Search:

SIYE Time:16:02 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Unexpected Surprises ~~~ In From the Storm
By ginweasley

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: Harry is handed a surprise when he comes home ~~~ Harry is out on an assisnment and Ginny is trying to cope with the loneliness. When someone knocks on the door, who will it be? Her husband or a Death Eater? This was previously two stories, but the first part was too short on the word count, so I had to compile them.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5453



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
this plot is mine....but everything else belongs to Jo.




ChapterPrinter


Part One


Ginny was sitting in the kitchen drinking tea and waiting for Harry to come home. He was never late and she was starting to get anxious, worrying that something had happened. Besides she had something very important to tell him. She reached down and touched her stomach gently, the phones ringing sounded through the house. She ran to it and was pleased to hear that it was her husband’s voice on the other end.

"Hey," he said, sounding strained. "I'm sorry. I'll be home in a few minutes." she hung up and ran up the stairs to their bedroom.

They had decorated it red and gold, so it would remind them of where they had met. She smiled and changed, fixing her hair as a door slammed downstairs. Harry's voice called to her, and when she called back, she heard his footsteps coming up. He swept her into a big hug and kissed her as if he'd been gone for months.

"Wow." was all she said. Harry smiled and went to kiss her again, but she stopped him.

"Gin, what’s wrong?" a trace of worry had intercepted into his voice.

"Now, Harry. I don’t want you to over re-act."

"Are you okay?"

"Let me finish a sentence. Maybe you should sit down." he did and she moved to stand in front of him.” I’m....pregnant." he didn’t answer, just stared at her in shock. "Are you all right? Say something."

"We gottta go to the bank." he jumped up.

"The bank? What are you talking about?" she called following him as he ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

"How much gold should we take out?" then he started to talk to himself. "Solid gold crib, diamond dust..."

"Gold Crib?! Dust!? Harry-"

"And, Ill ask McGonagall if she can get me the guy that bewitched the roof at school and we need paint..."

"Harry, Harry, slow down. We have eight-"

"Which room should we use?" he continued to cut her off and ran back upstairs.

'Harry," she followed him to the base of the steps. "Harry!" no answer. "Harry James Potter! Come back!"

Very slowly Harry came back into the kitchen. He walked up to her and she placed her hands on his shoulders and pushed him down on the chair. He pulled her with him and she fell on his lap. She tired to reason with him as he played with the necklace around her neck. She reached up and took his hand.

"Harry," she said sternly. "We are not getting a solid gold crib."

"Why not?"

"She'll be a baby, not a princess, and because mum said-"

"I wanna treat her like a princess." he pouted then gave her a look. "Wait, when did we decide that it was a girl?"

"I just have a feeling." she laughed and kissed his forehead.

He tightened his grip on her waist, hugging her. She stood up, walking to the staircase. He was intrigued and followed, but when he reached the landing, their bedroom door was still closed, so she wasn’t in their. He looked around and saw another door open. Inside the storage room was his wife moving boxes. He grabbed one it out of her hands and placed it by the door. She looked at him defiantly and stamped her foot, reminding him of the young girl that he fell for.

"Harry I may be a month pregnant, but that doesn’t mean I’m breakable."

"I know, its just-wait did you say a month?"

"Um..." she hadn’t meant to blurt it out like that. "Harry, I’m sorry. It's just that you were leaving for that Order thing when I found out and I didn’t want you to be distracted."

"Oh yes you are! Rember that one time in when my shirt-"

"Yeah, well I was younger and hormones and stuff." he smiled and they kissed. He pulled back. "So, about the roof?" she just laughed and pulled him back to her.

Part Two


Ginny was sitting on a chair, curled up in Harry's cloak. She hadn't seen her husband in two weeks and she was starting to forget the way he held her. He was out, with her brothers and father, as well as other Aurors; on assignment from the Order. All these years and Voldemort still wasn’t defeated. Life had gone on, however hard it was. She didn’t know where they were, or if they were even still alive. Harry wouldn’t give her a lot of details, incase someone were to find out and use her as bait or information. She shook the horrible thought out of her head and buried her face in his cloak. She breathed in his smell; peppermint, grass (the Quidditch smell never left) and the cologne that she bought him for their anniversary.

It was hard to believe that they had been married for two years already. He had proposed at Hogwarts, right after her graduation, and they were wed a month later, not wanting to lose anymore time. She smiled at the memory, but barely had a minute to remember when crying started in the next room. She ran to the sound and found Sirius; her three year old nephew and Lily; her six month old daughter. Ron had asked her if she could watch his and Hermione's son, as she would be going with them. At first Ginny was upset, she wanted to help; but after one of the few arguments that her and Harry had, she agreed to stay behind. Sirius ran to her and pulled at her long multi-colored skirt, as she picked up her screaming child.

"All right," she said looking down at him. "What’s happened?"

"She hit me." he said defiantly. Sirius had red hair and freckles like his father, a brain like his mother and all of their combined stubbornness. He was always getting into trouble, even as a baby, and then blaming it on someone else.

"Sirius." she said sternly, giving him a look. He stood staring at her, wondering she would wear down, like his mother always did when he wanted to get away with something.

No such luck for this Weasley to Weasley confrontation.

"Oh fine!" he huffed after a minute. “I wanted to play, but she wanted to sleep...so I...crossed my eyes and stuck out my tongue at her. She hates that." all of this was said with an air of pride, Ginny couldn’t help but to smile at least a little.

"Yes," she hid her smile as she placed Lily in the crib. "I'm aware of that. Let her sleep and we'll go play in the kitchen all right?" she looked at him hopefully."

"Okay." he smiled and took her outstretched hand as they deseeded the stairs. She remembered that she forgot the baby monitor and ran back to the nursery. She checked Lily, who was now asleep and grabbed the muggle machine from the table. Just as she picked it up, she heard Sirius calling her.

Fearing it was an attack, or something of that nature, she ran back to the stairs and found the door wide open. Her heart almost stopped. Standing in the doorway was Ron and Harry, she flew down the rest of the stairs and Harry grabbed her. Sirius ran past her and gave Ron a huge kiss on the cheek. She looked over at her brother; father-hood suited him, she always knew that it would. At least once Hermione straightened him out.

"Where is Hermione?" she asked, worried that her sister-in-law wasn't their. Harry held her tighter.

"Oh she's in the car; she didn’t want to go out in the rain in her condition." Ron picked up Sirius and grabbed his son’s coat.

"Condition? Oh God, Ron is she okay?" Ron opened his mouth to answer, bur Harry cut him off.

"Oh, she’s more than fine. It seems that your dear brother had more on his mind that fighting while they were away." Harry smiled eyeing Sirius and Ron blushed; as always.

"Hey you two try living with Mum and Dad; lets see how much privacy you get then."

"What’s going on?" Ginny laughed, although she already knew.

"Ron knocked her up." Harry smiled. "Again."

"Again." Sirius imitated (he loved to repeat the most embarrassing things) and they all burst out laughing.

"Well," Ron said. "we better get going, thanks for taking care of him, well come back tomorrow and get his bags."

"Sure, no problem." she smiled and kissed his other cheek as he ran into the storm.

Ginny walked into the kitchen and Harry shut the front door. As she made him some coffee, he watched her move about the room. Her red hair was up in a bun (with Sirius around) but he figured that she would take it down tomorrow. He watched the many layers of her skirt float around the kitchen, and was in some sort of trance when she placed the cups on the table. AS she reached out to pass his to him, he took her hand and pulled her to him. She fell onto his lap and put her arms around his neck. He was just about to kiss her when he heard crying from the monitor that was on the counter. Knowing it was Lily awaking; she got up and let him run up the stairs as always. She followed him up the stairs, but he beat her to the nursery. When she got their, she leaned against the door frame and smiled at the scene.

Harry was standing their, rocking her back to sleep and humming. Ginny looked around the nursery. From the moment they had found out that she was pregnant; Harry had gone full out; rampaging the house and trying to decide what insane things he could do. She smiled at the memory and watched Harry place Lily back in one of the cribs that had been handed down from her parents. She looked at the roof; he had won the ceiling. He walked up to her and turned the light off; Lily didn’t need a night light; she had the stars. They walked back to their bedroom and Harry took a shower.

When he came out, she couldn’t hold it in any longer. She just burst out crying and like a good husband he listened to her words, at least tried; through the tears. Her tears soon turned into hiccups and he kissed her into silence. She let him, not knowing how long they would have to be together; how long it would be until he had to go on another mission...


Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear