Search:

SIYE Time:7:56 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Gin
By LadyLatina

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 23
Summary: A sequel (of sorts) to Say My Name. If you haven't read that, perhaps you should. Otherwise, this makes no sense.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6517







ChapterPrinter


Harry Potter stood by the buffet table scowling at the dance floor. His best mate, Ron Weasley, was busy stuffing his face with the delicious food that had been laid out.

"Ron...man...can you just fix a plate already? I want to sit." Harry's voice was not hiding his annoyance.

"Grrhmnrmm" Ron responded. Finally he held up two full plates and gestured towards Hermione, who was waiting rather impatiently for them to join her at the table reserved for them.

Harry sat down rather forcefully, still scowling at the dance floor.

Hermione looked at him, then glanced to where he was scowling. Smirking slightly she turned back to him. "You could just go and dance with her yourself you know..." she began.

Harry cast her a furious look. "I would've if that prat hadn't pounced on her the minute we got here!"

"Merlin, Harry...she's only dancing with Justin. She's not snog..." Ron began, then stopped at the look on Harry's face.

Harry took a deep breath, willing himself to calm. He hadn't wanted to come to this bloody Ministry ball. But, of course, Harry Potter, the boy who lived (turned Chosen One, turned Savior of the wizarding world) had to be here. It was the fourth anniversary of the defeat of that bastard Voldemort and Harry was the guest of honor.

He smiled as he looked at his two best friends. They were bikering quietly. He knew that this was their form of foreplay. He chuckled as he noticed that Ron's hands were no where to be seen.

"OH!" Hermione whispered loudly, as her eyes grew wide and she blushed. Ron snickered and stood up. Barely glancing at Harry, he pulled Hermoine up and walked her out of the hall.

Well, thought Harry, that shut her up! Smiles turned back to scowls once again as he spied his wife in the arms of another.

He normally didn't care whom Ginny danced with at these functions, but, for some reason he couldn't stand to see her dancing and laughing with Justin Finch-Fletchley. It was only Justin who bothered him. He knew that Justin still carried some kind of torch for his Gin.

Sighing deeply, his mind began to wander back in time.

How well he remembered the first time he kissed Ginny. In truth, it hadn't been simply one kiss, but many. He thought of the days following that night. He had sought out Justin to apologize for punching him. He also informed him that he and Ginny were now offically a couple and that he would appreciate it if Justin would keep his hands to himself and not touch Ginny's hair anymore. Justin had graciously accepted his apology, but had also informed Harry that if he (Justin) ever heard or saw Harry hurt Ginny in any way, shape or form, that he (Justin) would be there for her. Always.

It took all of Harry's will power not to punch Justin again. Instead, he merely laughed and threw back his head and told Justin that he (Harry) was not a stupid git. How wrong he had been.

He and Ginny had only had a few precious weeks together before Dumbledore's death. He remembered how Ginny had simply sat there looking at him after he told her that they could no longer be together. That he couldn't risk her being hurt or used because of him. She had tried to argue with him, but he left her before he could be swayed.

All would have been fine, if he hadn't had that momentary weakness at Bill and Fluer's wedding. She looked so beautiful in those robes. Her hair was loose and curled beautifully around her. He didn't even glance at Fluer or her younger sister. All he could see was Ginny. He made the mistake of dancing one dance with her. When he held her loosely in his arms, he was lost. They had met in secret in her bedroom half an hour later. They had fallen into each other arms without any words being spoken. They kissed and carressed each other for over an hour and a half. Finally, he was able to tell her all he felt for her and how scared he was of losing her. She simply held him and stroked his head and back. She pulled away from him slightly and told him that she was now and always would be his. She would wait for him, because she knew he was coming back to her. They mutually agreed to keep their relationship a secret and that Harry would come to her whenever he could.

That year searching for the Horcruxes was the longest of Harry's life. He had gotten to visit Ginny at Hogwarts in secret far more than he had thought possible. They only thing that marred his visits with her, was the fact that Justin was still there. Every time he aranged for he and Ginny to meet, Justin would be around. He knew this was Ginny's doing, simply because she had enlisted his help in deflecting attention from their secret relationship. He did admit, he owed that prat for being there for the both of them. It didn't mean that he had to like the fact that that prat still fancied his Gin.

Facing and defeating Voldemort seemed almost anti-climatic in a way. He was so full of love. Love for the family he had lost, the friends that had fallen, the family that he had with Ron and Hermione, and love for the future that awaited him. Dumbledore was right, the greatest weapon in the world was love. Ginny had given him the means to destroy the creature that was Voldemort.

Once it was over, Harry wasted no time. He had married Ginny two weeks after her 18th birthday. It was a testament to how much he loved her, that he didn't even argue over inviting Justin to the wedding. Ron said it was simply because Harry wanted to rub it in that prat's face. Harry had to agree that a small part (though, not very small) did want Justin to see that he and Ginny were indeed very, very happy together.

Hearing his wife laugh, brought him back to the present. Scowling as he saw Justin twirl Ginny around, he sat up straight. If he had to come to these bloody functions, he was going to enjoy himself. The only way he knew to do that was to have his Gin in his arms. He stood with only one goal in mind. Purposefully he strode onto the dance floor.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

"Uh-oh...am I going to get another punch in the nose?" Justin asked Ginny.

Ginny laughed out loud, "Justin, you know that Harry already apologized for that....FIVE years ago! Let it go..."

"I have let it go...HE hasn't...he never did understand that you and I are just friends! Merlin, you're his WIFE now!"

"Yes, and you just happened to pounce on us the minute we walked in! You barely said hello to Harry and dragged me into this dance. I haven't even had a bite to eat yet..." Ginny huffed.

Justin threw back his head and laughed. "I'm sorry Gin...I just love to take the mickey out of Harry. He doesn't take it very well you know..."

Ginny stopped dancing. Scowling at him she said, "Justin, that is not nice. Harry doesn't deserve..."

"Hello Justin..." Harry interupted. He took Ginny from Justin and wrapped his arm around her. "Can I have my wife back now?" he snickered.

Justin grinned at Harry. "She's always been yours Harry..." smiling he clasped Harry's shoulder and squeezed it companiably. "You do realize Potter, that if for any reason you don't treasure her, I'll...."

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry, I know how lucky I am." Squeezing Ginny he turned to her and said "Dance?"

Ginny glanced up at the love of her life, she dismissed Justin with a small smile. Turning to Harry she lifted her head and whispered "Yes, Harry...."

Justin turned away from them as Harry leaned down to kiss his wife. Walking over to his table and his date, Hannah, he smiled. He did love to take the mickey out of Harry Potter.




Reviews 23
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear