Search:

SIYE Time:22:06 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Hogwarts, A History
By CocaCola

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Negative Alcohol Use, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 12
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry is sent back to his third year at Hogwarts by his loving mother in order to relive what are supposed to be the best years of your life as a normal teenager. However, nothing ever ends up to be normal when Harry Potter is concerned.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3679



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Hogwarts, A History

Prologue: The Dream And The Train


Harry lay in his four-poster bed with a huge satisfactory smile on his face. I finally did it, I can’t believe it, the prophecy was actually true! he thought. Now I can finally sort things out with Ginny. With thoughts of Ginny, the boy who lived fell of into a deep sleep.
Harry walked into what seemed to be a white room with two chairs of the same color; on the top of one he saw the emerald green eyes of a beautiful crimson-haired woman; his mother.

“Harry!” the woman said. “Harry it’s me your mother!”

“M-Mum?” Harry answered, utterly confused as to where he was.

“Yes, Harry. Take a seat.”

Harry obliged and sat in the ghost white chair. “Harry,” she said, “you have had a rough life, and you have been a brave boy; braver than anyone else I have ever seen.” Harry listened intently, “But you have had far too rough of a childhood for even a brave boy like you to be forced to endure. Don’t get me wrong, I think you could easily tough it out, but I want to also give you the option to live what are supposed to be the best years of your life. Harry, I’m giving you the option to start your third year at Hogwarts in a world where there is no Voldemort.”

“But what about my friends?” Harry interrupted. “I can’t just leave them. What about Ginny?”

“Harry, you will have all of your friends. You will have the friendships and the bonds that you made in your first two years at school, but now you will be able to build on these bonds, and to develop strong relationships and friendships. This is all your choice Harry, but as your mother, I advise you to take this chance. So, Harry, do you want to return to your third year?”

Harry thought about it. That would mean Dumbledore would be alive, and Sirius. I guess the only good thing that came out of the war was defeating Voldemort. I’ve always wanted to explore Hogwarts more. I feel like there’s so many secrets left to uncover. I suppose there’s no downside to it, except I’ll have to have a row with Ron again about dating Ginny.

“Do it,” Harry said confidently.

“Are you sure Harry?” Lily Potter asked.

“Yes, I’m sure. Do it.”

“Okay son, but just remember that no matter what, Dad and I will always love you.”

“I love you too,” Harry said.

*****


“Wake up Harry!” Ron shouted, panicked.

Harry’s eyelids slowly opened, “Hurry up Harry, the train leaves in thirty minutes!”

“The train?”

“Yes, the train! The Hogwarts express! Have you gone mental?”

“What about Voldemort?”

“He’s dead Harry! Remember! You killed him when you were a baby! Bloody hell; you really have gone mental.”

Harry then recalled his dream. “Oh, right, sorry.”

“Well, you better get a move on. Hermione and the others are already eating breakfast.”

Eating breakfast? In the Great Hall? Harry thought. He then looked at his surroundings; twin beds, white walls, half-packed trunks, Hedwig in her cage. Wait Hedwig? She’s alive! I must be in the Burrow, and the train’s leaving in thirty minutes! Bloody hell! The train’s leaving in thirty minutes! Harry then scrambled to put on a pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt. He then threw all of the clothes he thought were his, stuffed his wand into his pocket, and messed up his hair. “Right; let’s go Ron.”

“Bloody hell Harry!” Ron laughed. “You pack fast.”

Harry and Ron then headed downstairs to breakfast and saw Hermione, Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, Percy, and Ginny eating at the kitchen table. Harry kept his gaze on Ginny for a bit longer then necessary. This is the year she matured, Harry thought. However his thoughts were interrupted with the worried voice of Mrs. Weasley.

“Oh Harry dear, you and Ron must be starving!” Molly Weasley then proceeded to the kitchen to bring them plates of eggs and pumpkin juice. “Hurry up and eat those boys, or we’ll miss the train.” Harry then realized that everyone in the room was done with their breakfast and waiting on them. Harry and Ron quickly shoveled down their food, and they had only twenty minutes to head to Platform 9 and ¾ .

They all quickly proceeded to the Weasley’s fireplace, grabbed a pinch of Floo powder, and were transported to Diagon Alley. Once there, they walked at a fast pace toward the Kings Cross Train Station. While they walked Fred and George approached Harry from opposite sides.

“Harry,” Fred said

“Yeah,” he responded.

“We were thinking about your Hogsmeade problem,” George said quietly.

“And we found a solution,” Fred continued.

“Check it out,” they said simultaneously and handed Harry a piece of parchment.

“What’s this?” Harry asked.

Fred then placed the tip of his wand on the parchment and announced, “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

The Marauders’ Map, Harry thought. Sure enough ink appeared on the parchment and it read: Messer’s Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present: The Marauders’ Map. Harry opened it and [sure enough] there was the map of Hogwarts with the entire faculty inside. Harry smiled and turned to thank Fred and George, but they were already gone.

“What was that about?” Ron asked approaching Harry.

“I’ll tell you on the train.”

“All right, I’ll hold you to that.”

The rest of the walk went by uneventfully. Harry made some small talk with Ron and Hermione, and he tried to include Ginny. Eventually they made it to the fake wall and ran straight through.

“I’ll never get used to that,” Harry told Hermione.

“Yeah, it feels weird every time I go through,” she responded.
Just as Hermione finished her sentence a magically powered train came rolling down the track, and made a squeaky stop.

*****


The rancid fumes of burned gas polluted the air, but Harry didn’t mind it; nor Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, or Ginny. They were too excited to mind it. They were about to embark to Hogwarts, where one of the most memorable years of their lives would take place.

“All aboard?!” The captain of the train shouted.

“Hurry, dears or you’ll miss the train. Good luck, and be good, especially you, Fred and
George,” Mrs. Weasley warned.

“Yes Mum,” they said reluctantly. (Like they were even going to consider the warning.)

“Now go, go hurry, and I love all of you,”

“Bye Mum!” Ginny shouted

“Bye!” Ron called back.

“Bye Mum!” Fred and George shouted simultaneously

“Bye Mrs. Weasley! Thanks for everything!” Harry shouted.

“Bye Mrs. Weasley and thanks!” Hermione shouted.

With that Harry, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Fred, and George stepped on to the Hogwarts express. George and Fred soon found Lee Jordan in a compartment, and joined her; however Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were still without a compartment. However, Ginny soon found a compartment with a few of her fellow second-years. Harry was then reminded that she didn’t hang out with Hermione, Ron, and himself. After these thoughts, Harry, Ron and Hermione found a compartment for themselves

“Harry, what did Fred and George give you back in Diagon Alley?” Ron asked.

“Something brilliant, check it out,” Harry then placed the Marauders’ Map on the table.

“It’s just a piece of parchment,” Hermione stated

“That’s where you’re wrong Hermione, watch,” Everyone leaned forward to look at the parchment. Harry then placed the tip of his wand on the parchment and stated: “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Ink slowly appeared on the parchment stating: Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present The Marauders map.

“The Marauders’ Map?” Hermione asked, Harry smiled at her and unfolded the parchment to reveal a complete map of Hogwarts and everyone inside.

Ron and Hermione stared at it in awe, “Is that really Dumbledore?” Ron asked pointing to a dot moving back and forth in the headmaster’s quarters.

“Yeah,” Harry replied, “pacing in his office.”

“Harry!” Hermione said excitedly, “This could get you to Hogsmeade, you can take this passageway that leads to Honeyduke’s cellar.”

“Yeah,” Harry replied, “That was the reason they gave it to me.”

“I didn’t know that room was there.” Ron said pointing to a room that seemed to be behind the fireplace of the Gryffindor common room.

“Yeah what is that?” Harry asked no one in particular, ‘I’ve never noticed that before.’

“This map looks old, they either made a mistake drawing it, or they took out that room, I don’t think it’s much to worry about.” Hermione stated intelligently

“Yeah you’re probably right” Ron said in agreement.

The map never lies, Harry thought repeating Remus Lupin’s words in his head.

Just then a short and plump lady carrying a trolley full of candy came by. “Anything from the trolley dears?” she asked politely.

“I’ll have the assorted Bertie Bott’s Beans please,” Ron said handing her two Sickles.

“I’ll have the same please,” Harry said

“Anything else?” the trolley lady asked,

“No thanks,” Hermione responded

“Actually, I’ll also have a chocolate frog,” Harry added

“Sure thing dear.” The trolley lady handed him a chocolate frog, he paid, and she left.

Ron quickly opened his box of jelly beans and began digging in. “I swear Ron if you eat any more of those beans you’ll turn into one,” Hermione warned him

“That wouldn’t be so bad,” Ron said indifferently. “I’d smell good.”

“That assuming you don’t get bogey flavor,” Hermione said.

Harry laughed at the thought of Ron being a booger-flavored jellybean when suddenly they heard screams.

“What’s going on out there?” Ron asked, but everyone was staring at the window, which was freezing at a fast pace. Suddenly a figure dressed in a torn black cloak entered the compartment. Suddenly Harry felt scared, all the happiness and the laughter that he had shared with his friends just moments ago had been by screams of his parents dying at the hands of Voldemort. Harry stared at the faceless creature, but he saw only darkness. He saw an abyss of hatred, cruelty, and evil. Before he could see anything else, he saw nothing else. His world had gone black, for only moments, but what seemed like seconds later he slowly opened his eyes.

“Ginny?” he said. He observed his surroundings and sure enough, there was Ginny, but the rest of the compartment was empty. “What happened?”

“You blacked out,” Ginny replied “I was going to the bathroom and saw you here. Hermione and Ron told me to look on you while they went for help. Are you all right, Harry?”

“Oh,” Harry said, “yeah I’m fine.” just like my last third year, he thought, but where’s Lupin? Just then, Harry remembered something. “Do you want a chocolate frog while we wait?” Harry then reached into his pocket and pulled out the chocolate frog that he had bought earlier from the trolley lady.

Ginny smiled at him, “Thanks Harry.” She accepted the chocolate frog, and opened the box. The frog leapt out, but with fast reflexes, Ginny caught it.

Harry stared at her the entire time, enjoying just staring at her light auburn eyes. He’d thought about asking her out when they got to Hogwarts, but had decided against it. I have to wait, he thought, I have to build that relationship we had before. So, his plan was to remain a good friend, and flirt with her, until he made sure she had the same feeling for him as she did in her fifth and sixth years.

Ginny felt a little uncomfortable under his gaze, but decided to play with her chocolate frog, and pretend to not notice. Does he fancy me? Ginny thought, of course she had not gotten over her crush for the boy who lived, and had thought that she had as good of a chance as anyone with him. Maybe even a better chance, seeing the way he’s acting now. Ginny wondered, but her thoughts were interrupted as Ron and Hermione came back into the compartment, out of breath, and an odd looking man behind them.

“Harry,” Hermione said. Harry looked up at her, Ron, and the mysterious person behind her. “This is Professor Lupin, our new defense teacher. He said he can help you.”

Harry smiled and gave a nod in recognition. Ah, good so he’s here after all.

“Indeed I can,” Lupin said, referring to Hermione's previous statement. He reached into his bag and pulled out a chocolate bar. “Here, eat this,” he said, “it’ll help.”

Harry took the chocolate and began eating it.

“You all should be getting into your robes soon,” Lupin continued. “It’s perhaps about a half hour until we get to Hogwarts.”

“Alright, thanks” Ron said.

“I’ll look forward to seeing you all at school,” Lupin said as he left the compartment, and headed toward his own.

*****


Harry, Ron, and Hermione stepped out one-by-one from the hard metal of the train onto the soft, slightly chilled September ground. They began walking toward the self-driving carriages and were comforted by the familiar gruff voice that shouted “Firs’ years o’er here, fir’s years with me!”

“Glad Hagrid’s here,” Harry commented.

“Why wouldn’t he be?” Hermione asked, skeptically.

Harry realized his mistake, “I don’t know it’s just good to here a familiar voice y’know? Feels like I’m back home.” Harry hoped Hermione would buy his excuse it wasn’t a lie anyway.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Hermione replied.

Harry then caught a glimpse of Ginny walking towards a carriage with some fellow second years. “Hey Ginny!” he called.

Ginny turned around when she heard Harry’s voice, “What?”

“Do you fancy riding with us?” Harry asked.

“Sure,” she replied, smiling. That smile, and mainly her lips, immediately reminded Harry of the wonderful moments he had shared snogging with her in his sixth year.

They all soon reached the carriage and filed in. As their carriage began rolling along the dirt road to Hogwarts, Ron decided to interrupt the silence. “Do you reckon that Lupin guy is our new defense teacher?” he asked.

“Probably,” Harry replied, “I can’t imagine Dumbledore would have given Snape the job.”

“Yeah probably not,” Ron replied, he then stretched his legs and yawned, “Man, I hope they have these carriages for our Hogsmeade trips.”

“They don’t,” Ginny replied, “Fred and George were telling me that the worst part of Hogsmeade was having to walk so far in the middle of the winter.”

“Oh, that sucks,” Ron replied disappointed. He then looked out at the Quidditch pitch and asked, “How do you think our team’s going to do this year?”

“I don’t know,” Harry responded, “Probably well, considering we’ve still got Wood as our captain.”

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny continued talking about Quidditch until they reached Hogwarts. As their chariot approached Harry beamed at the large castle, This should be a fun year, he thought.
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear