Search:

SIYE Time:14:26 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Secrets Revealed
By Dorothy

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 6
Summary: Ginny shares some of her secrets with Harry, and needs his help in healing.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5572



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Thanks to my Betas Ginny Guerra and Ministry Malcontent for their thoughtful suggestions.
Please leave a review, as it means a lot to me :)




ChapterPrinter


SECRETS REVEALED


Harry saw Ginny walking down the aisle with a smile on her face towards a tall, faceless stranger. Before Harry could stop her, Ginny had already exchanged rings and she was kissing the stranger.

"No!" Harry managed to yell. His own screaming woke him up. He was breathing heavily, and beads of sweat formed on his face. He tried to take in his surroundings. Dawn was breaking, and enough light peered in through the window for Harry to realize he was in his bedroom in Grimmauld Place. Harry looked at the walls and remembered how he had decorated them the previous day with photos of Ginny and himself; their precious moments caught on camera. There was one picture in particular that he liked the most, a picture of their first kiss in Gryffindor common room.

He thought to himself, "Today I will make Ginny Weasley my wife."

A sheepish grin formed on his face, then slowly the nervousness crept back. He thought back; Ginny had always been there for him in all his problems, but what if problems rose between the two of them? Who would he go to for help? Sure enough, Ron was his best mate and had had his back all these years. But when it came to Ginny and him, Harry knew Ron would take Ginny's side, seeing how blood is thicker than water. Then there was Hermione, who knew all too well how to solve problems, yet she was also a woman. Harry thought that she too would take Ginny's side. So they would have to solve any problems that arose for themselves.

"Ginny has been so excited about wedding!" he said to himself.

He forced himself think pleasant thoughts and got down from his bed to face the day that would mark the beginning of a beautiful life.

* * *
Ginny sat gazing at the sky.

"Today is the day I marry Harry Potter," she thought.

She had dreamt about this day from the age of 10, and now that it was there, she had to admit that she was nervous. As much as she was looking forward to this day, she dreaded it too. Had she made a hurried decision? Was she too naive to handle things? A vague idea of her running away crossed her mind, and a sudden frown formed on her face. She told to herself that she wouldn't be a runaway bride. She remembered reading in Witch Weekly that many witches, and sometimes even wizards, got cold feet on their marriage day. So she thought that after all this was normal.

Too many thoughts came to her mind. She would have to leave her childhood house and go to a different house, which she would call home. She would have to share a lot of things; not that she was ever bothered, but she would have to share something special, her body. As this thought came to her mind, a blush crept up her face. She also had a few secrets of her own about her sixth year, which she wanted to share with Harry on this particular day. Her nervousness particularly rose when she imagined how Harry would behave after listening to her. He was so nervous that he didn't want to say his vows in front of all the people. Ginny had rolled her eyes and after much persuading from her, Harry had finally given in. Thinking of Harry's nervousness actually calmed her. She sighed and got up from her bed to face the most beautiful day of her life, when she would wake up a Weasley, and go to bed a Potter.

Harry was standing at altar with Ron behind him. Ginny was walking down the aisle with her father. Harry felt ecstatic for he was marrying beautiful Ginny. She gave her father's cheek a quick peck and stood beside Harry. They both faced the small, tufty-haired wizard who had conducted Bill and Fleur’s wedding. Everything went blurry and he could only focus on Ginny. Ron had to nudge him, for it was time to say his vows. Ginny gave a mischievous smile, but then became serious quickly as he began his vow.

"I, Harry James Potter, take thee, Ginevra Molly Weasley, to be my wife, my partner in life, and my true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you, and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, heart and love from this day forward for as long as we both shall live." He then took a deep breath and continued, “I shall not keep any secrets from you, and I’ll pour my heart into your interests, and would like to see our offspring running around and grow old with you."

Ginny knew that Harry had taken extra care to write those down because it caught her heart. Now it was her turn.

"I, Ginevra Molly Weasley, take thee, Harry James Potter, to be my husband, my lover and my friend. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in health, in joys and sorrows, in failure and triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity. I will promise to...," she blushed a little and then continued, "...bear our children and take care of them."

Harry kissed his bride and the tufty-haired wizard declared them bonded for life.

Then everybody crowded around congratulating them, wishing them well and blessing them.

Harry felt dazed and the smile wouldn’t leave his face. Before he knew it, it was time to take everybody’s leave.

Harry, along with Ginny, Apparated to Grimmauld Place after the wedding from The Burrow. Once he was there, he found Kreacher bowing very low to Harry. He also wished them ,”Congratulations!"

Harry had invited Kreacher to the wedding, but Kreacher had insisted on staying at Grimmauld Place.

"You remember Kreacher?" asked Harry.

"Of course!" said Ginny.

"And do you remember Ginny, Kreacher?" asked Harry. The house elf simply nodded.

"From today onwards you take orders from Ginny too. She is the Mistress of the Potter household," said Harry. The house-elf looked at Ginny and once again nodded and bowed low to Ginny as well. He then presented them with a box of fine chocolates as a wedding gift.


"Eat something and rest." said Harry.

Kreacher bowed and vanished. Harry picked Ginny up and carried her to their bedroom. Once he opened the bedroom door, soothing music started to play. Harry put his bride down and she went to look at the photos.

Ginny, who knew that Harry was rubbish at expressing his feelings, was actually awed at this display.

"You have outdone yourself today! I didn't know you could be this romantic," said Ginny smiling.

Harry grinned broadly, pulled her to him and kissed her and murmured against her lips, "Tonight is a special night!" and then deepened the kiss. After few moments they broke apart. Both stared at each other and Ginny was blushing heavily.

She tactfully changed the subject and said, "Let’s open Kreacher’s present!"

He started to open the box when suddenly he stopped and said, "Hold on a minute, will you?" and pulled a jewellery box. Ginny joined him. He opened the box, which contained an emerald and ruby necklace, a bracelet and a ring.

"This is my wedding gift for you," he said; "I saw it a long time back when I was still in Auror training, and it reminded me of us, so felt like buying it. I have purchased this with my own money, not from my parents' money. I started saving after I joined the Aurors."

Ginny's eyes glistened with tears and she said "But, Harry, I have not bought you any gift- - sorry- -"

Before she could finish, Harry put a finger on her lips and silenced her, "You’re a greater gift than anything that could be bought. Come on; let me put this on you." Ginny saw their reflection in the mirror and admired how perfect for each other they were.

She asked, "The secret thing in your vow, what was that about?"

Harry looked at her and said, "I kept some things secret from you during that year of Horcrux hunting. But from now on, I don't want to keep anything secret from you," and quickly added, "except for things pertaining to Auror cases."

Ginny snorted and asked, "So will I know all the secrets Ron and Hermione know?"

"Yes, probably more," said Harry.

Ginny let out a big sigh and said, "As long as we are on that topic, I have a few secrets of my own."

Harry panicked a little, but maintained the calm face he had learnt as an Auror, and said “Well, let’s hear it."

Ginny pushed her hands towards him. Harry saw nothing there. He looked up confused. Ginny held her wand and muttered something under her breath. Then Harry saw the scar, “I am a blood traitor” on her right hand.

Harry could no longer hold the calm face, which was replaced by a sad face. She showed him her other hand, and Harry felt pain searing through his body when he read the scar spelling “I am Potter's whore”.

"Who did this to you?" he asked stomping around.

"The Carrows," replied Ginny. She then continued saying that she had tried all sorts of charms and Madam Pomfrey's medication to wipe away the scar completely, but she had not succeeded yet. The only thing that had worked was a masking charm.

Harry thought that he was losing his mind. He started to rub the scar with his hand, muttered some spells to wipe it completely, desperately trying to succeed in what Ginny had failed. He even called Kreacher and asked him to get Essence of Dittany or Skele-Gro or any potion that could help. But after some time he found the scar staring back at him. He held her hands to his lips and kissed them and said, "Sorry Gin, I had no idea of what you went through."

Ginny kissed him and said "I didn't show those scars to pain you, Harry, but as a way of revealing myself to you." After Harry's breathing evened, she said she had another secret.

Harry immediately jumped from his seat so as to face another shock. "What kind of secret?" he asked with guilty voice.

Ginny began "Well, you know the Carrows and Slytherins used the Cruciatus curse on us most of the time. One day I was called up to the Headmaster's office to be enquired. When I didn't give out anything they needed, they used... ," she paused.

"What!?"

"Sectumsempra," replied Ginny, whose voice was barely a whisper, but Harry still heard it.
He slid to the floor. He remembered Malfoy when Harry himself had used that spell. Seeing Malfoy in his own pool of blood, Harry had felt that he should not have used it even on his arch enemy.

But here Ginny, his Ginny, his Love, had undergone it. He was now seeing how much she had suffered for him. He felt his love for her increased suddenly.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Ginny kept asking.

He pulled her close and held her tightly, as though he was trying to fuse her to himself.
He kissed the top of her head and managed to ask " Where... , how... ?"

Ginny murmured against his chest that the spell had hit her at the lower abdomen and Snape had immediately stepped in. She continued saying that Snape said, though he had allowed Cruciatus curse to be used, he wouldn't allow any student dying while he still was the Headmaster, and had patched her up. But he conveniently forgot to fade her scar.

"Who knows about it?" asked Harry.

"The twins and Madam Pomfrey know about it. And now you," said Ginny sadly.

Harry sat there silently holding Ginny all the while and tears rolled down his cheeks."Did it hurt a lot?" he asked obviously knowing the answer.

"I thought I was dying," said Ginny, "but, as I told you, Snape stepped in."

Another reason to be thankful to Snape, thought Harry. After a while he asked, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Anger washed over him.

"Well, I thought I would tell you at the right time," said Ginny.

"Do you think I would not have married you?" he said still glaring at her, "do you consider my love so shallow?"

"No, Harry," she said calmly.

"Then why would you not tell me such things?" continued Harry.

"Because of this," Ginny said as she gestured at him and all his anger. "I knew if I had told you earlier, then you would feel guilty about it and you would rush to make things right by me and wouldn't allow the natural pace of our relationship. I didn't want to compromise on that."

Harry's expression softened and he sighed heavily. "Don't shut me out like that anymore," he said, dropping his head in his hands.

"Although Snape and Madam Pomfrey healed me, it left me with certain after effects," said Ginny.

"What after effects?" he asked curiously.

"I can still enjoy womanhood and the joys of motherhood. But when I get my ... Um … periods, there is severe pain where the spell hit me. Madam Pomfrey has taught me to brew a perfect potion, which I need to take every month…," she paused and then continued, "…that's where you could help me."

"Help you? How? Sure, Ginny, anything for you," he said with a bit of excitement. "How do you want me to brew that potion for you?"

"The permanent solution would be... Um... it can be fixed with your love," she said blushing profoundly. Harry found this idea very confusing and strange, and didn't quite understand why Ginny was blushing.

"You know I love you, but sweetheart I am not getting it. If it was my love, then why didn't your pain go away earlier? Merlin, it's so confusing," he said with a confused expression on his face.

“Madam Pomfrey told me that certain after effects of dark spells can be cured, and seeing where the spell hit me she was sure that it would be cured with a different kind of love,” said Ginny. Harry still had the same confused expression on his face.

"How thick can you be, Harry?" asked Ginny.

"Well, if you stop beating around the bushes and come to the point, then I would be a little less thick headed," said Harry.

Ginny looked at him for a while contemplating how to say it to him. She opened and closed her mouth several times, but no words came out. She suddenly hid her face in her hands and muttered, "It's your physical love that will ease the pain."

It was Harry's turn to blush and he was glad that Ginny had hidden her face. But she continued "The ultimate love you can show me is... " she trailed off and took a deep breath "Um...Er...when we make a baby and Um... it would , Um... the pain would completely go away after a child birth."

Harry sat thinking about it for some time with Ginny's face still hidden in her hands. He then plucked her hands from her face and lifted her chin so she could look him in the eyes and said, "Let's get started on easing your pain," with a mischievous smile and he continued to “ease her pain” the whole night.


Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear