Search:

SIYE Time:8:28 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Daddy's Little Girl
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Lily Potter
Genres: General
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 9
Summary: Harry has to deal with the fact his daughter Lily is growing up, and all that entails.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5550



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
It's time for Lily's story. This follows on from Perils of a Permanent Marker, Drama in Diagon Alley and Her Best Valentine, but it can be read alone. Al's story will follow




ChapterPrinter


Daddy's Little Girl

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in early July, and Molly felt it was warm enough for everyone to eat outside. With their family now so large, Molly insisted on at least one Sunday a month where everyone would attend a family meal, and today was it. Potters, Weasleys, a Lupin, a Longbottom and even (gulp) a Malfoy were starting to arrive.

Harry had come over earlier than most, as his house was empty. Ginny had attended a Quidditch match yesterday, and was currently at the Daily Prophet office, writing her story. She would be along later.

James, now twenty-one, had pulled the night shift at the Auror office so he was still sleeping. Harry was still getting used to the fact that his eldest son had moved out of home, and was currently living with his girlfriend, Alice Longbottom. They also planned to arrive closer to tea.

Al, now twenty, was standing next to his cousin Rose and her boyfriend, Scorpius, who was Al's best friend. Al had done so well in school, but had no idea what he wanted to do when he graduated. He had spent the last twelve months working in his grandfather's old job, in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office, but had recently quit. Scorpius and Al were going to travel through Europe, before Al came back and started Auror training in September.

Harry looked around for Lily, but couldn't see her. He knew she had gone out with her cousins last night to a night club. His daughter had caused Harry the most anxiety lately. She'd just graduated from Hogwarts, and had just turned seventeen. Although she had great results in her NEWTS, she had seemed determined to enjoy her last year, pulling several pranks that earned her detentions and notes sent home. Then there were the boys!

Lily was a lot like her mum, mused Harry. She was petite, with gorgeous red hair, and his emerald eyes. She was fun loving and always up for a good time, but you didn't want to mess with Lily Potter! She was fiercely loyal, and not afraid to use her mum's Bat Bogey Hex when it warranted it, as a few boys who pushed too far found out.

So Harry had a few things on his mind as he sat at a table, only half listening to Hermione, as she talked about the goings on at the Ministry, or George, talking about his latest invention at WWW. He greeted Teddy with a nod of the head, then tuned out as Ron, Teddy and Hugo argued over the next Cannons vs Tornadoes match.

He heard giggling, and turned to see Victoire, Dominique, Roxanne, Molly and Lucy come out of the Burrow and head for their table. He looked behind them for Lily, but didn't see her. Rose joined her cousins, as they discussed the events of the night before. Harry stopped listening to them as they discussed who wore what, and who was seen with whom. He frowned as he heard Firewhisky shots and strippers mentioned.

The sound of a big motorcycle made everyone turn to look. Harry certainly appreciated a good motorcycle, having fixed up Sirius's old one. The rider came closer and stopped the bike. A tiny figure behind him got off and took off her helmet. Harry gasped. It was his daughter, Lily!

Everyone at the table had stopped talking and were looking at Lily. Harry got up, assuring everyone he was going to check it out. Ron and Teddy offered to go with him, but Harry declined. He walked towards Lily, who had yet to see her dad approach.

The rider took off his helmet too. Harry could see he wasn't old, maybe the same age as James or Al. His head was shaved and he had tattoos down the side of his neck. His ear was pierced and he wore a leather jacket over a leather vest. Harry hated him on sight. He listened to what they had to say.

“Are you sure you're okay, Lily?”

“I'm fine, Brandon, really,” insisted Lily.

“Because it usually hurts the first time, you know,” said Brandon.

Harry's jaw dropped open. His daughter had had sex! For the first time. With this leather clad biker!

“Did you get the cream? Rub it on, it'll make you feel better. I can rub it on before I go, if you like?” asked Brandon.

Harry's eyes popped open. Like hell was this guy getting his hands on Lily anymore.

“You know, it won't hurt as much next time,” said Brandon.

“Yeah, I know the more I do it, the less it will hurt,” said Lily.

Harry wondered if he was having a heart attack! He swore his heart just stopped beating.

“Well when you want more, you know where to find me,” said Brandon.

'In hell', thought Harry. 'You'll be in hell for touching my daughter'. I'm putting a stop to this right now!

“Ahem!” coughed Harry, finally coming into view.

Lily swung around. “Daddy!”

Harry came up to Lily and put his arm around her. He glared at Brandon. “Do you know who I am?” he said in a threatening way.

Lily sighed and shook her head.

Brandon shrugged. “I guess you're Daddy!”

Harry saw red! “Yes, I'm Lily's father, I don't know who you are, but-”

“Daddy, it's Brandon. Brandon Finnegan. You know, Liam's older brother,” said Lily.

Harry stared. This was one of Seamus Finnegan's boys. Good Lord, did it get any worse!

Ron came up behind Harry, and patted him on the back. “Everything all right here?”

“Everything’s fine, Uncle Ron. Daddy, why don't you go back with Uncle Ron while I say goodbye to Brandon. PLEASE?” she asked, sending Harry a desperate look.

Harry nodded slowly and took a step away, until Brandon called to him.

“Yo, Daddy, you got yourself a good little girl here. She barely whimpered. She was a bit tense at first, but she soon got into it.”

“Brandon!” cried Lily.

Harry and Ron turned around. Harry's fists were clenched. Ron went red.

“Do you know who this is? He's Harry bloody Potter! He's Lily's father. Just so you know, she's got two brothers, one god brother, three uncles and two male cousins who would gladly help Harry if anyone hurt Lily, got it!” cried Ron, counting on his hands.

“Uncle Ron!' cried Lily.

“Lily's also got an uncle in Romania, who's a dragon trainer. Believe me, we know how to get rid of a body,” finished Ron.

“Really,” drawled Brandon, quite amused. Lily looked mortified.

“And when we're all done with you, we'd give any leftover pieces to Ginny. Then you'll really know pain,” said Harry, quite enjoying the image of what Ron was saying.

To Harry's surprise, Brandon laughed and put his helmet on. “You old dudes need to chill before you give yourself a heart attack. I'll see you around Lil. G'day Mrs P, looking good,” he whistled.

He took off on his motorcycle, as Harry and Ron turned to see Ginny coming towards them. She waved goodbye as Brandon left, and then turned to face them.

“Hi, what's going on?” she asked.

“Daddy's ruining my life, that's what's going on!” said Lily dramatically, brushing past Harry and Ron, and heading back to the house.

Ginny watched her go before turning back to Harry and Ron.

“Well?” she asked.

“I can't believe he flirted with you, and you just waved to him. Do you know who he is? What he's done? What he's done to our baby girl?” asked Harry, running his hands through his hair.

Ginny looked surprised. “It's Brandon Finnegan, Seamus's oldest son. What's the matter? What has he done to Lily?”

Harry started pacing. “He's too old for her, for a start. With his shaved head, and the motorcycle, no, I'm sorry but Lily is grounded. You go and tell her, Gin. She's grounded for the next five years, no ten!”

Ginny sighed. “You can't ground her Harry. She's seventeen. Will one of you please tell me what's going on?”

She looked to Ron, who shook his head, then Harry.

“You should have heard him, Gin, the things he was saying. He said it was Lily's first time and that she did really well. Merlin, I thought I was having a heart attack, especially when he offered to rub cream on, on...it!”

Ron paled. “Bloody hell! We just let him leave! We need to go and find out where he is and bring him back here and-”

“NO!” Harry and Ron jumped, then looked at Ginny. She pointed her finger at them.

“You promise me you won't do anything to Brandon, especially without talking to Lily first. Both of you, promise me.”

“Okay, I promise-” said Harry.

“I promise-” said Ron.

Ginny nodded. “Good. Harry, if my instincts are right, Lily's gone home. I think we should go home and talk to her. I'll go and let Mum and Dad know. I'll meet you at the house in five minutes,” she said, leaving them.

When she was far enough away, Ron muttered, “I promise that I'll help you, Harry, I'll hold him down while you give him your best shot.”

“Yeah, I promise to listen to him as he cries when I cut out his tongue for calling us old dudes and telling us to chill. Then I-I, damn, I can't think of anything right now!” said Harry.

Both men started walking back to the Burrow. “These girls are going to be the death of us, Harry. When I held my little Rosie in my arms the first time, I swore I'd do anything to protect her. She's had me wrapped around her finger since the day she was born. Now we have to let our baby girls grow up and go out there and meet these blokes, like that git, Brandon, and we know what they want.

“I don't want to think about Lily growing up. I want her to stay my little girl forever. Growing up means dates, and clubs with strippers, and boys and, well, you know,” said Harry.

Ron nodded gloomily. “Sex. At least you don't have to worry about your little girl having sex with a Malfoy!”

Harry perked up and said. “A Finnegan doesn't make me feel all warm and gooey, but hey, thanks, I think that actually made me feel better. Cheers, mate!”

Harry slapped Ron on the back.

Harry and Ginny said goodbye to the others, before flooing home. As expected, Lily was upstairs in her bedroom with the door shut. Ginny popped in to see her and came back to Harry. She came to him and hugged him.

“Go on, love, go and talk to her. Tell her how you are you feeling, but Harry, please, listen to what Lil has to say too.”

Harry nodded, and with a quick kiss, he went up the stairs. He knocked on Lily's door and she called, “Come in.”

Harry went in and saw Lily was unpacking a bag. She had showered, and now, with her face make-up free and in shorts and a tank top, she looked more fourteen than seventeen. For a moment, Harry wished he had a time turner.

“So,” said Harry, “What's new?”

He cringed at how lame that sounded.

Lily sent him a look. “What's new? That's what you want to ask me, what's new? That's lame, Daddy.”

“No. No, you're right. I'm sorry, Lil,” said Harry, sitting on her bed. “Have a good night with the girls?”

Lily nodded. “Yeah it was lots of fun. We went to that new night club off Diagon Alley. The music was really good, so I was dancing most of the night. It was so much fun,” she smiled.

“You spent the night at Molly and Lucy's, right?” asked Harry.

Lily nodded. “Yeah, we didn't get home till two this morning, and then I met Brandon at lunch time. I'm pretty tired, think I might go to bed early tonight. It's been a big day,” she said, yawning.

Harry gulped. Lily had mentioned Brandon. Did he really want to ask?

He opened his mouth, but before he could speak, Lily beat him to it. “You really embarrassed me today, Daddy. Brandon did nothing wrong, and you and Uncle Ron went crazy. Talking about getting rid of his body in Romania, honestly,” said Lily, hands on her hips.

“Yeah, well, I-”

“Although it was pretty funny when you said Mum would finish him off. You know, I really think all my uncles are scared of Mum, aren't they?” asked Lily, chuckling.

“Have you met your mother? Of course we're all scared of her,” said Harry, dryly.

Lily laughed again, then stopped. “Daddy, have I done something wrong? You've acted different to me since I got home from Hogwarts.”

Harry sighed. “No, Lil, you've done nothing wrong. It's all me. You've grown into a beautiful young woman, and I'm just having a hard time dealing with all that goes with that. You know, the night clubs, the drinking and-”

“Dad, last night was Vicki's hens night. Sure I had fun at the night club, but I couldn't imagine going to one all the time. The strippers were Domi's idea,” said Lily, defensively.

“-the boys,” finished Harry. Lily sat quietly. Harry reached for her hand.

“It's so hard to see you grow up, Lil, because I know that one day, I'm going to have to let you go. You're so much like your mother, so beautiful and loving. What young man isn't going to be attracted to that? I know one day you will meet a man, and he'll be the one. But let me tell you right now, my precious Lily Luna, no man will ever be good enough for you, do you understand?”

“Oh Daddy!” cried Lily, throwing herself into his arms. Harry hugged her tight, never wanting to let her go.

Lily pulled back. “Thank you for saying that, Daddy. He'll have to be very special to be the one, Daddy, because I measure every guy I meet against you. That's why I got this,” she said, turning around and pulling back her tank top.

On her right shoulder blade was a tattoo with the word Dad inside a red heart with a green lightning bolt running through the middle.

“I got it today. Brandon took me,' said Lily. “What do you think? Daddy?”

Harry looked at it, then looked at his daughter. “He-he took you,” he stammered.

Lily nodded. “I was going to go to this place down Knockturn Alley, but Brandon heard me telling Li-er, someone, and said he knew a really good place, and that he'd go with me and stay with me. I was really glad to have him there, Dad. Dad?”

Harry had gone still when he heard Lily mention Knockturn Alley, but he came out of his stupor and hugged Lily again. “Good, I'm glad he was a good friend, and helped you, sweetheart. I'm touched, really. It's a nice tattoo,” he said.

“So, we're good, everything’s okay? Can Brandon come over sometime? He's met Mum. He likes her, ”asked Lily.

“We're fine, sweetheart. I can't promise I won't have a blow up again, but, hey, I'm your Dad. As for Brandon, he can come over when hell freezes over, okay?”

“Daddy!” cried Lily.

Harry winked at her and left. Lily smiled and grabbed an old purple dragon toy that was laying on her bed. She sat down and cuddled it, thinking about her Dad. A knock at the door made her look up.

“Come in,” she said.

Ginny popped her head in. “How did it go? Did he like it?”

Lily nodded, smiling. Ginny came in her bedroom and sat next to Lily

“Everything’s okay with you and your Dad, then? It's hitting him hard, Lil, you growing up. Go easy on him, please?” asked Ginny, with a smile.

Lily nodded, smiling. She hugged her mum. Ginny got up to go, but as she got to the door, she stopped.

“What did your dad say about Brandon?”

“That he can come back when hell freezes over. So unfair, Mum!”

“I know, love. Still, this should make it easy,” said Ginny.

“Huh?' asked Lily.

“If I were you, I'd give it a day, then invite Liam over for tea. It's about time your dad met your boyfriend. He'll be so happy it's not Brandon; he'll practically welcome Liam into the family. Trust me, I know your father,' said Ginny, smiling.

“Mum! You're brilliant! Thank you Mum,” said Lily, flying over to give Ginny another hug.

Ginny hugged her back, and left the room.

Lily finished unpacking, and even though it was early, she decided to get into her pyjamas. As she got changed, she giggled.

“Good thing I didn't tell Dad OR Mum about the piercing,” she said as she looked at her new belly button piercing, a gold hoop with a gold snitch swinging from it.

FINITE




Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear