Search:

SIYE Time:20:09 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dancing Under the Stars
By Khrys

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 3
Summary: A fluffy bit of nothing, set in a time that doesn't exist, in a place that never was.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4506





Author's Notes:
I really just felt a bit fluffy while I was listening to my IPod. This is loosely, VERY losely, based on the world from Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived. As always, J.K. Rowlind is reponsible for the Harry Potter Universe in which I write, and everything Harry is hers alone.




ChapterPrinter


The music filtered through air that was thick with hormones and ripe with giddiness. All of the single people had wandered off the dance floor long ago, leaving it open for the couples in attendance. Each couple has their own unrivaled story. What follows is the detailed account of each couple on the night in question. The story you are about to see is true; the names have not been changed to protect the innocent.

Harry and Ginny twirled in circles on the dance floor, ignoring the rest of the couples present. A song came on over the Wireless Wizarding Network and Ginny crinkled her nose. Harry laughed softly before offering to change the song to something more appropriate for their dancing style. They both burst out laughing when Fred and George started their own singular and peculiar style of dancing. Doing the first thing that came into his mind, Harry cast a Bubble Charm around the twins, enchanting it so that the music continued to play inside. Fred and George each gave Harry a thumb up, indicating that it was an idea they might use in the future. Harry, already thinking along those lines, cast Unbreakable Bubble Charms on each of the other couples, allowing them to play the music based on the couples’ thoughts. “If nothing else, this ought to be interesting.” He cast the Unbreakable Bubble Charm on himself and Ginny and waited patiently for the music to begin.

Harry and Ginny
**************

Harry thought about Ginny. He brought forth the purest, deepest feelings he had for her. He pulled her close, and she molded her body to his, before slowly moving to the beat of the beginning music.

Now I’ve had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you
‘Cause I’ve had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you


They spun around in a small circle, her head resting on his shoulder. Her arms encircled his neck, while his were clasped around her waist. He left his thumbs free to circle lazily on her back.

I’ve been waiting for so long
Now I’ve finally found someone
To stand by me
We saw the writing on the wall
And we felt this magical fantasy


Ginny leaned forward, brushing her lips against Harry’s. Her hands buried themselves in his mane of black hair as she stared into his eyes. Her tongue darted out and touched Harry’s lips, teasing him.

Now with passion in our eyes
There’s no way we could disguise it secretly
So we take each other’s hand
‘Cause we seem to understand
The urgency, just remember


“I feel your urgency,” Ginny joked. She had intended to continue teasing Harry, but his mouth crushed down onto hers, silencing her voice and proving his passion and urgency.

You’re the one thing
I can’t get enough of
So I’ll tell you something
This could be love
I’ve had the time of my life
No I never felt this way before
Yes I swear it’s the truth
And I owe it all to you


Harry held Ginny close, as if he were afraid she would be yanked from his arms by some invisible force. He moved his left arm to the middle of her back and continued to rub in small concentric circles. His right arm moved up higher, giving him access to her hair. He buried his face in her glorious hair, breathing in her innocence as he gently stroked the hair falling down her back.

Hey Baby
With my body and soul
I want you more than you’ll ever know
So we’ll just let it go
Don’t be afraid to lose control, no
Yes I know what’s on your mind
When you say “Stay with me tonight”


Harry’s mind was reeling with naughty thoughts as Ginny rubbed against him provocatively and he took in the lyrics of the song. They continued to sway together, lost in each other’s eyes, piercing emerald meeting steely chestnut. Harry saw the look of desire in Ginny’s eyes and he knew that look was mirrored in his own.

The song ended, and it was Ginny who chose the next song. Her choice had a faster beat, causing their feet to move faster and their breathing to quicken as their bodies continued to rub together.

So tired of broken hearts and losing at this game
Before I start this dance
I take a chance on telling you
I want more than just romance
You are my Destiny, I can’t let go, baby can’t you see
Cupid please take your aim at me


Ginny smiled up at him as she listened to the lyrics, their eyes locking once again. Harry smiled when he heard the word ‘destiny’. The word choice was so appropriate. He kissed her forehead, thinking about the future that lay ahead. He felt her fingers rubbing his neck, easing the tension that had been building since Dumbledore’s death.

Cherish the thought
Of always having you here by my side
Cherish the joy
You keep bringing it into my life
Cherish your strength
You got the power to make me feel good
Perish the thought
Of ever leaving, I never would.


Ginny felt safe snuggled in Harry’s arms. They moved together, not missing a beat, their bodies moving as one. She wanted to make the dance last as long as possible. She never wanted the song to end.

I was never satisfied with casual encounters
I can’t hide my need for two hearts that bleed with burning love
That’s the way it’s got to be
Romeo and Juliet, they never felt this way, I bet
So don’t underestimate my point of view


Ginny could not contain the emotions she was feeling. She leaned forward, standing on tiptoe and kissed Harry with all the love she felt. She couldn’t believe that he had finally come around. That he was finally hers, forever. She knew that he would make sure that they would last ‘til death parted them’. Even then, she wasn’t completely convinced that they could be separated, and looking into Harry’s eyes, she knew that he felt the same way.

Neville and Luna
**************

Neville had his hands nervously around Luna’s waist, high enough that he wouldn’t come close to touching her bum, but low enough that his fingers couldn’t possibly brush against the sides of her breasts

They had both turned, in amusement, to watch Fred and George start their exuberant dancing. They saw them signaling Harry, when suddenly they were encased in silence. Luna made an odd sound, which caused Neville to stare at her mouth. His mind drifted off into thoughts about his relationship with Luna, and the music started. She tried to steer him around a small circle, but his feet barely moved as they swayed in place.

If you said goodbye to me tonight
There would still be music left to write
What else could I do
I’m so inspired by you
That hasn’t happened for the longest time


Neville watched Luna closely as she strained to hear the words. Her eyes lit up and she smiled at him, a true Luna smile. Her whole face expressed joy as she watched him, her eyes never leaving his.

Once I thought my innocence was gone
Now I know that happiness goes on
That’s where you found me
When you put your arms around me
I haven’t been there for the longest time


Neville felt tears pooling in his eyes as he thought of having found happiness after so many years of sadness. Luna pulled her hand away from his arm and caressed his cheek. The loving gesture made Neville’s heart ache for a closeness he wasn’t sure Luna wanted.

I’m that voice you’re hearing in the hall
And the greatest miracle of all
Is how I need you
And how you needed me too
That hasn’t happened for the longest time


“I need you,” Luna whispered quietly. She pressed her lips against his cheek, where her hand had been caressing moments earlier.

Maybe this won’t last very long
But you feel so right
And I could be wrong
Maybe I’ve been hoping too hard
But I’ve gone this far
And it’s more than I hoped for


“This isn’t wrong, Neville,” she whispered again. When he didn’t respond, or look into her eyes, she decided to take matters into her own hands. She gently turned his face, forcing him to meet her eyes. She saw the anguish that he tried so hard to hide from the world.

Who knows how much further we’ll go on
Maybe I’ll be sorry when you’re gone
I’ll take my chances
I for got how nice romance is
I haven’t been there for the longest time


She kissed him soundly. When he tried to pull back, she wouldn’t allow it and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer. Neville, realizing that she wasn’t kissing him out of pity, began to enjoy the kiss.

I had second thoughts at the start
I said to myself
Hold onto your heart
Now I know the woman that you are
You’re wonderful so far
And it’s more than I hoped for


Neville stopped swaying as the music faded. He was prepared to let someone else dance with his beloved, just as long as they didn’t hold her close. Luna, on the other hand, was not interested in letting anyone else in on their fun. She closed her eyes, thinking about how fairly Neville had always treated her. Neville looked bewildered as another song started and Luna kept her arms firmly gripped around his neck. The song that started had a fast tempo, and Neville had no idea how to dance to music that fast. Luna solved his problem by starting another slow dance.

Never gonna be in movies
Except in the back row seat
Never gonna be the raving beauty
My momma thought I’d be
Never gonna write that novel
Never be a homecoming queen
Never gonna be a super model
On the cover of a magazine


Luna was surprised when Neville took charge of the situation. He pulled her close, clumsily, and kissed her gently.

But these things don’t matter in the light of things to come
‘Cause baby, you are my moon and I am your sun


She deepened the kiss, daring to run her tongue over his lips. He was shocked when she moved his hands to her waist, lower than he would have dared on his own.

You make me feel like a star, oh baby
You say stay, baby stay
Just the way you are
And tell me girl you’re fine
And you will shine
Forever in my heart
That’s why you, yeah you
You make me feel like a star


“You make me feel like a star too,” Neville admitted. “You make me feel like I can do anything. I don’t feel like such a klutz when I’m around you.”

Maybe I’m not the girl next door
Who waves at you and smiles
Maybe I’m not a centerfold
But don’t I drive you wild
Baby, the way you see me
Is the way that it should be
Feelin’ like I’m something special
Seven days a week


Neville and Luna stared into each other’s eyes, their affection showing clearly. He kissed her again, more sure of his actions this time. He pulled her close, running his fingers up and down her back as they kissed. He felt her pull back slightly, and her lips left his for a few seconds, just long enough to whisper, “Thank you.”

Ron and Hermione
***************

“I wouldn’t laugh if I were you,” Hermione announced. “You look just as bad as they do when you try to dance without me.”

Ron looked offended, for a fraction of a second, before he saw just how vigorously the twins were dancing. “I hope I don’t look like that,” Ron responded back cheekily. “They look like overgrown, dancing, orangutans.”

Hermione was laughing so hard at Ron’s comparison; she almost didn’t notice the silence. She stopped laughing, letting the silence surround them. Not able to stop herself, she started thinking about all the times she had been so close to kissing Ron, only to have something come in between them. Usually Ron or something he said.

As the music started to grow in volume, Ron took her in his arms claiming that he had to have a dance partner because he couldn’t afford to look like the twins.

Hermione’s bushy hair, which had been pulled back into an elegant braid, just barely reached his chin. Ron rested his cheek on Hermione’s hair, enjoying the scent of her shampoo.

Swaying room as the music starts
Strangers making the most of the dark
Two by Two their bodies become one

I see you through the smoky air
Can’t you feel the weight of my stare
You’re so close, but still a world away
What I’m dying to say, is that I’m crazy for you


Ron’s chin got jarred when Hermione moved her head without warning. She apologized before leaning her head back and elevating herself onto her toes in order to kiss him. Ron gawked at her for a moment, wondering what the unusual look on her face meant. Then he saw her eyes close, and he knew what she wanted, but he wasn’t sure how to go about it.

Touch me once, and you’ll know it’s true
I never wanted anyone like this
It’s all brand new, you’ll feel it in my kiss
I’m crazy for you, crazy for you


Hermione kissed him, after waiting an eternity for his to react to her movement. Ron tried his best to kiss her properly, but he was so nervous, he was certain that she would think he was rubbish. Hermione, on the other hand, thought that he felt the same way she did. She poured all of her feelings and emotions into the kiss, trying to convince Ron that he was the only one for her.

Trying hard to control my heart
I walk over to where you are
Eye to eye we need no words at all


Hermione started to open her mouth to say something when Ron cut her off. He stared into her eyes and whispered, “We don’t need words.” He kissed her deeply, finally understanding what she was trying to convey.

Slowly now, we begin to move
Every breath I’m deeper into you
Soon we two are standing still in time
If you’ll read my mind, you’ll see I’m crazy for you.


“I don’t need to read your mind, Hermione. It’s in your eyes and in your kiss,” Ron insisted.

The music died out, leaving a comfortable silence behind. Ron, having spent so many years watching Hermione from afar and wanting her badly, was ready to tell her exactly how he felt.

They continued to rotate on the spot, dancing to the music that came floating out of nowhere. Ron crushed her to his chest, wrapping his long arms around her waist and lifting her to his height. He kissed her sweetly as the lyrics began.

Don’t wanna close my eyes
I don’t wanna fall asleep
‘Cause I’d miss you baby
And I don’t wanna miss a thing
‘Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I’d still miss you baby
And I don’t wanna miss a thing


Ron could think of no better way to express his feelings for Hermione. Everyday, he worried that he had already missed too many of the important events in her life.

Hermione reached up and tugged on his hair. “I would miss you too,” she whispered. “I’d miss everything from your flaming hair to your countless freckles. I don’t know what I would do without you. Promise you won’t leave me.”

I don’t wanna miss one smile
I don’t wanna miss one kiss
I just wanna be with you right here
Just like this
I just wanna hold you close
And feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment for all the rest of time


“I promise, Hermione. I won’t miss a single smile. I won’t miss a single kiss,” Ron’s voice began to rise as he made his proclamation of love.

He barely heard Hermione’s voice over the rushing sound of the celebration that had flooded at them now that Harry’s spell had broken. He saw her mouth move, and heard noise, but he couldn’t distinguish any of her words.

“I love you, Ron.”

The three couples looked around, wondering how everyone at the party could have missed their predicament. Neville shouted his thanks to Harry, while Ron threatened to throw his shoe at him.

“Let us know first, next time, Mate,” he hollered at Harry.

“Didn’t you have fun?” Harry asked innocently.

“That’s not the point,” Ron argued. “Of course I had fun.” He said quickly after Hermione nudged him lightly.

In order of appearance, here we go:
I've had the time of my life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
Cherish by Madonna
Longest time by Billy Joel
You make me feel like a star by the Beu Sisters
Crazy for You by Madonna
I don't want to miss a thing by Diane Warren


If you really hate it, blame the IPod, not the geek who decided to put it all on paper. Don't shoot the messenger! :)
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear