Search:

SIYE Time:6:06 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Ideal Match
By Lamia

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry had faced many things before: dragons, basilisks, werewolves, and of course defeated the darkest wizard of all time, but nothing could prepare him for this gaggle of giggling, groping teenage witches.

Harry discovers the pitfalls of being famous thanks to Witch Weekly Magazine.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4115



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is just a little story I thought of whilst sitting, really bored during one of my university lectures. If I get a positive response I may do I series of follow on stories, but I haven't quite decided yet.

I decided to make this fanfic AU because although it does somewhat follow on from Deathly Hallows, I have kept Snape alive which we all know isn't strictly cannon. Anyway...enjoy :D

~Lamia~
P.S- Thankyou very much to Miss Radcliffe who kindly beta read my story for me.




ChapterPrinter







Ideal Match


By Lamia




Harry Potter was not happy. What would have been a normal school day, normal for him anyway, was turning into the day from hell. It was that kind of day that made him wish that he had just stayed in his nice warm bed in the safety of the boy’s dormitory.

However that morning, from the moment he had entered the common room and seen the look on his girlfriend’s face, he knew something was up and he got that familiar, uneasy feeling in the pit of stomach.

“What’s up with you?” he asked cautiously as he reached the bottom step of the boy’s staircase and came face to face with one grinning Ginny Weasley.

She raised her eyebrows at him, and quickly stood on her tiptoes to briefly peck him on the cheek.

“What ever do you mean Harry?” she asked cheerfully, bending down to pick up her book bag from the common room floor without taking her eyes off him.

“What are you grinning at?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at her. It was extremely unusual to see Ginny so happy at this time in the morning; she really was not a morning person, and as he was running late and had made her wait a few extra minutes, he expected her to be in a right foul mood.

Ginny simply shrugged her shoulders and turned to walk towards the portrait door, her long red hair swaying behind her as she walked.

“Just a nice day that’s all,” she said simply as she climbed through the portrait hole.

Sighing but deciding to drop the subject he followed her through the portrait hole and shook his head at the mystery that was the opposite sex. Hand in hand they silently made their way to the Great hall for breakfast and so preoccupied was Harry with his thoughts that he did not notice the many clusters of giggling girls scattered throughout the corridors, each one watching his every step.

However as they reached the Great hall doors Ginny quickly turned to him and braced her hands on his chest stopping him mid step and startling him out of his silent musings. She had that blazing look on her face, one he had seen many times before.

“Brace yourself Harry,” she said slyly with a slight smirk before sharply turning to open the doors.

Harry frowned and opened his mouth to ask what she meant; however as he followed her into the hall all that escaped his mouth was an undignified squeak of surprise as he suddenly became bombarded with hysterical teenage girls.

“He’s here, Harry’s here!”

“Harry, please will you sign my picture?”

“No Harry sign my picture!”

“Harry, sign my shirt!”

“Sign my bra Harry.”

“HOLLY!”

“What? I want his name close to my heart.”

“Oh, well ok, me too Harry, me too!”

If he thought that girls were a mystery before, this view had increased tenfold as they surrounded him like a swarm of crazed doxies. Although most appeared to be in the years below him and were a good foot or two shorter then him, Harry was scared witless. ‘No scrap that,’ he thought, as he desperately searched for an escape, ‘girls weren’t a mystery, they were bloody crazy!’

“HEY, GET OFF!” he cried, suddenly breaking out of his shocked reverie to swat away one girl who was desperately clinging to the front of his robes. She was thrusting a quill and what seemed to be a page from a magazine into his face, almost knocking his glasses off in the process. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING, WHAT IS GOING ON?”

Harry had faced many things before: dragons, basilisks, werewolves, and of course defeated the darkest wizard of all time, but nothing could prepare him for this gaggle of giggling, groping teenage witches.

“I knew you’d be mine Harry,” one small girl with frizzy, mouse brown hair and rather large glasses cried, grinning toothily up at him, “I’m going to put you on my wall next to Kirley Duke who I love nearly as much as you.”

“On your wall…love…who…what?” he stuttered, trying to pry off another girl who had leached onto his tie. ‘Where is Ginny?’ he thought desperately. ‘Why isn’t she helping me?’

Just as he was preparing to resort to drastic measures by reaching for the wand in his robes pocket, he was saved by the booming voice of Professor McGonagall.

“Ladies, return to your seats immediately!” she bellowed, causing everyone within the hall to become silent, most jumping away from him, startled. “This is no way for young women of your ages to behave. I expect you to return to your breakfasts and leave Mr. Potter to eat his in peace.”

The girls begrudgingly dispersed and made their way to their respective tables, the young Hufflepuff clinging to his tie, boldly smoothing it down and winking before walking away and leaving a red-faced and rather dishevelled Harry to make his way to the Gryffindor table. Finding that the seat across from Ginny was free, he was annoyed to see that she was giggling at him.

“Glad you find this so funny,” he scowled, rearranging his tie and smoothing down his robes. “ I just got manhandled and all you can do is sit there and laugh. Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on!”

“Okay, okay I’m sorry,” she said, holding up her hands in mock defence before reaching into her bag and pulling out a rolled copy of Witch Weekly and handing it to him. “You’d better take a look at this.”

Harry unrolled the magazine and read the headlines on the cover aloud.

“Page 65, 101 Ways To Please Your Man,” he said cocking an eyebrow at her.

“No, not that one,” she said, blushing slightly

“Glamour Charms: How Many Are Too Many, Page 108?”

“No!”

“Page 205, I’m in love with my pet pigmy…”

“Bloody hell mate, just turn to Page 6,” came Ron’s irritated voice, whom until that point Harry had not even noticed was sitting next to him. It was clear that he, like many others were eagerly awaiting his reaction. Harry rolled his eyes and gingerly flicked through to a page with a blaring headline in dazzlingly pink glitter lettering entitled ‘IDEAL MATCH’.

Ladies, have you found yourself pining for a certain gentleman and have always wondered how compatible with him you really are?

Well with our perfect selection of handsome, heroic and altogether dishy heartthrobs you will have to wonder no more. Take our test today and find out which one of these charming and utterly desirable bachelors is your ‘ideal match’ with amazingly accurate results.



Below this there was a series of questions with several different answer options underneath each one.

“The idea is that you complete each question and then once they are all complete it will tell you whom your ideal match is,” said Hermione, who had suddenly appeared at his shoulder and was too peering down at the magazine page. “When that’s been established the page will turn into a poster of that person, like so…” she said pointing at a magazine belonging to a girl a few seats down the table.

The poster, ironically, was of him, and it was clear straight away that it had been manipulated and charmed to give him a facial expression he could not remember adopting before. It was one of an almost alluring and disturbingly seductive nature as he puckered his lips and winked, and then suddenly his expression changed and he was grinning toothily with what looked to be a sparkle added to his teeth, sickeningly reminding Harry of Gilderoy Lockhart. The icing on the cake however, was that it seemed that they had charmed his scar to appear as if it were glowing!

Harry sat gawking at the page for several moments, once again feeling his face heat up to an alarming level. He was used to publicity; although unwanted on Harry’s part, he was regularly mentioned in the Daily Prophet and he even had his own chocolate frog card now, but this was mortifying.

“So… what do you think?” sniggered Ron, elbowing Harry in the ribs, “because personally, Harry, I’m loving the ‘come to bed eyes’ you are displaying here.”

Harry let out a weak groan and placed his elbows on the table, resting his burning face in his hands.

“The first 5 pages have facts about each of the ‘bachelors,’” said Ginny, raising her hands to gesture air quotes for the word bachelors. “It tells you stuff about their favourite food, likes and dislikes and-erm things like that.”

“Who else is in it?” Harry asked weakly as he sat back up and flipped through the first few pages of the magazine.

“Erm…well let’s see… well obviously there’s you and there’s Gideon Crumb: he plays the bagpipes for The Weird Sisters if I’m not mistaken,” said Ginny, ticking them off on her fingers. “There’s Myron Wagtail: he’s the lead singer, and there are a couple of others from a soap opera on the Wireless network, and also there’s Galvin Gudgeon: he’s the seeker for the Chudley Cannons, and also erm…”

“Victor Krum,” said Hermione quickly. Harry felt Ron twitch beside him.

“However,” continued Ginny, “its seems that almost everyone is getting you. Whether it’s been charmed that way we don’t know, but….”

“But why?” he asked glancing at Ginny “Why would anyone want a poster of me? I mean I’m not famous in the same way these guys are; at the end of the day, all I’m famous for is…you know…being the ‘boy- who- lived’.

“Well, Harry, I’m afraid that magazines like these…” Hermione said bitterly, taking the seat next to Ron and throwing the magazine a look of utter distaste, “…will always portray you in the same way that they would an actor or a pop star or….”

“A Quidditch star?” muttered Ron, his ears reddening.

“Well, yes, I suppose,” Hermione said offhandedly, glancing briefly at Ron before turning her attention back to Harry. “The point is that they were bound to take advantage of you and use you as a figure to be idolised, in this case by gullible teenage girls.”

“Yeah, well, I don’t like it, it’s so stupid,” Harry said, pouring himself a glass of pumpkin juice and pointing savagely at the ‘Facts’ page entitled ‘MR. POTTER, THE HERO OF OUR DREAMS’. “Look at the tripe they have written about me: according to this I love ‘long walks in the countryside, the smell of Chrysanthemum flowers and adore being hand fed Pepper Imps’. Malfoy is going to have a bloody field day with this lot.”

Ginny let out a snort. “So you don’t like being fed Pepper Imps do you not Harry?” Harry frowned at her.

“How come you’re so calm about all this?” he asked, closing the magazine altogether. “Doesn’t it bother you? I mean they are basically implying that I’m single.”

She shrugged before returning to her breakfast.

“It does a bit I suppose, but like you said, Harry, it’s totally stupid,” said Ginny simply. “I always knew that this kind of thing would happen at some point. I’m really not that bothered.”

“Really?” he said uncertainly, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Really, Harry,” said Ginny firmly, patting his hand that was still clutching the offending magazine. “It really is quite funny to see all those little girls fawning after you actually. Your face was priceless, like a dear caught in headlights,” she chuckled. “Here was me thinking that nothing could phase you. If You-Know-Who had known that all he had to do was sick a bunch of underage witches on you, he would of done it years ago.”

Harry’s mouth twitched into a whisper of a smile, partly because in his opinion he couldn’t ask for a better girlfriend, but also because of the fact that they were now at a stage were they could all so easily joke about Voldemort without causing awkwardness or offence.

“Besides, his fan girls are like, what, eleven, twelve, thirteen years old? It’s not like any of them are a real threat is it?” she said shrugging. “I doubt I’ll be needing to practice my bat bogey hex on any of them anytime soon.”

Harry grinned at her.

“However,” continued Ginny, narrowing her eyes at something behind Harry’s head, “there may be the odd exception.”

“Hey, Harry,” Romilda Vane’s voice in his ear startled him, causing the pumpkin juice he was drinking to dribble down his front. “Is it true that you have a lightening bolt on your left buttock to match the one on your forehead?”

Any remaining juice in Harry’s mouth was now sprayed across the table.

“I believe Professor McGonagall told you to leave Harry to eat his breakfast,” said Hermione stiffly, glaring at Romilda. “Now unless you return to your table and leave him in peace, I will be forced to remove points.”

Romilda huffed before turning and walking back to her place on the table.

“Scar…on left buttock…priceless,” said Ron between barks of laughter as he thumped a choking Harry on the back. “You’ll have to watch that one, she’ll be spying on you in the changing room showers next to try to catch a glimpse of your arse!”

“Ronald!” cried Hermione slapping him on the arm. “Watch your language!”

“Does it really say that in the magazine?” spluttered Harry, reaching for it again only to have it tugged out of his hands by Ginny.

“Well yes, actually it does,” said Ginny rolling it up again and placing it back into her bag. “But you and I both know that it’s just rubbish.”

“Yeah, can you imagine Harry if you did have a lightning bolt on your…wait a minute, what do you mean ‘you and I both know?’ How would you know what was on his left buttock?” Ron said sharply, sobering instantly and glaring at Ginny.

“Would you really like details, Ron,” Ginny replied, defiantly staring back at him. “Because honestly, there are underage students present.”

Ron sat gawking at her for several seconds, opening and closing his mouth like a deranged goldfish. Harry on the other hand, was now more then ever wishing that the floor would open up and swallow him.

“Ginny’s just joking Ron,” said Hermione, nervously glancing between Ginny and Harry. “Right Ginny?”

Ginny simply shrugged and went back to her breakfast.

Ron, who’s ears were now so red they were practically glowing, opened his mouth to retort but was thankfully interrupted by Pavarti Patil, who sat a few seats down.

“So Hermione, how about you? Have you taken the test yet?”

“Err…no I haven’t,” Hermione said stiffly, turning her attention to her plate, “and I don’t intend to either. Its clearly completely childish.”

“That’s funny, Hermione,” said Lavender in a mockingly sweet tone very similar to one once adopted by Dolores Umbridge, “because I could of sworn I saw you polishing it off earlier when Harry got mobbed by those crazy girls.”

“Well you were mistaken,” Hermione replied through gritted teeth, carefully avoiding looking at Ron, who was glaring at her accusingly.

“Come on Hermione, spill it, did you take it?” urged Pavarti excitedly, leaning forward in her seat, her large brown eyes glimmering in anticipation. “ Who did you get?”

“I told you I didn’t… HEY, RON!” cried Hermione as Ron reached into her bag and pulled out a crumpled copy of Witch Weekly. He immediately flicked through to page six and came face to face with a large and rather unflattering image of…

“VICKY KRUM!”, spat Ron his finger stabbing at the page bearing Victor Krum’s surly face and causing many around them to peer at him curiously. Harry noticed that much like his own picture, Krum had been magically charmed to wink at the viewer. “ THAT’S WHO YOU GOT?”

“Ron give it back, and keep your voice down, you are making a scene!” Hermione whispered fiercely as she desperately tried to grab back the magazine only to have him pull it out of her reach. “And so what if I did? It’s none of your business who I got.”

"I didn’t take the test, its completely childish,” Ron said bitterly, imitating Hermione’s voice before throwing the magazine down in front of her. “I’d best give you this back, after all, I’m sure you’ll be wanting to stick Vicky’s picture on your wall next to your bed.”

“Grow up Ronald, we have just been talking about how it is just a stupid magazine quiz, it’s not actually representative of one’s true feelings, nor is it likely to actually be reflective of a person’s ideal match,” said Hermione savagely, packing up her bag with more force than necessary before rising from the table. “And stop calling him Vicky!”

With one last glare at Ron, she flung her bulging backpack over her shoulder and, turning on her heel, strode from the Great Hall.

Ron stared at her retreating back before following suit and rising from the table.

“I’ll see you in Potions Harry,” said Ron tensely, seemingly forgetting Ginny’s earlier comments much to Harry’s relief. “You might want to use your cloak on the way to class if you don’t want Snape to bullock you for being late.”

As Ron too strode from the Hall, Harry turned to Ginny and found that she was once again laughing.

“Will they ever get their act together them two?” she asked shaking her head at him.

“I bloody well hope so; then we can all relax,” said Harry, chuckling despite himself. “So, erm, do you want to walk me to class so we can…discuss this further?”

“Discuss this further?” said Ginny, raising an eyebrow at him and giving him a look of disbelief.

“…Spend more time together?”

Ginny continued to stare at him.

“…Okay, okay fine, I need you to walk me for my protection,” mumbled Harry.

“Wimp,” she said, smiling at him fondly. “Okay let’s go.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The walk to potions was fairly uneventful, with only a couple of the bolder girls asking him for autographs only to cower away thanks to a well-placed glare from Ginny, and so they were able to make it to the dungeons with a few of minutes to spare.

“I’ll see you later,” said Ginny absently as she turned to walk away when they reached the dungeon door.

“Wait,” said Harry tugging her back to him by the hand, “aren’t you going to say goodbye to me properly?”

“Harry,” said Ginny as she tried to pull her hand free, “Binn’s will kill me if I’m late.”

“Binn’s is so out of it he won’t even notice if you’re there or not.” Harry said pouting, adopting his best puppy-dog face. “Please, I’m having such a rough morning.”

Ginny tried her best to look stern but failed miserably. She never could resist that face.

“Fine, quickly though,” she said, grinning as she tugged on his tie to pull his face closer to her own, their lips a mere centimetre away.

“Erm, excuse me…Mr.…erm…Harry?”

Harry and Ginny let out a simultaneous groan and stepped away from each other, both turning to look at a very small Gryffindor girl with long, straggly, dirty blonde hair and huge, piercing blue eyes.

“Please, could you… could you, erm, sign this for me?” she asked shyly, wiping her nose on the back of her sleeve before holding out his picture to him. “If you did, the other girls in my class would be so jealous.”

“I’ll see you later, Harry,” whispered Ginny, giving Harry a pitying look before walking away, leaving him to stare desperately after her. He let out an irritated huff before turning to the young Gryffindor.

“No, I’m sorry but I can’t do that,” he said abruptly, bending down to retrieve his bag off the floor before going back towards the dungeon door. “And I really think that you should be getting to your class, it’s getting late.”

When he looked back down at the girl however, he discovered to his horror that she appeared to be close to tears, her bottom lip trembling as she pulled the picture closer to her body.

“Look, I’m sorry, please don’t cry,” he said desperately. “I didn’t mean to be so abrupt, it’s just…”

“Mr Potter,” the insipid voice of Professor Snape made Harry jump as he was once again interrupted. “Will you be gracing us with your presence today, or can your over inflated head no long fit through my door?”

“I was just coming, Sir?” growled Harry, emphasising the last word.

“What’s this, still signing autographs for your dearly delusional fans Potter?” snarled Snape, snatching the picture from the young girl’s hand before screwing it into a ball, “So like your father, always desperate to be the centre of attention, pathetically craving to be acknowledged.”

The girl beside him let out a squeak before scurrying away.

“In, now!” Snape snarled at Harry before he could make a retort.

Harry pushed his way past the greasy-haired man and took a seat next to Ron at the front of the classroom, ignoring the sniggers from the Slytherins as he passed.

“Told you he would be pissed at you if you were late,” whispered Ron smirking, his bad mood now apparently fizzled out. Harry simply grunted in return.

During the lesson they were broken up to work in-groups of four, allowing Harry to work with Ron, Seamus and Neville, with Hermione working with some Ravenclaw girls at the back of the room’ apparently she had not forgotten her argument with Ron earlier.

“So Harry, getting a lot of attention from the girls today, eh?” said Neville, bending his head to carefully cut up strands of Valerian roots.

“That’s the understatement of the year,” mumbled Ron.

“Hey, don’t forget the chaps too Neville,” smirked Seamus as he stirred their cauldron which was in serious danger of overflowing. “I’ve heard more then one bloke today declaring their love for our Harry here.”

Ron let out a bark of laughter, earning himself a glare from Snape.

“Work in silence!” he snarled as he passed their desk.

“So I assume that means you have taken the test, ey Seamus?” whispered Ron, earning a glare from Harry this time.

“Sure have old boy, turns out Harry here is my ideal match too,” replied Seamus winking at Harry. “So what do you say, Harry? How ‘bout it?” he said, puckering his lips and making kissing noises.

“Thanks Seamus, but you really are not my type,” grumbled Harry as he ground some herbs with great ferocity, his face burning.

“No he prefers the destitute, Mudblood-loving, ginger-haired type,” came Malfoy’s arrogant voice from the desk behind their own. “And I’m not talking about the Weasley girl either.”

“Sod off, Malfoy,” barked Ron, spinning around to face the blonde Slytherin, “before I shove this valerian root where the sun don’t…”

“SILENCE!” Snape bellowed as he once again passed by their desk.

“Malfoy is probably just jealous,” whispered Seamus when Snape was once again out of sight. “He was hoping for you, Harry, but wound up with Krum instead.” Both Neville and Ron snorted loudly. Harry, however failed to see the funny side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Harry dragged himself down the corridor, sullenly making his way to the Great Hall for the evening meal. Having decided to skip lunch already that day, he felt he owed it to Ginny to make an appearance. How he’d wished though that he had thought to bring his invisibility cloak with him today, because try as he might, he was finding it increasingly difficult to ignore the many people around him shouting comments or wolf whistling, and especially those brushing past him and stealing a sneaky grope. Just when he was considering taking a detour to the kitchens for food (and privacy), he was once again mobbed by a large group of first year girls, each one seeming to be holding some form of confectionery.

“I have cauldron cakes for you, Harry.”

“Would you like some Pepper Imps? I bought them for you.”

“Here Harry, have a sniff of my Chrysanthemums!”

“Try these, Harry, they’re not spiked, honest.”

Harry couldn’t take it anymore and so he did what any man would do when faced with this sort of situation: he ran.

Fortunately for Harry, his frequent Quidditich training sessions meant that he could easily outrun the girls, and so as he made his way around the corner of the corridor, he noticed a dark alcove next to a suit of armour in which he could hide. He stood in the shadows for only a couple of minutes before the group of girls ran by him like a stampede of hungry hippogriffs, allowing Harry to let out the breath of relief that he had been holding.

“Hello Harry,” said a dreamy voice as Luna Lovegood came into view. “I saw you run off down here, are you hiding?”

“No, not hiding,” said Harry uncomfortably; he felt foolish admitting that he was hiding from a pack of rabid girls. “Just, erm, taking a breather.”

“Oh, because I thought you might be embarrassed by all the girls who were pestering you and so you got scared and hid until they were gone,” Luna said airily, once again demonstrating her unfortunate knack of stating the truth, regardless of how embarrassing it may be.

“Yeah well, that too,” mumbled Harry, briefly stepping out of the shadows of the alcove to check if it was safe to come out before stepping back. ‘Ginny was right’, he thought, shaking his head at himself, ‘he was a wimp’.

“I don’t know why so many people are bothering with it really,” Luna continued, many people passing openly staring at her as from their view, she most probably appeared to be talking to a brick wall, which in Harry’s opinion, she may as well have been.

“I, of course, have not taken the test. Personally, I find it to be a bit silly. Daddy places much more interesting and insightful quizzes in the Quibbler. For example, this morning’s addition included a rather interesting quiz to find out what you were in a past life. I found there is a great possibility that I may have been a Glumbumble in a past life which is funny because I would of definitely of said that I was most likely a Pogrebin, which is…”

“Luna that is fascinating, really,” said Harry, managing to cut off Luna’s tirade. “But listen, can you do me a favour?”

“Sure, Harry,” said Luna, smiling back at him. “I’ll do anything for a friend.”

“Erm, right, well could you possibly go and find Ginny for me and tell her to meet me here? She will probably be in the Great Hall by now.”

“Of course, Harry, but you know if you really are afraid to go yourself, you could always tie some Filapose leaves around your neck. It makes you absolutely un-desirable to the opposite sex. Although that would work on the girls, I'm not too sure what you'd do about the boys I've seen with you're poster…”

“Thanks Luna, I’ll bear that in mind,” said Harry irritably, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “So will you get Ginny for me?”

“Yes I will, would you like me to leave you my copy of The Quibbler while I am gone? You can find out what creature you were in a past life,” she said, rooting around in her bag for the magazine.

“NO, no really that’s fine, I don’t really need to know,” said Harry hastily. “Erm, thanks though.”

“Oh okay,” said Luna, sighing. “You most probably would have been a plimpy in a past life anyway. I’ll go and get Ginny now. Bye, Harry.”

As Luna skipped away, Harry was left to ponder what the hell a plimpy was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Harry didn’t know how long he stood leaning against the cold stone wall in the dark of the alcove, but to him it seemed like hours before he finally spotted Ginny walking by, curiously looking around the corridor in search of him.

"Psst Ginny," he whispered urgently, sticking his arm out briefly to motion to her.

"Harry what the…?" she said curiously, stepping towards him.

“Shhh,” he hissed desperately, and when she was in reaching distance he sharply pulled her towards him as a pair of giggling girls passed by.

"So, what are you planning on doing, staying here forever?" she whispered furiously when the girls had passed them by.

“Keep quiet, they might not be gone yet,” Harry whispered, briefly stepping away from the wall only to have Ginny push him back with such force that he hit his head slightly on the stone behind him.

“Harry, this is getting ridiculous!” she said, raising her voice slightly and keeping her hands on his chest to keep him pressed against the wall. “You are actually hiding from a group of girls! Do you know how pathetic this looks!”

“Hey!” he said indignantly as he rubbed the back of his head where it had hit the wall.

Her expression softened immediately and she reached up to rub the back of his head for him, slowly racking her fingers through his messy hair.

“Sorry,” she said softly, lowering her arm and taking a step back from him, but still keeping within the shadows. “Its just, for Merlin’s sake Harry, you’ve taken out the darkest wizard of all time and here you are months later letting yourself get beaten by a bunch of silly girls.”

Harry felt nettled as he folded his arms across his chest and frowned at her.

"You don't know what they are like though, Ginny,” Harry said defensively, staring down at her face. In the darkness he could just barely make out her features. “They’ve started trying to give me presents and stuff now and one girl even pinched my bum!”

"Well you can't blame her, Harry,” said Ginny and Harry could hear the humour in her voice. “Afterall, the magazine did say that your bum was very pinchable. Like what was it… ‘two peaches’ if I recall rightly.”

“And it’s not just girls either,” he said, continuing his defence and ignoring her comment. “Apparently there are, you know, others with the posters too!”

“Oh, you mean the one that Trelawney stuck on her door. Yeah, I thought that was a little bizarre, but what can you expect? Everyone knows she’s as mad as a…”

“No, I meant that there were guys with it too, according to …wait a minute what do you mean Trelawney has one stuck on her door?” Harry asked, horrified.

“Relax, Harry, it’s not a big deal,” said Ginny, taking a step closer to him. A single slither of light had made it’s way into the darkness of the alcove and was now reflected onto her face, highlighting the grin on her lips. “And anyway, I took it down on my way out of class, I knew you wouldn’t approve.”

"Oh, well, thanks I suppose,” he said lightly. “But still, Ginny, I’m being serious.”

"So am I, Harry, and it’s only a bit of harmless fun,” she said reaching down to grab his hand in an attempt to pull him away from the wall. “So are you going to come out yet?”

“In a minute,” he said, taking advantage of the fact that he had a hold of her hand to pull her closer to him so she was flush with his chest. “I want to know first that you are ok with all this.”

She let out a sigh before wrapping her arms around his waist.

“Well I can’t say it doesn’t bother me a bit, but if I can grin and bear it then so can you.”

“Are you sure?” said Harry uncertainly, reaching out to gently brush away a piece of hair that had fallen into her eyes, the shard of light now illuminating the many different colours of red and gold in each glossy strand.

“Yeah, of course I’m sure,” she said, moving closer to him still, so much so that he could almost feel the hammering of her heart against his chest. “And I’ve been thinking of a plan to make them back off and make certain that they know you are taken and off limits.”

“Oh yeah?” Harry whispered, distracted by her closeness and the sweet, intoxicating scent of her hair. “What is it?”

She lightly skimmed her hands up his arms and wrapped them around his neck; Harry could feel the heat of her breath against his lips.

“This,” she whispered briefly before pulling his head down and crashing her lips against his.

The kiss was heated and passionate, most likely pent up from being interrupted earlier that day. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist to keep her close while her hands had made their way into his hair where she was clinging to strands of his dark locks. Before long, she pulled away but kept her lips within an inch of his own.

“You see,” she said breathlessly, smiling slightly but keeping her eyes closed, “I plan on initiating as many displays of public affection we can manage before it is considered indecent. That way, people will know that you are mine.”

Harry chuckled softly and bent down to plant small butterfly kisses along her jaw.

"Ron’s not going to like that.”

“Ron can sod off,” said Ginny, opening her eyes briefly, only to close them again when he reached a sensitive part of her neck.

“I agree,” Harry said absently before quickly grabbing hold of her waist and twisting them around so her back was now to the wall, she let out a small squeak of surprise but her hands remained around his neck. Before she had a chance to properly react however, Harry bent down and placed his lips against hers once more.

This kiss started off slow but soon built in fire to the same degree of heat as the last one. Ginny hooked one of her feet around Harry’s leg while he pressed her more firmly into the cold stone behind her. She let out a soft moan, which he subconsciously returned when she reached into his robes and lightly skimmed his chest through the thin cotton of his shirt with her fingernails, causing goose bumps to erupt upon his skin. As one of her small fingers made their way through a gap between his buttons and came into contact with his skin however a meow at their feet interrupted them from their passionate embrace.

“Bloody cat,” grumbled Harry begrudgingly, taking a step back from Ginny.

“Is it Mrs Norris?” asked Ginny as she straightened herself up against the wall and tried to control her breathing.

“Think so, its hard to tell in this light,” said Harry, squinting down at his feet before turning and stepping out to search the deserted corridor, everyone appeared to be still eating in the Great hall. “We’d better make a move before Filch comes along.”

Together they both walked from out of the dark alcove and into the dusk corridor, being careful to step around Mrs Norris, although Harry was tempted to give her a sly kick for once again being a source of interruption.

“Want to go to the kitchens and get some food?” asked Harry, straightening his tie and grabbing Ginny’s hand as they walked down the long stretch of empty corridor.

“Not ready to show everyone our displays of affection yet, eh?” Ginny said, giggling. “Although think we may need to tone it down just a tad; I don’t fancy getting detention from McGonagall for the rest of the year by re-enacting that performance.”

“Or have Ron beat me to a pulp for corrupting his innocent baby sister,” chuckled Harry, grinning down at her.

“Yeah, poor Ron, little does he know that I am no longer innocent thanks to your corruptible ways Potter,” she replied, smirking back at him.

“Hey!” Harry said, dropping her hand to wrap an arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. “I’ll have you know that I am highly considered to be a respectable, charming, fine young man.”

Ginny let out a snort of laughter.

“Please tell me you didn’t just quote from the magazine?”

“Maybe,” Harry grinned. “Well, at least they got a couple of things right about me.”

“Prat!” said Ginny lightly, elbowing him in the ribs.

They walked on in silence for a couple more minutes before a thought occurred to Harry.

“Hey I’ve been meaning to ask you something all day,” said Harry, swinging their hands as they walked. “Did you, you know, take the test?”

She looked up briefly and smirked at him before letting go of his hand and stepping forward.

“Nope, I didn’t,” she replied as she reached the portrait of the fruit bowl and stood on her tiptoes to tickle the pear.

“Why not?” asked Harry curiously, following her into the kitchens.

“Why would I?” said Ginny, stopping short to face him. “After all, I already know who my ideal match is.”

Smiling she reached up to give him a short but utterly satisfying kiss before turning to sit at one of the tables, leaving a grinning Harry to follow behind her.

“Good,” he whispered, taking a seat next to her and finally feeling relaxed for the first time that day. “So do I.”









Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear