Search:

SIYE Time:4:37 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Smile For Me, Please?
By brittpinkie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 22
Summary: A moment between Harry and Ginny in Charms class...(One Shot)
Hitcount: Story Total: 7567







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, any of the characters, places, or things that J.K. Rowling created.

Also, I am aware that Ginny is a year younger than Harry, thus she would not be able to have Charms class with him. But let's just pretend for the sake of my story, okay?

This is a one shot that I wrote today in class. I was really bored and I started wondering what it would be like if Harry and Ginny had class together, and this idea came out of that little thought. Kids (and teachers, for that matter), this is what a boring math class will do to you- spur your imagination ;)


Smile For Me, Please?



A light May breeze blew in through the window, and Harry shifted in his seat. He was finding the day’s Charms lesson extremely boring; instead of doing any actual work, Professor Flitwick was having them copy down notes. He was trying to concentrate, but his eyes kept lingering towards the front of the room, where Ginny was sitting only a few chairs away.

Her curtain of red hair spilled over the back of the chair as she scribbled down notes. He could tell that she was actually paying attention, and a strange feeling of pride washed over him.

My girlfriend’s a good student, he thought, and grinned subconsciously. She would look at Flitwick every few seconds, then look back at her paper and continue to write down the required notes. Even though Harry continued to stare at her, she never once glanced back, and he wondered if it was because she was so involved in the lesson, or because she really was angry with him.

They were supposed to eat lunch together, but he ended up running late as he and Hermione worked on details for the next DA meeting. He was so wrapped up in the discussion, that when Hermione finally reminded him about lunch with Ginny, he had to search his mind to see if such an event existed. He high-tailed it out of the common room, and went running to the Great Hall, only to find out that she was gone already.

Feeling defeated, Harry had gone back up to the tower and finished the bit of homework he had left to do. When the bell rang for Charms, he went to class early, hoping to have a word with her before the professor entered, but she didn’t show up until the bell rang; not even bothering to acknowledge Harry’s presence as she sat down and began taking out her books.

She can’t be that mad, can she? Harry pondered. I’m sure she’ll understand that I got caught up with Hermione- I would never purposely ditch her.

That much was true. When Harry was with Ginny, he felt like a completely different person. He felt whole and happy, as if there wasn’t a trouble in the world. They’d only been together a month or so, but his feelings for her intensified with each day. Every little quality she possessed he found endearing.

Even now, he smiled as he heard her laugh and whisper something to Hermione, who was seated next to her. He could see from the side of her face that her lips were turned up in a smile, and he wished she would just turn around so he could get a proper view of her face. He loved watching her smile.

She seemed to have one for every occasion. There was her smirk, which was a half smile, and she only gave it to him when he was being a smart aleck. There was her goofy grin, which showed all her teeth, and usually came after Harry did something to make her laugh or told her a funny joke. There was her shy smile, which was often shown after Harry had flattered her or paid her a compliment.

And then there was his favorite smile, the one he had claimed as only being for him. It would start up small, her lips barely turned up, and the closer he got to her, or the longer he looked at her, the more the smile would spread until she was fully grinning; her nose and eyes crinkled up from the width of the smile.

He stared at her again, begging her to turn around and give him the exact smile he was dreaming of, but she wouldn’t meet his stare. Finally giving up, Harry put his head down and started trying to catch up on notes.




She stared straight ahead, though she could feel his eyes on her. Don’t look back, she told herself though she was dying to catch his glance. She knew that he was worried that she was angry with him, but how could she be?

Hermione had just explained that they had got caught up with plans for the next DA meeting, and she knew how important the meetings were to Harry. Besides, they ate lunch together everyday- missing one day wasn’t a big deal.

She felt bad for not speaking to him after lunch, but she knew it was just helping to make the surprise that she had laid out for him easier. After he didn’t show up for lunch, she figured out what happened and decided to make it up for him anyway. She’d been busy all lunch period, and had rushed into class right before the bell rang. She felt Harry’s glance on her as she sat in her desk, but pretended not to notice as she sat in her seat; happily noting that Harry would be surprised after class ended.

Now she sat at her desk, copying down the notes, but her mind wasn’t entirely in the classroom. She was thinking of all the memories she had with Harry in the past month that they’d been dating. There were the evenings after long Quidditch practices when they’d go for moonlight walks around the castle; talking and holding each other’s hands tightly.

There were the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners at the Gryffindor table, when they’d eat and enjoy each other’s company, usually oblivious to Ron and Hermione who were sitting right beside them. There where the comfortable days spent in the common room, working on homework, or snuggled up together on the couch.

I can’t take it anymore, Ginny thought with frustration, and whipped her head around just as Harry put his down. She frowned slightly, but a grin slowly formed on her lips as she took in Harry’s messy hair.

His hair was as disheveled mess; it stuck out untidily from all angles. She blushed madly as she thought of how much she loved to run her fingers through his hair when they were together.

Thank goodness no one practices Occlumency in here, she chuckled, but looked around the class just in case.

Her eyes landed back on Harry and she watched him scribble something off his notes, and run his fingers through his hair in frustration, which just caused it to stick up more. She laughed as he let out a frustrated grunt, crumpled his parchment and started a fresh sheet of notes. She wished she could go over and give his back a light rub- that always seemed to help whenever he was feeling annoyed.

She blushed again and turned away, only to see Hermione giving her an amused look. Ginny looked away from her just as quickly, hoping Hermione hadn’t caught her staring, but she could hear her giggling softly as she went back to her work.

Well, it’s not a crime to stare at your boyfriend, is it? She thought in a stubborn attempt to defend herself. She looked back at him again, hoping he’d look up, but he seemed intent on finishing his notes and wouldn’t return her stare. Hoping he wasn’t hurt too much by her lack of attention, Ginny frowned and turned back to the front of the classroom.




The bell rang, and Harry gathered his stuff. He usually left class with Ginny, but he wasn’t sure if she was still angry with him or not. He put his book bag over his shoulder, and headed towards her desk, determined to apologize and beg if necessary.

She was still seated, carefully stowing her parchment back into her bag. He cleared his throat, and she looked up at him, her innocent brown eyes melting the determined look on his face.

“Ginny, I’m sorry I didn’t meet you at lunch,” he said quickly before she could say another word. Without responding, she held her hand out, and he gently pulled her from the desk. She led him wordlessly to the door, not letting go of his hand as she did so, then turned to face him.

“Did you really think I could stay mad at you that long, Harry James?” she asked softly. “I figured out what happened as soon as you didn’t show up on time- you’ve never skipped out on any of our plans before.”

Feeling foolish for ever doubting her, Harry blushed and shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I didn’t really think about it, I guess,” he admitted with a small smile.

Ginny grinned, and gently grabbed his tie, pulling him closer. “It’s okay. You’re forgiven,” she murmured, and soon his lips were softly pressing against hers.

She pulled away, and put a finger to his lips to stop him from protesting. “We have all evening for that,” she said, and led him away from the classroom. “While you were off making plans for the DA, I was off creating a picnic for us.”

Harry was surprised, but Ginny didn’t catch his shocked expression. She led him out to a quiet area on the side of the castle, where she had already laid out a picnic blanket and a basket which more than likely contained food for their meal.

“Since you missed lunch, I thought I’d just re-create it for us,” she said quietly, looking up at Harry for the first time since they left the classroom.

He was staring at the sun, which was slowly setting over the trees, and creating a beautiful backdrop for the picnic. He beamed down at Ginny, and tangled his hands in her hair. “You’re amazing, you know that?” he whispered, pulling her closer.

She smiled, and leaned up to kiss him, but Harry slowly pulled away. “Wait, just one thing-”

She gave him a questioning glance, but pulled away so that she and Harry were facing each other.

“Will you smile for me, please?”

She searched his face for an explanation, and then giggled softly. She slowly began to smile, then resisted the urge of drawing it out, and gave him the trademark grin that he’d been waiting for. “What was that about?”

“Nothing,” Harry said, grinning himself. He pulled her over to the blanket, and she leaned back in his arms. “I’ve just wanted to see you smile all during Charms. I guess I missed seeing it”

She gave him another smile, and rested her head against his chest, thinking that she’d never stop smiling at Harry- as long as he always held her the way he was right then.

The End




A/N: This was fun to write- it just served as a refresher from As It Seems. I hope you all enjoyed this...then next chapter of As It Seems will be posted tomorrow or Friday ;)

Reviews 22
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear