Search:

SIYE Time:23:41 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Better Days
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: Harry remembers better days
Hitcount: Story Total: 4293







ChapterPrinter


A/N: as u all know I own nothing except for my plot. The characters belong to the divine J.K.Rowling and the song belongs to the brilliant Pete Murray.



Most days, he laid in bed, and today was no different.

Harry was immersed in his soft feather bed at Hogwarts, he could hear happy squeals and laughter traveling up Gryffindor tower and filling his ears.

He stayed there, and he could feel the heat creeping around him, he watched the canopy above him, he watched the as black swirled in the hazy heat.

He thought it best to leave his bed, and moving through the humidity he made his way down to the common room.

Silence and stillness met him, he sat next to the window and watched all the people down below, playing and swimming, he watched them all mill around. He couldn’t understand how they could be so carefree at a time like this. He had come back to Hogwarts for his last year upon McGonagall’s request. Hogwarts was his home, and he worked from there, with his headmistress’ guidance and his two best friends by his side, they had destroyed all but one horcrux.

And then all that was left was to destroy Voldemort.

:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::
Well I saw it coming
I saw emptiness and tragedy
And I felt like running, so far away
But knew I had to stay
And I know when I’m older
I look back and I still feel the pain
I know I’ll be stronger
And I know I’ll be fine, for the rest of my days
:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::

A redhead, sitting by herself caught his eye. He watched her. She was sitting under a tree in a long flowing white dress, reading. He watched her as people ran around her, she was an angel, and at one point, she was his angel, he only saw her, and he noticed everything. The gold running through her hair, how her dress sat teasingly on her legs, the way she was so immersed in her book. Harry noticed that she began playing with her hair, and put her in front of her and loosely plaited it.

He remembered all the times, whenever she was deep in thought, daydreaming or completely absorbed by her reading or homework, she would always bring her hair in front of her and play with it. He used to sit and admire her, take in her beauty; he focused on nothing else but her. He lived, breathed and dreamed of Ginny, too bad Voldemort had to ruin everything.

:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::
I’ve seen better days
Put my face in my hands
Get down on my knees and I pray to God
Hope he sees me through till the end
:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::
He snapped out of his memories, only to notice, that from where she sat, Ginny was looking up at him. He managed a weak smile and a half-hearted wave. Her eyes darkened and she got up from where she was and left.

Harry could hardly blame her for being angry, not only had he broken her heart, but he had broken his as well, and he couldn’t believe how he could’ve been so blind, how had he survived so long without her? He remembered, that if you’ve never experienced something, you could live without it. But now, he can’t live without her.

He sighed and turned away from the window. Ron and Hermione were down there somewhere, but he didn’t care to look. The only thing he wanted to look at had gone. He slid over to the maroon couch, inviting him alluringly into its folds, to rest his tired being.

:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::
I notice most things
But I didn’t notice the change
It was hot in the morning
But it turned so cold towards the end of the day
There was no conversation
I just felt like I was in space
I needed my friends there
I just turned around
They were gone without a trace
:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::

As he lay there, he remembered everything about Ginny. Her laughter. Her body, the feeling of her hand in his, his lips on hers and how there bodies fitted so perfectly together. He suddenly felt so empty, he knew he was protecting her, but it felt so wrong to be without her.

He knew all to well that she could protect herself; she was just as stubborn as he was, and that’s what scared him. Ginny was so independent, once she made up her mind, nothing changed it, she could just…go. He knew she could look after herself, but he wanted to be her protector, as sad as it sounded. He needed her to live, breathe, she was everything to him, he needed her to help him rid the world of Voldemort once and for all. He wanted to come back and collapse into her embrace, he needed her to protect him as well, to love him, and if she wasn’t there, there was no need for him to be either.

:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::
I’ve seen better days
Put my face in my hands
Get down on my knees and I pray to God
Hope he sees me through till the end
:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::

As he dazed he remembered all the things they did together. Even just talking to her made him happier, he was content around he and his life had meaning. When he wasn’t with her, he felt a strange emptiness, he felt good with her, like as if he was important, as if he did mean something to somebody. He loved everything about her, the sight of her, the smell of her and the feel of her. Late at night, she would haunt him, if he concentrated hard enough, he could feel her, her presence, their hands intertwined, the warmth and comfort of their bodies together.

He loved being with her, sometimes they didn’t even speak, they just had this understanding of each other, they’d sit, immersed in silence, comforted by each other. Harry remembered the nights when they were together in the common room, they stayed together wrapped in each other’s arms, till night turned into day, day into night. Ginny would always be asleep, her head resting on his chest, and her hand on his heart, he’d stay awake, listening to her breathing and the feeling the rhythm of her heart, he’d play with her hair, twirling it and running it through his fingers, he’d run his hand up and down her body, enjoying the softness of her skin, he was so gentle with her, that he’d barely touch her. He loved her.

He still does.

He shakes himself out of his memories. Ginny unlocked feelings in him he didn’t even know he had, he couldn’t understand how he could love someone so passionately, because loving her was keeping him alive.

:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::
And I have just started
And I wont be done till the end
There’s nothing I have lost, that was once placed
In the palm of my hands
And all of these hard times
Are fading around the bend
Now that I’m wiser
I cannot wait till I can help my friends
:: * ~ :: * ~ :: * ~ ::

He sees the portrait swing open, and in steps the one he has been dreaming of, his angel, his lifesaver, his Ginny.

Their eyes meet and without knowing how it happened, her lips were suddenly on his and he melted, he couldn’t do it anymore, come Voldemort, hell or high water, he was going to be with her. Ever so gently, Ginny pulled her lips from his.

“Harry, please listen to m, I love you and I will always be here for you, you cant protect everyone, let me make my own decisions, because I’ll do whatever I want anyway, and you wont be able to stop me.”

“I’m already in danger and by pushing me away, Voldemort will realize what you’re doing and come for me anyway, Draco went to this school as well, so I’m not surprised if Voldemort doesn’t already know, but I love you, and I will always be by your side, to see you through. I can’t do this anymore, I can’t be without you, I feel like half of me is missing-“

“Half of me is missing too-“ Harry said.

“So without the other half, how are we suppose to defeat him once and for all?”

“There are some things that even love can’t conquer, Ginny”

“No, but love will defeat the dark lord”

And Harry suddenly realized he has the power, the power the Dark Lord knows not.

He can love.

And he realizes that this has what has kept him alive, he loves his friends, he loved and still does love, Sirius, his parents, Dumbeldore, he loves the Weasleys, Ron and Hermoine.

He loves Ginny.

Suddenly his heart swells and he sees his future with Ginny, one with everyone in it he loves and Voldemort is not. He is so happy; he could self-combust with pure joy.

And as he kisses Ginny again, there is not a doubt in his mind, that he will defeat Voldemort.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear