Search:

SIYE Time:8:39 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Nineteenth Christmas
By Head Over Heals

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/PM
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 11
Summary: Harry, curled on the couch with Ginny, recalls Christmases from the past.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6917



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hello Everyone!

This is my first attempt at fan-fiction, and I'm afraid it's terribly lacking in plot. Hopefully, better publications will come.

For now, please read and enjoy! Reviews, positive and negative feedback, opinions, suggestions, etc. will be welcomed and appreciated.

-Head Over Heals





ChapterPrinter


The family of five ambled into the house, each carrying several packages. The father, who was the last to enter, closed the door behind him and heaved his packages onto the table in the nook off the kitchen. He shivered slightly, his cheeks rosy from the brisk wind, and absent-mindedly ran a hand over his forehead, over the scar that distinguished him from the rest of the wizarding world.

Harry Potter shrugged off his coat before seeking the rest of his family, who were in the living room admiring their Christmas gifts from Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron. They had just come home from their annual Weasley Christmas-morning brunch. Everyone went: Bill, Fleur, and Victoire; Charlie and his wife, Percy and Penelope, George, and, of course, Harry, Ginny, James, Al, and Lily; and Ron, Hermione, Rose, and Hugo.

"Hey! St-OP!" shouted Albus, the younger of the two Potter boys. James, his older brother, shrugged and put Al's miniature broom back down so that it levitated several inches from the ground. Harry shook his head and smiled to himself.

On the other side of the room sat Lily, unknowingly watched by a portrait of her namesake and Harry's father. She giggled contentedly as her new pet Pygmy Puff from George let out a squeal and rolled away from her. This reminded Harry of Arnold, the Pygmy Puff Ginny had owned at Hogwarts. He looked over at her, now his wife, and caught her eye, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. She laughed, patting the couch cushion beside her, and he obliged.

"Hey," she purred, snuggling up next to him.

"Hey," he replied as his hand began a journey up and down her back, and his mind reeled, thinking of Christmases past.

* * * * *

The first Christmas after the war had been a quiet one. The absence of Fred, of Remus and Tonks, had certainly made an impact on the family. Everyone in the wizarding world seemed to be mourning that day. Harry had spent that holiday with the Weasleys, feeling guilty for being the cause of so many deaths, as he saw it.

Mrs. Weasley, of course, said "Oh, tosh, Harry, dear, you were nothing of the sort!" upon hearing his reason for acting so sullen. She handled her grief well, bustling about the kitchen as usual; cooking, all the while tears streaming slowly, steadily, silently down her plump cheeks.

The only positive part of that holiday had been the presence of Victoire, Bill and Fleur's darling baby girl.

The following year was much the same; quiet, subdued. It was the first Christmas after Ginny's graduation from Hogwarts. Harry and Ginny were together again and she finally learned all the secrets he'd been keeping.

It was the third Christmas that saw the wizarding world return to a somewhat normal state. Everywhere, the recuperation effort was in full swing. That Christmas, Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione had gone to Hogwarts for the feast as guests of honor. Afterward, they helped to repair and dedicate a portion of the school that had been damaged at the Battle of Hogwarts.

Harry and Ginny had walked to Hogsmeade together before heading home. They had ambled down the little streets, stopping at Honeydukes, Zonkos, strolling past the Shrieking Shack, all the while reminiscing. Their final stop was the Three Broomsticks and butterbeer for old times sake.

The fourth Christmas after Voldemort was a landmark for Harry and Ginny. Harry was now 20 and Ginny, 19. It was a traditional Christmas again; more customary than the past three. Mrs. Weasley's favorite singer, Celestina Warbeck, belted out tunes on the radio and there was laughter this year. It was also the year that marked the beginning of the Christmas-brunch tradition. It was because of this, actually; because of the abundance of people and shortage of bedrooms that Harry and Ginny ended up in the same one. They made love for the first time that night.

The next Christmas found Harry and Ginny living together. They shared a flat in downtown London. Ron and Hermione, too, had taken the next step in their relationship, although they bickered as much as ever.

"Apologizing is more fun now, though," Ron confessed, a mischievous grin on his face, a sour frown on Hermione's.

That year Ginny got a job for the Ministry. Arthur was more than proud. Hermione worked at Flourish and Blotts in Diagon Alley. She decided which books to order for the store, and often came home with heaps upon heaps of books to read and review.

"And just what are you looking at?" she huffed at the sight of Ron's gaping mouth. "Ugh!" That Christmas Harry and Ron both received copies of Hogwarts: A History, which Hermione had purchased with her employee discount.

After the war, Harry had sought a job as an Auror, only to discover that the office had been shut down. After all, with Voldemort gone, why would the Ministry need wizards to track him down? Soon, however, the department had been re-established. It's new purpose was to restore the wizarding world and to track and document the remaining Death Eaters. Harry was quickly recruited to be Head of Department.

Ron, that fifth year, played Keeper for Chudley Canons. His Voldemort- vanquishing- induced fame had earned him an invitation to the team, which he hungrily accepted. He still wasn't quite up to par, but the Canons had never played like gold-metalists, either.

By the sixth year, Harry and Ginny were engaged to be married, as were Hermione and Ron. Percy was already wed to Ravenclaw's Penelope from his Hogwarts days, and still working for the Ministry. Charlie, too, was married to a woman he'd met in Romania. Six years later, Christmas was finally cause for celebration again. Instead of a day for mourning and grief it had become a day for happiness and gratitude.

The seventh Christmas was James' first. Two Christmases later saw the arrival of both Albus and Rose, then Lily and Hugo the next year. The Weasley clan was finally complete.

* * * * *

Harry shook his head, returning to the present. He buried his nose in Ginny's hair and whispered "I love you" in her ear. Then he got up and made hot cocoa for the kids. Their smiles made him happier than ever. This, the nineteenth Christmas, found Harry warm and content, at home with a family of his own. Glancing about what used to be his godfather's abode, Harry sighed in contentment. It was all he had ever asked for.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear