Search:

SIYE Time:9:52 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A New Beginning
By running_swift

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 1
Summary: Have you ever wished that, just sometimes, you could change your past? Change everything… well, maybe not everything… that had happened to you? Sometimes, I think he feels like that. A glimpse at a redhead's thoughts as she watches the one she loves.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4122



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hi all! I wrote this a very long time ago, and have just now decided to post it as my first SIYE fic. Yay! =) I'm not looking to continue it, not unless I can get some inspiration - and some time - but I hope that you enjoy what little of it there is. ~ Swifty x




ChapterPrinter


A New Beginning

Have you ever wished that, just sometimes, you could change your past? Change everything… well, maybe not everything… that had happened to you? And then, you’d feel that the world would be a better place, not only for you to live in, but for others to live in.

Sometimes, I think he feels like that. I can see it; those times when he withdraws from everyone, thinking that they don’t know what he’s going through. Not that he can fool anyone. But, I know, that at those times, there’s nothing that anyone can do; nothing anyone can say.

But I don’t think that anyone includes me.

---

It started kind of weirdly, I guess. He wanted out, I wanted out. It was a win-win situation, to be quite honest, and I’d have given nearly everything just to be able to help him out.

Nearly.

It’s the kind of word that catches you out, isn’t it? One word that changes everything.

Nearly everything, anyway.

It’s like that muggle game… tennis, I think it’s called. You either win the point or you don’t. And then, it just keeps going, on and on… until, finally, someone wins. And you’ll never know what will happen. It’s unpredictable, and with just one forehand, a snake can beat a hippogriff to a pulp.

Controversy, isn’t it? Like I said, it’s a win-win situation; you just don’t know how it’s going to turn out.

It’s things like this that make my head turn. But I think about them. He thinks about them. We both do. I even wonder why we do; thinking about the mysteries of life isn’t exactly something that people like us would really consider often.

However, I continue to make myself feel somewhat smart; there’s nothing worse than thinking of the lows in your life all the time. Think positively, and the world is your oys... ostrich, was it? Personally, I preferred the Occamy; fifteen-foot tall beauties with plush feathers and... I stray.

There was that day, some day after I got out of Hogwarts. We were in Gryffindor Common Room, talking, as was our wont in those days. Snuggled up very closely, of course, but talking. Undoubtedly my concern over Professor Lupin’s return to Hogwarts was incredibly boring. After all, one does not expect their other half to jump out of their lap, proclaiming excitedly that they would leave the present wizarding world.

“Are you mad?!” To say I was panic-stricken was most definitely an understatement. He had a world to save, people to teach! One doesn’t just go gallivanting off to another world in the middle of the second war!

“I’m going out with you. Yes, I believe I am,” was what he had said, grinning. It was the first grin that I had seen for a long time, actually. It was also the first out of several to come over the next few months. And I liked that. I liked that he was able to smile, to joke.

I liked that he was able to love.

The thing that made me the most curious, however, was the fact that he didn’t. In fact, I know he used to hate it. Not because of the fact that it was me he loved, definitely not, but because he always feared the worst when it came to Voldemort. Evidently, this somehow involved me.

“You can’t just leave, Harry!”

“Yes, I can, and I’m taking you with me. In fact, you can help me to leave!”

“Me? B-But... Harry!!” Spluttering, might I forewarn you should you ever have the need to, is not a good thing. Especially in front of your boyfriend.

Even if said boyfriend intends on ‘leaving’ the wizarding world.

“No buts! Your potion-making skills are needed!” And as he dropped back down onto the sofa, sporting a grin fit to win the Wizarlympics, I gave him my look. The what-potion-making-skills look; it said it all.

“Darling, you got an Outstanding NEWT in Potions,” he smirked.

I warn you, when your boyfriend says the word ‘darling’, it’s not becoming of him. Also, it’s best that you tell him so.

“That’s not becoming of you, Harry.”

“Bah, humbug, then.” See what I mean? Never mind saying ‘darling’, they just don’t make any kind of sense at all! You should never ask a woman to explain the inner workings of a man’s mind. And vice versa, but... we women have excuses!

“You got an Outstanding in your Potions NEWT as well, love,” I’d retorted back, determined to win him over just this once. I had never done so before. Arguing with Harry was like trying to catch a Snitch without a broom — doomed to failure. At least, that’s what I continued to tell myself.

He thought otherwise, naturally. They always think otherwise. Of course, that might just be their attempt to appear to be a dutiful and loving boyfriend. The woman always has to be right in relationships, you know. When you’re in the right relationship, anyway. Like I am. (And so, she says, let this be a lesson to you all in the art of being a perfect girlfriend.)

“Gin? Helloooo…”

I’ll tell you another thing: don’t day-dream in front of your boyfriend either. They always (and I mean always) interrupt your thoughts. For what reason though, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to guess. Maybe they have some kind of psychopathetic... thing, which senses when the wrong time to interrupt a girl is. And yes, ‘psychopathetic’ is a —

“Well? Are you coming or not? Because I shall have to drag you if you do not comply,” he grinned once again, in that way that made you feel like a five-year-old. Let me tell you — this is not a side of Harry that should be seen. But I had looked at him then, somewhat perplexed. He had never before threatened to drag me anywhere. (I say ‘somewhat’ — the feeling of utter confusion was only just beginning to sink in.)

(Also, did you notice how he’d so blatantly interrupted me?)

My perplexity never really went away. Even after he’d done his dragging me through the room. We were at the portrait hole before I’d realised it, Harry giving me the look that he knew I couldn’t resist. But I wanted to help him. I’d help him through thick and thin, and if he thought that this was the best thing to do, then so be it.

And that’s when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

That’s how I found myself being dragged out of Gryffindor Common Room and through Hogwarts’ corridors. That’s how I found myself watching him patiently, as he paced outside a stretch of bare wall.

“Well, are you ready?” is what I heard. I looked into his eyes, barely hearing his words. “It’s a new beginning, Gin, come on…”

That’s how I found myself falling in love with him all over again.
Reviews 1
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear