Search:

SIYE Time:13:24 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Fearless
By COOLANGEL52

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Mental Abuse, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: During Harry's fourth year, a new student hides out in Hogwarts. But how well do they really know her?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2232



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Ok this is my first fanfic, so please don't hate too hard!! Thanks so much to my beta, Taylor. I know HP isn't your strong suit, but you helped me a lot!!! Now, on with the show!!




ChapterPrinter


She raced through the low hanging trees. She was panting hard, her lungs burning within her chest. Her curly brown hair fanned out behind her, occasionally falling in the face. She had a frightened expression on her normally cheerful face. Her caramel colored skin looked more like soot with all the dirt attached to it. But that she didn't care. She couldn't let them catch her. Not again.

She had spent an impossible amount of time running. Adrenaline and fear had become her natural instinct. Being alert was second nature. Hope was nonexistent. When she was younger, she had dreamed of having a grand adventure like something out of a story book. Something that would make all of her classmates jealous at her bravery. That, however, had been a childhood dream, probably the result of excessive reading. If her younger self had seen her now, she would have been thrilled. She was living her dream. But, she was far from happy. She had never dreamed of witnessing what she had witnessed, felt as much pain as she had felt, and lived in as much fear as she was living in now. This was not a dream. This was not even a nightmare. It was a living hell.

They had wanted her for the strangest things. Not her brains or beauty. But her oddities that she had tried to hide away from the world. They wanted to harvest the strange things that were happening to her body. When she refused to comply, they had tortured her body with stocks she soon learned to fear. Being there had taught her to trust no one, reveal nothing, and remain emotionless. She had barely escaped with her life. Still, running continuously was safer than remaining with them.

She slowed down as she reached a spring, lightly flowing with crystal clear water. She snapped her head behind her, looking for unseen followers. After a few moments, she committed to relief and sat by the spring to catch her breath. She reached her hand into the clear water. Though the moon was hidden in the trees, she could see the water turn from clear to rusty color as she cleared her wounds, occasionally taken sips. When she was as clean as she was going to get, she lifted herself from her knees and looked around.

She was finally out of the forest after days of running and hiding. In the distance she saw lights, signaling a town was near. Off to her right she saw a a small shack with the lights dimmed. She vaguely heard a gruff voice and a dog whimper in reply. A little ways behind the shack was a large lake with stands around the perimeter. She saw a vast field with what seemed to be goal posts and more stands. But the thing that caught her eye was the majestic castle in front of her. Through small windows, she could see people bustling about. The castle looked homely, and strangely unguarded.

Her feet seemed to have a mind of their own. Step by step, they inched closer to the castle. As the castle grew larger, the brunette girl quickened her pace. They would never find her here. Maybe she could wait them out. Maybe even forever. She could get whatever was wrong with her body straightened out. She could go home.

She smiled coldly. "Can't catch me now."
-------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
Harry Potter was frustrated. Book after book, suggestion after suggestion was shot down. It seemed they would never find something that could help him breathe underwater for an entire hour. To make matters worse, the second task was less than two weeks away. To say the least, Harry was not in the mood for anymore studying.

"Hermione, can't we come back tomorrow? We're going to miss dinner," Ron moaned, voicing both of their concerns.

Hermione huffed, " Is food all you ever think about, Ronald? And besides, we're so close! I can feel it."

Ron rolled his eyes. "All I can feel is my stomach growling. All we've done all day is stay cooped up in the library! All we had for lunch were the sandwiches Dobby brought over! Can't we take the rest of the night off?"

Before Hermione could retort, Harry cut in, "We have been in here for a while, 'Mione. Besides, we have tomorrow, too."

Hermione reddened at Harry's words. For a couple seconds, Harry feared she might explode. But she took a deep breath and reluctantly nodded.

"Fine. But we're coming back first thing tomorrow."

Ron whooped, but was shushed by Madam Pince. After rushing to put the books back in their places, the trio made their way into the Great Hall. Harry noticed an absence in weight as he walked.

"Damn, I forgot my book bag. You guys go ahead, I'll meet you there."

Harry rushed back the way they came before Hermione could scold him for his language. Once he had retrieved his bag, he made his way back to the Great Hall.

The corridor was now completely deserted. Harry sauntered through, lost deep in thought about the Tournament.

It was a relief that Ron was his friend again, what with the Second Task, the Yule Ball, and bloody Rita Skeeter. He was fuming when he found out what she had printed about Hermione and him. Hermione now got regular hate mail, curtesy of the meddling reporter. She seemed to be getting inside information awfully quickly. And then, the announcement of the Yule Ball. Almost on instinct, he looked at the Ravenclaw table, straight at Cho. He planned on asking her as soon as possible.

Before he knew it, he was steps away from the Great Hall entrance. But, something caught the corner of his eye. He stopped abruptly.

'Who in their right mind would be out at this hour?' he thought to himself. 'It's dinner time.'

He walked over to a window that over look the once-game-ready Quidditch Pitch. A shadow was making it's way towards Hogwarts, and rather quickly at that. He blinked, confused. But when he tried to stare at the figure again, it had vanished. Harry stayed at the window for a few more minutes, searching for what ever it was that had run away. Finally, he gave up and waded into the Great Hall, but not without a sense of worry deep in his gut.

Harry greeted the bickering Ron and Hermione absentmindedly, still lost in thought.

'Who was that?'
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear