Search:

SIYE Time:6:17 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


With Me
By crowley11

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: The morning after the final battle Harry and Ginny wake up together to a new day. But old issues need resolving. This is a follow-up to my other story Tomorrow. but can be read on its own (I suggest reading that first though).
Hitcount: Story Total: 5347



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:


I wasn't sure if I wanted to put this one up because I didn't really want to add to Tomorrow.
But i couldn't resist. I'd love to know what people think. But please enjoy!!!!!!





ChapterPrinter




Harry never remembered feeling so warm, inside and out. The rays of the sun pressed against his eyelids coaxing them open. But sleepy logic suggested that they must have weighed a hundred pounds and begged to stay closed. He took a deep and lasting breath (reverent to the fact that he still could) as the smell of flowers and the feeling of home invaded his senses. A genuine smile began to fill up his face as he wove himself tighter around the woman in his arms. He began to warm himself up with a new sensation. For the first time in his life he felt possibility.

Ginny sighed contently and nuzzled against him. Waking up, Harry realized there was something different between them, something new. The night before they barely had a full conversation but the emotion that flowed between them had changed everything. There was something deep and extraordinary that went beyond a typical teen relationship and the two now shared a connection well beyond their years.

But when he finally opened his eyes he was able to take in all the marks and bruises still on Ginny’s face from the battle and his body, at first movement, was tender and sore. Reality seeped into his skin straight to the bone making his body rigid. Ginny must have felt it because she turned over and looked at him with heavy eyes.

“He’s really dead.”

But Harry saw in her eyes that she wasn’t talking about Voldermort. And he just didn’t know what to say. Suddenly anxious, he sat up and threw his head into his hands and propped up his elbows on his knees. He was just too drained. Ginny sat up behind him and rested her head on the back of his shoulder and rubbed his arm. Harry instantly relaxed again as she whispered in his ear,

“But we’re not, Harry. And I’m proud of him…and you.”

This turned his head and when he looked at her he was sure for a moment that he forgot how to breathe. Her eyes poured emotion and strength and Harry was struck dumb. Her face showed a brutal wisdom that only comes from forced experience. The moment was fleeting though, because she suddenly got up.

“Ginny?” Pleaded Harry as he snapped out of his spell and jumped off the bed. “Don’t g —“

“You were dead Harry.” Her voice was heavy with torment and confusion. She wouldn’t stand still and kept vigorously shaking her hands as if she were trying to rattle her memories out through them. She wasn’t leaving but she didn’t stop moving either.

“Ginny —“

But she suddenly spun around, eyes glistening. “Harry what do you want? With us I mean…”
He was caught off guard by the sudden change in tempo but recovered nonetheless. “Ginny,” he said grabbing her upper arms so she would stop fidgeting around, “I just want us to be together again.”

He knew it sounded lame the second it left his mouth and it wouldn’t be enough.

“Harry, I want you to know that I’m not mad at you for leaving me behind. I completely understand. I mean I still have the Trace on me for pity’s sake! Besides,” and for the briefest of moment’s pain flicked across her eyes, “I was needed at Hogwarts.”

“Ginny,” he interjected suddenly overwhelmed with grief and guilt but knowing she wasn’t finished with him, “I so, so sorry for all of this. For what being in my life has brought for you. I heard some stories from your year here and I just — you — and with Fred and — uh,” he stammered. His eyes searched around the room for his thoughts as if he had left them written on the walls. “I just want you to know that I want to be here for you now, so badly. And through all of what’s to come if you’ll let me.”

But Ginny pulled away. “I don’t want you to be there for me, I want you to be there with me!” Now she was upset, and all Harry could do was wait. “I want to be with you Harry. You break my heart when you push me back at the first sign of danger! I wont be anything less than an equal to you Harry, please understand that!”

“I WONT lose you Ginny.”

“BUT IT’S OKAY IF I LOSE YOU? Harry please, don’t ask me to sit back and twiddle my thumbs anymore. Especially when it comes to you.”

“This isn’t about me.”

“No, it’s about us.”

“Ginny you don’t understand. I can’t lose anyone else; I wont. I need you!”

“Do you Harry? You’re not acting like it. You’re more than willing to let Ron and Hermione run into the fray.”

“It’s different!”

“How?!”

“BECAUSE I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!” The words spilled out before he could catch them but he was on a roll now. Had he not started pacing around the room he would have understood by the look on Ginny’s face he didn’t need to explain anymore. “Because all I do is dream about you! I mean it aches sometimes because I’ve been thinking about you too much. I watched your bloody dot on a map for months. I WANT TOMORROW WITH YOU!”

“Harry —“

“But it’s more than that. You make me my best Ginny. You give me purpose. All I can think to do is protect you. Protect the man I feel like I can be when I’m with you, the future I could have. If you were lost, I mean I just —“

But what more there was Ginny didn’t find out because she had grabbed the front of his shirt and crushed her mouth onto his. She pressed herself against him till there was positively no room between them to fill. Harry was just to stunned to do anything. A truly sublime moment can do that to a person. Ginny pulled back only a little to whisper against his lips.

“I love you too. But you cant just —“

Harry kissed her this time. When his brain finally caught up to him the only thing left to do was grab her by the waist, pull her flush against him, and lose his mind yet again. The kiss was filled with fervor that want and distance has stirred in them for almost a year. The feeling of being against one another was worth every second of their wanderings and her confession to Harry made every pain he faced before this moment worth it. It was like fire and ice at the same time. By some unspoken consensus they broke apart with huge smiles on their faces. Ginny was blushing and looking at the floor but Harry wasn’t ready to lose her gaze just yet. He had been deprived of so much that all he could think of was the very real possibility of sinking into her eyes and never thinking again. He settled, however, for pulling her back to him and leaning his forehead against Ginny’s. Dizzy from the last ten minutes (and because Harry was never someone you might call suave) he broke the comfortable silence.

“Now all we need is Kreacher to get us some clean clothes so we can shower and find everyone. Who knows how long we’ve been up here.”

“Who cares,” smiled Ginny as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

CRACK! The sound of the house-elf’s sudden appearance startled Harry and caused his head to bump into Ginny’s a little harder than necessary. The situation alone was enough to make Ginny rub her head and giggle. However, the look on Harry’s face when he realized that he had inadvertently ruined their private moment by mistakenly calling the elf to them was enough to send her into gales of laughter.

“Er — um yeah. Uh, Kreacher if you have a moment, could you maybe please find us some fresh clothes and tell us where the rest of the Weasley’s are?”

“Kreacher lives to serve his brave and noble Master.” And with a deep bow to Harry and a nod to Ginny he was gone.

“Well,” said Ginny chuckling, “It’s probably for the best. You do smell really bad.”

“Ha!” letting out a hardy laugh for the first time since their flight from Gringotts, “Well you’re looking a bit disheveled yourself you know.”

“What are you saying?” she asked playfully with her hands on her hips. But when she caught her reflection in a mirror over Harry’s shoulder the smile disappeared. Ginny suddenly looked something she hadn’t in a long time, self-conscious. Harry briefly wondered if that shy 11-year-old girl had ever truly left her. To Harry, Ginny was the most beautiful thing in the world. Even now as she tried to smooth her hair a bit and brush off the grime. But maybe she still needed to know.

“Ginny. You are more beautiful right now than I have ever seen you before. Truly.” He waited a moment for their eye contact to confirm his honesty before letting the mischief return to his smile as he added, “Not to mention how desperately I want to be with you, but a man can only take so much stink!”

The hopefulness in her voice was not lost on Harry. “With me?”

He closed the gap between them, taking her hands from her hips and pinning them behind her back. Trapping her against him. Knowing full well that they were no longer talking about current appearances, Harry met her gaze with true sincerity.

“With you. You and I together.”

And when he kissed her. I was filled with the same promise and hope that she had given him the night before. Their embrace became so passionate that they didn’t even notice when Kreacher cracked back into the room and left them everything they needed to freshen up.

“Promise me Harry?” Ginny asked right before they parted ways for their showers, “Promise me no matter what may come in the future. We face it together.”

“I don’t even see a future without you next to me Ginny. It might take me a while, but I promise.”

With a last look they parted ways. Knowing, for once, that there was nothing to keep them from seeing each other again; soon.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear