Search:

SIYE Time:21:11 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


To Be Loved By You
By Dianarra

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 17
Summary: POST-HOGWARTS: With a tight work schedule, meeting friends in a crowded Muggle mall is already a hassle. Befriending a lost little child and helping find her mother is challenging enough. Despite all this, Harry believes he has gotten a priceless reward as he runs into someone who's been away for years,
Hitcount: Story Total: 4967







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer:
I do not own anything in relation to Harry Potter or the Harry Potter Universe. Everything belongs to Ms. Rowling except for the character Limo, which belongs to me. Please, under no circumstances use Limo as your own character without my permission, as she came from my imagination.


Ron closed his eyes, trying to rid of the deafening noises of laughter and chattering surrounding him. It was Friday night and a large bustle of people were present amongst them. “I don’t know how much more of this I can take, ‘Mione,” he said, while holding many shopping bags, trying to carry them all at once without dropping anything.

Hermione, who was window-shopping, turned to face her husband, who was following closely behind. “C’mon, Ron. Don’t say you haven’t been here before, we were only here a week ago,” she said, walking ahead of him, “It’s just a Muggle mall for crying out loud.”

“We’ve been here for almost three hours and I still haven’t found a gift for Mum. My feet hurt, I feel like I haven’t eaten for days, and I think I have a headache.”

“And I’m supposed to be the pregnant one here,” Hermione said, smiling, while rubbing her growing stomach. “How ‘bout we rest for a few minutes then?” Hermione sat on the bench closest to where they were standing and patted for Ron to sit down next to her.

“It’s ‘bout time,” Ron said, slumping down next to her.

Hermione looked at him and smiled. “Ron, I need to freshen up. I’ll be back in a few minutes,” she said, standing up.

“Ok, darling. Hurry back,” Ron said, stretching dramatically in his seat.

“I shall. Oh and say hi to Harry for me if he gets here before I do. He should be here by now,” she said, glancing at her Muggle watch. “I wonder what’s taking him.” With that said, she walked away, counting the seconds on her watch to make sure she set her watch right.

A few seconds later after Hermione left, a cute little red-haired girl of no more than three, wearing a green jumper, walked over to his bench, climbed up on the seat next to him, studied him with her eyes and asked pleadingly, “Mummy?”

Looking at the little girl, he said, “Are you talking me, kid? Do I look like your mum?” The girl nodded and her eyes started to get watery.

Ron looked around, unsure of what to do. The little girl started to cry much louder than before, attracting attention from passerbys.

Just then, a fellow behind him began to laugh, causing Ron to turn around and smile. “Harry mate, when’d you get ‘ere?”

Harry grinned widely but his eyes told of a different story, a sad and lonely story. “Few minutes ago. I kind of got lost. Still not used to the floo.”

“Oh, well it’s a good thing you’re here. Hermione’s probably thinking that you’ve been kidnapped or something, which is least likely to happen. So how’d the Auror meeting with the new boss go? Mine’s on Monday, just in case you’re wondering.”

After the defeat of Voldemort and the search for Horcruxes, Harry and Ron decided that, with their experiences, they should help and protect the wizarding world.

Harry shook his head, “It wasn’t so good. I had expected her to be more mature, not in age but in her words and actions.”

“ It’s a she? A-a woman is our boss?”

“Yep,” Harry said, eyeing him curiously. “So what’s wrong with that?”

Ron looked quite embarrassed and said, “Nothing’s wrong with it I guess. I just thought it was a man’s job.. ”

“She’s quite pretty too. It’s just, her attitude isn’t.”

“What do you mean?”

“She started making advances on me towards the end of the meeting, being I was the only one who was in her petite office. I told her straight up that I wasn’t interested, and she started going bonkers on me.”

“Really?! Wow! Looks like someone fancies my mate here.”

“I know for a fact that she’s not interested in me but my fame, she said so herself.”

“That’s kind of harsh, if you ask me.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, looking around, “So where’s Hermione?”

“Freshening up.”

“Oh.” Harry noticed the little girl sitting next to Ron. “This your child?” Harry asked, referring to the sad little girl next to him.

“Her? No. Don’t even know her,” Ron said.

“I know,” Harry said, jokingly,“If I hadn’t known any better, I could’ve sworn she was yours. She has red hair and freckles just like you and her eyes…her eyes..” Harry paused, as if a sudden thought came to him, and shook his head ‘no.’

“What’s the matter, mate?”

“Nothing really. Just had a weird thought.”

“I see.” Ron then started to scrutinize the little girl, noticing that she looked quite familiar to him.

“What’s wrong, my darling?” Harry asked the child sweetly, sounding very fatherly.

The child sniffed, looked up at Harry and Ron with innocent, twinkling green eyes, and said in a frightened tone, “M-my mummy *sniff* said I should never *sniff* ever *sniff* talk to strangers.”

“Oh,” Harry said softly, “And where’s your mum?”

The girl’s sparkling green eyes started to get watery again and she said with trembling lips, “I can’t find my mummy!”

Hermione made her way back to where she left Ron and noticed that Harry had finally arrived. She walked briskly over but stopped midway. “Limo [pronounced Li-mo, like the car: limousine], what are you doing here?” she asked the little girl.

The girl, who was looking at Harry and Ron strangely, grinned upon hearing a familiar voice, which belonged to Hermione, and she ran to the tall, pregnant lady, hugging her as if she was her mum. “Aunt Hermione, I don’t know where my mummy is.”

Hermione looked at the little girl, a confused expression washed over her as she avoided eye contact with the two men near her .

“You know her?” Ron and Harry asked at the same time.

Hermione still ignored them and continued to talk to the girl. “Lost, are you?” The girl nodded. Hermione then pulled her up and carried her.

Hermione looked at the two who were staring at her curiously and said, “Yea, she goes to our daycare center every week. She’s been coming ever since we first opened our doors.” Hermione, along with Luna, Parvati, and a few others volunteered at the local daycare daily to take care of children that needed supervising for the day.

“She does now?” Ron asked, realizing that that was probably the reason why she seemed so unmistakably familiar. “ Wait a tick, how come I’ve never seen her?”

“Ron, you rarely come and when you do, it’s when there’s a birthday party.”

“Well that explains it then,” Ron said. “ ‘Mione, is it me or did this girl just call you ‘Auntie' awhile ago?’

“I guess,” Hermione replied. She looked at Harry, who was looking quite uncomfortable at the moment, and hugged him with the little girl still sobbing in her arms. ‘Hullo, Harry. Tis good to see you.”

“Same here,” Harry replied.

“Well, let’s look for her mum. She must be worried sick,” Hermione said.

“Aww, ‘Mione. We’re looking for her mum now? I was hoping we’d get a bite to eat since Harry’s here now.”

“I had lunch with Remus before I came here,” Harry said, smiling.

“We can eat later, Ronald. We have to find her mum first,” Hermione said. Just then, her stomach rumbled. “Umm..on second thought, Harry can you look for her mum? I’m awfully hungry, and I ought to feed two, with this baby on the way,” Hermione said, putting the little girl down, her eyes pleading for a ‘yes.’

“Erm, sure Hermione,” Harry said, taking the little girl’s small freckled hand.

“Thank you so very much, Harry. Go on now and hurry back. We’ll be here in the food court if you need us. Go on,” Hermione said, shooing Harry away.

Harry was about to go but reconsidered and said, “Hermione, how does her mum look? There’s so many people here today, I might give her to the wrong person.”

For some strange reason, Hermione began to stutter, causing Ron to take note of it. “S-she...y-you’ll know when you see her...sh-she looks exactly like her daughter here…except for...except for the e-eyes.”

Harry and Ron looked at her strangely but kept quiet. “Go on, Harry,” she said.

“Okay, I’ll be back in a few,” Harry said, walking hand in hand with the little girl, but he kept turning once every while, to look at Hermione and Ron.

“Bye, Limo dear,” Hermione said, to the two figures walking away from her.

He looked down at the little girl, who was staring back at him, and back at Hermione.

“Bye, Auntie Hermione,” the girl replied, waving.

“Bye,” Hermione shouted. She then grabbed Ron’s arm and pulled him quickly away with her to the food court.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“ Ow, ‘Mione! What are you doing?”

“C’mon, Ron. Harry’ll catch up to us,” Hermione said, making sure Harry wasn’t following them.

“Why? What’s wrong with that? Y’know, ‘Mione, you’ve been acting weird lately. Do you know something I don’t?” Ron said.

Hermione shook her head ‘no’ hesitantly.

“Yes, you have. I know you more than you think I do. You’ve been stuttering an awful lot and there’s something more to that Limo girl, isn’t there? She called you ‘Auntie’ twice and she looks an awful lot familiar.”

Hermione stared at her husband and said, “Can we sit down? My legs hurt from all this walking.”

Ron nodded. He took her hand and led her to an empty table somewhere in the center of the food court.

“Spill, ‘Mione.”

“Where do you want me to start?” Hermione, asked, wringing her hands, absentmindedly.

“The beginning.”

Hermione explained what she knew to him for what seemed like an eternity.

“Why wasn’t I told?” Ron asked immediately but calmly when Hermione was finished speaking.

“She was afraid.”

“Still that’s not a reason for her to live in an unsafe place like the Muggle world. Look at what those Muggles did to Harry for instance.”

“But that’s different, Ron.”

Ron sighed. “So, that’s why she looked so familiar to me.”

“Yea, striking resemblance, isn’t it?”

Ron nodded. “And Harry doesn’t even know?”

Hermione shook her head. “Ginny thought it would be a bad idea.”

“We could’ve told him, ‘Mione.”

“By the way things are going, I bet he’s figured it out already.”

“Ginny’s got a lot of explaining to do.”

“She certainly does.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“ Bye, Auntie Hermione!”

Harry looked at the little girl, who was staring back at them. If Harry hadn’t known any better, he probably would have said that this little girl, who went by the name of Limo, was a small replica of his Mum. With their identical red hair, freckles, and green eyes, who wouldn’t think that they were related?

Harry pushed the thought aside as he watched Ron and Hermione’s sudden haste in going to the food court. He held a firmer grip on the little girl’s hand and together, they walked in another direction.

“Where’s mummy, mister?” Limo asked, looking at him with big, innocent eyes.

“We’re looking for her right now. And you can call me Harry if you’d like,” Harry said, smiling warmly.

“You look like my daddy,” Limo said, her green eyes meeting his.

“I do now?”

“Mummy showed me moving pictures of him.”

“So your mum and dad are wizards, eh?”

“What’s a wizard?” Limo asked, her eyes widening with curiosity.

“Nothing, so where’s your daddy?”

“I don't knowMummy says that he’s ‘vacationing’ but I don’t get what she means. I wish I could get to meet him though. Mummy says I should wish upon a star each night for him to come back.”

“Oh,” Harry said sympathetically.

Harry looked through the shops’ windows, hoping to see a woman with flaming red hair, or someone that looked like the little girl just as Hermione said.

“Where’d you last see your mum, Limo?”

“Merry.”

Harry looked at her, and confused of what she had said, he asked, “Sorry, did you say merry?”

Limo nodded, and said, “Merry. Where horsies go neigh-neigh and everything goes spinny.”

Harry scratched his head. He couldn’t understand what the little girl was saying until it hit him. “Do you mean merry-go-round?” he asked.

Limo nodded again, this time with a big huge smile planted across her face.

Harry sighed and remembered the merry-go-round was on the opposite side of the mall. He tugged on Limo’s arm and pulled her into the right direction. After several minutes, they finally reached their destination.

“Do you see your mum, Limo?” Harry asked while looking around, the euphonious sounds of music coming from the merry-go-round ringing in his ears.

Limo remained quiet, searching for her mummy from where she stood. Upon seeing a shade of red hair similar to hers, her face lit up and a wide smile formed on her lips. She began tugging Harry’s hand exicitedly, using her other hand to point at her mum. “Look, Harry, it’s mummy.”

Harry’s eyes followed to where her hand pointed, pointing to the back of a petite young woman, with identical red hair, talking to an officer.

Suddenly Limo jerked her hand and started walking hastily to her mum, pulling Harry along with her.

As they got nearer to her mum, Harry could hear little bits of her conversation with the officer.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You’ve asked me this five times already! She’s three and a half, red-headed, green eyes, and has freckles all over, and she’s wearing a green summer dress!”

The officer scribbled something in his notepad and said, “Okay, ma’am. Calm down. I’ve called for others to come and we've announcing that your child is missing on the speaker ,” the officer said, while holding a walkie-talkie.

“That’s what you said an hour ago! Why aren’t they searching for her?! She could be anywhere!”

Just then, someone began speaking on the walkie-talkie, causing the officer to divert his attention from the girl’s mum. “Excuse me, ma’am, I’ll be right back. Something important has come to my attention.”

“There’s something more important than my missing daughter?!”

“Look, I guarantee you, we are doing what we can. Stay here and I’ll be back,” the officer said, walking away.

“MUMMY!!” Limo screamed, trying to catch her mum’s attention.

“Limo?” the woman asked, turning around, looking frantically around for her daughter.

The woman ran to her daughter, crying tears of joy upon seeing her, kissing and hugging her feverishly. She pulled her up quickly and carried her. “Don’t you ever do this to me again, Limo,” she said, kissing her forehead. “You’re the only thing I have left of him.” She closed her eyes, enjoying the fact that she had her daughter back in her arms.

“Sorry, mummy.”

“You gave me a scare, darling. Promise you won’t stray away again.”

“I won’t. I promise.”

“How’d you find your way back?”

“Aunt Hermione helped me.” Her mum’s eyes opened and widened in surprise.

“Aunt Hermione’s here?”

Limo nodded and smiled.

“Then where is she?”

“She left with someone that really looked like you, except he was a boy.” Her mum smiled at this.

“So you got back here by yourself?”

Limo shook her head. “No, mummy. Harry helped me. You told me to never walk by myself.”

Her mum’s eyes widened in shock. “Har- Who’s Harry?” she asked looking around.

“He’s right behind you Mummy. He looks like daddy.”

Her mum slowly turned around, clutching her daughter tightly to herself.

It was at this moment where their eyes finally met again, when teary brown eyes met shiny emerald ones.

“Ginny?” Harry asked, his heart beating fast, not believing it was really she.

A teardrop escaped her eyes, slowly falling down her cheek, and splashing down upon Limo’s forehead.

Limo felt the teardrop and looked up to find her mum’s face etched with worry. “Mummy, why are you crying?” Limo asked with a concerned tone. “Don’t cry.”

Ginny was about to answer her, but found she could not speak. Her mouth was slightly parted, not believing that she would be in a situation such as this. You weren’t supposed to find out like this, Harry. You just weren’t, she said in her mind. She closed her eyes, hoping it was a dream. Yet when she opened them, it wasn’t a dream, it was reality.

There he was. The boy who had saved the wizarding world; the one she grew to love and still loves; the boy who had grown into a man, the man standing before her.

She couldn’t take it anymore. Tears were threatening to fall soon so she turned on her heel to leave, to leave once and for all, holding Limo so tight against her chest.

“Ginny. Ginny, wait.”

Ginny stopped but didn’t turn around.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Mummy, Aunt Hermione’s over there,” Limo said, pointing to her. Ginny saw Hermione, who was giving her concerned and worried glances.

“Limo, darling, can you go to your Aunt Hermione?”The little girl nodded, and skipped to where her aunt was.

As soon as Limo was gone, Harry asked, “Why?”

Ginny turned around and threw her arms up, exasperated. She didn't care who heard her or the fact that people were looking at her. “Why?! Harry if I told you, would you have believed me?! You would probably have thought that was just an excuse for you to stay!”

“Ginny, what are you talking about?! I wouldn’t think it was an excuse. I’d have supported you and taken care of you as I should have.”

“And ruin your dream career? Your perfect life?” Ginny looked at him, she could see hurt was written all over his face.

Harry shook his head. “No one has a perfect life and being the father of my child would have outnumbered any dream career of mine.”

“It’s not too late for that,” Ginny mumbled.

“I never would have thought, that for the past three and half years, I’d have a child. I don’t even re-”

“Don’t tell me you don’t remember! It was on the weekend you and Ron came back from that Auror training of yours! You sneaked into my room and scared the wits out of me! And you promised that you wouldn’t leave me again. And guess what, Harry? You did. You left the very next day! And a week after that, I found out I was pregnant!”

“I remember. It’s just…”

“I moved away from the wizarding world, Harry. I had to quit my job as Mediwitch as well. Mum, Dad, and Ron never knew that I was pregnant and I knew they would’ve scolded me for not thinking about the future. Hermione was the only one I confided in. She helped me in my plan to tell you that you had a child. I was supposed to tell you at Mum and Dad’s wedding anniversary, not today.”

“Look, Gin, I’m sorry, I never meant to put through all this. Maybe we made a mistake-“

“It wasn’t a mistake,” she mumbled, interrupting Harry, “Believe me, it wasn’t. She’s the greatest gift that anyone could have ever given me. You gave me another reason to live.”

Harry looked over at Limo, who was sitting on a bench between Hermione and Ron.“Can I be a part of her life, Gin? ”

Ginny looked up and met his eyes. “Sure, Harry, but-”

“But what?”

Ginny smiled sheepishly as she said this, “But you were already a part of her life when she was born."

Harry smiled back.

“Have you been with someone other than me?” Ginny asked, shocked that she could be so nosy.

“Gin, you were the only one that I was truly with. I hoped you knew that. I could never love someone as much as I have loved you,” Harry said, “Have you?”

Ginny shook her head. “No, but there were many opportunities that came, which I never took.”

“Why?”

“Because I was waiting for you to come back.”

“And I did.”

“I always told Limo to wish upon a star each night that her daddy would come home. For the first time in three years, I did the same.”

Harry stepped closer to her and hugged her.

"I’m glad you're back in my life, Harry. Whenever we're apart it feels like a part of me is missing... and then I remember, you have my heart."

“I’m not glad,” Harry said, “I’m thrilled.”

“I’ve missed you so much, Harry, it’s not even funny.”

“I somehow knew and felt that I would see you again. I never knew it would be this soon.”

Ginny kissed Harry on the cheek. “Thank you, Harry.”

“Mummy! Daddy!!” Limo yelled, running towards them, Ron and Hermione following closely behind.

Harry picked her up immediately as she came near them and began kissing her. Ginny smiled as she watched the father and her child enjoy each other’s company.

Hermione and Ron went over to Ginny while Harry was playing with Limo.

“Looks like everything turned out for the best,” Hermione said, hugging Ginny.

“Gin, you didn’t have to keep it from me, I could’ve kept your secret,” Ron said.

Ginny walked over to him and hugged him. “I’m sorry, Ron, I thought you’d be disappointed in me and that you’d tell Mum and Dad.”

“Never will you disappoint me, Ginny,” Ron said, “ I love you as every brother loves their younger sister. And you seem to forget that we’re the Weasleys. We’re your family and we’ll always support you.” Ginny hugged him and Hermione at the same time, proud that she knew these two caring people.

“I love you, daddy,” Limo said.

“I love you too, darling,” Harry said.

“C’mon, you lot, I think it’s ‘bout time we go home,” Ron said.

“But we didn’t get a gift for your mum and dad’s anniversary yet,” Hermione said.

“I know. We can always come back tomorrow.”

“I agree with Ron,” Harry said, “What do you say, Gin?”

Ginny nodded. “I’d love to go home now.”

The five walked together as a group toward the exit.

“Can I ask you something, Gin?” Harry asked, carrying Limo in his arms.

“Sure, Harry. What?”

“Why’d you name our daughter after a car?”

Ginny shared a look with Hermione, who both smiled at this question and said, “It’s her nickname. Limo, what is your full name?”

Limo’s face lit up and looked at her two parents lovingly. “Lilly Molly Potter.”

Ginny looked over at Harry who still seemed to be confused.

“Take the first two letters of Lilly and Molly, and what do you get?”

Harry smiled widely and said, “Limo.”


The End






























Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear