Search:

SIYE Time:21:32 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


What If That Happened Instead
By fifi_evans

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

What if Harry had three siblings, and the four were quadruplets? What if Harry’s mum had had a twin brother, and he had a family with twin children? What if Vernon Dursley was magical? What is his son, Dudley, was also magical and nice? What if Petunia liked magic? What if Ron and Ginny were twins? What if Luna was the same age as the others? What if Sirius had been put on trial, and found innocent? What if Peter Pettigrew had been caught after that? What if Harry and his siblings had gone to live with Sirius and Remus? This story will answer these questions. Part one of four. This one’s Harry’s life before Hogwarts and his first year.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2870



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I don't own Harry Potter, the characters, or the setting. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I'm just playing with them. However, I do own John Evans, Delores DeLeon/Evans, Josefina Evans, Jake Evans, John Potter, Rose Potter, Jaime Potter, and the Power of Four.




ChapterPrinter


Prologue

“Albus, I’ve found Harry.” Molly Weasley entered the once nice living room of the Potter Manor in Godric’s Hollow. She placed Harry Potter next to his cousins and friends. “Do you have any idea on what we’re going to do about Sirius Black?”

“I’m going to try him under some Truth Serum Molly. Now, the other three need to be found.” Albus looked very sad as he looked at the thin line on Harry’s forehead. “Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do about his scar.”

Molly looked sadly at Harry’s lightning bolt-shaped scar before going to help the others. However, as she reached the door, it opened to reveal John Evans, Delores Evans, Arthur Weasley, Remus Lupin, Vernon Dursley, and Petunia Dursley. At the same time, Sirius Black came through the fireplace wrestling with his younger brother, Regulus Black.

“No Sirius! You don’t understand. It was my choice. It wasn’t MY fault Xantos Evans ambushed you on your way home. Anyway, I want out of the ranks!” Regulus shouted.

“I do understand. I understand better than you think. And I didn’t say it was your fault….” Sirius stopped and looked around at the four wands pointed at him. “Remus, I thought you were my friend. What happened?”

“Key word, ‘were’. I had been your friend, but then you betrayed Lily and James.” Remus snarled. He lifted his wand a bit higher. “Give me a reason, and I will hex you. Badly.”

“Remus, I switched places with Peter at the last moment. Did he…? Let me at that little rat!” Sirius looked around the ruined living room furiously. Then he turned to Regulus. “I could have helped fight! And you stopped me. You stopped me!” Sirius glared at his brother.

“I didn’t know. Honestly. I came to tell you that he was planning to attack soon because I was there when the Dark Lord was told the location by a man he called Wormtail.”

“Try them both Albus.” Molly said quietly. Albus nodded. Out loud, she said, “That’s enough fighting. All of you put your wands away, or give them to me.”

“Sirius, Regulus, some time soon, most likely later tonight or tomorrow, you will both be test under some Truth Serum to see if you are telling the truth. Now, Delores, Petunia, and Remus, if you could please set the three Potter siblings down….”

“Albus, I’ve seen what happened. I used the spell you taught me in various rooms, but not in here yet. May I?” Delores asked as she set the red haired boy, John Peter Potter, down.

“You may Delores.” Albus said. “Pirori Reincarnition!” Delores said swiftly. They all watched as a scene from that night played out. They watched as Lily and James played with the four children, and then put them to bed. They watched as James started to shout at Lily, then as Voldemort strike him down after Lily had been up there for a while. Then Voldemort started for the stairs, and disappeared.

“Poor Lily and James. It’s sad to die at a young age, really sad. I also hate Xantos. You said he ambushed you Sirius?” Petunia regained her voice first.

“Yea. He did. Xantos is evil, no off – oh wait. Lily’s not here.” Sirius sighed. "God this is gonna be hard. Especially with both of them gone.” Remus nodded in agreement. “Prongs was like a brother to me.” Sirius sat down on the floor. “What else did you see Delores?”

“Well, apparently, this was first. Then it showed Lily trying to hide the four kids. They had an alcove that was almost hidden. She was putting Harry in there when Voldemort appeared. He told her to move, and she refused. He killed her, and then tried to kill Harry. But the spell backfired, killing Voldemort instead. The curse left the scar on his forehead. The backlash of Voldemort’s magic left similar, though white, meaning that it will not cause any sort of pain IF, and only if he does, come back, scars on Little John’s forehead, and Rose and Jaime’s stomach.” Delores paused and sighed. “Arthur, when did you and James arrange a marriage for Harry and Ginny? Why didn’t we hear about it?”

“Because that happened just yesterday. James said that Peter had come to him asking for forgiveness after he told You-Know-Who. When James heard the news, he did not totally forgive him, but only partially. Peter had been threatened that if he didn’t join Him, then all of his friends and family would be killed, as well as Peter receiving a painful death. Peter thought that he had no choice when he saw that they had killed the one that meant everything to him. But Peter told James when You-Know-Who was going to attack. He made quick decisions. He knew that anyone of his children would do what the prophecy told of, and he was trying to make sure none of them, as well as Lily, would not die. The arranged marriage was one. He and Lily found a spell that would protect the three youngest as long as the oldest lived. Apparently, Harry was the oldest.” Arthur paused. “We were waiting for an opportune moment to tell you.” He smiled gently.

“Okay Arthur. I see. James always had reasons. I think I’ll go see what went on in other rooms.” Delores left looking thoughtful. She walked through the rooms that she hadn’t checked. Sure enough, she saw that James and Peter had talked in the kitchen, and what Arthur said was true. In the bedroom, well, she didn’t want to see what she did. The guest bedroom showed that Binky, their house-elf, had been the last one in there, cleaning. Slowly, she made up her mind. She would spend the night here; making sure that no Death Eater would come and ransack the place. It was one last thing she could do for her sister-in-law and brother-in-law. She loved them. Lily had lived across the street from her when they were young. James had been a cousin and friend. Even then, Lily had wanted very little to do with James, who kept pranking her. Delores smiled. Once, the three of them were playing truth or dare, and she had dared Lily to pronounce undying love for James when they were ten. She was pretty sure that that was when James realized that he liked her. That had started six years of dancing around the other, fighting, arguing, James asking her to Hogsmeade, her saying no every time. That kind of thing. The summer before seventh year, tired of being asked over and over again, she struck a deal. If she agreed to go out with him once, he would shut up and leave her alone. She said this in front of Peter, Sirius, Remus, her twin John, and Delores herself, that way it was verified. That one time was all it took. She finally admitted to herself that she liked James, and after that, they were pretty much attached at the hip. Where one was, the other was almost always close by. Even in the library, this was true. Delores grinned. She was partially the reason they got together, and they had known that.

When she got back downstairs, she saw a makeshift trial was going on. Both Sirius and Regulus were being given some Truth Serum. She quietly stayed in the back with the others. Sirius had been telling the truth when he said that he switched with Peter as Secret Keeper. Regulus told of how, even if he wanted to do so, he didn’t follow Sirius’ footsteps in going against his parent’s beliefs and wishes. He even became a Death Eater, but he immediately regretted it. It was when he was told to go murder someone that he rebelled and ran to Sirius. Both of them had been let free, but Regulus had been asked that he’d submit his wand for a test to see every spell he had cast. He did say that there were some failed attempts at the Crutiatis and Imperious Curses.

When the trial ended and Regulus’ wand had been checked, he was shown the contents of the Prophecy that Arthur had mentioned. It said: “The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches…Born to those who have trice defied him, born as the seventh month dies…And the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal, but he shall have powers the Dark Lord knows not…And either must die at the hand of the other, for nether can live while the other survives…The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.” “Wow. That could have been Harry, John, – Potter – Rose, or Jamie. Did anyone else defeat the Dark Lord three times, then have a child born at the end of July?” Regulus took this information in quicker than the others when the first heard it.

“Yes. Frank and Alice Longbottom had a son born the same day as the Potter quadruplets shortly after they defeated Voldemort for the third time.” Albus said quietly.

“Oh my! I was part of the group the Dark Lord sent that caused me to come to you Siri. He sent a select group to the Longbottoms to get their son and bring him to him. He said that as long as we don’t harm the baby, we could kill of torture them. Knowing Bella, they’re probably still their, looking for any useful information by torturing them. You’d best help them if you c-.” He stopped mid-sentence as someone sent a spell his way. Turning, he saw who it was.

“Don’t give out information that’s not yours, Black. I never thought that I’d have to come up against you, but when you’re alone, you’re a pushover.” Bellatrix Lestrange taunted.

“But he’s not alone.” Sirius pulled out his wand and pointed it at his cousin’s heart. “No, he’s not alone at all Bella.”

~*~

A/N: Sorry! One of my brothers got onto my laptop and deleted the story. So I had to re-edit it. Again, sorry!

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear