make any Weasley proud.

And then, as one, the two men burst out laughing.

"It's not funny!" Harry gritted out, embarrassed, as he stood up from his seat and began pacing furiously, tapping his wand on his leg, before spinning to face them angrily. "If you two don't stop laughing I'll… I'll…!"

But of course, Harry couldn't come up with any sort of threat and instead stood there quite pathetically, until both men sobered a bit and had the grace to look even the smallest bit ashamed at their lack of tact and ungentleman-like conduct.

"Merlin's soggy underpants," Sirius muttered, wiping his eyes and wheezing out another half-laugh. "Well, I guess I should have seen that coming."

"What the hell does that mean?!" Harry yelped, staring incredulously at his godfather, but of course the scraggly haired man just ignored him.

"Moony, old pal, it seems our little pup is growing up!" Sirius said, clasping his hands together and beaming like a proud mother. "Did you hear him - already waxing poetic about her best features!"

"Certainly looks that way," Remus commented with a chuckle. "He's a few steps behind James, I'll admit, but he seems to be catching up."

"What?" Harry whimpered. "What are you talking about?"

"Why, the Potter Curse, of course!" Sirius exclaimed.

"You see, Harry, it's been passed down from father to son from the very beginning of time. Don't worry, this is a dilemma that many before you have faced," Remus explained carefully.

Harry scrunched up his eyebrows in thought. "What curse do you mean? I don't -"

"Harry, Harry, Harry, " said Sirius pityingly. "We're so very sorry, but it seems that you were doomed to marry a redhead from the start."

"It's just as well that it should be little Ginny Weasley," offered Remus with a grin.

"Ah, but she's not so little anymore, is she?" Sirius teased, waggling his eyebrows.

"Stop, stop!" begged Harry, his hands over his ears, and looking as though he was struggling to keep his wits about him. "Please! If someone - like Hermione or, Merlin, Ron heard you…"

"Relax, Harry," laughed Sirius. "You know they're off visiting Arthur today, and you would be with them, had you not opted to stay here, probably to ask of us our amazingly intelligent advice. Seems to me that you're a tad paranoid."

"I can't help it!" the raven haired boy cried wildly. "It's like a taboo! I come close to saying her name, or talking to her, and suddenly someone appears! And it's usually one of her six older brothers!"

At that, Sirius winced and gave his godson a pat on the shoulder in condolence. "I forgot about that part. Merlin, I thought James chose the hard path when he chose your mother, but you just had to go one up your old man, didn't you, Prongslet? Six brothers, Harry!" Sirius continued, looking a little sick at the thought. "Harry… not that Ginny isn't a lovely girl, but maybe you should pick someone whose family doesn't have a bunch of redhead men who will gleefully murder you at any given opportunity, once they find out that you snogged their sister."

"But I haven't!" he cried, panicked and flushed again.

"Ah," said Remus, sounding wise. "But you will."

"Will what?" A voice said from the doorway.

They all looked over to find - who else but Ginny Weasley? - standing in the doorway, her eyebrows raised and hands in her hips, staring at them expectantly.

Harry paled visibly and looking helplessly at his godfather and Remus.

Sirius just stood up bracingly and clapped Harry on the back, winking. "Well, then, Prongslet, we'll just continue this conversation some other time then, yeah?"

"Um..." Harry stammered as he watched his godfather walk out of the room with Remus trailing behind, giggling like a school girl, and leaving Harry very much alone with one Ginevra Molly Weasley.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear